Maggiano's - Chicago
516 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 3126447700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Francie Copeland
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 312-644-5555 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Chicago
Welcome to Maggiano's Chicago, located in downtown Chicago on the corner of Clark & Grand. Maggiano's 260 seat dining room is a quick trip from the Water Tower Mall, Navy Pier & the Art Museum. Our restaurant is an ideal location for your lunch, dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting. The outdoor seasonal patio has an old-world feel of dining on the bustling streets of Florence. Maggiano's hosts a variety of special events including the SBC Ameritech Merger conference & the Maggiano's "Linebacker Luncheon," an event open to the public that featured the first ever meeting of gridiron greats Dick Butkus & Brian Urlacher. Look for exciting future events including the Chicago Sports Celebrity Dinner. Recent celebrity visitors include John Lithgow & Magic Johnson. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maggiano's - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
323 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (193)special occasion (155)kid-friendly (103)great for lunch (101)romantic (88)fit for foodies (83)neighborhood gem (80)hot spot (47)great for brunch (40)notable wine list (40)late-night find (26)vibrant bar scene (19)scenic view (18)great for outdoor dining (12)Show More
- Family and FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I celebrated our daughter's and cousin's birthday at the restaurant. We were treated as honored guest. The love and kindness that we received was heart felt and genuine. Their manager and staff were simply impeccable in there handling of our large dinner party. We especially want to thank Maggiano's manager for allowing the use of their grand piano. Last but not least, " THE FOOD WAS GREAT" ,Thank you Maggiano's Chicago for the best birthday ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a reservation and still waitedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a reservation and still waited to be seated. I can not remember the last time that happened anywhere. The last few times we have been there, service has been VERY slow. Maybe that is why they have a hard time honoring reservation times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great place, definitely recommend it! to all folks that are visiting/living in chicagoSpecial Features:
- A perfect dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Came to see my daughter at DePaul and took her and her friends (for a total of 7) out for a good meal. Everything was GREAT! Our waiter Victor was right que with course serving, keeping our wine glasses full while never disappearing or hovering over us. The evening was never rushed for us and the food was excellent! So many places to go out in Chicago, but I wouldn't hesitate to head back to Clark and Chicago for another wonderful meal. One final thought, DO NOT leave out Nona's toasted pound cake when you place your dessert order! Epicurians Delight!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family gathering!BrandiKDined on 8/24/2014The food is great, portions are huge and the nicest waiter ever, Michael, was super awesome!!! By far the best overall Maggiano's! Very inviting, laid back, but classy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomehappydinerDined on 8/23/2014Went with family members to celebrate a 21st birthday. All of us enjoyed the evening, the food, the special dessert for the birthday girl, etc. What a great place!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerMrsbDined on 8/22/2014It was my husbands first time and he loved! The wine was awesome and I got my favorite dish, chicken MarsalaSpecial Features:
- Bad tasteprincessDDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I went here for lunch on a Friday afternoon. He ordered Chicken Parmesan and I got the Lemon and Herb Salmon. The salmon was well done but it had a distinct fishy odor which was definitely not appealing. The husband didn't like the chicken parmesan as it wasn't to his taste. The chef was called and he tried to correct the situation but it didn't help. Also, there were flies flying around and that really made me lose my appetite. I have been to Maggiano's in Old Orchard and had a totally different experience, but this time I wasn't very happy with my dining experience.
- 2luvbirdsDined on 8/21/2014Great food! Exceptional service! I took my wife out for her birthday and she loved it! We'll make it there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placeas50Dined on 8/20/2014we had this waitress named Britney. she was fantastic! she made our experience really enjoyable. we made a point to Tell her and thank her. people like her are what keep me coming back. the food is always delicious but when it's served by someone like Britney, its unforgettableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic ItalianLuvofbagelsDined on 8/20/2014Maggiano's has great classic Italian food in an old Chicago style atmosphere. When you're extra hungry your table can order off of the family style menu and select a few appetizers and entrees to share. They are delicious and bottomless. Great chopped salad too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Maggiano's is my favorite place to go, especially for a date night.Special Features:
- servicefoodforlifeDined on 8/18/2014My server was nice and polite with a smile. Although nice does not equate to being a good server. She brought our dessert with plates without utensils. We had to ask for it. The table was never properly cleared. We always had stacked plates that were accumulating waiting to be cleared. During dessert and even until we left, our bread baskets,plates with oil and parmesan remained on the table. We sat there with all of our dirty dessert plates and empty water glasses. I think since we had paid perhaps service was over and she is doing her checkout. I asked a male server who was working next to her for a to go container and said yes but never brought it.Special Features:
- Little Italy in ChicagoHatmanDined on 8/18/2014Maggiano's is a long time gem on Clarke Street in Chicago....The room exudes the ambiance of yesteryear, you can almost expect Frank or Dean to walk in along with Al Capone and others.....The portions are large, well prepared and served with top quality serving staff that really look after all the diners needs....Music sets the mood for a great Italian eatery......wafting sounds of Sinatra, Martin, Ella and more make the dining experience that much more special....The desserts are spendid, you just have to walk a lot to burn them off and of course in downtown Chicago that is not a problem. This is old world Italian food, ambiance and its great to see they not gone new age and made the effort to stay true to course of 30's Chicago.Special Features:
- LOVELY EXPERIENCEMSOHIOVALDined on 8/18/2014THIS RESTAURANT WAS RECOMMENDED BY A COLLEAGUE. IT LIVED UP TO HYPE. I HAD THE LOBSTER SPAGHETTI DISH. IT WAS FILLING. THEY ARE NOT STINGY ON THE AMOUNT OF FOOD YOU ARE GIVEN. GREAT ATMOSPHERE.Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014I'm a regular at different Maggiano's locations. Despite being a mini chain restaurant, Maggiano's consistently continues to serve better Italian food than most. There have been times at various Maggiano's where the food was very good but not great; our visit on Sunday stood out as one of the best, both in attentive service (our waiter was training a new staff member) and food quality. Everything came hot and fresh from the kitchen, and our requested extra marinara sauce for the calamari and butter in addition to the standard olive oil for the bread were immediately answered.Special Features:
- Maggiano's is one of my favorites.Cyncity79Dined on 8/17/2014I cook well and can recreate alot of the food you get in restaurants. But when I want the total dining experience this is the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoshDined on 8/16/2014Food was excellent, wonderful staff and atmosphere. Overall just a great experience downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service. Love itJmksoxDined on 8/16/2014Been before and will continue to come back year after year. Great food and amazing service!!! Best italian in Chicago! Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Although I was late for my reservation, Maggiano staff was able to sit us within 15 minutes so we were appreciative of their ability to accommodate our situation. In terms of food service, our waiter was friendly and attentive. Moreover, the food portions we received were more than adequate for people with extremely large appetites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KellyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Always our final dining destination when in Chicago. Staff is attentive and meals are always superb!Special Features:
- Delightful!BirdieDined on 8/16/2014Dinner with six adults and one 2 year old was excellent. A nice family feel with good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the foodluvfoodDined on 8/15/2014The food is excellent and the service is great. The location is right in the heart of Chicago.Special Features:
- How to recommend a restaurantPartyintheUSADined on 8/15/2014If I was going to recommend this restaurant to someone, I'd start by asking them how their day was, and I'd respond that my day was good too. Then I'd bring up the recent bachelorette party in Chicago I had and the great restaurant we went to, I think it was called Marianas? No, just kidding, it's Maggianos and we had an amazing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysJojoDined on 8/15/2014I have never been disappointed with the food at Maggiano's. The portions are big so if you are a part of a duo, you most certainly can share a main course. So delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably greatPleasantlystuffedDined on 8/14/2014Good wine, great lasagna, then brought home the bow tie special. Fabulous. Split the meal with my friend since the portions are always generous and she was staying at a hotel (no accommodations for leftovers) This is one of our favorite places to eat when out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOOD-POOR SERVICE!Reviewer4Dined on 8/13/2014Great food and value. You can choose a pasta entree and take one home for free. Our dining experience was ruined by Poor service. Long waits between dishes and inattentive staff. We had our dessert to go because we did not want to wait another 15-20 min for it and then another 10 or so just to pay our bill. The place wasn't even that crowded.Special Features:
- Good Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014We love Maggiano's! Last evening was the first time we took our kids and they enjoyed it as well.Special Features:
- Amazing Experience!MojoeDined on 8/11/2014Excellent food at a great value. The steak was perfectly cooked, my girlfriend had pasta, we shared a bottle of wine, and had desert for approx $100. You can't beat that price for what we got in the heart of Chicago. Amazing venue as well. Our server Raul went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed and appreciated. Definitely recommended and will be back again soon!
- Maggiano's is a personal favorite!!KeriDined on 8/10/2014Great food, wine, and ambiance for a great price!Also great service, I have never had a bad server. I think once I may have had an ok server, but they re usually wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night at Maggiano'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Great dining experience. All of the people were friendly and professional. Our waiter really helped us out by getting our food quickly as we were late for a concert at Northerly Island. Food was outstanding. Can't wait to go back when we have more time to enjoy. Special thanks to server Michael. He is the type of employee you need in a place like yours. We were seated and sat for 15 minutes without anyone so much as telling us they would be with us. We were ready to walk out and Michael came along (not even his table) and with a few kind words and some immediate action turned our experience around. Thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but....DisappointedDined on 8/8/2014There seems to be something different about Maggiano's. The food was good but not great. The service was a bit slow but they tried. And they removed my favorite item from the menu....crispy onion strings!! So all in all, it was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Request Went UnheardYeaYeaDined on 8/8/2014I requested a secluded & quiet area to conduct presentations, and was placed in a very crowded & noisy area to do this. Was never accommodated by staff neither.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itHerbVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great food n service. I highly recommend it n it's worth the value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasionCdesantiDined on 8/3/2014Servers are very well mannered and helpful. Being there for the first time was a great experience. Good place for groups or even a date or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014We popped in for dinner on a Saturday night around 730 after craving some Italian. The place was very busy with a lot of tourists but we got seated in about 15 minutes. The have a wonderful dinner special for $40. You an appetizer (or two side salads), two entrees and a desert and then two entrees to go for the next day. Usually when restaurants run these specials they are giving you smaller then usually portions. Not with Maggianos, the portions were almost too much and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great food Service was okayHockeymom13Dined on 8/2/2014As always enjoyed my favorite shrimp scampi. However the service was was lacking. The server took to long to even acknowledge us. We ordered our drinks and food at the same time. We received our food in a timely manner and was cooked to perfection. My son ordered the lasagna and was never asked what take home meal he wanted. I had to remind the waiter that he was eligible for the take home portion. Also we were never offered refills on our beverages. My son and myself ordered the spumoni Ice Cream for dessert it was more like soup and was a little gritty (Freezer burnt). This isn't the typical service and food quality we get when we dine here. May of been a off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Long time diner at Maggiano's on Clark. Food is good and plentiful. Service is great. Have tried many dishes and salads. The pasta 2 for 1 is just right for a single person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge quantity and qualityluada02Dined on 7/31/2014I was with my boyfriend to have dinner. The food is the high quality and each plat is enormus!! All people had to ask a box to take the left food home. The ornaments very italian. If a day I'll come to Chicago, I´ll visit another time the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceBofabsDined on 7/31/2014As always atmosphere and food were outstanding. Always come with at least four people so we can eat family style, it is the only way to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.