Maggiano's - Chicago
516 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 3126447700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Francie Copeland
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 312-644-5555 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Chicago
Welcome to Maggiano's Chicago, located in downtown Chicago on the corner of Clark & Grand. Maggiano's 260 seat dining room is a quick trip from the Water Tower Mall, Navy Pier & the Art Museum. Our restaurant is an ideal location for your lunch, dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting. The outdoor seasonal patio has an old-world feel of dining on the bustling streets of Florence. Maggiano's hosts a variety of special events including the SBC Ameritech Merger conference & the Maggiano's "Linebacker Luncheon," an event open to the public that featured the first ever meeting of gridiron greats Dick Butkus & Brian Urlacher. Look for exciting future events including the Chicago Sports Celebrity Dinner. Recent celebrity visitors include John Lithgow & Magic Johnson. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maggiano's - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
296 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (181)special occasion (136)fit for foodies (95)kid-friendly (90)great for lunch (83)neighborhood gem (80)romantic (75)notable wine list (45)hot spot (38)great for brunch (31)late-night find (23)vibrant bar scene (19)scenic view (16)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- First experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Went to Maggianos for Sweetest Day they have a nice drink and food menue. The food came out in a decent amount of time specificallg our appetizer peppers and Sasuage was amazing but the main course was not as good. My fiancé ordered a steak it was beyond over cooked and dry, the waitress didn't ask how he wanted his steak prepared. I would go back but I would try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful time at Maggiano's Chicago! It was a terrific way to celebrate my birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUZZBUZZDined on 10/12/2014GOOD FOOD. GOOD SERVICE WAIITER WAS REALLY GOOD WITH CHILDREN AT ADJACENT TABLES.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceLoNicksDined on 10/11/2014Maggiano's on Clark st. was great! Awesome food, the best service I have ever had at any restaurant and an amazing deal on the food! Will definitely be back! This place is wonderful for any special occasion or romantic outing! 100% recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysGoodstuffDined on 10/11/2014Simple but very good food and good service. Great spot downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing lunchTLV727Dined on 10/11/2014We visited Maggiano's for a late lunch to carb up before the next day's marathon. It was very disappointing. The appetizer arrived cold, three minutes before our main dishes. The main dishes were average and our service was extremely disappointing. The restaurant was not crowded at all, but we (2 adults & 2 children) were at our table for 90 minutes due to poor service. We will not be visiting again.
- ExcellentJL23Dined on 10/10/2014The food was excellent and at a very reasonable price. Service was great. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner!noniVIPDined on 10/8/2014We had not been to Maggiano's in a long time -but they never disappoint. The food is always consistently good, our server, John, even tho he admitted at the end of the evening was 3 days new to Maggiano's, was excellent. Attentive but not obnoxious, he served us well and was a gracious server. I hope he continSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok experience....Jjj12Dined on 10/4/2014Server was extremely slow and rude. Poor service and made my whole table feel uncomfortable! Probably won't be back.Special Features:
- So so AwesomeSailorziggyDined on 10/4/2014We were a group of six on Saturday night and the whole night was fantastic. The wine was delish! The food was some of the best. We loved eating family style and the lasagna was so good, we were all craving it the next day. Our server, Brittany, was so fun and was so good. She helped make our night even better. We even tried to talk her into moving to Iowa, but that didn't take. Great night all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I took my boyfriend there for his birthday. I called ahead of time and asked about how they celebrated birthdays, and the receptionist told me they didn't sing. That instead, they put a few cookies on a plate, with happy birthday on it, with a candle. I then asked if she could let them know ahead of time so it could be a surprise. When we got there our buzzer went off at exactly 7:00, the time of our reservation. I requested a booth in my reservation requests, and I was impressed that we were seated at one. At the end of our meal they forgot to bring out his birthday treat. I was disappointed, it was just 3 chocolate treats, happy birthday wasn't written, and it had a small candle. I won't be coming here again for another birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafoodseafoodVIPDined on 10/2/2014Everything was as good as always but my friend didn't care for the new low cal dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2014the waiter was brusque, never came back to check and see how our food was, if we needed anything, etc. portion of my salmon was so small, less than 6oz, disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddisappointedVIPDined on 9/30/2014Our waiter, while pleasant, messed up our orders. One drink was made wrong even though it was described ahead of time, and the two different wines were given to the wrong people. I told him three times that I cannot have garlic on my chicken. He said that he had it! I have an intolerance and it causes digestive issues. Two of us had ordered the same chicken dish... one with garlic and mine without. My dish was very tasty but when I got near the end, I found chopped up fresh garlic chunks. They did take it off the bill which I did not ask for, since I had eaten most of it. The scary part is... what if I had been allergic? Anaphylactic shock can kill you. Probably won't go back.
- Great family style italian place.EM7007Dined on 9/28/2014Great service and quality! Dining here since the '90's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Especially good servicebrandywineDined on 9/28/2014We had a great meal at Maggiano's -- only problem was the kitchen got our order slightly wrong and the server took the meal back to the kitchen where it disappeared for like 15 minutes. As soon as our waiter heard, however, he went back in there and marched the server out with the food and great apologies. The food was totally worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticNixxsDined on 9/27/2014I hadn't been here in years but it was worth a trip back! The food was excellent and the portions were more than enough. We were looking for italian food and lucked up on an available table within 10 mins of searching. The wait staff was upbeat and gave honest opinions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDjandallyDined on 9/27/2014Made reservations for 8pm on a Saturday night restaurant was pretty busy but we were seated within a few minutes of our arrival. Brittany was our waitress and she was very attentive and had a great personality. Tried the gnocchi with sausage in a vodka sauce it was delicious. We also had dessert - cheesecake another great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining ExperienceBlackburns5Dined on 9/27/2014From being able to be seated right away (we made a reservation), to the amazing service we received from our server as well as other staff, we couldn't have been happier. It was our first time at any Maggianos and all we have talked about this weekend is how amazing the food and experience was. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our anniversary funDunDuntDined on 9/26/2014We choose Maggianos for our anniversary dinner because we had gone there for our second date, though it was a different location, and we both note that date as when we started to fall for each other. So we went, ordered a bottle of wine, our waitress was great at helping us narrow down our choices and we went with a great Pinot Nior, paired perfectly with dinner. The restaurant was busy but we barely noticed. We never felt rushed to get out of our table. Our waitress even brought us a plate of lemon zest cookies with a candle and chocolate icing that read Happy Anniversary on the plate for dessert. It was very sweet of her. We were very happy with our experience. I wouldn't be surprised if we returned next September 26th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Lunch ExperienceOmarieDined on 9/26/2014My friend and I had the most wonderful lunch with delicious food and excellent service. Our server, John, was superb. He was attentive, knowledgeable about the menu, and enthusiastic. The chef let us try one of their lighter fare menu items, chicken parmigiana, and it was very flavorful served with a tasty handmade pasta. The portion sizes of the items we ordered were huge. We had plenty to take home and enjoy. Overall, a great place to dine.Special Features:
- Love Maggianos, don't love servicebrookemaryDined on 9/25/2014Food was great but service was terrible. Our poor waitress was absolutely overwhelmed as well as the other staff. our family loves Maggianos but will stay away from this location in the future.Special Features:
- Awesome experience as alwaysAngelInTrainingDined on 9/21/2014The food and service were world class as usual. That is why Maggiano's - Chicago is my go to place for dining. We will be back!Special Features:
- Fabulous!MichelleandShawnDined on 9/20/2014Maggiano's never disappoints! We live about 2.5 hours away or we would be frequent flyers at your restaurant! Wonderful food and service, and the best Cosmo I've had anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary, it was both of our first time going there and had such a great time. Great food, great atmosphere, and the wait staff was so helpful and knowledgeable. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waiter.MinibirthdaydinnerDined on 9/14/2014I believe our waiters name was john. Best waiter we could've gotten. Checked up often. Very friendly. Easy to talk to. He was very enthusiastic and we later found out it was his first day. He did a better job that what seemed an older employee might have done. Many other employees looked like they were just in bad moods. Not friendly or approachable whats so ever. They looked at some people as if they didn't belong there or couldn't afford it. Other maggiano locations I've been to didn't have this kind of staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yucky!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Our service was awful - it took at least 15 minutes for us to even see or know who our waiter was when we got there. The food was ordinary. My daughters meal came out of the kitchen at least 10 minutes after everyone else's did. There were only 5 of us at our table. Probably never going to go back again.
- Maggiano's is still the best!!!PhillipMichaelVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food and the service at Maggiano's is always outstanding. I always leave there thinking about when I'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/13/2014Took my sister here to celebrate her birthday. We took advantage of the meal for two which was a great value - included an appetizer, two entrees and two free entrees to take home, and dessert, all for $39.95. We had an attentive waiter. Food was good. We were not rushed. It was enjoyable!Special Features:
- Italian Food Maggiano's StylenightwithoutkidsDined on 9/13/2014I have never had a bad meal at Maggiano's! This was the first time the wife and I dined at the Downtown Chicago location and we were not disappointed. We started of with the Breaded Calamari and for entrées I enjoyed Mom's Lasagna while my wife indulged in Baked Eggplant Parmesan. For dessert, Tiramisu hit the spot!!! If you're visiting Downtown Chicago, you definitely have to experience Maggiano's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Environment is a problemBGDM7450Dined on 9/12/2014I'm really not overly critical of my dining environment but during the past two visits, we have been crammed into a dining room that is so incredibly tight that we were--on both occasions--seated in chairs with the backs of our chairs touching the backs of the chairs of other diners. I enjoyed a nice meal with the diner behind me moving constantly, knocking against my chair, and needing to get up. (I hesitate to imagine what would have happened in case of a fire).Thus, I had to get up as well. All of this at a table right next to the kitchen, the door opening and closing every 30 seconds. Our last visit was no better. While the food is fine, it does not make up for a very difficult seating situation!
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We booked this for our wedding anniversary since we do not get any "homestyle" italian food in our town. Food and service was great. they even gave us a little personalized dessert. The restaurant is big and somewhat loud but we knew that from the past,.Special Features:
- Another Great Night at MaggianosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014It's like going back home every time we visit Chicago and eat at Maggianos. Service is great, and everyone is friendly and professional.Special Features:
- fun2dineDined on 9/7/2014I have dined in several of your restaurant. I have found my experience to be wonderful, no matter the location. My family & I especially like to celebrate special occasions with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectRonald69Dined on 9/2/2014Had guests from out of town and wanted to show them the city, including a great place for dinner! Enjoyed the elegance as well as uniqueness of a Chicago eatery that had a wide-blend of menu options at a reasonable price. Easy to find and close to other sites, including downtown features and Wrigley Field!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family and FriendsFriendshipDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I celebrated our daughter's and cousin's birthday at the restaurant. We were treated as honored guest. The love and kindness that we received was heart felt and genuine. Their manager and staff were simply impeccable in there handling of our large dinner party. We especially want to thank Maggiano's manager for allowing the use of their grand piano. Last but not least, " THE FOOD WAS GREAT" ,Thank you Maggiano's Chicago for the best birthday ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a reservation and still waitedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a reservation and still waited to be seated. I can not remember the last time that happened anywhere. The last few times we have been there, service has been VERY slow. Maybe that is why they have a hard time honoring reservation times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatgabbasbatmanDined on 8/30/2014Great place, definitely recommend it! to all folks that are visiting/living in chicagoSpecial Features:
- A perfect dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Came to see my daughter at DePaul and took her and her friends (for a total of 7) out for a good meal. Everything was GREAT! Our waiter Victor was right que with course serving, keeping our wine glasses full while never disappearing or hovering over us. The evening was never rushed for us and the food was excellent! So many places to go out in Chicago, but I wouldn't hesitate to head back to Clark and Chicago for another wonderful meal. One final thought, DO NOT leave out Nona's toasted pound cake when you place your dessert order! Epicurians Delight!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family gathering!BrandiKDined on 8/24/2014The food is great, portions are huge and the nicest waiter ever, Michael, was super awesome!!! By far the best overall Maggiano's! Very inviting, laid back, but classy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.