Maggiano's - Chicago
516 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (312) 644-7700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Francie Copeland
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 312-644-5555 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Chicago
Welcome to Maggiano's Chicago, located in downtown Chicago on the corner of Clark & Grand. Maggiano's 260 seat dining room is a quick trip from the Water Tower Mall, Navy Pier & the Art Museum. Our restaurant is an ideal location for your lunch, dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting. The outdoor seasonal patio has an old-world feel of dining on the bustling streets of Florence. Maggiano's hosts a variety of special events including the SBC Ameritech Merger conference & the Maggiano's "Linebacker Luncheon," an event open to the public that featured the first ever meeting of gridiron greats Dick Butkus & Brian Urlacher. Look for exciting future events including the Chicago Sports Celebrity Dinner. Recent celebrity visitors include John Lithgow & Magic Johnson. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maggiano's - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
276 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (183)special occasion (138)fit for foodies (91)neighborhood gem (86)romantic (85)kid-friendly (75)great for lunch (74)notable wine list (52)hot spot (36)great for brunch (28)late-night find (21)vibrant bar scene (21)scenic view (18)great for outdoor dining (11)Show More
- Delicious food, seated right away (w/reservation)TwinBrittsVIPDined on 11/22/2014Our food was served hot, our server had several suggestions and was right on the money. Tightly packed when it comes to seating but we understand because it is so well liked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoyfulDined on 11/22/2014Great food. Not so great service. May or may not return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Everything!!PattDined on 11/22/2014From the reservation to the table, everything was great! Food is amazing!! A must try is their cheesecake for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfectEricandHeatherDined on 11/21/2014My wife an I only make it to magianno's once a year and every year it is a better experience than the year before. The food was unbelievable and our waiter, Victor was the best we have ever had, anywhere. He made us feel like old friends. His attention to detail and friendly nature made the experience perfect. Thank you.Special Features:
- Lasagna is awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/19/2014Great food and atmosphere for celebrating almost any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleased with MaggianosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Food, service, and great location in River North. Some of the reasons we always enjoy eating at Maggianos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightHappyDined on 11/16/2014Had a great night out with a special someone and enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NmarieVIPDined on 11/16/2014Great service....great food. The entire dining experience was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggianoi's is a favorite of mine to eat dinner.lizzie822Dined on 11/15/2014I love their house salad, and they now have the "buy one, take one pasta home" proption going on. They have their fall menu and on it is Butternut Squash Ravolli which is out of this world. Maggiano's deserts are also to die for. My friend and I shared one desert and over half of it was left over - it was that big. I have never had a bad meal at Maggiano's. The service this Saturday night was spoty and our waitress was not that friendly nor helpful. Instead of putting the leftovers in the box for us, she brought us the box, sorta threw it on the table and then only gave us one bag to use. We had to ask for another bag for the leftovers and the pastas we had orderd to take home. Maybe she was having a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of my favorite restaurants!!!PhillipMichaelVIPDined on 11/15/2014Other than the food taking longer than usual, it was another great dining experience at Maggiano's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That's Italian!AbbieRomeoDined on 11/11/2014Always a wonderful experience- the food is fresh, delicious and plentiful. The service is great most of the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 11/10/2014DanoverVIPDined on 11/10/2014Great experience as always. Had a friend in-town visiting and was in River North...Maggiano's is a natural.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggianos does it againDarthDickeyDined on 11/8/2014Trying to waste time downtown, my wife and I found a very good place to spend that time in comfort and elegance instead. From the moment we walked in, the atmosphere was amazing. Bartenders were personable and witty. A little hiccup with the seating as we had a reservation. Waiter was excellent, not too intrusive but never too far away. Dinner was peppercorn steak for me and a seasonal ravioli for the wife. Absolutely delightful! We cannot wait to visit again.Special Features:
- Hot spot to be the night before ...MarieLDined on 11/8/2014... a large and popular running event in downtown Chicago. Our reservation was for 6P. We arrived at 5:50 and then waited 35 minutes for our table. Without a reservation, the wait was ~45 minutes for the lounge and 3 hours for the dining room!! Though it was a crowded, noisy madhouse in the dining room, our waiter did a fairly good job with his tables. Only had to ask for water once, and failed to receive my "take home" meal. All-in-all, though, a positive experience. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lite EntriestheklevVIPDined on 11/8/2014Loved the Lite Entries. I took home the Fettuccine Alfredo and it was delicious, first time I had Fettuccine Alfredo in over 20 years!Special Features:
- Delicious!luv2eatDined on 11/8/2014Our meal at Maggianos was amazing! Every bite was so flavorful and cooked to perfection! If this was my last meal ever, I would die happy! : ) !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014We came here for dinner on a Friday night and thought the food was pretty good. My husband had been to other locations and felt the quality of the food was consistent with others. The service was on the slower side (it took almost 10 minutes for us to get water after being seated) but our server was nice and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's dining was excellentDA1guyDined on 11/6/2014Maggiano's dining was a great place to bring family or friends for an excellent dining experience which includes both the food and setting. Staff was very eager to help and the food was like home. Can't wait to come back with some friends!Special Features:
- Loved itJoelDined on 11/5/2014Great food and service. Love this restaurant. Best when piano is playing on weekends. I almost got behind the keys and started playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/5/2014A friend was visiting me from England and I was excited to take him to one of my favourite restaurants. The food was good, but the service could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still GreatatethereDined on 11/3/2014With good food, excellent service and ambiance, Maggiano's remains a wonderful place to celebrate an event (our birthday/anniversary) or just enjoy a bit of Italian goodness. The pleasing wine suggestions, delicious bread, nicely prepared & presented entrees, extra take-home entree, a few candles & champagne from the bartender made our Monday night dinner at Maggiano's perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as i rememberLisaVIPDined on 11/2/2014I've been to Maggiano's in Old Orchard many times and had good experiences. This time we went to the downtown Chicago location and were greeted rudely, had to wait 15 minutes to be seated and we were not given menus once seated for another 10 minutes. Our waiter suggested we order a certain way and then forgot to bring our salads until after our entrees were served. Our dessert was comped but this was only after we complained. I was surprised as I have always had a good experience at Maggiano's in the past.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Our server David was awesome. The food was great and the lemon drop was delicious!!!Special Features:
- Maggianos's ChicagoCindyDined on 11/2/2014Maggiano's service and food is really good. We were celebrating my friend's birthday and wanted to take her somewhere special. The only problem we had was that some of the party members arrived a little late and we were not seated. We were told that whole party had to be present in order to be seated. I would understand if the place was crowded and jam packed but it was EMPTY! The hostess was not very accommodating and was not willing to seat our partial group. The food was the only reason we stayed or we would have left to another place.Special Features:
- friendly and warmOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Our server, David, was a perfect match for us...friendly and warmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sexxyVIPDined on 10/28/2014Had a new special pork with apples and shaved brussell sprouts. The best meal I've ever had there. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Satisfactory experienceLindaDined on 10/25/2014Love coming to Maggiano's for a good Italian meal. This experience, however, was dampered by the waitress' inability to focus on her customers. She was very inattentive to our table and was slow to service us. No bread was served -- needed to ask; waited a good 10 minutes after we were done eating to clean our table; didn't come back to see how things were going, etc.Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We were delitfully surprised. Service was great. We will be coming back to visit on our next visit to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serverWaltsDined on 10/24/2014John Lester was readily available to our requests and hospitable in every way, especially his welcoming, warm smile throughout the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was amazing this timeMaratinVIPDined on 10/24/2014Efficient service! Been here multiple times but service this time was like none other. Consistent food delivery!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I really enjoyed my evening here. I came here with my girlfriend and our waiter was awesome. The mood of the restaurant was so mellow. We also didn't have to wait long for food. I'm planning on coming back here to celebrate birthdays and other special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning experience.maggfanDined on 10/20/2014Delicious appetisers. Main course choices will satisfy any taste. Good portions. Friendly atmosphere. Great value for money too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, everything outstanding!AngelInTrainingDined on 10/20/2014I have lived in Chicago for 37 years and this restaurant is still my all-time favorite! Love this place!!Special Features:
- Amazing EveningJD1983Dined on 10/20/2014My wife and I celebrated our one year anniversary and everything was incredible. We had wonderful service from our waitress Jasmine, and everything we ordered was incredible. We look forward to returning!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's delivers good food againEASchraftDined on 10/20/2014Maggiano's is a regular place for us. Good for parties, special occasions, casual dining, anything.Special Features:
- First experienceFoodieDined on 10/18/2014Went to Maggianos for Sweetest Day they have a nice drink and food menue. The food came out in a decent amount of time specificallg our appetizer peppers and Sasuage was amazing but the main course was not as good. My fiancé ordered a steak it was beyond over cooked and dry, the waitress didn't ask how he wanted his steak prepared. I would go back but I would try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!knelsonbDined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful time at Maggiano's Chicago! It was a terrific way to celebrate my birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- send off traditionletzeatout2dayDined on 10/13/2014We love going to Maggiano's whenever we are in Chicago to drop our kids off at Union Station or in Chicago for some other occasion. The staff is always so friendly and helpful with recommendations. Most of the time we select from the "On the House Classic Pasta" where you eat one entree dish there and choose another from the menu to go. It's Fabulous. The baked Ziti , eggplant parmesan, mom's lasagna, and ravioli dishes are very delicious. I'd recommend any one of them. Nice atmosphere too.Special Features:
- BUZZBUZZDined on 10/12/2014GOOD FOOD. GOOD SERVICE WAIITER WAS REALLY GOOD WITH CHILDREN AT ADJACENT TABLES.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceLoNicksDined on 10/11/2014Maggiano's on Clark st. was great! Awesome food, the best service I have ever had at any restaurant and an amazing deal on the food! Will definitely be back! This place is wonderful for any special occasion or romantic outing! 100% recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.