Maggiano's - Chevy Chase
5333 Wisconsin Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20015Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Chevy Chase
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 2029665500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: John Reavis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 202-966-2593 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
- Public Transit: We are located at the Friendship Heights metro stop on the Red Line. Once off the metro, take the Military Road exit.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We have a parking garage under our building that has discounted parking for up to two hours before 5:00pm & up to four hours after 5:00pm. We also offer valet for $7/car every day starting at 5:00pm.
A word from Maggiano's - Chevy Chase
Welcome to Maggiano's Chevy Chase, located on Wisconsin Avenue across the street from the Mazza Gallerie. We are convenient to the National Cathedral and minutes from all of Washington's National Monuments. Maggiano's 295-seat dining room is right next to Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Maggiano's - Chevy Chase - Best Restaurants in Friendship Heights ›
Maggiano's - Chevy Chase reviews from OpenTable diners
223 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (162)special occasion (117)kid-friendly (84)neighborhood gem (59)great for lunch (54)romantic (45)fit for foodies (43)great for brunch (25)hot spot (20)notable wine list (19)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (10)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Delightful and non-rushedWIfey25Dined on 8/20/2014Went there with a few friends for a lunch to celebrate a birthday. Our server was personable, pleasant and professional and we were not rushed through the meal. This was a good thing since the food was wonderful (I had the salmon oscar)! A very delightful experience... and a great location (right beside the Metro station) too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BiffDined on 8/17/2014Good food with generous portions. Loved the leftovers which were delicious the next day. Since we were staying a a nearby hotel, eating the leftovers saved us a lot of money as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SantiDined on 8/15/2014Excellent service, Chris our server did a A plus job. Food excellent.Special Features:
- SHELDined on 8/10/2014MADE A RESERVATION AND STATED THAT THE LADY IN OUR PARTY WAS CELEBRATING HER BIG BIRTHDAY. IT WAS IGNORED AS IT WAS LAST YEAR. VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH YOUR FOLLOW UP AGAIN.Special Features:
- Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I wanted to thank you establishment for making my evening great and my finance very special. I enjoyed myself and so did my party. Overall great experience and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nasamgglunchbunchNASADined on 8/5/2014A great place for a group of old work friends to get together and catch up on what is happening in our lives. The round table we had was especially helpful in making it no problem at all to keep everyone included in the talk. Also, the family menu options works fantastic letting everyone choose things they like and seeing what others choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsFoodiefunDined on 8/3/2014why would you allow reservations up until 15 minutes before you close and then rush the patrons to leave quickly. I made a reservation for 9:30pm which was a choice that was offered on open table and it wasn't the last time slot available. One of my party was turned away at the door because he arrived at 10:00pm. None of them had dined here before. the reservations at that time and later should not be offered. The service was less than friendly especially when we were told by our waiter that if we had come earlier maybe we could have had a better time dessert wasn't even offered. I am relocating and this was a pretty bad was to remember the dining offered in MD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere is great - food is goodHawaiicountryDined on 8/3/2014Went here before going to a show at Kennedy center. It was our 10 year old's first time at a "fancy restaurant". We enjoyed the service and atmosphere. The food was good and priced reasonably for the quantity. Nothing outstanding with our meal but we enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebration timegrammyDined on 8/1/2014I recently graduated from COS at Wesley. I brought my family to Maggiano's to celebrate this accomplishment. My daughter from San Francisco was very pleased with the wine list...she found an Argentinian wine she had in Buenos Ares. My son is a cook and he found the food to be exquisite. The three grandchildren enjoyed tasting things they had never tasted before. Our waiter even brought my grandson, 5 years old, his own meatball which was the size of a baseball. He ate the WHOLE thing! This dinner will always be a special memory to us: not only did it celebrate 5 years of hard studies and work, it also marked the first time ever that I had my three children, one adopted son and grandson, and my 2 grandchildren all in the same place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kensingtonmommaDined on 7/27/2014our annual birthday dinner spot for my 15 year old- by his request!Special Features:
- One of a kind placefoodexpertDined on 7/26/2014The food and service is excellent, the family style menu is priced perfectly and also if you have kids they have a kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic family style night!PokieDined on 7/25/2014We had such a great time here with 2 adults and 4 kids! Did the Classic family style and left with 9 boxes of fabulous leftovers. Definitely try the Piccata and Famous D Rigatoni. Best Tiramisu I've had! Our waiter, Mo, was outstanding. Attentive, great suggestions, patient, great timing! Wonderful night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dealyummyDined on 7/23/2014Maggiano's buy one, take one home pasta deal is pretty awesome. It would be totally awesome if the food was a little better. The eggplant parmesan is acceptable -- (it used to be less bready), the meatballs are better, the pasta with sausage is the best of the three. The chopped salad is really crisp and the dressing is yummy.
- Service could be betterJackieDined on 7/22/2014This was my second dining experience at Magggiano's with a large group. Both times the food was tasty, but the service was lacking. Simple things like bread plates and silverware had to be asked for. There were several servers working as a team and they seemed to have very poor communication with each other.Special Features:
- atitlanDined on 7/21/2014Reliably good Italian food and service. Fair prices. Interior is spacious and seating comfortable but the opposite of intimate. Well suited for families and large (and very large) parties.Special Features:
- Positive ExperienceGoffyDined on 7/21/2014This is a fine restaurant with consistently good food and service. This night was rather quiet which was perfect for my group. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- good food slow servicenicknameDined on 7/20/2014It was busy with a number of large groups. The waiter was prompt but the food was very slow coming out of the kitchen. The quality was surprisingly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RexclayDined on 7/19/2014The kids' menu is perfectly priced and has great options. I love that the kids were able to get a complete meal, the drink and a bowl of ice cream for only $5.95. You can't really beat that price. I do wish, however, the Maggiano salad had been fresher and more flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrumptiousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I have heard of Maggiano's for years and am glad to have finally tried dined there. The food is delicious, the wine list is expansive, and the decor/ambiance make you feel like you're in a special place. I also appreciate the effort to include gluten-free pasta and to make menu accommodations for people with food "issues." Our server was a little wet behind the ears and not very knowledgeable, but quite pleasant.Special Features:
- Service could be improvedjah25Dined on 7/19/2014I have visited this Maggiano's several times, and it seems like the service may be headed downhill. This is the second time within the past few months that our service was not good. We arrived around 4:30pm, so the restaurant was fairly empty. Still, our waiter was not attentive at all, he seemed completely uninterested in serving us, and he along with other staff members seemed less than enthused that we stuck around to chat a bit after we had paid for our food. I can understand the need to move customers along if the restaurant is crowded or people are waiting, but when it's empty, I really don't get it. The food was great as usual, but the poor service will probably lead me to look elsewhere.Special Features:
- Open TableACDCDined on 7/17/2014The only thing we wanted to mention was that while we originally signed up on Open Table for a party of 4, we shortly thereafter changed it to a party of 5. However, when the Open Table email reminder came, it still showed us as being a party of 4 -- so we had to call the restaurant to make sure the table would be big enough ... which sort of defeats the whole "online" Open Table concept. Fortunately, however, everything turned out fine in the end, and we had a great time and a wonderful dinner with good friends.Special Features:
- Service from kitchen stinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Six of us ordered the 2/$40 meals. One of our appetizers (the only uncooked one) came out after the others were gone. Our entrée was good but again when it came time for dessert the waiter encouraged us to get strawberry shortcake. It also came out after all dessert at the table was eaten. ..approximately 10 minutes after the others cane out. Last, and probably least important, our drink order was never taken. The water was ok, but we would have preferred something else with our dinner.
- The Maggiano's that isn't.KP2380Dined on 7/14/2014After visiting 6 different Maggiano's I am disappointed to say I have one I despise. This is the worst I have ever been to. Seating is awful. seats are rickety and often broken, or the booths that are filthy with dust and food. Most seats have small nicks/tears in the padding. Then the food. Most was over cooked to the point of burnt, except the "fresh" frozen French bread. All three slices of narrow pasty white bread were doughy inside!! Then the take home pasta had basil branch pieces in it! The dish doesn't contain basil... Spent $80 on a lunch that was awful. 3 visits (this was the cheapest) and each was worse than the one before. Waiting to hear back from the location after contacting corporate 2 days ago...
- Better Than I RememberedSheEatsDined on 7/13/2014I hadn't been to Maggiano in at least ten years. The food is much better than I remembered and the service was spectacular. It was surprisingly quiet in the middle of a weekend afternoon. A welcomed surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well PleasedFoodLoverDined on 7/12/2014Everything about this spot was excellent. Fast responsive service, and the food was quality Italian.Special Features:
- Good food and lots of itReviewerDined on 7/12/2014Our party of four was seated promptly, despite the fact that the restaurant was pretty busy at 7:00 pm on a Saturday evening. Two of us had the two evening specials and the other two ordered from the regular menu. We also shared a flatbread pizza, and calamari and zucchini appetizers. We had plenty for the four of us and brought enough home for another meal. To top it off, we received two additional meals "compliments of the chef". These are waiting in the fridge for a weeknight dinner this week. We couldn't resist supporting Make A Wish by ordering one of the special strawberry shortcakes for dessert and this proved to be a great way to end the meal. This was not our first visit to Maggiano's and it certainly won't be our last.Special Features:
- linzyhDined on 7/12/2014Excellent food and service, great overall experience! Also love the atmosphere sitting in a booth and listening to Frank Sinatra's music.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFULPapaDined on 7/12/2014Was granddaughters 17th birthday celebration - we always order family style and the "Classic" - EVERYTHING was wonderful - best sausage and peppers anywhere; ragitoni "D" is amazing. Our wait staff was attentive, but NOT "overpowering" - there when we needed anything. Surprised our granddaughter with candles on our dessert. You can't go "wrong" with Maggianos - we have always been pleased and "stuffed"...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another terrific dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014As always, we had a great dinner at Maggiano's. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Good foodRealEstateDebDined on 7/11/2014Good food, good service. The waiter was very nice and accomodating our food needs.Special Features:
- Family dinnerdavidmDined on 7/6/2014Ordered family style. Food delicious and plenty of it! We will be back to eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionslovinmaggianoschevychaseDined on 7/6/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary of 28 years at Maggiano's, Chevy Chase on 7/6/14, and had a wonderful, romantic experience!! The food and ambiance was exquisite and our waiter was very friendly, charming and knowledgeable; he even noted my casual mention of our anniversary, and kindly commemorated it with a plate of lemon-iced, crescent cookies with lit candles!! A very memorable dining experience!! We will recommend Maggiano's to friends and family- and definitely plan to visit again soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From Top to Bottom ExcellenceTonyCDined on 7/1/2014Having dinner here was a great idea. We received incredible service from beginning to end. The waiter was very accommodating and knowledgeable of the menu. The atmosphere was warm and had a beautiful ambience. I would readily go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014My kids are hamburger, chicken nuggets, and pizza children, so I was concerned about taking them to an Italian-American restaurant. They ordered the kids pizza (go figure) and they LOVED it. The pizza portions were perfect sizes for my big 10 year old and just enough for a take home for my little one. Thank you for a great introduction to Maggianos! The entire family can agree on a new favorite restaurant. Next time, we will introduce the kids to something different on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So down hill...traveller1543Dined on 6/28/2014Maggiano's continues it downward trend. Dishes unclean, meals filthy. The classic restaurant is gone and now an Olive Garden knock off poorly done.
- Consistently goodGoodeatsDined on 6/28/2014I don't get to go often but when I do its well worth it. They have the best mussels ever and the rest of the menu is pretty good. I particularly liked the mini deserts...nice way to end the evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEEEil0377Dined on 6/27/2014We had a great time celebrating a friends Birthday!! Food was incredible and delicious. Definitely will return!!Special Features:
- Generally excellent at good pricesMarkNearRFKDined on 6/26/2014My friend and I took advantage of their Marco's Meal for 2, in which you choose 2 classic pastas, salads or a joint appetizer, and a joint dessert (a generous creme brulee), plus take home 2 classic pastas for $40. We had one of their cheapest bottles of wine @ $38. Total for 2 complete dinners with wine & 2 take-home entrees, tax and 20% tip: $104. The only vegetarian options among the classic pastas are the eggplant parmigiana and mushroom ravioli in a cream sauce. I don't like creamy sauces. I eat eggplant parm. frequently, and theirs was not as good as many. The eggplant was cut thin, making the breading hide virtually all the taste of eggplant. They should thicken the slices or offer another vegetarian option.Special Features:
- Great!WV2DCDined on 6/25/2014We had a wonderful waiter. He really made the dinner enjoyable for us. Super fast service and a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old reliable is going downhillCherylDCDined on 6/21/2014I know that Maggiano's is not fine dining. I remember though when it first opened that we used to find it to be a reliably pleasant and well-kept place and occasionally enjoy an evening out there. The menu is the same as always: we enjoy that in a reliable Grandma's-comfort-food kind of way. We haven't enjoyed recent visits & I think this latest one will be our last. Decor is disappearing. Loud small children at 50% of the tables (30% of the rest of the tables - including ours - had quiet small children), the bathroom had overflowing trash, no tp in the stalls, and a roach wandering around, and our waiter treated us to a story about his personal problems and brought me a wine glass "just in case" when I told him I didn't want any alcohol.Special Features: