Maggiano's - Chevy Chase
5333 Wisconsin Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20015Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Chevy Chase
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 2029665500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: John Reavis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 202-966-2593 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
- Public Transit: We are located at the Friendship Heights metro stop on the Red Line. Once off the metro, take the Military Road exit.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We have a parking garage under our building that has discounted parking for up to two hours before 5:00pm & up to four hours after 5:00pm. We also offer valet for $7/car every day starting at 5:00pm.
A word from Maggiano's - Chevy Chase
Welcome to Maggiano's Chevy Chase, located on Wisconsin Avenue across the street from the Mazza Gallerie. We are convenient to the National Cathedral and minutes from all of Washington's National Monuments. Maggiano's 295-seat dining room is right next to Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Maggiano's - Chevy Chase - Best Restaurants in Friendship Heights ›
Maggiano's - Chevy Chase reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (96)special occasion (71)kid-friendly (51)neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (41)great for lunch (33)romantic (31)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (10)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great place plus Joe BidenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Yes, at the next table was the VP and a small group of family and friends. At least until SS decided too many people were interrupting their dinner so they moved them to private room. I really like the classic pasta take home - a free meal to take home from the classic pasta menu with an entre order. Food is well -prepared and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Menu ItemsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/14/2014We went with a group of six and shared several dishes, including two from the lighter menu. All were delicious. Service was very attentive, without being intrusive. The waiter even pointed out that we could order drinks from the "happy hour" menu, prior to 7 pm. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Chicken ParmigianaActEsqDined on 10/12/2014The calamari and zucchini appetizers were excellent and both the quantity and quality of the chicken parmigiana was superb! The restaurant should however work on the parking situation. I had to pay $14 for parking because I was in the restaurant for a working dinner and ran 30 minutes past the validation period. I have vowed never to return for that very reason!Special Features:
- Very DisappointedlizzieDined on 10/11/20146 of us visited Maggiano's on Sat. eve at 7:30 pm. The college students we were with like it , but the excessive noise, extremely crowded seating, rushed/hectic service ( the server, while nice was running, sweating and harried the whole time) and very mediocre food for the price were bad. My balsamic-glazed salmon was very thin and dry. I told the waiter, I could not eat garlic and he said, "no problem, we make everything to order", then the side dish of orzo and spinach came with lots of guess what...GARLIC! This place is good for large families or groups who like noise, average americanized italian food and worn surroundings. I will not go back.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere, good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Tasty Italian food at reasonable prices. Service was good overall, although wait staff was very busy.Special Features:
- Great portions and ServiceFoodloverDined on 10/11/2014Even though we were just a party of three, we were treated equally to the large parties throughout the restaurant. BTW: the portions are large again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always great.LuvgreatfoodDined on 10/9/2014The crab and shrimp canelloni was exceptional. For dessert we had a chocolate cake that was to die for and went perfectly with the bottle of Slate 2 Black Ankle wine we took with us. Great birthday meal for my honey. Only issue was we were seated immediately, but then were ignored by waitstaff while others were seated and attended to right away. No one even came to pour water, although they would look at us and keep walking! Never happened before, as we always had good service. Was not the celebratory birthday dinner I had in mind. A waiter from the other side of the restaurant saw what was happening and came over. Hexgave us very good service, and at least the food was great. But watching wait and bus staff just ignore us was not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a WinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014The food is always fresh and tastes yummy. The service is always attentive. The seating is comfortable. And who doesn't like taking home 2 extra meals for free? From Monday-after-a-late-workday night to family-in-town night to big birthday celebrations, you can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- Always greatKarinskDined on 10/5/2014Maggiano's is our go to for family gatherings. Always consistently good food, great service and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what an Italian meal should beZaidesDined on 10/3/2014Great hearty meal that just keeps coming! Great family size servings that can rival any appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!LuvitalianDined on 9/28/2014The server was very knowledgeable and we never had to wait for anything. The food was excellent! Plenty of shrimp on the shrimp scampi; really delicious tilapia; even the new lighter fare was a hit. Will definitely be going back to try other dishes.Special Features:
- Family FavoriteSparkleinmdDined on 9/27/2014I have to say whenever my girls want to celebrate some achievement or birthday, this seems to be the destination of choice. This night was no exception, double whammy, one birthday and the older daughter was home from college for the weekend! With that in mind my girls had their standard favorites, shrimp scampi and chicken Parmesan. I, on the other hand, gave the new "lighter menu" a whirl. I had the Chicken Alfredo with asparagus, and as expected, it was tasty. Yes, the portion size was smaller to bring the calorie count down, and yes again it was quite enough for one meal! We usually box 1/2 of our dinner for take home anyway. The lemon cookies changed shape, but they still taste wonderful, and the tiramisu was delicious! :-)Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience.MikeNYCDined on 9/27/2014The food was delicious! The website allowed me to plan in advance. The waitress was cheerful and helpful.Special Features:
- love Italian you will love thissatisfiedDined on 9/24/2014I first came to this restaurant for a work meeting since then we've had many family birthdays,sons wedding rehearsal dinner, and many other friends and family celebrations. Not once did we have to complain about the delicious,hot,savoring food! They have the best eggplant parmesan in the world. I do suggest a few table's for just two in the corners or sides for more romantic times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dining is the way to goHungrymanDined on 9/20/2014If you have a group of five or more, order from the family menu. Come hungry, because you won't leave that way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 17th Anniversary DinnerJazzmanQDined on 9/13/2014Nice restaurant, have been there several times, usually as a part of a larger group (Family Style Dining). This time it was just the two of us, quietly celebrating our 17th Anniversary, I was anxiously anticipating the Beef Tenderloin Medallions, but the had run out...BUMMER. The Waiter immediately offered up the Filet Mignon, which was perfectly cooked. My Wife also took the waiter suggestion on her meal when she could not decide on one of two different dishes. The meal was great, and when we got ready for desert, we both love Bread Pudding, and theirs is awesome... and sold out!!! Curses...foiled again. Only complaint would be, no offer to refill our drinks... but if that is all I could complain about it was a good dinner...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungry for Old-Style Itailan Food?RCfromDCVIPDined on 9/7/2014There are a number of chain restaurants that serve Italian-American dishes, but Maggiano's Chevy Chase has them beat. It has that 1940's - 1950's ambience with the white table cloths and a maitre d' right out of central casting. Our server was very attentive and helpful. The food gets an "outstanding" rating based on taste (my taste, that is) and also the take-home dish given in addition to what we ate in (available for some pasta dishes). When you have a jones for grandma's Italian cookin', head to Maggiano's.Special Features:
- Family Style Missing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Selected the Family Style Chef's Choice option. All four entree selections of Shrimp Scampi, Chicken Parmesan, Rustic Chicken & Shrimp and Lobster Bake Tilapia were delicious. Our waitress was very attentive and gave us excellent service. Because we did not eat all of our food, we opted to have the remaining food portions boxed to take home. Another waiter then came to assist our waitress and took the remaining Chicken Parmesan and Shrimp Scampi. Our waitress told him to box those items. Before leaving, we inquired that we did not have all of our to-go items. We were assured that everything was boxed and bagged. We were contacted by our waitress stating that our food was inadvertently thrown away. Waiting to hear from Maggianos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my best experienceLuv2shopDined on 9/5/2014I usually enjoy this place but the service and the food on this trip wasn't that great. The Rustic Chicken and Shrimp was dry and the waiter took forever to wait on us once we were seated. It was an ok experience and I have had better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jemsmrVIPDined on 9/5/2014Always a good meal. Varied menu. Nice to have the free extra entree to take home. Comfortable, expansive setting. Can't go wrong with Sinatra music. Had the eggplant parmesan for the first time. Terrific. Good-size portions. A great place to relax with friends and be well-fed.Special Features:
- Still great after all these years.BuckerVIPDined on 9/3/2014Maggiano's dishes up excellent versions of classic Italian favorites. Service is always great. And exceptional value with their eat one, take one home option. Nice to have a place with such consistency in food and service.Special Features:
- ProposalHesaidyesDined on 8/30/2014We went for a graduation dinner with 14 other people. Little did my boy friend know, but I was proposing to him that night. The food and friendly atmosphere got us all in the mood and made me less nervous. He said yes while eating the toasted pound cake. I would definitely reccomend Maggianos to large groups. Service was fast and our server seemed seasoned and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it4sipaDined on 8/27/2014We hold our quarterly association gathering at Maggianos in Chevy Chase. There are typically about 12-20 of us and it's always great. We pre-order a family style menu, which leaves all our time for networking instead of figuring out what to order. The price is fair, and the service is always great. It can be noisy, but we are often able to get a side "room" which ends up being private to us because we always come on a week night.Special Features:
- SeeverRussellDined on 8/27/2014Quinton provides grate service. He was very knowledgeable and always made sure that we were okay and also made us laugh a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful and non-rushedWIfey25Dined on 8/20/2014Went there with a few friends for a lunch to celebrate a birthday. Our server was personable, pleasant and professional and we were not rushed through the meal. This was a good thing since the food was wonderful (I had the salmon oscar)! A very delightful experience... and a great location (right beside the Metro station) too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BiffDined on 8/17/2014Good food with generous portions. Loved the leftovers which were delicious the next day. Since we were staying a a nearby hotel, eating the leftovers saved us a lot of money as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SantiDined on 8/15/2014Excellent service, Chris our server did a A plus job. Food excellent.Special Features:
- SHELDined on 8/10/2014MADE A RESERVATION AND STATED THAT THE LADY IN OUR PARTY WAS CELEBRATING HER BIG BIRTHDAY. IT WAS IGNORED AS IT WAS LAST YEAR. VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH YOUR FOLLOW UP AGAIN.Special Features:
- Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014I wanted to thank you establishment for making my evening great and my finance very special. I enjoyed myself and so did my party. Overall great experience and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nasamgglunchbunchNASADined on 8/5/2014A great place for a group of old work friends to get together and catch up on what is happening in our lives. The round table we had was especially helpful in making it no problem at all to keep everyone included in the talk. Also, the family menu options works fantastic letting everyone choose things they like and seeing what others choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsFoodiefunDined on 8/3/2014why would you allow reservations up until 15 minutes before you close and then rush the patrons to leave quickly. I made a reservation for 9:30pm which was a choice that was offered on open table and it wasn't the last time slot available. One of my party was turned away at the door because he arrived at 10:00pm. None of them had dined here before. the reservations at that time and later should not be offered. The service was less than friendly especially when we were told by our waiter that if we had come earlier maybe we could have had a better time dessert wasn't even offered. I am relocating and this was a pretty bad was to remember the dining offered in MD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere is great - food is goodHawaiicountryDined on 8/3/2014Went here before going to a show at Kennedy center. It was our 10 year old's first time at a "fancy restaurant". We enjoyed the service and atmosphere. The food was good and priced reasonably for the quantity. Nothing outstanding with our meal but we enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebration timegrammyDined on 8/1/2014I recently graduated from COS at Wesley. I brought my family to Maggiano's to celebrate this accomplishment. My daughter from San Francisco was very pleased with the wine list...she found an Argentinian wine she had in Buenos Ares. My son is a cook and he found the food to be exquisite. The three grandchildren enjoyed tasting things they had never tasted before. Our waiter even brought my grandson, 5 years old, his own meatball which was the size of a baseball. He ate the WHOLE thing! This dinner will always be a special memory to us: not only did it celebrate 5 years of hard studies and work, it also marked the first time ever that I had my three children, one adopted son and grandson, and my 2 grandchildren all in the same place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kensingtonmommaDined on 7/27/2014our annual birthday dinner spot for my 15 year old- by his request!Special Features:
- One of a kind placefoodexpertDined on 7/26/2014The food and service is excellent, the family style menu is priced perfectly and also if you have kids they have a kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic family style night!PokieDined on 7/25/2014We had such a great time here with 2 adults and 4 kids! Did the Classic family style and left with 9 boxes of fabulous leftovers. Definitely try the Piccata and Famous D Rigatoni. Best Tiramisu I've had! Our waiter, Mo, was outstanding. Attentive, great suggestions, patient, great timing! Wonderful night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dealyummyVIPDined on 7/23/2014Maggiano's buy one, take one home pasta deal is pretty awesome. It would be totally awesome if the food was a little better. The eggplant parmesan is acceptable -- (it used to be less bready), the meatballs are better, the pasta with sausage is the best of the three. The chopped salad is really crisp and the dressing is yummy.
- Service could be betterJackieDined on 7/22/2014This was my second dining experience at Magggiano's with a large group. Both times the food was tasty, but the service was lacking. Simple things like bread plates and silverware had to be asked for. There were several servers working as a team and they seemed to have very poor communication with each other.Special Features:
- atitlanDined on 7/21/2014Reliably good Italian food and service. Fair prices. Interior is spacious and seating comfortable but the opposite of intimate. Well suited for families and large (and very large) parties.Special Features:
- Positive ExperienceGoffyDined on 7/21/2014This is a fine restaurant with consistently good food and service. This night was rather quiet which was perfect for my group. I highly recommend it.Special Features: