Maggiano's - Charlotte
4400 Sharon Road
Charlotte, NC 28211Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (704) 916-2300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Delfino Netto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 704-916-2320 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
- Entertainment: Live Music in the lounge every Wednesday-Friday
A word from Maggiano's - Charlotte
Welcome to Maggiano’s Little Italy in Charlotte, located at 4400 Sharon Road in SouthPark Mall. Our 350-seat dining room is ideal for group meals, festive gatherings & romantic lunches or dinners for two. Maggiano’s specializes in serving lavish portions of authentic Southern Italian cuisine served in a vibrant dining room. Our menu is large & varied, offering a great selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish & memorable desserts. Dine family style or a la carte – either way, you’ll love it. Come visit us & allow Maggiano's the opportunity to serve you some of the best Italian American food you have ever tasted.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Maggiano's - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
269 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (173)good for groups (153)fit for foodies (94)romantic (91)great for lunch (89)great for outdoor dining (77)kid-friendly (72)neighborhood gem (65)hot spot (48)notable wine list (45)late-night find (29)great for brunch (27)vibrant bar scene (22)scenic view (9)Show More
- Merrissa was excellent!PerspectivesDined on 11/20/2014Date Night! We were able to be seated in one of the curved booths! Our wait staff was attentive and engaging! (Merissa) Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Greeted with a Happy Birthday to our Birthday guest Started the lunch on a happy note. Excellent service throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's was NOT up to par.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Salads were outstanding! Service and other food was clearly not up to standard. Take home was labeled correctly but was not even close to what was in the containers. We were charged for an item not received. I chose to call the manager after arriving home and he was definitely interested in my experience and I strongly sense that he will work towards improvement. After speaking with him, we will give Maggiano's another chance!
- KeannaDined on 11/16/2014I made a reservation at 630 and didn't eat until 8 and didn't leave until the restaurant was closing. The server kept asking if we wet ready to order and would walk off instead of asking if we needed help even though we had questions. We had other issues with the food but the manager came over and assisted with that matter. I will not go back. I could have went anywhere for my birthday, and I chose this place just to have a bad experience. I had a better time at ruby Tuesday the night before.
- Not up to par!TEGADined on 11/16/2014First time I've had a bad meal at Maggianos. Took over 20 mins to get wine from the bar. Place wasn't that busy so must've been a bar staffing issue. Hazelnut pasta (a fave) was awful, swimming in a soup of sauce, literally swimming. Mentioned to server but no substitution was offered; Maybe it was a fluke but for $18, it should be perfect. Otherwise, server was very attentive to the table. Bread is, as always, fantastic so save up for those carbs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We have been here many times and always had good food. I think it is cool that you can order a pasta dish and get another pasta dish to take home for another meal. That is 2 meals for the price of one! Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RadarDined on 11/14/2014A little on the loud side and the ambiance leaves something to be desired. However the food and service is very good and they have great deals if you are looking to watch your pennies. The crab cake appetizer tasted wonderful although on the small size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Evening DinnerDoverFamilyDined on 11/14/2014We made our reservation in advanced, I recommend doing this especially for parties of 4 or more. The tables are all seated close to each other but the acoustics were well managed and we were able to maintain a conversation throughout dinner without shouting. There were several meal options available including a Dinner for Two and All You Can Eat. We chose the Dinner for Two which included an additional entree to take home. We found the pricing to be very reasonable for the amount of food provided and had lots of leftovers to take home. I prefer additional sauce with my pasta and next time will ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalianoDined on 11/10/2014The food at Maggianos is always very good. We were a party of 5 there to celebrate a birthday. Unfortunately our table was right next to the elevator going upstairs and we were bombarded with multiple waiters/waitresses carrying trays of food up and down. It made it difficult for our waiter to care for us which in turn led him to be a little over zealous. It was definitely not a bad experience but they should not seat anyone in that corner.Special Features:
- Maggiano's dinner reviewVerdoneDined on 11/9/2014This used to be a favorite place for us, it was for my birthday and we bought 3 new guests and it was their first time. We were so disappointed. Food was okay, My order was 23-24 dollars and I bought a salad and didn't qualify for a take dinner , which is only half of what you used to get, the other half of what should have been on your plate was the take home dinner. My wife asked for the 3 course dinner and was denied, we asked for the dinner for 2 that we got the last 2-3 times and upgraded it for another 10.00 and were denied. They lost more than 150.00 for 2 of us and lost 3 new customers.
- The meal was goodRichDined on 11/9/2014We took my mother there for her birthday for lunch. I wasn't sure if they were understaffed or not, but it took a long time in between courses. We had appetizers and it was almost 35 minutes from the time we finished our appetizers before we had our entrees. Then another long wait before our desserts. The food was very good, but we have two small children and the amount of time sitting in between courses led to a less-than-great experience. If it had just been the adults, I could probably have given a better review. I probably won't be back unless we have a sitter.Special Features:
- Very good overallFoodieforlife26Dined on 11/8/2014The only thing we had a problem with was the noise level and the ambiance. It was extremely loud and the lighting seemed to be brighter than normal which really took away from the that charming, romantic vibe that is normally there. Food is always fantastic and so is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOW SERVICE from the kitchenponyeshushaDined on 11/8/2014Our server was excellent but unfortunately he was impaired by the kitchen. The food was good but took forever to come out. We were there over 2 1/2 hours for a meal because we waited minimal 25 minutes between courses. We noted everyone was experiencing the same issue with the kitchen. Our waiter apologized but eventually some at the table had to leave before desert was served. This is the second time we dined at this establishment in the last year - both times the service was poor but the food was good. Will not go back - don't have that kind of time to waste. many other good restaurants in the area with good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RestaurantSenwhoDined on 11/8/2014Our second trip to this restaurant in a couple of years. The last was for lunch. The ambience is totally different at night yet very pleasant. The Saturday night we visited the place was packed with people waiting out the door but we had reservations and were seated within 10 minutes. Nice young server. I got ravioli, she got lobster pasta dish. Both very good. Bonus, I got a complimentary take home portion of the ravioli. Spumoni for desert. Good. Pleasant experience all around.Special Features:
- Friday night with the familyfamoffiveVIPDined on 11/7/2014A convenient go-to restaurant for our family. They accommodate our special requests. Our server, Jennifer, was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ServiceVal3Dined on 11/3/2014Outstanding service. Very accommodating with some dietary challenges. Thank you!Special Features:
- Much BetterloveitalianVIPDined on 11/2/2014After several disappointing visits in a row last year, this was the first time I've been to Maggiano's in over a year, and I was pleasantly surprised. Our server was fantastic, the food came out in a timely manner and tasted great (the butternut squash ravioli seasonal special was especially delicious, and the eggplant parm was also tasty), and we even got to take classic pastas home with us. There were several other dishes and desserts on the menu that looked so good, I'm enticed to return soon for round two!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperiencePleasedPatronDined on 11/1/2014This place was awesome! The staff was nice, the food was wonderful and plentiful and I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Terrible experience. Our salads were served in hot bowls. My order was wrong. My husband's pasta was overpowered with garlic. He said it was the worst dish he has had at Maggiano's. The kids meals were cold and the pasta was hard. We had to ask several times for additional water and to have the kids' drinks refilled. The kids were not offered the dessert that comes with the kids meals. We have been dining with Maggiano's in Charlotte since it opened, and we have noticed a gradual decline over the last few years. This may be our last attempt to support it.
- Great Food, too much corporateRabbit1945Dined on 10/29/2014The food was outstanding. Our waiter was excellent. He was forced to give a 4 minute spiel about specials and wine. Our food was served by a runner with no idea who got what. In a good restaurant there is a system of marking the order pad so a server doesn't stand in the aisle and ask who gets what. We made a reservation mentioning our anniversary, nothing was said or done. Even last year the waiter said happy anniversary and gave us a dessert. I don't need free food but an acknowledgement would have set the mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greattwobirdsstonedatonceDined on 10/26/2014Maggiano's is an excellent restaurant in many ways, but the food is the letdown. The service is usually excellent, but it seemed as if our service was a little on the slower side. It's okay and I understand the hassle and bustle of serving, but it took a great deal of time to get our check and payment verification. While the ambiance is great and the restaurant has a cozy feel with a great wine list, the food is not as impressive as I was expecting. I always judge an Italian restaurant on their Spaghetti Marinara...and I was not impressed. I also had some of the baked ziti, which was very good...and a few bites of a zucchini appetizer with a lemon aioli that was very good, but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationBaseDined on 10/26/2014I bring my grand kids here to dinner here each year at their request and they love it as well as the adults that accompany them. A perfect place for a birthday celebration or any type celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceYumnmytumDined on 10/25/2014We went for my birthday and it was great! As soon as we walked we were greated.The host was very friendly as were the hostess and our server. Since we had never been before we got a complimentary appetizer(fried zucchini) that was delicious!The food was good and the Sangria(red) was awesome! They brought out huge piece of chocolate cake that is the ultimate chocolate lovers dream. It was very busy and lots of activity but you don't notice.Special Features:
- Times have changedCelebrationDined on 10/25/2014It has been two years that our family returned to this location. Resturant know for it quality and service has changed. Maybe the server that we had at the location of the resturant was just not providing the service. Unforturnately, other table were having the same problems. The salad I ordered never camed and I had to address this to our waiter. The manager knew that they were having difficult in the back with food coming out in time and it was brought to everyones attention; to speed up the process, the food came out dry and slightly burt. Pasta under cooked. It has become a typical Brinker International, Inc franchise. Not worth the high prices, when we can go to one of their other resturant at a lower price.
- lite menuJoeGDined on 10/25/2014I tried the new lite menu and did not like my food at all. The sauce was runny and the dish had no taste ( chicken alfredo). I did not complain but I expected more because normally the food is very good. The service was ok but the serve had no personality. We will not be in a hurry to go back any time soon.Special Features:
- Great Service, Good FoodCLTFoodieChickDined on 10/24/2014This restaurant is always busy on Friday evenings. I usually choose to grab a table at the bar on whatever day I choose to visit, but figured I'd dine in the main dining room this time, in which I was seated quickly despite them being unable to locate my reservation. My food was delicious, the server was great as well as management. My experience was great overall despite how busy they were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We love the atmosphere & food; great gluten-free options as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationLiving4HimDined on 10/23/2014What a terrific place to celebrate a special occasion. The food was amazing the service was wonderful and the atmosphere was terrific. Our birthday celebration was really great because of the wonderful food and service at this restaurant I highly recommend it and I'm very glad we chose to eat at Maggianos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner choiceFinedinerDined on 10/18/2014Enjoyed meal very much, waitress was good and provided special complimentary dessert for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TEAMMC MANGE BENEFITOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Never fails to celebrate special occasions here. - another anniversary with the Mrs. (And we do birthdays here too!) or if family comes to visit us. Derek was the main man today and superb service all around!!Special Features:
- Great dinnerbenner23Dined on 10/18/2014Server(b.boggs) was awesome. food was great. definitely would go back soon to enjoy to ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano'sFlip1960Dined on 10/16/2014An outstanding restaurant in every aspect. The food was excellent. We had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJackDined on 10/16/2014This is the best italian restaurant in Charlotte. Full stop. Wonderful ambiance and service, great deal dinner for two meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food food priceMarcieBPDined on 10/12/2014Chose this spot for bday dinner due to previous experience. Great ambience, excellent service, the crab cakes and lasagne are excellent choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Food is OK at best. Sysco foods at its finest i guess. They herd you in like cattle and serve you food that just not good. you can tell nothing is fresh. If you want real Italian go to Tascano in South Park. This is just another Olive Garder.Special Features:
- yumSpaceCatDined on 10/10/2014my wife and I went there for our anniversary. The service was excellent the server was nice to us and helpful. I did enjoy the experience and his suggestions. My wife picked out Maggianos specifically for the veal parmesan. It was some of the best I had ever eaten.I would say it was just a tad bit too salty but great none the less. I must confess to falling in love with the warm bread that was served almost immediately after we sat down. My wife and I both enjoyed our dining experience in the food we ateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer lunchBobCDined on 10/10/2014Great lunch with customers. Service and food were theusual outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014Fantastic, friendly and great food. The server was amazing and helped us navigate the menu. I took two friends there and everyone enjoyed it so much. Beautiful atmosphere!Special Features:
- Great mealbgw52VIPDined on 10/9/2014We enjoyed our wine, service and meal. All was delicious. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaggianosDined on 10/8/2014I would highly recommend Maggiano's to anyone! It is definitely one to experience for the great food, awesome atmosphere and location. It is number one in my book for "go to" places in Charlotte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.