Maggiano's - Boston
4 Columbus Avenue
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 6175423456
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Fazio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 617-426-0540 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Boston
Welcome to Maggiano's Little Italy in Boston, located on Columbus Avenue near the Theater District, Boston Common & Park Plaza. Our restaurant is a quick trip from the Freedom Trail & the Boston Tea Party. Parking validation is available Monday-Friday after 5:00pm & on weekends ($8 for up to three hours). Maggiano's 350-seat dining room is an ideal location for your dinner, baby shower or important client meeting. The seasonal patio seating has an old-world feel of dining on the bustling streets of Florence. Recent visitors include Manny Ramirez, Jon Bon Jovi & Kathleen Turner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Maggiano's - Boston - Best Restaurants in Theater District ›
Maggiano's - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
329 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (247)special occasion (176)kid-friendly (114)romantic (93)neighborhood gem (87)fit for foodies (86)great for lunch (59)notable wine list (51)hot spot (38)late-night find (23)great for brunch (15)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Awesome AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My fiancé and I just dined at Maggianos Boston for our one year engaged! I absolutely love it here!! The food is always impressive and never disappointing! Last year, we invited my family to the city to enjoy Maggianos with us and I think Family Style dining was so good, that I've been talking about going back for the entire year! I wish I could remember our waitress' name. She was awesome! Thanks for an amazing experience! We will be back sooner this time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Food was great. Service was attentive. Restaurant very crowded which translated into a very noisy experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014While the attention was very good the food was not. It was overpriced, the chicken saltinboca was overcooked and it tasted like burnt oil.
- Excellent restaurantmarcano1234Dined on 10/15/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. The food is always amazing, great service, and just an all around great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesStephDined on 10/12/2014I love Maggianos because I have always had a great server and great experience there. The food is always excellent! The noise level is kind of high and it is always packed! Definitely make a reservation beforehand (at least for weekends)Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceMia09noel11Dined on 10/12/2014As soon as we walked through the door everyone from the host, hostess, bartender (who encouraged members of our party to have a cocktail while we waited to be seated) to our waiter the experience was wonderful. We were celebrating three birthdays after seeing a show and it was a great ending to a lovely day, not to mention the fantastic food for a moderate price. We will certainly be back and as an FYI this was not our first visit. We live in Plymouth, MA., and although the ladies of the party were already in Boston for the show the men drove up for dinner we could have easily driven back home and had dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!MillieDined on 10/11/2014My second time there but my family first time myand we loved it!!!!!! My mom cleaned her plate!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Post-Theatre DiningDiningDebDined on 10/11/2014We saw the Lion King with our children and had a reservation immediately after at Maggiano's. We were immediately seated and had the nicest waiter who was super sweet to our boys and brought their food out first. The food, the service and the atmosphere was perfect for eating with out kids. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Favorite Italian Dining VenueItalianfoodieDined on 10/10/2014I would and will recommend this venue to anyone and everyone for a night out for dinner in Boston. We had amazing Service, (I tipped 25%, to Brian our Server, he was laid back and knowledgeable). The portions were big enough for all four of us to comfortably split appetizers and test everyone's food (every single dish we ordered was made to perfection). 4 of us dined 2 app's, 4 full sized entree's, 2 bottles of wine and a glass of Whiskey, $249.00...I can not complain about that.Special Features:
- Maggiano'sfamilylovesmaggianosDined on 10/10/2014Each time we come to Maggiano's we are impressed. I love the offering of Lighter Fare which still gives you plenty to eat. Due to an accident on our way in, we knew we were going to be late. We called to explain, they said no problem, and when we arrived we were welcomed and luckily seated immediately as we had tickets to a show. The food, waitress and even valet parking was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014What a terrific dinner ~ our party of 6 had dinner prior to The Lion King. What a terrific dinner, great food, great wine, great service, thanks Maggiano's!! We'll definitely be back next time we're n Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding.LeeajadeDined on 10/8/2014Rarely do I dine out in this economy, but when I do it better be worth it and this restaurant was well worth it. The food was excellent as were the drinks. They have a great variety of both and the prices were very reasonable. I love the special touch by the maître Dee who said my name a few times while seating us and gave us a business card in the end for personal reservations. I will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014We arrived early for our reservation and they seated us. We had tickets for the Theater so we mentioned we needed to be out by a specific time, they accommodated . Wine was great, food was fabulous and our server was very professional and knowledgableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johnny kOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Our waitress and Johnny k were great!!!!! So friendly awesome food and wine will come back in a heartbeat!!!!! We hope you bring one to the pittsburgh or Erie pa area!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum!JessMDined on 10/7/2014Great food! I had the Rigatoni "D" and loved it! Food came out fast. I also really enjoyed the caesar salad and a raspberry lemonade- very fresh ingredients. The waitress was pleasant.Special Features:
- MatskaDined on 10/5/2014The food was brilliant - great tasting and very generous portions. Service was fantastic and atmosphere was lively. A great find and likely to return before we leave Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceJohnHDined on 10/5/2014Everything about our experience was excellent. I had eaten at a different Maggione's about 10 years ago and loved it. There is no Maggione's near the city where I live or I would have repeated the experience sooner. Frankly, I was concerned that my recollection may have been too rosy or that this place may not live up to the other. My fears were groundless. The food was just as delicious (and plentiful) and the service just as impeccable, from the greeting staff who swiftly helped to correct a problem with my reservation (my fault) to the pleasant, efficient server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014Food was very good, server was pleasant, however, drinks could've been refreshed in a more timely fashion and we also had to wait a decent amount of time to get our bill and we had post dinner theater tickets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom was greatpaigeDined on 10/5/2014Our waiters name was Tom. He has been working there for 11 years and he was fabulous! The food and atmosphere was homey and elegant at the same time. Love it there!Special Features:
- very good mealstevegVIPDined on 10/5/2014service and food were very good. we had party of six and despite man large parties, were served efficiently and all enjoyed their mealSpecial Features:
- Pleasant night outliketoeatDined on 10/4/2014Really enjoyed our dinner at Maggianos. The food was excellent. We got an appetizer which contained tomatoes and cheese which was excellent. For dinner we had the chicken picatta and veal parmesan which were both excellent. One of the things I liked best was there was plenty of food, but not too too much, meaning after an appetizer and dinner, we still had room for desert. The service was excellent and the ambience was nice as well. Very kid friendly as I saw many families there. All in all a great choice, would recommend in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Great Birthday!FranksDined on 10/3/2014Staff was very accommodating for my daughter's 19th birthday. Waiter, Steve, was very jubilant and even cheered up my daughter who was suffering from a serious head cold. The food was great and even though we were full half way through our dinners, we couldn't stop! Enjoyed our dinner and lunches in the past were plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value.HelpinguoutDined on 10/3/2014We had a 7pm reservation and we were seated at around 7:10pm. It was a busy night so I didn't think this was unreasonable. I ordered lasagna and it was very good. My husbands ziti and sausage was also good and large enough to bring some home. The service was great. I never had to look around for the waiter. We love to go to maggianos when in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and atmospherecharlooDined on 10/2/2014First time at Maggiano's and would definetely return. The food was delicious and served promptly and hot, also reasonably priced. Felt the waitstaff could have been friendlier and more attentive but overall, a very good experience! Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceKyoshiDined on 10/1/2014Good location close to everything. Delicious food. Fantastic service. One of my favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodALFBRODined on 10/1/2014The Food is very good. We were 7 people and nobody complained about it. We enjoyed the time and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely loved the food.llmc6294Dined on 9/30/2014From the appetizer to the desert it was out of this world. Ordered Chef specailties and was not disappointed. Wonderful food. Prices reasonable. Service was great and friendly, helpful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyGrimlaserDined on 9/29/2014Multiple times we have been here and never had any negative experience. Outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatThatiDined on 9/28/2014This restauraunt is ver very nice. The food was absolutely amazing, the service was kind of slow but it's a very high paced place so it was understandable. Overall I loved it and will go back,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okbetteroptionsDined on 9/28/2014the whole experience was just ok. there are better Italian restaurants in bostonSpecial Features:
- Chain RestaurantdoneatethereDined on 9/28/2014Maggiano's is known as a family feast restaurant. Food is good but not North End good. Service was excellent. Lighter calorie dishes were also very good.Special Features:
- Awesome!!!Nene50Dined on 9/27/2014Many say that the food there is not really Italian food, but my family and I loved it!!! The food was very good, we did not have one complaint at our table and others around us seemed to enjoy it too!!! I use their catering service when I am hosting. Kudos Maggianos.Special Features:
- Fun EveningAmoreDined on 9/27/2014Always a great Italian Restaurant to bring new friends to a new experience of Dining. Love MargianosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DiningdrjoulesDined on 9/27/2014This is the fifth year that my wife and I have gone to Maggiano's with our neighbors to celebrate our collective September birthdays. Each year we have enjoyed the delicious, unsurpassed bounty of the Chef's Special for groups of four or more. With menu selections to satisfy every taste or mood, the appetizer, main course and dessert choices faithfully represent a broad range of Italian favorites. The only difficulty that the diners may have will be to choose their menu selections from the mouth-watering choices in this "family style", unlimited dining option. As always, the food preparation and presentation is consistently outstanding, and the service is exemplary in every detail. Maggiano's dining experience is always truly memorable!Special Features:
- Good Food and Excellent ServicebillDined on 9/26/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent! I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- awesomelouie0509Dined on 9/25/2014first time going to Maggianos and I had such a great experience! everyone was wicked nice. did not have to wait a long time for anything to come out, which is always a plus! the food was amazing! so happy my coworker told me about this place! definitely going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you want great Italian...SCHammondDined on 9/24/2014Then visit Boston's North End. This was the second time I ate at Maggiano's and was disappointed. Won't eat there again.
- Simply disappointingKathyJDined on 9/24/2014The only good thing was the great waitress we had. The maître'd was a well dressed and rather handsome but rather than handing menus to us, he threw them on the table then left. The fish was not fresh (tilapia and lobster) and their signature seafood and linguini dish was bland with clams that went bad so I had to spit them out.Special Features:
- Fabulous family diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014My family enjoys eating at Maggianos for special events. We had theatre tickets and can always count on a great start with Maggiano's. There is something on the menu for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful diningJennyDined on 9/22/2014Great food and service. Lovely decor and ambiance - background music was perfect. Nothing was too much trouble.Special Features: