Maggiano's - Boston
4 Columbus Avenue
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 6175423456
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Fazio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 617-426-0540 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Boston
Welcome to Maggiano's Little Italy in Boston, located on Columbus Avenue near the Theater District, Boston Common & Park Plaza. Our restaurant is a quick trip from the Freedom Trail & the Boston Tea Party. Parking validation is available Monday-Friday after 5:00pm & on weekends ($8 for up to three hours). Maggiano's 350-seat dining room is an ideal location for your dinner, baby shower or important client meeting. The seasonal patio seating has an old-world feel of dining on the bustling streets of Florence. Recent visitors include Manny Ramirez, Jon Bon Jovi & Kathleen Turner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Maggiano's - Boston - Best Restaurants in Theater District ›
Maggiano's - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
320 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (240)special occasion (168)kid-friendly (108)romantic (90)fit for foodies (87)neighborhood gem (84)great for lunch (52)notable wine list (48)hot spot (36)late-night find (24)great for brunch (13)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Nice New Lite & Gluten Free Menujmf1Dined on 10/27/2014You can eat lite and gluten free here. Awesome food especially for people who want to eat Italian and want pasta or a lighter version of their favorite dishes. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencebennybDined on 10/25/2014I took my wife to Maggiano's for her birthday before a show. We had never been there before. It was a very nice atmosphere, slightly romantic feel but there were definitely families and friends there as well as couples. The staff were top notch. Three different managers checked in on us to see how we were doing. When I mentioned it was my wife's birthday, they comped our dessert on the final bill. The food was delicious and portions were plentiful. I personally recommend the Chicken Francese. Prices were very reasonable. Would definitely go there again next time I'm in the theater district.Special Features:
- Dinnertld69Dined on 10/25/2014Food was excellent and the service was great. No waiting time because we reserved with Opentable.comSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2014We have gone to Maggianos for all our special occasions but it may be time to find a new venue. We ordered our drinks first but they didn't come until after we had gotten our appetizers, which were just ok. I don't know if they have a new chef, but the food was not up to the same level that it usually was. Then they ran out of cheesecake for dessert. When we paid the bill we gave the waiter our slip for the valet. We finished our coffee paid the bill went outside & still had to wait outside for at least 30 minutes for our car. The valet asked 3 times what kind of car we had. Not a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Consistently awesome...veggiefoodieDined on 10/24/2014As always, excellent food and service. Our waiter was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our first timenewbeefoodieDined on 10/21/2014One of our first visits to.Boston we had dinner here. The place came highly recommended. Now Bostons north end is famous for its Italian food so go there and try it but if u want a nice place in the city and walking distance from great hotels this is the place for u. Great service great food and full of Boston charm. This place makes pasta and meatballs and makes it heaven. Gabriel was our server and he was great. Very attentive and later we found out he was new. Even If you are not a dessert person u have to try the cookies. Light and full of flavor. Great with a cappacino. ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful diningMmmMmmGoodDined on 10/21/2014The hostess was polite. Seating was quick. The waiter attended to us promptly. Enjoyed the selection of wine, dinner was delicious and well portioned. Loved Nonna's toasted pound cake. Will return, definitely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDawave1215Dined on 10/19/2014First time and will absolutely be returning again!! The food was tremendous and the portions were perfect. We weren't rushed and everything came in a timely manner. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRedLicorishDined on 10/18/2014It was date night for my husband and I. The food was delicious , the waiter we had was really helpful when it came down to order our food and picking the desert. Overall i would recommend Maggiano's to anyone.Special Features:
- Awesome AnniversaryOneYearEngagedDined on 10/18/2014My fiancé and I just dined at Maggianos Boston for our one year engaged! I absolutely love it here!! The food is always impressive and never disappointing! Last year, we invited my family to the city to enjoy Maggianos with us and I think Family Style dining was so good, that I've been talking about going back for the entire year! I wish I could remember our waitress' name. She was awesome! Thanks for an amazing experience! We will be back sooner this time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but not great serviceKevinDined on 10/18/2014All the food was top notch, but the service was quite lacking. There were 2 servers in our room that seemed to be helping each other out with all the tables, but they were apparently not communicating well to each other. There were many cases where one waitress would take our order, and then the other would come over and ask if we were ready to order, etc. When we initially ordered drinks, 4 of the 7 of us did not get the drinks and we had to eventually ask for them again. There were several points throughout the evening that nobody checked on us for really long periods of time. When we wanted to pay the bill, nobody was picking it up, and it took a long time to get someone's attention. Again, great food but frustrating service.
- EmersonMoDined on 10/18/2014Food was great. Service was attentive. Restaurant very crowded which translated into a very noisy experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- tholdetDined on 10/18/2014excellent food and even better drinks! definitely get your moneys worthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for the familyMattDined on 10/18/2014If you're hungry and looking for some good Italian food, this is the spot for you. Family style is a great way to try many different meals.Special Features:
- DisapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014While the attention was very good the food was not. It was overpriced, the chicken saltinboca was overcooked and it tasted like burnt oil.
- Home run in BostonGCW320Dined on 10/17/2014Great meal and great atmosphere. Maggiano's was a big hit with me and my family. It was our first visit and did not disappoint. Service was great and so was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Consistently Goodminnesotamom45Dined on 10/15/2014We eat at Maggiano's every time we're in Boston, often twice within the four day span. The food is ALWAYS amazing whether we're dining in the afternoon or evening, on a weekday or weekend.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantmarcano1234Dined on 10/15/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. The food is always amazing, great service, and just an all around great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesStephDined on 10/12/2014I love Maggianos because I have always had a great server and great experience there. The food is always excellent! The noise level is kind of high and it is always packed! Definitely make a reservation beforehand (at least for weekends)Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceMia09noel11Dined on 10/12/2014As soon as we walked through the door everyone from the host, hostess, bartender (who encouraged members of our party to have a cocktail while we waited to be seated) to our waiter the experience was wonderful. We were celebrating three birthdays after seeing a show and it was a great ending to a lovely day, not to mention the fantastic food for a moderate price. We will certainly be back and as an FYI this was not our first visit. We live in Plymouth, MA., and although the ladies of the party were already in Boston for the show the men drove up for dinner we could have easily driven back home and had dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!MillieDined on 10/11/2014My second time there but my family first time myand we loved it!!!!!! My mom cleaned her plate!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Post-Theatre DiningDiningDebDined on 10/11/2014We saw the Lion King with our children and had a reservation immediately after at Maggiano's. We were immediately seated and had the nicest waiter who was super sweet to our boys and brought their food out first. The food, the service and the atmosphere was perfect for eating with out kids. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Favorite Italian Dining VenueItalianfoodieDined on 10/10/2014I would and will recommend this venue to anyone and everyone for a night out for dinner in Boston. We had amazing Service, (I tipped 25%, to Brian our Server, he was laid back and knowledgeable). The portions were big enough for all four of us to comfortably split appetizers and test everyone's food (every single dish we ordered was made to perfection). 4 of us dined 2 app's, 4 full sized entree's, 2 bottles of wine and a glass of Whiskey, $249.00...I can not complain about that.Special Features:
- Maggiano'sfamilylovesmaggianosDined on 10/10/2014Each time we come to Maggiano's we are impressed. I love the offering of Lighter Fare which still gives you plenty to eat. Due to an accident on our way in, we knew we were going to be late. We called to explain, they said no problem, and when we arrived we were welcomed and luckily seated immediately as we had tickets to a show. The food, waitress and even valet parking was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014What a terrific dinner ~ our party of 6 had dinner prior to The Lion King. What a terrific dinner, great food, great wine, great service, thanks Maggiano's!! We'll definitely be back next time we're n Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding.LeeajadeDined on 10/8/2014Rarely do I dine out in this economy, but when I do it better be worth it and this restaurant was well worth it. The food was excellent as were the drinks. They have a great variety of both and the prices were very reasonable. I love the special touch by the maître Dee who said my name a few times while seating us and gave us a business card in the end for personal reservations. I will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014We arrived early for our reservation and they seated us. We had tickets for the Theater so we mentioned we needed to be out by a specific time, they accommodated . Wine was great, food was fabulous and our server was very professional and knowledgableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johnny kOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Our waitress and Johnny k were great!!!!! So friendly awesome food and wine will come back in a heartbeat!!!!! We hope you bring one to the pittsburgh or Erie pa area!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum!JessMDined on 10/7/2014Great food! I had the Rigatoni "D" and loved it! Food came out fast. I also really enjoyed the caesar salad and a raspberry lemonade- very fresh ingredients. The waitress was pleasant.Special Features:
- MatskaDined on 10/5/2014The food was brilliant - great tasting and very generous portions. Service was fantastic and atmosphere was lively. A great find and likely to return before we leave Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceJohnHDined on 10/5/2014Everything about our experience was excellent. I had eaten at a different Maggione's about 10 years ago and loved it. There is no Maggione's near the city where I live or I would have repeated the experience sooner. Frankly, I was concerned that my recollection may have been too rosy or that this place may not live up to the other. My fears were groundless. The food was just as delicious (and plentiful) and the service just as impeccable, from the greeting staff who swiftly helped to correct a problem with my reservation (my fault) to the pleasant, efficient server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014Food was very good, server was pleasant, however, drinks could've been refreshed in a more timely fashion and we also had to wait a decent amount of time to get our bill and we had post dinner theater tickets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom was greatpaigeDined on 10/5/2014Our waiters name was Tom. He has been working there for 11 years and he was fabulous! The food and atmosphere was homey and elegant at the same time. Love it there!Special Features:
- very good mealstevegVIPDined on 10/5/2014service and food were very good. we had party of six and despite man large parties, were served efficiently and all enjoyed their mealSpecial Features:
- Pleasant night outliketoeatDined on 10/4/2014Really enjoyed our dinner at Maggianos. The food was excellent. We got an appetizer which contained tomatoes and cheese which was excellent. For dinner we had the chicken picatta and veal parmesan which were both excellent. One of the things I liked best was there was plenty of food, but not too too much, meaning after an appetizer and dinner, we still had room for desert. The service was excellent and the ambience was nice as well. Very kid friendly as I saw many families there. All in all a great choice, would recommend in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Great Birthday!FranksDined on 10/3/2014Staff was very accommodating for my daughter's 19th birthday. Waiter, Steve, was very jubilant and even cheered up my daughter who was suffering from a serious head cold. The food was great and even though we were full half way through our dinners, we couldn't stop! Enjoyed our dinner and lunches in the past were plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value.HelpinguoutDined on 10/3/2014We had a 7pm reservation and we were seated at around 7:10pm. It was a busy night so I didn't think this was unreasonable. I ordered lasagna and it was very good. My husbands ziti and sausage was also good and large enough to bring some home. The service was great. I never had to look around for the waiter. We love to go to maggianos when in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and atmospherecharlooDined on 10/2/2014First time at Maggiano's and would definetely return. The food was delicious and served promptly and hot, also reasonably priced. Felt the waitstaff could have been friendlier and more attentive but overall, a very good experience! Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceKyoshiDined on 10/1/2014Good location close to everything. Delicious food. Fantastic service. One of my favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodALFBRODined on 10/1/2014The Food is very good. We were 7 people and nobody complained about it. We enjoyed the time and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.