Maggiano's - Boston
4 Columbus Avenue
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 6175423456
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Fazio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 617-426-0540 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Boston
Welcome to Maggiano's Little Italy in Boston, located on Columbus Avenue near the Theater District, Boston Common & Park Plaza. Our restaurant is a quick trip from the Freedom Trail & the Boston Tea Party. Parking validation is available Monday-Friday after 5:00pm & on weekends ($8 for up to three hours). Maggiano's 350-seat dining room is an ideal location for your dinner, baby shower or important client meeting. The seasonal patio seating has an old-world feel of dining on the bustling streets of Florence. Recent visitors include Manny Ramirez, Jon Bon Jovi & Kathleen Turner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Maggiano's - Boston - Best Restaurants in Theater District ›
Maggiano's - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
309 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (231)special occasion (173)kid-friendly (113)romantic (75)fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (71)great for lunch (59)notable wine list (48)hot spot (37)late-night find (18)great for brunch (17)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food and service. We found them to be very accommodating. The crab cakes were outstanding and we enjoyed the family style meals. The cheese cake was delish.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and it was great. Everyone we dealt with was super friendly and the food was fantastic.I highly recommend this restaurant and we will return.Special Features:
- Family nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Family of 4 with 2 college kids with good appetites. Got a large booth with lots of elbow room, as we had requested! Only complaint is that the Chicken Parm, & Chicken Piccata was a bit tough rather than tender. Otherwise lots of good 'ol Italian food, hot & delicious. Love the chopped salad!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceurbanover40Dined on 9/19/2014The three of us had a wonderful time at Maggiano's the other night. Our server was wonderful, the food was delicious and the servings were generous. The background music and happy chatter of fellow diners provided a very pleasant background. Prices are very reasonable. Service was not at all rushed even though it was Friday night and the restaurant was full. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJustPeachieDined on 9/19/2014Made reservations before going to the theater district to catch a show. We had 3 great courses, from soup and salad, to entrees, to the dessert sampler (which was excellent). Drinks were also good and prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Yuck! Kids didn't even like it. To bad it's a great location and pretty room.Special Features:
- Never a bad mealemondDined on 9/16/2014We love Maggiano's so much that we went for dinner two weeks after having our Rehearsal Dinner there. Service, food, and wine were all excellent. The rigatoni d never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lighter take dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Be aware the lighter dishes come with 1/3 less chicken etc. and much less pasta for the same price as the regular dish. The lighter dishes were very good but not as advertised. You could order the regular dish and just take home 1/3 for another day. Service and atmosphere were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Maggiano's was a recommendation from an employee at the Courtyard South Boston (Thanks Andy) I made reservations promptly. We were celebrating my husbands appointment to Chief of Police. We are from NH. Johnny K greeted us happily and enthusiastically and we were seated in a great location with a view over the entire dining room. The crowd was bustling, the servers on their toes and the bus staff right on task. Our food was great, Gnocci, fab! Thanks for such a special dinner. We look forward to returning to your restaurant with friends in the near future! Worth the 2 hour drive! Thank you for the men in uniform accolades.Special Features:
- Maggianos a little sloppyeatingw4Dined on 9/13/2014Waited 15 minutes post reservation to be seated (despite note about 8 pm show). Host was great at locating a table asap once he realized we had a show. Then the table was missing a chair!!! It took 3 requests and more than 5 min to get a 4th chair brought to the table. Food was fine. Lite alfredo w chicken was tasty, but small. Sons loved the pastas they ordered (kids mac and cheese and spaghetti w meatball). Mozzarella marinara was yummy and more than enough for 4. Waitress was awesome and went out of her way to make sure she timed our order so we could be on time for the show. Thank god! Lesson was you need lots of extra time (more than 2 hours) before a show to have a relaxed dinner there w your family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatJRH3Dined on 9/13/2014We went maggianos on a busy Saturday night. Luckily we used the open table app, as there was a 2 hour wait. Our waitress was great and very personable. My wife got a pasta dish and I tried the new lighter chicken parm. Both were very good, pasta was very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency & Quality as expectedHardToPleaseDined on 9/13/2014Had not been here in over 6 months, but that didn't matter. The consistency, quality, and service of what I experience here never lets me down. Had Mam's lasagna, sausage flatbread, and caesar salad, and family members had various variations of pasta dishes. All were excellent and service was very good. Will visit Maggiano's more frequently going forward.Special Features:
- NicmotDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food! I highly recommend family style dining--endless amounts of food. Great staff! Very accommodating! Can't wait for my next trip to Boston just to have dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good timenevmcgregorDined on 9/12/2014Maggiano's can always be relied on for great family meals. The food has remained of high quality over the years. Love it.Special Features:
- GreatErinDined on 9/12/2014Great spot in the theater district. We went before a show and the service was very quick. Food was great and portions are huge.Special Features:
- Great Italian food at good price.DigitalianDined on 9/11/2014Food is always great, the prices are very reasonable and on the particular night our waiter was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gran cenaMusicadeclubDined on 9/9/2014Muy buena comida italiana en un ambiente muy apropiado y cinematográficoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!RosannDined on 9/9/2014I usually go to a steakhouse on my birthday but this year I decided to come to Maggiano's and it was delicious!! I have been there several times for other friends events and birthdays and decided this year it was going to be all about me. We had too small of a group for family style which is my only regret as I think that a party of three would very easily have enjoyed that. However, I very much enjoyed my meal of chicken Parm and a nice piece of chocolate cake for dessert. Our waiter was excellent, very friendly - and did a great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellentCathouDined on 9/5/2014Cheese cake so good, zucchini delicious and I haven talk about the chicken parmagiana hummmmm!!!Special Features:
- Great MealBobbyZDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I arrived late for our reservation due to traffic tie up but were seated immediately. Our waiter was very attentive. Our food was served in a expedient manner. It was hot and very tasty. We would recommend Maggiano's to all our friends.Special Features:
- Great for large groupsdiner23Dined on 9/2/2014We ordered family-style for a large party ahead of time when we made the reservation. Everything was all set up when our group arrived, and we were well taken care of. All of the dishes were excellent. There was a great variety of dishes to accommodate everyone's preferences.Special Features:
- Wonderful!RIReviewerDined on 8/31/2014This was our second visit there and the Chicken Piccata was again amazing. Service was excellent. It's not exactly a romantic restaurant, but we were seated in a booth on the outskirts of the large dining room, so we were glad not to be in the midst of the casual, family-friendly restaurant. It's a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodlover14Dined on 8/30/2014I had an amazing experience with my friend celebrating her birthday. My server was amazing, helpful, and thorough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatMarkDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I had a reservation for 4:30 and the restaurant was fairly empty due to time of day. This was a once in a long while dinner w/o our boys. Server was friendly but we were not pleased to get our meal (not very hot) 2 minutes after our salads arrived. The food was decent. The Sangria was very good. Our server asked if we wanted dessert while we were finishing dinner. We felt very rushed. We had our check by 5:20. When we received our check, the suggested tip amounts of 15%, 18%, and 20% were circled. I find that to be rude. I can add.Special Features:
- ExcellentLoveboston1Dined on 8/29/2014While spending a long weekend with my family in Boston, we went to Maggianos for dinner. The food was delicious. We shared a family style cesar salad and it was amazing not too much garlic! I would highly recommend making a reservation. Also want to add ghat service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbbondanzaFooddudeDined on 8/28/2014Excellent service and lots of good food. Had a party of 10 and had the family style dinner and everyone was very satisfied. Just save some room for the excellent desserts. Park in the Motor Mart Garage on Stuart street and have your ticket validated in the restaurant and parking is only $10.Special Features:
- Family Dinner CelebrationMamadukesDined on 8/24/2014Planned a small 60th Birthday dinner for my husband and immediate family. Every person who I came in contact with was super helpful and friendly. Excellent customer service all around. The food was terrific. My 5 year old grandson was asked how his spaghetti and meatballs tasted and he said "awesome, they sure make good stuff here'. Overall experience was fantastic. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappydinerHappydinerDined on 8/23/2014We were very happy with our waitress and our meals. Mama's Lasagna is to die for !Special Features:
- Family Dinner on Saturday 8/23NickDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I had dinner at Maggiano's on Saturday night with my parents and brother. Dinner was great (as usual), and our servers Tom and Bryan were very helpful. We ordered "family-style"; I definitely recommend the Bruschetta. The only complaints I would have is that we were seated in a small function room just off of the entry with 2 larger parties (a birthday party of 12 and a bachelor's party for 14). It was rather loud in the room. We were also seated in a very dark corner in the back, and we had trouble even reading our menus. Tom was kind enough to raise the light level for us; however it also brightened the entire room instead of just the small overhead lamp at our table, which was still a problem. Overall, we enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Was looking for moreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Surpise that they do not offer shots for drinks, it was my birthday and was looking to celebrateSpecial Features:
- JammaDined on 8/23/2014We were there to celebrate a friend's birthday and everything was great. Great service and amazing food. I definitely recommend Maggiano's for anyone looking for great food and great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food service and staff were incredible. This was real italian food. Family dine in menu was great. The kept coming until we were ready to stop...crab cakes and apple crostada. Will def be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGkdisessaDined on 8/23/2014Me and my fiance went for a night out of dinner and a show and I picked maggianos based on the reviews. The service was friendly and the restaurant plays classic Italian music, very relaxing and homey feel. It's big enough that you see and hear others but not there individual conversation. We ordered the fried calimari for an appetizer and it was well breaded and not too greasy. I ordered the four cheese raviolis and when I took a bite I gave it a moment of silence that it deserved. The ravioli was thick with all the cheeses and was absolutely amazing. My fiance ordered the eggplant parmesan and compared it to his grandmothers. It was rich in taste and soft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and lots of it!bostonfoodDined on 8/21/2014We went to Maggiano's Boston to celebrate our son's 18th birthday when we couldn't get reservations at Top of the Hub. It was great! We chose to order family style since there were five of us. There were many choices for appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts. This was especially important to us since we had one member in our party who was a vegetarian and one who didn't eat fish. The food was delicious and knowing that it was all you could eat was a big plus since my son needs to gain weight. However, even with 5 of us, we couldn't eat everything that we ordered and ended up bringing 3 bags of food home with us! We would definitely recommend Maggiano's and hope we have a chance to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewYorkMikeandBetsiDined on 8/20/2014Maggiano's Boston was an absolutely fantastic place to celebrate my wife's birthday and our anniversary. The server, Jamie, was tremendously attentive and friendly and Maggiano's even provided us with a FREE piece of their fabulous cheesecake when I mentioned the reason we were there celebrating!Special Features:
- AmazingAdrianDined on 8/19/2014My date and I loved this place so much. I have been a few times before and i am always amazed at the service and the beauty of the restaurant. Thank you.Special Features:
- Worst Restaurant EverWilsonVIPDined on 8/18/2014A poor excuse for an Italian restaurant. The food is fair at best which may satisfy on quantity, but certainly not quality and taste.
- Maggiano's BostonMakforce1Dined on 8/16/2014My family and I took a quick trip into Boston for the day and with little Italy so busy we decided to try Maggiano's. The restaurant was busy and our servers were awesome. The only downside was a little wait for the food to come out and the check other than that we were happy and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencedinnerDined on 8/16/2014Went with a group of 8 and had a great time and a great meal. Service was great.Special Features:
- FANTASTICTina1967Dined on 8/16/2014It was our first time at Maggiano's and it was amazing. The food and service were beyond excellent! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.