Maggiano's - Boston
4 Columbus Avenue
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (617) 542-3456
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Fazio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 617-426-0540 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Boston
Welcome to Maggiano's Little Italy in Boston, located on Columbus Avenue near the Theater District, Boston Common & Park Plaza. Our restaurant is a quick trip from the Freedom Trail & the Boston Tea Party. Parking validation is available Monday-Friday after 5:00pm & on weekends ($8 for up to three hours). Maggiano's 350-seat dining room is an ideal location for your dinner, baby shower or important client meeting. The seasonal patio seating has an old-world feel of dining on the bustling streets of Florence. Recent visitors include Manny Ramirez, Jon Bon Jovi & Kathleen Turner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maggiano's - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
339 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (260)special occasion (187)kid-friendly (104)fit for foodies (104)romantic (104)neighborhood gem (91)notable wine list (60)great for lunch (54)hot spot (48)late-night find (29)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (13)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (7)Show More
- Maggiano's never disappoints.ChrisLDined on 11/25/2014Great atmosphere, great food and great service. Always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, fun Italian restaurantVegetarianfoodieDined on 11/22/2014My family loves Maggiano's. We are vegetarian and look for restaurants with good vegetarian options and are happy with the quality and choice at Maggianos. Of course the location makes it fun for us as it is a trip into Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!BostonCoupleDined on 11/22/2014This place never disappoints. Bring your family here...no, bring everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Great food, incredibly friendly staff, and our waiter was amazing! My husband had the steak carbonara pasta and our friend had the seafood pasta, while I had a butternut squash totellini dish from the specials. The chopped salad was spectacular and we split a profiterole and the best tiramisu I think I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excelent serviceJayco31Dined on 11/21/2014We were pressed for time with a theater reservation. Prompt service made it a breeze to catch the show. The attention to a food allergy in our party was outstanding from service through kitchen staff,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing- $$$ Olive GardenSouthieDinerVIPDined on 11/15/2014I keep trying to like it here, but it keeps going downhill. It was 5:00 on a Saturday, between 2 Annie shows, so it was quite busy. I would assume they would be a) prepared and b) happy about the business but not so. The girls at front desk - your first experience with a restaurant - were miserable. People were trying to joke with them and they just stared blankly. We had a great booth, and the atmosphere is great - especially with kids. Server was super nice, but so rushed with apparently too many tables so he kept forgetting things. Marsala sauce more like bland gravy ... from a can. Chicken parmesian way overcooked. I used to love this place, but this was my last visit. Not sure what's happening, but their food is no better than mediocre Olive Garden these days, just more expensive. :(
- serviceDawnDined on 11/14/2014Our server, Chris, was very personable and attentive. He made sure we were comfortable with the food preparation considering my nieces serious peanut allergy. We felt relaxed and were able to enjoy our meal as he made certain it was rushed so we could make our play on time as we were late for our reservation. Phenomenal server!!! Not to mention the food was absolutely delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater dinnerGinaDined on 11/14/2014It was a perfect match before theater. Kids can walk from Wang. Kids menu. Was pleasantly surprised to get an excellent glass of wine. Being in the restaurant business my whole life I can say my service was top notch, which a lot of times kids can put off service. Food was excellent, inexpensive. Highly recommend for families wanting a nice meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard checkered tablecloth type Italian food.BostonVegDined on 11/13/2014But with flair. Staff is very accommodating of our special dietary needs. Chef came up with a marvelous custom entree. Everyone from the front desk staff to the waiters was friendly and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningMarcbrad12Dined on 11/13/2014Maggiano's has become a regular dining spot for me. We were a group of four grabbing dinner before the Blue October show at the Royale. I am addicted to their Zuchini Fritte and Stuffed Mushroom appetizers. I had the lighter take Chicken Marsala which was absolutely delicious. Finished up the dinner with their decadent Tiramisu dessert. Service was excellent and atmosphere was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service & FoodwvskierVIPDined on 11/13/2014Had been dying to try this place after making numerous reservations for my bosses through the years. Had email list coupon for my birthday (missed out on a couple others-recommend signing up your email). Had to change my reservation (3 times) while trying to squeeze in 7 p.m. Annie show and not arriving before 6 p.m. (original res was 5). They not only kindly accommodated us, they made it a fantastic time! The Ruffino house white was deliciously cold, the chicken francese and chicken caprese were fantastic! We had our bottle of wine, food and as a surprise they brought me the most Amazing dessert tray (tiramisu, choc truffles, creme brulee, my fav - apple croissant topped w/ice cream). Susana our wait staff is Highly recommended as is rest,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I don't know what was different.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014I regularly come here I loe the food the service is good but this time it took a really long time to get the food out. Also it was not very good. I have never had a problem before and it was really upsetting. I paid $35 for nothing basically. There was almost no sauce of the food the ravioli was crispy and hard on the edges from there being no sauce and it was getting cold before i had a chance to eat it. I love this resturant but the lunch was awful. I wpuld normally never gice a review especially like this because it really is an amazing resturant and I have had this dish before and it is extremely good. But it was obvious it was made carelessly this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveVIPDined on 11/11/2014Food is always good here and I always go when visiting downtown. Service really was slow, lousy, and unfriendly this time. Also, when is Maggiano's going to offer veterans a discount on veterans day? I asked about it and they looked at me funny like what? Hey all of your competition does and they all gladly welcome and offer a thank you too.Special Features:
- Great Italian DishesLove2eatoutDined on 11/9/2014We came to Maggiano's with friends who were raised in Boston's North End and still visit relatives in Italy. They had never been to Maggiano's , but since I talked about how wonderful the food was, they wanted to try it. Our friends had the Chicken Marsala and Taylor Street Ziti. My husband and I had Chicken Parmesan and Shrimp Fra Diavolo. All of us couldn't stop talking about how good everything was. My shrimp dish was delicious. The Fra Diavolo sauce had great flavor and the dish did not skimp on the shrimp. I only tasted a bit of my husband's chicken parmigiana, but sauce and cutlet were quite tasty. Our friends truly enjoyed their selections and the restaurant. There is a lot if ambience in e Boston Maggiano's.Special Features:
- Maggiano'sslowserviceDined on 11/8/2014We had a reservation but had to wait 15 minutes. The waiter was nice but service was slow. The restaurant was noisy.
- DisapointedJerryDined on 11/8/2014We went to maggiano's to celebrate a birthday. The waiter was excellent and attentive, the decor was good though very noisy.The disappointment cam in with the quality of food. I came to Maggiano's quite frequently about 10 to 12 years ago when the food was much better, the Maggiano's Salad wasno where like described in the menu.what I received was a simple salad with tiny bits of something that one could not recognize. The quantity of food (skimpy) at best,The chicken parmigiana was three medallions of chicken rubbery and dry,the tomato sauce was terribly acidic with absolutely no flavor,the cheese was almost non existent. My guests chicken dish was very skimpy and i was embarrassed. Where is the quality and flavor I once knew?
- Meet at Maggiano's - BostonRJK11814Dined on 11/8/2014Wikipedia describes excellence as...Excellence is a talent or quality which is unusually good and so surpasses ordinary standards. My definition of 'Excellence' is Maggiano's! Starting at the bar with Chris and Jason; onto Johnny, Maitre D', Par excellence, and on to a wonderful dining experience with impeccable service. And the valet parking service rounds it off to the perfect night in Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- be wary if on a scheduleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2014We made a reservation for 2 hours before curtain. We were on time for our reservation but it still took them more than 20 minutes to seat us. The waiter did what he could so we weren't late for the theater but it wasn't the relaxed meal we had been planning. If you have no time constraints, its fine. If you do, choose another restaurant.
- always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Been many times and never disappointed. It was my daughter's birthday and this was her first choice. Food was really good as was the service!! I'm sure we'll be back to celebrate other occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gblosgblosDined on 11/8/2014My party of two arrived on time and was ignored despite our attempts to speak to the hostess. Six other parties came in, without reservations, and were seated before we were. When we were finally able to get a waiter to pay attention to us, he seated us. Food was just ok - the special salad which was supposed to have blue cheese had none, the entree was brought out only minutes after the appetizer. All in all, dining there was nothing special.Special Features:
- great time great foodardvarkDined on 11/8/2014We go on special occasions and have not been disappointed yet. Service and food that you're going to eat for two days. Fried zucchini alone is worth their trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zebra48VIPDined on 11/7/2014Always packed. Maitre d is very helpful, effective.Special Features:
- Dinner at Maggiano'smytopfoodiesDined on 11/7/2014Had a nice table away from hectic area. Attentive staff, good food and lovely evening with good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly DisappointedSurprisiedDined on 11/7/2014The individual who was responsible for taking patrons request for seating needs to be more cordial. For starts, good evening and welcome to Maggiano's. In fact, I did not feel welcomed at all. She was very cold! I had reservations but still I was questioned about my expectations/intentions. She made it clear to me that I was not getting a discount. I received a phone call earlier regarding the same issue. I thought it was made clear then that only two were dining. My husband and I were not looking for a hand out; just quality service and good food. Overall, the dining experience was ok, I mean, just ok. Another recommendation, don't send the entrees out 5 minutes after the appetizers...Special Features:
- Great spot for dinner then theaterDiner4Dined on 11/7/2014We were wanting a restaurant in the theater district near the Wang. Great food, good service and able to walk to the Wang.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Boston Gem!room4desertDined on 11/7/2014Maggiano's was great! With my "Opentable" reservation, we were seated right away, at a booth like I had requested in my online reservation. The waiter (Chris) was excellent, and always seemed to show up just as we needed something. The food was very good. My wife had the Chef's special; medallions of beef and I had the shrimp and crab stuffed cannelloni. Both were perfectly prepared. Our waiter, Chris and Maggiano's made dinner out before a show, a special occasion! THANK YOU!Special Features:
- AwesomeSah3Dined on 11/6/2014Maggiano's is great! Love the family style dining with so much food! The service is also good, very attentive. Definitely get some dessert such as the apple dessert or pound cake. Maggiano's is good for any time and is always a good option for a special occasion. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great Family StyleGaribaldiDined on 11/6/2014Excellent food & service. Food & beverages came out in a timely fashion, and all the food including apps & entrees were all hot.Special Features:
- mybirthdayDined on 11/6/2014Food was excellent, the waitress was very attentive and constantly checking on our table. The Family style format was perfect for our family of 6.Special Features:
- Consistency PlusThebellymanDined on 11/5/2014Maggiano's is the most consistent restaurant that I dine at on a regular basis. The food, service and atmosphere are always the same and always good! We had a party of five and everyone's meal was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebaDined on 11/5/2014First time at Maggiano's. Would definately got again. Eggplant parmigiana was very good. Liked the red sauce. Waitress recommended pumpkin tiramisu-light and delicious. Nice finish to a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience as always!TopServiceVIPDined on 11/3/2014Our service was outstanding! Never lets me down. Although we did have to request more bread a couple of times, I did not mind because of how good our service was! :)Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerworkoutgalDined on 11/1/2014Our waitress was not friendly, rarely picked up our empty glasses and basically seemed robotic. Maybe she was exhausted. Food was good, but this time & last month we found the chicken to be tough.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysTomCDined on 11/1/2014We've been there before and we keep going back - that probably tells you how we feel about the food the service and the overall experience. You can't go wrong no matter what you order and unless you are BIG EATER - you will be bringing some (if not most) of your meal home for tomorrow. So great then you are reminded again of how great the food is and begin planning your next visit ! Awesome as always.Special Features:
- Hearty Italian fareChrisVIPDined on 11/1/2014The convenience of the Theater District without sky-high prices. Big portions ensure that you won't leave hungry. Popular with groups, so it can get a little noisy. I'm sure we'll be back.Special Features:
- Girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014After seeing the show Mama Mia, we had a reservation for six at 5:00pm. We were seated immediately by Yanni. He was friendly and very welcoming. The options for dinner were explained. We chose the family style three course meal. It was a great decision. The foods that we chose were all delicious. We asked that nothing be rushed and it wasn't. There was plenty of time between courses for us to just enjoy each other's company and relax. We never felt rushed even though it was a Saturday evening and the restaurant got much busier as the night progressed. Our server was wonderful. I wish I could remember her name. It was one of the best restaurant experiences that we've had. Would highly recommend this restaurant! It was fabulous!Special Features:
- Gluten-free friendlyBobLDined on 11/1/2014I love it that Maggiano's is so gluten-free friendly. Beer, pasta, dessert, etc. Great. Not to mention great food and ambience.
- Excellent Marinara SauceSandraDined on 11/1/2014So yummy. I loved the ambiance. Frank Sinatra, red and white checkered table cloths, dark wood. Old School American Italian. Affordable. Friendly service. Really delicious marinara sauce with perfectly cooked pasta. I took my mother here on Sunday afternoon. We had the spaghetti marinara, eggplant parmesan, broccolini, nice chewy bread with good oilve oil, and sangaria. She liked it better than her favorite Italian restaurant in NYC! I will be back! Make your reservations in advance if you want to get a table! Would be a good place for a date or a family celebration.Special Features:
- KimyaDined on 11/1/2014The food and service was excellent !!I love the relax feeling of the place.A very romantic place to go forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesPieceofcakeDined on 10/31/2014We arrived early and Maggiano's was able to move our reservation up. The waiter was knowlegable, attentive and personable. The food was delicious as usual and the ambiance is romantic with cane light. Maggiano's is always consistant and an enjoyable experience. I highly recommend you try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.