Maggiano's - Austin
10910 Domain Drive
Austin, TX 78758Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Austin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (512) 501-7870
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Matt Nicholson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Maggiano's - Austin
Maggiano's Little Italy is a classic Italian-American cuisine that proudly carries forward this tradition of sharing, combining it with the distinctive warmth and inviting neighborhood feel of our restaurants. Maggiano's is your everyday, neighborhood joint. Where you can relax, unwind, & be yourself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Maggiano's - Austin - Best Restaurants in Northwest ›
Maggiano's - Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)good for groups (103)romantic (60)kid-friendly (55)great for lunch (51)fit for foodies (46)notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (19)great for outdoor dining (15)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (10)great for brunch (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Expensive restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/25/2014Very expensive restaurant, will not recommend anyone.Special Features:
- Great restaurantBobMcDined on 11/23/2014A full menu at reasomable prices and service is wxcellent. It iseems a very accommodating restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleased with the Lighter Take menu!MelindaBDined on 11/23/2014We went to celebrate a birthday but I confess that the promotion of the new lighter fare menu peaked my interest and influenced the restaurant choice. I love Italian food but hate the calories. And on this visit, I has something I hadn't eaten in years: fettuccine Alfredo with chicken and asparagus. Delicious and without so much guilt. In fact, it made me wonder why restaurants have so many high calorie high fat options when it's so easy to lighten things up without sacrificing taste. I hope to see more items lightened up in the future. Our server made great recommendations from the menu all around. I'm sorry I forgot his name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried the lighter side entree. It was delicious!!Quilter53Dined on 11/22/2014The chicken was tender and the sauce lost no flavor by being lighter. I really enjoyed it more since the sauce was not so heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant GemSatDngDined on 11/18/2014Maggiano's is an absolute gem of a restaurant - the food is always good, the ambiance is always electric and the service is impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud, poor serviceBJinSADined on 11/15/2014I really like the food at Maggiano's and have eaten at several locations. However, this was my first time at the Austin location and the experience was horrible. We went on a Saturday night at 7 PM. We had a party of six and our waiter was overwhelmed. First, the restaurant was so loud we had to yell at him so he could hear us. Second, he brought our first bottle of wine with four glasses for six people. Rather than be rude and drink in front of our two other guests, we waited 10 more minutes for the two extra glasses to arrive. Third, when our appetizer arrived, no small plates were served. Rather than wait for our appetizer to get cold I walked around the restaurant looking for clean tables with plates already set and gathered up six of them. Fourth, I also had to go to the waiter's station to grab a pitcher of water because, in spite of repeated requests for water refills, none ever came. Fifth, when our food arrived two of our orders were wrong. We rarely saw our waiter and we had a couple of other waiters attempting to help ours, as they clearly realized he was doing a poor job. I attempted to wave down one of the young ladies dressed in black with a microphone in her ear to get some help for our guy, and she looked right at me as I was waving and turned and walked away. As I stated at the beginning, the food was good, as it always is. I just think the Austin location did our newly hired waiter an injustice by putting him alone with a "large" party, after all he had two other tables to tend to.
- nice for our first visitCAtellsallDined on 11/14/2014The atmosphere was ok and the place wss in a nice location close to shopping. Food lacked the flavoring that the waiter was so passionate about. It was nice to be able to set a reservation time and the provided valet parking but with a cost. I feel if you are a paying customer at the place they could at least give you free valet parking like our hotel did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UtjeffDined on 11/11/2014The food and service was great. I love the 2 meals for the price of 1 optionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Weak Linkjoe1VIPDined on 11/9/2014The space you provide for comments is inadequate. If you would like the story of a dissatisfied customer you may email me and I'd be happy to provide feedback.
- DisappointmentSad88Dined on 11/9/2014It was my first time at Maggianos in Austin from a recommendation by a friend. It was my birthday. From what I heard, a dessert is brought out when a guest is celebrating a birthday. Well, even though, my husband told the waitress that it was my birthday and noted it on the reservation, a birthday dessert was overlooked. I was disappointed.Special Features:
- Great date nightcymolinaDined on 11/8/2014John was great! He made it easy to navigate the menu and was very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyFitbossDined on 11/8/2014You can't beat the eat one take one deal! There seems to be a shortage of red pepper and Parmesan shakers so ask for them when putting in your orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasionJulesDined on 11/8/2014We always find Maggiano's to be great for any occasion but tonight it was for a special occasion. We celebrated my fiance's son's engagement and the staff treated them great. They truly enjoyed the experience and loved being able to take home some more of the great food.Special Features:
- 44th BdayZivaDined on 11/8/2014Maggiano's is our favorite restaurant for any occasion. We've had some really amazing waiters & meals over the years & even keep a list of their names in my phone. We dined at the Austin Domain location on 11/8 for my husband's birthday. It was very busy in the restaurant & we had to waiting longer than usual for most of our items. We noticed the staff seemed a little out of sync, overwhelmed & stressed. Overall, we enjoyed another fabulous evening at Maggiano's. The lemon drops were exceptional. We loved the special appetizer with the Arugula, Proscuitto, & Gorganzola. We were having some difficulty choosing our wine & the waitress accommodated us with a couple samples to assist in our selection. With her help, we decided on the Meiomi Pinot Noir, which cost more than we had initially wanted to spend, but was worth the splurge. We were both very excited about the Lighter Fare options & on the suggestion of our waitress, I indulged in the Shrimp Fra Diavolo. Our Pumpkin Cheesecake dessert was going to take a while, so we went to the bar for an after dinner drink. I ordered an old favorite, a blended B52. The bartenders were not familiar with this drink, but they looked up the ingredients & served it with some lovely Cognac marinated cherries. Absolutely perfect & delicious! We'll definitely be returning for another fine evening soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Saturday night out with friendsNancyDined on 11/8/2014Glad we made reservations because this place was hopping when we arrived at 6:30. We were seated promptly but the service in general was a little slow tonight and we had some problems with our order, which is unusual. The salads were great and the dishes we ordered were good. I will definitely come back but perhaps not on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choicedineNAustinDined on 11/8/2014Usually busy (even in the bar) - not this time. Not rushed, enjoyed the food, nice choice..I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for date nightlovetofoodDined on 11/7/2014The food is always womderful. The service was well-timed and friendly. I would definitely return again andagain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sammyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Good food, great ambiance, good service. Magiana is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy.Special Features:
- Great foodSouthTexanDined on 11/7/2014Magliano's pasta, salads, appetizers, and desserts are delicious. Reservations were available readily, greetings were warm, and service was friendly.Special Features:
- Great evening out!pammysueDined on 11/5/2014Five friends and I celebrated a belated birthday for one of our group, and we had a lovely meal at Maggiano's! I always get the classic pasta for the leftovers, and although I ordered lasagna to take home, I somehow got the ravioli my friend had ordered. Luckily, we like each other's choices, but I was disappointed not to have my correct take home order. Nonetheless, it was a fun evening out, and we all had a great time and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Joseph Alan Baker is the greatest of waitstaff individuals. Attentive without being a huge part of the meal. Knows the food and provides good suggestions. The food is excellent. Never had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Atomsphere always great...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I've been to this Maggiano's twice and both times the experience has been great!! The food is wonderful and the staff is really nice and know how to take care of their customers. Will recommend other to this resturant and will visit again soon.Special Features:
- nochainsDined on 10/21/2014Dependable italian restaurant. Food tastes freshly made. Portions are generous and prices are very reasonable. Sometimes we need to give ourselves permission to dine in the better chains. Will go back.Special Features:
- Always ReliableOldTxCroneDined on 10/19/2014Maggiano's has a new lighter side menu. Two of us tried the lower calorie chicken piccatta and it was very good. The absolutely delicious item was a butternut squash ravioli that my husband ordered.Special Features:
- Not great ServicedinnerDined on 10/14/2014Our server was less then good, bread came, food came 2 minutes later, glasses didn't get filled unless ask, interruptions during the time we were served our food. Came in for a tasting per the web site reservation, but when we got there they didn't know about it. Some many interruptions while eating to discuss this. Not professional. Food was ok, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special occasion favorite.luvgoodfoodDined on 10/10/2014Whenever we need a "go to" place for a special meal we can always count on the quality of food and service at Maggiano's. The atmosphere is always vibrant but not too loud. The food is delicious and the wine selection is quite nice. Their desserts should not be missed! We always like coffee with our dessert and have found that it's always lukewarm and not hot. Next time we'll ask for "hot" coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!MissGemma1944Dined on 10/9/2014This was the first time I've ever been here. I got the Chicken Parmesan and it was delicious, not to mention a generous portion. Had more than enough to take home for leftovers. On top of that, the waitress was great and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great againDalsDined on 10/2/2014We are regulars on special occasions where we take the kids, get dressed up and go for a fun dinner. Very reasonable and fun. Our server was amazing and wen't above and beyond to make my wife's bday and the kids time perfect.Special Features:
- DisappointingNickyVIPDined on 10/1/2014Apathic service. Had to ask for kids menu, then only one brought for two children. Not enough bread plates on table. Children ordered adult meal and split. Needed to ask for plates to serve it onto. Noted on our reservation we were coming for daughter's birthday. Nothing mentioned to her about this at all. Disappointing event all around.
- Exceptional serviceMemeketelDined on 9/30/2014Service was great, the waiter was very friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably Goodfood4thoughtDined on 9/27/2014While visiting Austin we were really in the mood for Italian. I've been to the Los Angeles location and this location didn't disappoint. The atmosphere was vibrant and nice soft lighting made for a lovely evening. Booth was very comfortable. Food fresh and plentiful. Service just right. No wine list. We'll definitely be back next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningDtaylorDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I had a "date night" at Maggiano's. We enjoyed the bar area before our dinner and the food was awesome. We will certainly make this one of our favorite places to return.Special Features:
- Good food, reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Maggiano's far exceeds the norm for chain restaurants. The food is well prepared with fresh ingredients. The service is mostly attentive and seemingly the servers are not assigned to too many tables so they are better able to provide the attention necessary.Special Features:
- Service was great!foldednapkinVIPDined on 9/25/2014It's really surprising to find someone that brightens your day after a long week. Just and Jeff get all the credit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/23/2014Dined early to celebrate my birthday. Friendly staff as we entered restaurant and promptly seated by hostess. Waiter was quick to greet us and take drink orders. Offered suggestions for meal and was very gracious regardless of our choices. Shared caesar salad and chose chicken piccata (lighter side) and parmesan crusted tilapia. Both were well presented and ample portions. Food was delicious and left little room for dessert so we passed this trip. Always enjoy visits here and look forward to the next opportunity to dine with them.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014The main coarses were delicious and well portioned. However, the "large" Italian salad priced at $11.50 was woefully disappointing--a skimpy portion of iceberg lettuce, 4 grape tomatoes, 3-4 kalamata olives and a few croutons-- a major rip off for the price!! Is this their way of subsidizing the the eat-a-meal, take one home program?Special Features:
- okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Food: nothing special... just ok! Reserve: when you arrive with no reservations they tell you to wait for at least half an hour. No problem. But, if you use reservation service on smartphone... well what a surprise you will be able to find a table imediatelly! So... There are table available... weird... I hate lies... so... go to another place! Romanos, Carinos... Best options!
- Great service!!foldednapkinVIPDined on 9/18/2014Judy was our server. She is one of the friendliest and best servers we've had in a long time. We plan to ask for her every time we return. The food was great and the servings were generous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Princess is back again to celebrateTandT2Dined on 9/9/2014We come here often to celebrate Birthdays. The service tonight was absolutely fabulous. Our waiter made our dining experience over the top. Called my daughter Princess "even though she is a young adult". Made her birthday that much more special. I tried the Lighter Chicken Picata and it was superb. Will be back soon !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dinnerGwtrDined on 9/9/2014The food and service we outstanding as usual. Celebrated a birthday and it went as expected.Special Features: