Magdaleno's Restaurant and Lounge
220 N. Central Ave
Upland, CA 91786Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Magdaleno's Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.magdalenos.com/
- Phone: 9099817000x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Janette Magdaleno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Magdaleno’s Catering offers the finest in catering and specialty foods. We are one of the premiere catering companies in the Inland Empire. We offer catering for all occasions from weddings, luncheons, Christmas, Holiday parties, and corporate events. Our food and customer service provide a truly memorable experience for any wedding, business or social event.
Call us now for a free consultation and free tasting!
- Private Party Facilities: We have two wonderfully decorated rooms both equipped with their own private restrooms and fully stocked bars! Our room cost varies from season to season and we offer great deals on our banquet menus. Please contact us today for a free consultation.
- Private Party Contact: Maritza Magdaleno 8886063708
A word from Magdaleno's Restaurant and Lounge
Our goal is simply this, we want to provide the best dining experience possible for you and your family. We pride ourselves in great service and great food, using only the finest and freshest seasonal ingredients out there. Join us for lunch or dinner, whatever the occasion is, we would love to help you celebrate it!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Magdaleno's Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Restaurant closedDisappointedVIPDined on 6/4/2014Made this reservation 3 weeks in advance and went there (on our anniversary) and it was CLOSED DOWN!
- Too loud, didn't stayRingingEarsDined on 5/17/2014We showed up to the restaurant excited about the menu, but as soon as we walked in we heard the singer of the band wailing at a brain-rattling volume. We left as soon as we could get a hold of our waitress, so I have nothing to say about the food.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2014My mother and I had lunch here. What a delightful experience. Josh was our server. He was attentive, pleasant and took care of all our needs. There were several great dishes. Mom and I chose a pizza, which I normally wouldn't do in this type of restaurant because I feel it's more of "finer" dining experience than just pizza. Well, what an excellent choice. The pizza was delicious. It was made with the finest ingredients. It was one of the better pizzas I've had. We are looking forward to going back and having some of their other dishes. The restaurant has a charming ambiance and is incredibly clean. You will not be disappointed choosing this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing and overpricedRILEYVIPDined on 5/11/2014I took my family here because they boasted a Mother's Day Champagne Brunch, were a family-owned restaurant, and was the nicest place in the area with available reservations. It was very nice inside (aside from all the screaming babies) and the service was very attentive. The brunch buffet was quite a large spread with many options, which was good, however, it was obvious that NOTHING was fresh or even made in-house. The salmon, although tasty, was obviously previously frozen. All of the desserts seemed like they were bought frozen and thawed out the previous night and were very dry. Everything from the Au Gratin Potatoes to the meatballs were purchased from Costco and heated up. The champagne was flat. And for this they charged $35 each!
- MagdelenosJanisDined on 4/26/2014We have been to Magdaleno's several times and are glad to see the crowds increase. This family owned restaurant pulls out all the stops to give its customers a good experience. I admit to having the chicken roulade most of the time,but the beef bourguignon ,which my husband had,is excellent. They have some very special desserts as well.Special Features:
- SanDimas2Dined on 4/25/2014Sooo sorry to see the jazz trio gone who played on Friday evenings. That was a distinct highlight for us. Also sorry to see that you have taken Cor don blue off the menu - also a favorite. The piano/singer last Friday was very enjoyable, but not what we were expecting.
- easter brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014Not overly crowded, short wait or no wait for omelets and waffles, prime rib. Large selection of different foods. Nice option for special occasion brunch in the Upland area.Special Features:
- good foodSpeedyDined on 4/5/2014the restaurant had excellent food, however, the portions were not very big and we left hungry. It was disappointing because we paid a good amount, but did not have a lot of food and both our dishes were pasta. I was really hoping for a little more since it tasted really good.Special Features:
- Pistachio salmon was very72of500VIPDined on 3/5/2014Pistachio salmon was very good. Signature salad was large enough to split.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great ,the placeloveditVIPDined on 2/15/2014The food was great ,the place was a little too noisy . They had a party of about 20 people , and the piano player , it was hard to carry on a conversation. But we love the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious up scale diningpbeterbideDined on 2/14/2014I took my wife to dinner for Valentine's Day. The was delicious, the service was excellent. They had a pre fixed menu, I am excited to go back and try there regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place , the foodloveditVIPDined on 2/9/2014Love this place , the food is great, the atmosphere is great .Special Features:
- Wonderfully surprisedLoveGoodFoodVIPDined on 1/24/2014My wife decided to try this restaurant on short notice. We were pleasently surprised by the quality of the food, the choices, and the staff. We will definitely be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The three of us thoroughlyLucyDined on 12/18/2013The three of us thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our lunch. The other two ladies order soups and they said it was the best they had ever eaten-both are world travelers. They raved about the lasagna and sauce. My crepe was absolutely deliciously cooked and the sauce was outstanding. We will return and certainly recommend Magdaleno's to all our friends. Wonderful lunch LucilleSpecial Features:
- Magdalenos Italian Food Restauranttaan42000Dined on 12/8/2013This was a great place to go out to eat at. So far this is the best place I have ever eaten at in Upland when it comes to Italian food. Service was great and unique personalities to go with it. I liked how they dressed up their restaurant with the holiday them and christmas tree. Food was great. I liked everything they had to offer. I only gave it 4stars because it was pricey. Hopefully prices go down in the future and I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to Magdaleno'sBillSDined on 12/1/2013Went with a group of 6 people to Magdaleno's (a first visit for all). It was a quiet Sunday night, so we had very good service from wait staff, management, and bar tender. Entrees included both French dishes and Italian dishes. Overall, the food was adequate, but not spectacular. Coq au Vin was served from a dish tableside as was the boeuf bourgnignon and both dishes were satisfactory. The lasagna was ordered by a couple of guests and they were satisfied with the dish. We tried the escargot and the frogs legs and were not disappointed. However, for French dishes, our judgment is that while the cooking and presentation were "workmanlike", the restaurant does not measure up to standards that we would like to see.Special Features:
- Nice Local Restaurantjtw0405Dined on 11/29/2013Very good food, attractive restaurant and very good service. We had a group of seven and everyone enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a delightful dinnernddulacDined on 10/30/2013We had a delightful dinner at Magdalenos on a quiet Wednesday evening. The restaurant is beautiful and the place was very quiet. I don't know if that is always the case or if it was quiet due to it being Wednesday. The food was great and the prices quite reasonable. we were also able to find a bottle of wine we both enjoyed with the meal. We felt that the wait staff was pretty green and still learning about their jobs. But we were able to look past the (minor) issues there and have a very enjoyable time. I look forward to going back!Special Features:
- quiet and pleasanthapy2bDined on 10/16/2013My family went there for a special occasion after reading good reviews about the place and it was indeed a fancy looking place with not too expansive food, but what really got me was the quietness. I don't know if it was because it was the middle of the week but the place was almost empty except a few others. The place is still new and not too known yet so it's a great place for a nice meal without any screaming children or loud atmosphere. The waitress seemed new but he was nice and we excused any slight mistakes that he committed. The owners were really nice and gave us a free dessert for our special occasion. Overall I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehPaleOneVIPDined on 10/5/2013This was my second visit to Magdaleno's. My first visit was good--the food and service were great--and on that basis I returned. But things had fallen off between my visits. The food was ok, nothing more. For example, my salmon (which was exactly the same thing as I ordered on the previous visit) suffered from a lack of seasoning. A little salt and pepper would have gone a long way to improving it. My husband's pizza (again, the same thing he had previously ordered) was too cheesy/greasy this time around. Our server was good, but she could not overcome the mediocre food. In addition, the restaurant was really dark, so dark that none of us, including the 21 year old, could read the menus without some additional light. Meh all around.
- WonderfulRJArzolaVIPDined on 10/5/2013This was a wonderful dining experience. Service was great. Extremely friendly staff and everyone was really good natured. Our dishes were absolutely delicious and different. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good entrees (chicken rouladeYcookpaysome1else2doitDined on 9/28/2013Good entrees (chicken roulade & fet. alfredo w/shrimp were great) but the sides weren't as good (cream spinach [cream was too runny], and strawberries [tart/bitter s'berries w/creme brulee]. I def wouldn't mind paying more to have better food quality as the bar and ambiance were very nice. Not busy for Sat nite (8pm, only 20% full). This is the type of place u can spend $50 for two or $100+ for two. Alcohol, dessert, and extra sides are reasonably priced but entree price ranges variably ($15-$40). Since menu wasn't available on OpenTable when i visited: Chicken Roulade $17, Fet. Alf. Shrimp $21.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good good in a great atmosphere. A72of500VIPDined on 8/23/2013Good good in a great atmosphere. A very nice jazz trio played at just the right volume to allow normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food well prepared and presentedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2013food well prepared and presented . wine list appropriate for area. well priced. family owned and it shows. great findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2013My boyfriend and I came here for a special occasion and the experience here was absolutely amazing. The service was friendly and professional, they gave us enough time to choose our food and were very attentive, they were very familiar with their wine election and helped us pick the perfect one to compliment our meal. House bread was soft and delicious, the appetizers were flavorful, the main dishes were exquisite and the dessert was to die for! Plus, we had a live piano player, who looked very young, but was great! definitely recommend this spot for a special occasion or when you just want to indulge yourself with delicious food. Next time im coming here for their drinks. Looks like there bar is well stocked, so i will try that next time!Special Features:
- New favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/30/2013Good menu, ambiance and service; would highly recommend for any looking for a special place for an upscale mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit by choiceSanDimas2Dined on 7/19/2013Our second visit, because the first one was so pleasant. Friday entertainment terrific. Food well done, even some of the old standards like the coq au Vin. Wine list needs expansion and a sommelier to consult with wait staff. Look forward to visit three.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2013This was our second dining experience at Magdelanos and the food is outstanding. I have now had both french and Italian entree's and they were wonderful. Rivaling or better than much more expensive restaurants. Great bread to start, the house wedge salad is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebrationjake33VIPDined on 7/13/2013Took my mom here for her 83rd Birthday. Great food and very caring staff. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Good Restaurant Find in UplandRussNBobbieDined on 6/29/2013Finally a nicely appointed, somewhat upscale restaurant in Upland with a reasonably priced menu. The chicken marsala and chicken Roule were excellent. The house wine was reasonably priced and the aroma from the complementary fresh bread teased the senses. A good band, the Pack, played in the bar, however, we plan to return on Friday nite for the jazz in the dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dinning Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2013We had gone there once before and were not disappointed therefore we recommended it to meet up with our best couple friends. Amazing service, food was excellent and the music in the back ground with the three man combo was excellent. It is such a beautiful environment to participate with. We also found out that at night time there is a separate bar on the premises that caters to the Karaoke crowd and those who just want to stop by for a bar/drink experience. The exhumes nothing but quality and a positive experience.Special Features:
- Nice new spotDia17Dined on 6/15/2013I have driven by several times and met the owner at his other restaurants. The other establishments had the best food, so I thought I would try this one as well, and like I thought ! The best...they also have live entertainment on the weekendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new gemSJRegularVIPDined on 5/18/2013My son recommended this for his graduation dinner. I was a little skeptical given the location, but it was excellent.Several people had steaks, which were great. My wife had CHicken Marsala which was also great. I had Chicken Parm - well executed with twice as much pasta as I expected. The service was friendly and attentive. The menu had something for everyone. The prices were excellent and the quality was great. For all the Claremont College families looking for somewhere to take their students for a special night out, I highly recommend this place - great food, no crowds, tons of parking - much more relaxed than the crowded Clareberry scene on busy event weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Mothers Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/20132 starters, Gorgonzola fries & Meatballs were ok. But, entree's poor. I had seafood pasta which was ok & the best of the 4 meals. Wife had beef bourgignon & it was served to hot. This is typically served with wide pasta but they chose spaghetti because they had run out of fettucine. It was an odd choice & they should have asked before making the substitution. Worse there was very little beef in the stew. The flavor was fine but poorly done overall. Daughter had chicken alfredo & they did tell her about no fettucine & she subbed rigatoni. But the chicken was dry & flavor off. Son had clam chowder in bread bowl. They ran out of bread bowls & didn't tell him till they brought the food out. Finally, no bread for the table & they were not busy
- Very disappointed with ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2013Very disappointed with our meal. We had 7:30 pm reservations and how can you be out of mushroom gravy so early in the night. We had the steak and it seemed to have been cut in half for the both of us. Steak and fries? We aren't children. Where was the bake potatoe?
- Great food and service- aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2013Great food and service- a very pleasent experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Friday evening soft jazSanDimas2Dined on 4/26/2013The Friday evening soft jaz trio was terrific - both enjoyable and a major contribution to the overall ambiance.Special Features:
- Definitely a place that wefoody2Dined on 4/24/2013Definitely a place that we will go back to. The food was excellent. Menu contains a lot of unique items.Special Features: