Maestro's at the Van Dam
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Maestro's at the Van Dam
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.maestrosatthevandam.com/
- Phone: (518) 580-0312
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Danny Petrosino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment every Thursday, Friday & Saturday in the Bar & Bar Lounge. Find more information on our website and Facebook.
A word from Maestro's at the Van Dam
A gathering place for exceptional food and drink, Maestro's is located in the historic former Rip Van Dam Hotel, the largest surviving hotel from before the civil war in Saratoga Springs, New York. Join us for lunch, dinner or libations in this unique 1840s setting. Whether dining in our 90-seat dining room or enjoying the summer breeze outside on our columned stone terrace, you'll marvel at our exceptional menu designed daily to tantalize your taste buds. Our unique and ever-changing cuisine will appease a wide range of appetites, whether yearning for a burger and an ice cold brew, planning a special event, or gathering friends for dinner. Better yet, let the region's most popular chef Danny Petrosino "put love on a plate". Join us as Maestro's makes its own history in the Rip Van Dam Hotel right here on Broadway in Saratoga Springs, NY.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Maestro's at the Van Dam - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
Maestro's at the Van Dam reviews from OpenTable diners
205 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (129)fit for foodies (109)special occasion (94)neighborhood gem (70)romantic (58)great for lunch (57)vibrant bar scene (49)hot spot (48)notable wine list (44)good for groups (43)scenic view (26)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (6)Show More
- maestros is a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014always enjoy dining at maestros service is great, friendly waitstaff and the new decor is chic and very inviting. im glad the chocolate is still served for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Scallop s and lobster risotto delicious. Excellent wine list. Our server Ryan was excellent .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foreverforward54Dined on 11/15/2014Liked it better under previous owner/chef. Will give it another try. Server was very good
- CreoVIPDined on 11/15/2014Good food Lovely room Great bark to end the affairSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but,melbrandoDined on 11/14/2014I've visited Maestros for lunch and dinner many times over several years. I find the latest renovation has taken Maestros back a few steps. Because of the lighting, guests look blue-ish. It's lost it's comfortable, warm night time ambiance. Food is still very good. Service is excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening out at MaestrosKinderVIPDined on 11/8/2014Once again an impeccable dining experience at maestros. We are from Boston, and yearly we make the trek to saratoga that includes a dinner at Maestros. On this trip, we learned of the new chef. But no worries, Our meals were top notch. Braised short rib just as good as the old. Our waiter Benny was the best!!!! The place was packed! But service was spot on! Cannot wait to return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014One of our favorite restaurants in Saratoga. The food was very good.Special Features:
- Always a delightHughDined on 11/2/2014You really can't have a bad experience here. They never disappoint.Special Features:
- Fine diningPattihDined on 11/1/2014The food could not have been better nor the atmosphere or staff. Everyone went out of their way to make everything perfect.Special Features:
- Great food, service could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Set up reservations, and the table was not ready for another half hour. we were told to go to the bar, Needed to keep checking with the hostess to remind her that we had reservations. Once we had a table the service was excellent and the food was great.Special Features:
- Top in Saratoga SpringsHere2exploreDined on 10/31/2014Enjoyed very good food. The service experience is what made the dinner remarkable beyond the next 10 days. Professional knowledge, vigilant and supportive with a very personal touch. It was a pleasure!Special Features:
- great food. unattractive roomgoodcook61Dined on 10/25/2014Our food was great. Shrimp bruschetta and crab cake to start. Swordfish and duck for entrees. Truly delicious. But. Our waiter seemed to be a somewhat unhappy person altho competent. Mostly, the atmosphere was simply disappointing. Brightly lit. Generic paintings. Colors in the room unappealing. Not consistent with Maestros reputation as an upscale restaurant and inconsistent with Saratogas reputation as a place with character. A step down from ordinary. Should this matter? It does if its a special occasion. Also, I had noted that this was a birthday and no effort was taken. Lastly, the prosecco available by the glass was really the poorest available. One final thing the outside porch is beautiful. I will be back in the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maestro's at the Van DamGEM50Dined on 10/25/2014It was their 2nd evening under new owner and chef. They had their staff well-trained and ready for the large crowd on hand. They wisely kept some of the largely favored entree choices from the last owner (like braised short ribs) and added new dishes as well. All four of our meals were excellent, which included both meat and seafood and the chocolate bark capping off dinner is always a treat. The calamari appetizer was the only disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Chef, New Owner - Still goodLocalCoupleDined on 10/24/2014Time will tell if what we have loved about this restaurant will remain. But so far, so good.Special Features:
- Nice place to have dinnerlashelizVIPDined on 10/24/2014It is expensive, the food was good, service good. It wasn't the most memorable place, but if you are in town and want a nice/fancy place to eat, this is a good option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedSaratogaTheaDined on 10/24/2014Superior service. Absolutely exquisite meal. Scallops with Lobster Risotto perfectly prepared and amazingly delicious. Beautiful Fall evening we sat outside. Great idea to have the heat lamps to extend the outdoor season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High EndNPAConferenceDined on 10/24/2014I always make a stop when I am in Saratoga Springs and am never disappointed. I highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maestro' reopeningRicDDined on 10/24/2014We dined at Maestros the 2nd night of their reopening with a new chef. Still great food and the same friendly waitstaff. And the same high noise level. New decor is nice and you still get the chocolates at the end of the night. Still one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CulinarykitchenVIPDined on 10/24/2014Nice to be there for opening night after 11-day remodel. Service was extraordinary; I highly recommend Katie. the kale and beet salad is a must have. Italian Tuscan beans brought to the table with warm bread was lovely. Baby calamari small plate was a bit fishy and I'm not sure the "sweet" in the dish worked. Lovely location in downtown shopping district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great menu,good serviceBillkenDined on 10/24/2014Other than our fine dinning experiance,we were dissapointed that a young male guest (18 to 25) who was sitting at a table next to ours,was allowed to dine wearing a undershirt,"not too classy",. For such a fine restaurant, with dinner and coctails costing $185.00 /couple, a dress code should be required. We have had as many as 16 guest attending Maestro's for a family dinner party, including children,and all properly dressed.Special Features:
- DaveBDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food and service was outstanding. Had a great waiter, David. Awesome service and very entertaining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WarrenMann ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Lovely downtown restaurant in Saratoga Springs; wide food selection for lunch and broad veranda for outdoor seating; meal concluded with a complimentary serving of dark chocolate; our party of four was enchantedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in SaratogaVlySummitVIPDined on 10/1/2014Traveling with an old friend, and Saratoga surprised us with its many choices of good restaurants. Maestro's is a big, pleasant space, good lighting, attentive but not oppressive service. I had a glass of pinto grigio that was lovely, and we split an entree salad and one of the steak dishes, then had the best sea salt caramel gelato ever. Completely satisfactory.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DinnerGSSusanVIPDined on 9/27/2014I was excited to bring my family to Maestros for a special Birthday dinner for my daughter. Everyone was happy with the many choices on the menu. Food was served quickly and efficiently. our waitress was attentive but not overbearing. Only complaint was the noise level in the dining room. I had eaten there before but only for lunch or on the terrace. It was difficult to carry on a conversation with all at the table. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Since I live locally, I enjoy taking friends to Maestro 's. We were seated on time and received our drinks and ordered. Dining room was very busy. Received our salads and then waited and waited for our entrees. We were seated at 7:30 and it was now 8:45. My daughter went to talk to the hostess and manager came. He was very nice and apologized for the wait. He offered compensation for our meals. My faith was restored in your establishment. A very nice gesture. Will continue to bring friends who come to visit .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Danny does it againUSFoodie1Dined on 9/27/2014We just had the best meal we've had in a long time. Quality and service was excellent. Thanks for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect date nightfoodie333Dined on 9/26/2014Was not disappointed at all the wine food and dessert were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!SaratogianVIPDined on 9/25/2014The pumpkin soup was outstanding! Salads are always fresh! Wait staff attentive! A favorite place to dine!Special Features:
- A TreatOntheroadVIPDined on 9/23/2014The food--my one dish, a salmon salad--was surprisingly well cooked. Attractively presented, and the salmon, which I ordered medium rare, was perfectly cooked. The service was also excellent: timely, informative without overbearance, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SharonDined on 9/20/2014We don't even live there and we love Maestro's! Our daughter and son-in-law live there and we go there almost every time we're in town for a visit. Everything on the menu always sounds so good, we always have a hard time deciding what to get. And we've always had a great meal, whether it's just a dinner or lunch salad, burger (with those awesome tater tots!), or a soup and appetizer and an entrée. They never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSmiltenDined on 9/19/2014Had such a good time at Maestro's. Definitely will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/19/2014We've been there several times and each time we have a fabulous dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls' Night OutCPGalDined on 9/16/2014Maestro's was excellent for a girls' night out dinner. It's great that the menu ranges from smaller plates and simple meals to full dinners. Maestro's chef takes those seemingly simpler items, like a burger or steak sandwich, and adds interesting twists. The server was highly attentive and really stressed how everything is made in house. Truly enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- FantasticBonrodDined on 9/13/2014Everything from the food,ambiance and service was phenomenal. We go once a year on our Anniversary to Saratoga and have to visit this restaurant. We had Ryan our waiter for also a second year in a row, he is amazing. Truly a wonderful experience every time.Special Features:
- Very noisy Friday EveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Previous experience at Maestros was lovely. Friday evening's dinner was frustrating for us and our guests. Arrived on time and welcomed well. Server was experienced, available, knowledgable, thorough and friendly but not gushing. Gave us time to re-aquaint with our friends. Offered helpful suggestions & answered all our questions wonderfully. Food arrived promptly, prepared according to our wishes, presented beautifully and tasted fabulous. Background conversation noise and spillover from the bar, including the musician steadily increased in volume so that practically any conversation was impossible except for the person beside us. Server shared that renovations coming soon to raise ceiling & lessen problem. I hope so!
- A SPECIAL IN TOWN PLACEBostonjoeyDined on 9/11/2014Maestro's at the Van Dam is one of Saratoga's very best restaurants. Casual elegance with exquisite presentation of appetizers and entrees. The wine list is robust, the setting unmatchable inside or out. I could not reccomend it more.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceLoveSaratogaDined on 9/1/2014Been to different restaurants in Saratoga, NY but just discovered this gem. Wonderful experience, enhanced by a very attentive waiter.Special Features:
- Reliable choice in SaratogaHowth123Dined on 8/30/2014Outdoor is better experience in good weather. Indoor dining room is a bit dark and dated. Food is of good quality and wide range of choice. Service is good. Dependable choice year over year.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing tuna from Cape cod!DrDonnaNJDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful special! Good service on busy sat night over labor day . Nice bar with music. Had nice Chilean white wine. Outdoors is place to be if weather good. Also it's an historic spot and good location on broadway. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Awesome experienceVPfromLongIslandDined on 8/30/2014We enjoy Maestro's every time we are in Saratoga and this time was no exception. The food is always top notch and the service awesome. Their chef has a flair for creating fine meals! A must go to when in Saratoga!!Special Features: