Maestro's at the Van Dam
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Maestro's at the Van Dam
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.maestrosatthevandam.com/
- Phone: 5185800312x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 7 Days per week 11:30am - 4pm Dinner: 7 Days per week 4pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John LaPosta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Entertainment: Live music in the lounge 7 nights per week. Jazz & Singer Songwriter
A word from Maestro's at the Van Dam
Great food, great hosptality, and a great new space. We feature a classic bar and lounge, beautiful dining room and an amazing raised terrace for outdoor dining right on Broadway. Everything we serve we make here. One of our new features are homemade sausages and burgers cooked over lump charcoal. Our mission is to "put the love on the plate". Our culinary team is the most talented and most passionate team in the area. Our service staff has the power to "just say yes" to all customer's needs and wishes. We also feature a great Chef's table that accomodates up to 14 people. A perfect setting for a celebration. We serve great food in a casual and fun atmosphere with no pretense and warm hospitality. Please understand absolutely no reservations are accepted on the outdoor terrace. Outdoor dining is on a first come first serve basis. Reservations made are for inside only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Maestro's at the Van Dam - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
Maestro's at the Van Dam reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (183)special occasion (123)fit for foodies (112)neighborhood gem (90)romantic (75)hot spot (67)great for lunch (64)vibrant bar scene (61)notable wine list (54)good for groups (51)scenic view (45)great for brunch (22)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Everything from the food,ambiance and service was phenomenal. We go once a year on our Anniversary to Saratoga and have to visit this restaurant. We had Ryan our waiter for also a second year in a row, he is amazing. Truly a wonderful experience every time.Special Features:
- Very noisy Friday EveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Previous experience at Maestros was lovely. Friday evening's dinner was frustrating for us and our guests. Arrived on time and welcomed well. Server was experienced, available, knowledgable, thorough and friendly but not gushing. Gave us time to re-aquaint with our friends. Offered helpful suggestions & answered all our questions wonderfully. Food arrived promptly, prepared according to our wishes, presented beautifully and tasted fabulous. Background conversation noise and spillover from the bar, including the musician steadily increased in volume so that practically any conversation was impossible except for the person beside us. Server shared that renovations coming soon to raise ceiling & lessen problem. I hope so!
- A SPECIAL IN TOWN PLACEBostonjoeyDined on 9/11/2014Maestro's at the Van Dam is one of Saratoga's very best restaurants. Casual elegance with exquisite presentation of appetizers and entrees. The wine list is robust, the setting unmatchable inside or out. I could not reccomend it more.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceLoveSaratogaDined on 9/1/2014Been to different restaurants in Saratoga, NY but just discovered this gem. Wonderful experience, enhanced by a very attentive waiter.Special Features:
- Reliable choice in SaratogaHowth123Dined on 8/30/2014Outdoor is better experience in good weather. Indoor dining room is a bit dark and dated. Food is of good quality and wide range of choice. Service is good. Dependable choice year over year.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing tuna from Cape cod!DrDonnaNJDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful special! Good service on busy sat night over labor day . Nice bar with music. Had nice Chilean white wine. Outdoors is place to be if weather good. Also it's an historic spot and good location on broadway. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Awesome experienceVPfromLongIslandDined on 8/30/2014We enjoy Maestro's every time we are in Saratoga and this time was no exception. The food is always top notch and the service awesome. Their chef has a flair for creating fine meals! A must go to when in Saratoga!!Special Features:
- MAESTRO'S AT THE VAN DAM WOWED USCTRoseDined on 8/28/2014I am a former Saratoga Springs Resident but had not been in the Dining Room at the Van Dam in over 20 years. My friend from CT was awed by the Historical integrity of the building. The food was excellent and our waiter was wonderful.Special Features:
- DisappointingAndyDined on 8/28/2014Quality of food for our party ranged from poor to good. Presentation was substandard. Cocktails disappointed.
- Chocolate LoverSaratogianDined on 8/28/2014Excellent entrees but I would love for them to expand soup choices especially in the fall. Love the special complimentary chocolate bark offered at the end of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of our all-time favorites...GoodFoodMatters2Dined on 8/27/2014Hands-down a must go restaurant in picturesque downtown Saratoga Springs...try to get porch table in season. we lived in Saratoga Springs for number of years and now visit from North Carolina. Amidst a swarm of good restaurants in this upstate NY mecca, Maestro's has continued to delight us from its humble beginnings down the street. The fish or meat dish quality, menu choices, and professional service have been superb and have only become better in their beautiful location at the historic Van Dam building overlooking main street. No matter what you order, be prepared to be pleasantly surprised from appetizer to dessert.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceDonaldVIPDined on 8/27/2014Lovely venue. If you can sit outside, even better. Had lobster roll. Outstanding. Wait staff very attentive and pleasant. If you are in Saratoga this is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive Service -LoriDined on 8/27/2014We dined at Maestro's after a long day at the track. It was relaxing, excellent service, and the food was good.Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014We went to Maestro's at the Van Dam on Monday evening after a fun-filled day at the race track. The staff was lovely (particularly our waitress, Bonnie) as was the atmosphere on the terrace on a gorgeous evening. They offered a children's menu and both our 8 and 12 year old loved their steak and burger. We went with Bonnie's recommendations for the lobster fricassee appetizer and the special seared sushi grade tuna as our main course. They specialty cocktail (name I can't recall) was delicious! Had tequila, valencia orange juice, prosecco, etc-yummy! The meal ended with a complimentary round of insanely good dark chocolate with nuts-scrumptious! Would return in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Strong and SteadypetepicDined on 8/23/2014Continues to be a standout in Saratoga. Their transition from small intimate eatery (3 years ago) to full scale restaurant has remained true without any drop off of quality. Aside from the top notch food, I still have to say though my favorite part of the dinning experience is the passed, after dinner, home made, complimentary dark chocolate/almond bark. Perfect for finishing up that last few sips of wine. Bravo Maestro!! See you next yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Travers EveningmaggieDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed the restaurant on Saturday evening, day of Travers, which is always busy in Saratoga. We had a 9 pm reservation and were able to get to the time moved to 7:45 p.m. which really was so much more doable for us. We had had a long day at the track and really did not want to wait that long for dinner. Our food and beverages were just perfect and we loved our meal. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love MaestrosyummersDined on 8/23/2014Food and cocktails were excellent, but I've had the duck appetizer in a sandwich and on slices of bread, I was disappointed with the egg roll style. You could barely taste the duck because it was so fried up. I usually try to sit outside for dinner/drinks, but it was too busy - I wish the inside didn't feel like a hotel but an elegant restaurant. However the bar seating is great too!Special Features:
- Saratoga GemOldPiratesDined on 8/23/2014We had a lovely dinner. The food was very good and the service friendly and professional. I would eat there again.Special Features:
- Classy & Fun!KyTravelerDined on 8/22/2014We had 4 at dinner and had planned to sit on the porch outside facing Broadway but it was a little chilly that evening. The Angus Filet and the Swordfish were excellent as well as the crab salad. The shrimp for the table appetizer was excellent but the lamb chop appetizer was a little disappointing. The best part of our visit to Maestro's was the service. Very prompt and attentive. A little expensive but definately worth a visit on a trip to Saratoga Springs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantCharlieTDined on 8/21/2014We have been dining at Maestro's for nine years and never disappointed with service, outstanding food and the homemade chocolate desert. John is extremely creative and a very masterful chef. John does a wonderful job marketing Maestro's online with wine specials and creative dishes that are outstanding. Of all the restaurants we visited in Saratoga during Travers Week this is my number 1 favorite by far in fact we dine there twice during our stay in Saratoga..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningDivaDined on 8/21/2014We ordered Crab Louie Salad and Swordfish on Pineapple Coucous. Both were ample portions and very delicious. We would recommend this restaurant to those who appreciate fine food in an upscale setting. The restaurant was a bit noisy, but it was August, Saratoga"s busiest time and people had just come from the races. This may become one of our favorite places in Saratoga.Special Features:
- Love Maestro's!BoltonLocalDined on 8/20/2014We have been coming to Maestro's for years and it has always been wonderful. Typically we are there for a late lunch and sit on the veranda. We love his although do note that the street traffic can be a bit noisy at times. Last nigh we dined inside for the first time and it was very nice. The service was attentive and friendly even though the dining room was very busy. Food is delicious. At the end of the meal you are offered their lovely homemade dark chocolate...! The bar is also very nice and they offer a happy hour with a generous hors d'oeuvres.Special Features:
- AnnBVIPDined on 8/20/2014Food was great as usual, also the mixed drinks were terrific and the wine selection varied with a lot of interesting choices. Our server, Sydney was helpful and charming, adding a lot to our enjoyment of the evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable issueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014I kept reservation, checked in & tried for terrace seating but booked for 45 mins. Went ahead and had a very delicious lunch in their dining room. Hopefully issue resolved as I kept reservation.Special Features:
- Great food and service4girlsforfunDined on 8/18/2014We were aparty of 6 and we were impressed with the menu selections and thr service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close MissAnneDined on 8/18/2014The restaurant is a little pretentious, and that goes for the wait staff, the decor, and to some extent the food. It was also quite dark. Two of our party used flashlight devices to read the menu. Some people like that I know, but I thought it was a little over done. It was also cold. The combination of stiffness, chill and dark overshadowed what could have been a really good dining experience. We all enjoyed the food, but we will not go back.
- New Wine List, great serviceLouisVIPDined on 8/18/2014Our server Jay was especially helpful with our menu selections. It was nice to see some new champagnes and wines on the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kathleenDined on 8/17/20143rd time here - consistently good - great location in SaratogaSpecial Features:
- Great MealhungrytravelerVIPDined on 8/16/2014As always Tina and John's restaurant surpasses expectations. A++Special Features:
- Starting to SlipOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014We are annual summer visitors to Saratoga and always dine at Maestros often. Unfortunately our experience this time didn't measure up. The Kale salad and the beet salad were both good and my spouse's bucatini was good. I had Red Snapper which was a special. It was overlooked, chewy,fishy tasting and did not seem fresh. The sauce and barley preparation was tasteless. It was clear from the food left on my plate that I did not enjoy it but the waiter didn't seem to notice. We would give this place a second chance because we've always had great meals here but this was inexcusable for a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The receptionist was pleasant....allowed us to chose our table as the dining room was unoccupied upon arrival. The service was very good.....food was o.k. for this type of townI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodEliseDined on 8/15/2014The food was fresh and they had a good array of satisfying many palettes. Although it was chilly when we were there and had to eat indoors, the ambience was very good as well. Service was excellent, and staff friendly. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Jason7fromScotchPlainsVIPDined on 8/15/2014If you are in Saratoga, Maestro's is without a doubt a MUST for you to dine at. PERIOD. Sometimes the shortest reviews can be the best. Our 3rd time in 3 years and it keeps getting better.Special Features:
- Maestro at the Van DamTheFineArtofDiningDined on 8/15/2014Was not at all impressed with the food, nothing stood out as memorable and the wall in the dining room should come down to open the place up and give everyone a view of Broadway. It's dark and feels claustrophobic if you're on the wrong side of the wall. Would not go back to sit inside, however the view if you're dining on the porch somewhat makes up for the lackluster food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Would have been A+ but didn't take my Saratoga Downtown gift card even though they advertise that they do. Some crock about systems not registering the cards. Don't advertise you take them if you really don't. I was out 50$ because of their "system". Otherwise everything was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maestro'- on BroadwayJohnCDined on 8/14/2014We had read the menu ahead of time and "had some good ideas" what to eat; however their specials were a good alternative. The Chowda dish was great and sorta reminded me of New England. The Etouffe salmon was great as well. The dessert with the French press coffee was a wonderful surprise. This place is on our list for top choice for dinners in Saratoga. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChangedToughCookieDined on 8/14/2014We come every August & look forward to having Dinner at Maestro's after all these years something was different. The noise level was beyond irritating to there credit they offered an alternate but it was too late. Service from Matt was very good. The food presentation was jus o.k.. Everything was just o.k. Not great as in the past. Something is different perhaps this was the first time the Chef wasn't present watching everything. I understand they'll be renovating after Track Season. Hopefully it wii be a good thing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We were greeted warmly and friendly with lots of smiles & hellos upon entering the outside patio by hostess, buskids, servers etc., thats where the friendliness ended. Once inside, hostesses were not friendly or helpful. We asked to be seated outside and they seemed annoyed. Food was very good, great lobster roll. Once seated outside, we had a nice time.Special Features:
- LicramDined on 8/13/2014Crab Louie salad not quite up to par. But all else was excellent.Special Features:
- BuntzVIPDined on 8/12/2014Very fine meal eating outdoors on Maestro's patio overlooking the main drag in Saratoga. Very friendly service in addition to great food. We only get to Saratoga once a summer, but we will dine here again when we do.Special Features: