Maestro's at the Van Dam
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Maestro's at the Van Dam
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.maestrosatthevandam.com/
- Phone: 5185800312x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 7 Days per week 11:30am - 4pm Dinner: 7 Days per week 4pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John LaPosta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Entertainment: Live music in the lounge 7 nights per week. Jazz & Singer Songwriter
A word from Maestro's at the Van Dam
Great food, great hosptality, and a great new space. We feature a classic bar and lounge, beautiful dining room and an amazing raised terrace for outdoor dining right on Broadway. Everything we serve we make here. One of our new features are homemade sausages and burgers cooked over lump charcoal. Our mission is to "put the love on the plate". Our culinary team is the most talented and most passionate team in the area. Our service staff has the power to "just say yes" to all customer's needs and wishes. We also feature a great Chef's table that accomodates up to 14 people. A perfect setting for a celebration. We serve great food in a casual and fun atmosphere with no pretense and warm hospitality. Please understand absolutely no reservations are accepted on the outdoor terrace. Outdoor dining is on a first come first serve basis. Reservations made are for inside only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Maestro's at the Van Dam - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
Maestro's at the Van Dam reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (183)special occasion (127)fit for foodies (115)neighborhood gem (82)romantic (69)great for lunch (67)hot spot (64)vibrant bar scene (59)notable wine list (54)good for groups (51)scenic view (49)great for brunch (23)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (13)Show More
- Great dining experienceDonaldVIPDined on 8/27/2014Lovely venue. If you can sit outside, even better. Had lobster roll. Outstanding. Wait staff very attentive and pleasant. If you are in Saratoga this is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive Service -LoriDined on 8/27/2014We dined at Maestro's after a long day at the track. It was relaxing, excellent service, and the food was good.Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014We went to Maestro's at the Van Dam on Monday evening after a fun-filled day at the race track. The staff was lovely (particularly our waitress, Bonnie) as was the atmosphere on the terrace on a gorgeous evening. They offered a children's menu and both our 8 and 12 year old loved their steak and burger. We went with Bonnie's recommendations for the lobster fricassee appetizer and the special seared sushi grade tuna as our main course. They specialty cocktail (name I can't recall) was delicious! Had tequila, valencia orange juice, prosecco, etc-yummy! The meal ended with a complimentary round of insanely good dark chocolate with nuts-scrumptious! Would return in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Strong and SteadypetepicDined on 8/23/2014Continues to be a standout in Saratoga. Their transition from small intimate eatery (3 years ago) to full scale restaurant has remained true without any drop off of quality. Aside from the top notch food, I still have to say though my favorite part of the dinning experience is the passed, after dinner, home made, complimentary dark chocolate/almond bark. Perfect for finishing up that last few sips of wine. Bravo Maestro!! See you next yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Travers EveningmaggieDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed the restaurant on Saturday evening, day of Travers, which is always busy in Saratoga. We had a 9 pm reservation and were able to get to the time moved to 7:45 p.m. which really was so much more doable for us. We had had a long day at the track and really did not want to wait that long for dinner. Our food and beverages were just perfect and we loved our meal. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love MaestrosyummersDined on 8/23/2014Food and cocktails were excellent, but I've had the duck appetizer in a sandwich and on slices of bread, I was disappointed with the egg roll style. You could barely taste the duck because it was so fried up. I usually try to sit outside for dinner/drinks, but it was too busy - I wish the inside didn't feel like a hotel but an elegant restaurant. However the bar seating is great too!Special Features:
- Saratoga GemOldPiratesDined on 8/23/2014We had a lovely dinner. The food was very good and the service friendly and professional. I would eat there again.Special Features:
- Classy & Fun!KyTravelerDined on 8/22/2014We had 4 at dinner and had planned to sit on the porch outside facing Broadway but it was a little chilly that evening. The Angus Filet and the Swordfish were excellent as well as the crab salad. The shrimp for the table appetizer was excellent but the lamb chop appetizer was a little disappointing. The best part of our visit to Maestro's was the service. Very prompt and attentive. A little expensive but definately worth a visit on a trip to Saratoga Springs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantCharlieTDined on 8/21/2014We have been dining at Maestro's for nine years and never disappointed with service, outstanding food and the homemade chocolate desert. John is extremely creative and a very masterful chef. John does a wonderful job marketing Maestro's online with wine specials and creative dishes that are outstanding. Of all the restaurants we visited in Saratoga during Travers Week this is my number 1 favorite by far in fact we dine there twice during our stay in Saratoga..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningDivaDined on 8/21/2014We ordered Crab Louie Salad and Swordfish on Pineapple Coucous. Both were ample portions and very delicious. We would recommend this restaurant to those who appreciate fine food in an upscale setting. The restaurant was a bit noisy, but it was August, Saratoga"s busiest time and people had just come from the races. This may become one of our favorite places in Saratoga.Special Features:
- Love Maestro's!BoltonLocalDined on 8/20/2014We have been coming to Maestro's for years and it has always been wonderful. Typically we are there for a late lunch and sit on the veranda. We love his although do note that the street traffic can be a bit noisy at times. Last nigh we dined inside for the first time and it was very nice. The service was attentive and friendly even though the dining room was very busy. Food is delicious. At the end of the meal you are offered their lovely homemade dark chocolate...! The bar is also very nice and they offer a happy hour with a generous hors d'oeuvres.Special Features:
- AnnBVIPDined on 8/20/2014Food was great as usual, also the mixed drinks were terrific and the wine selection varied with a lot of interesting choices. Our server, Sydney was helpful and charming, adding a lot to our enjoyment of the evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable issueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014I kept reservation, checked in & tried for terrace seating but booked for 45 mins. Went ahead and had a very delicious lunch in their dining room. Hopefully issue resolved as I kept reservation.Special Features:
- Great food and service4girlsforfunDined on 8/18/2014We were aparty of 6 and we were impressed with the menu selections and thr service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close MissAnneDined on 8/18/2014The restaurant is a little pretentious, and that goes for the wait staff, the decor, and to some extent the food. It was also quite dark. Two of our party used flashlight devices to read the menu. Some people like that I know, but I thought it was a little over done. It was also cold. The combination of stiffness, chill and dark overshadowed what could have been a really good dining experience. We all enjoyed the food, but we will not go back.
- New Wine List, great serviceLouisVIPDined on 8/18/2014Our server Jay was especially helpful with our menu selections. It was nice to see some new champagnes and wines on the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kathleenDined on 8/17/20143rd time here - consistently good - great location in SaratogaSpecial Features:
- Great MealhungrytravelerVIPDined on 8/16/2014As always Tina and John's restaurant surpasses expectations. A++Special Features:
- Starting to SlipOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014We are annual summer visitors to Saratoga and always dine at Maestros often. Unfortunately our experience this time didn't measure up. The Kale salad and the beet salad were both good and my spouse's bucatini was good. I had Red Snapper which was a special. It was overlooked, chewy,fishy tasting and did not seem fresh. The sauce and barley preparation was tasteless. It was clear from the food left on my plate that I did not enjoy it but the waiter didn't seem to notice. We would give this place a second chance because we've always had great meals here but this was inexcusable for a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The receptionist was pleasant....allowed us to chose our table as the dining room was unoccupied upon arrival. The service was very good.....food was o.k. for this type of townI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodEliseDined on 8/15/2014The food was fresh and they had a good array of satisfying many palettes. Although it was chilly when we were there and had to eat indoors, the ambience was very good as well. Service was excellent, and staff friendly. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Jason7fromScotchPlainsVIPDined on 8/15/2014If you are in Saratoga, Maestro's is without a doubt a MUST for you to dine at. PERIOD. Sometimes the shortest reviews can be the best. Our 3rd time in 3 years and it keeps getting better.Special Features:
- Maestro at the Van DamTheFineArtofDiningDined on 8/15/2014Was not at all impressed with the food, nothing stood out as memorable and the wall in the dining room should come down to open the place up and give everyone a view of Broadway. It's dark and feels claustrophobic if you're on the wrong side of the wall. Would not go back to sit inside, however the view if you're dining on the porch somewhat makes up for the lackluster food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Would have been A+ but didn't take my Saratoga Downtown gift card even though they advertise that they do. Some crock about systems not registering the cards. Don't advertise you take them if you really don't. I was out 50$ because of their "system". Otherwise everything was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maestro'- on BroadwayJohnCDined on 8/14/2014We had read the menu ahead of time and "had some good ideas" what to eat; however their specials were a good alternative. The Chowda dish was great and sorta reminded me of New England. The Etouffe salmon was great as well. The dessert with the French press coffee was a wonderful surprise. This place is on our list for top choice for dinners in Saratoga. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChangedToughCookieDined on 8/14/2014We come every August & look forward to having Dinner at Maestro's after all these years something was different. The noise level was beyond irritating to there credit they offered an alternate but it was too late. Service from Matt was very good. The food presentation was jus o.k.. Everything was just o.k. Not great as in the past. Something is different perhaps this was the first time the Chef wasn't present watching everything. I understand they'll be renovating after Track Season. Hopefully it wii be a good thing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We were greeted warmly and friendly with lots of smiles & hellos upon entering the outside patio by hostess, buskids, servers etc., thats where the friendliness ended. Once inside, hostesses were not friendly or helpful. We asked to be seated outside and they seemed annoyed. Food was very good, great lobster roll. Once seated outside, we had a nice time.Special Features:
- LicramDined on 8/13/2014Crab Louie salad not quite up to par. But all else was excellent.Special Features:
- BuntzVIPDined on 8/12/2014Very fine meal eating outdoors on Maestro's patio overlooking the main drag in Saratoga. Very friendly service in addition to great food. We only get to Saratoga once a summer, but we will dine here again when we do.Special Features:
- Not a fine dining experienceGrannyVIPDined on 8/11/2014While I have read that many people liked the food, my husband and I did not. We had different lobster dishes both tasted old, bland, not fresh. We started with overly sweet cocktails that were returned. They did not charge us for them. The restaurant was full and the service was good. And it is a comfortable place. But the food was not good.
- Maestro's at the Van Dam OutdoorsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014We enjoyed very much our time at Maestro's. The food was excellent. We all had very different meals and they were all good. My wife had the Maine "fricassee and raved about it. A bit pricey at $25 for an appetizer but very good. A good amount of lobster. We ate on the front porch and the only complaint we had was the constant stream of motorcycles through town. It frequently made the noise levels extremely high. We'll probably sit inside during our next visit. I'd highly recommend Maestro's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant!Suelovestodine29Dined on 8/11/2014Maestro's at the Van Dam is a truly fantastic restaurant with absolutely delicious food and excellent service!! From the complimentary white bean hummus in a delicious balsamic vinaigrette to start, to my lobster salad roll on a buttery, grilled roll with homemade coleslaw and the best French fries ever, to the complimentary dark chocolate bark finish, my meal was truly outstanding!! We had wonderful seats on the porch overlooking Broadway. Attentive professional service completed the evening.Special Features:
- ScottDined on 8/10/2014It was a beautiful night and we asked to sit outside in our reservation but when we got there we didn’t have an outside table. I thought the food was good but just missing something to be excellent, service good and the bar was busy which is nice. I would recommend it. There and half chef hats out of fiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- benaroundbenaroundDined on 8/9/2014Menu was broad enough, and the food was delicious. Good portion size. The atmosphere was very comfortable, and the service was excellent. This restaurant should be on everyone's list when they are in Saratoga-any time of the year.Special Features:
- ImpressiveLissDined on 8/9/2014I ordered a meal that had breaking on it and not only did they not make a big deal about exchanging it, they gave me a shrimp cocktail so I wouldn't be without food while the others were eating. The waitress and manager wer both wonderful.Special Features:
- Noisy but tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Service was friendly, food was good, loved the duck confit. It is much too noisy in this restaurant. A tiny table for two and we were yelling at each other to be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!JAlovetoeatDined on 8/9/2014We had lunch on Saturday on the patio. What fun it is to watch the people on Broadway! The food as always is terrific. Their menu offers the classics but also delicious items that you don't see at other restaurants. I highly recommend,Special Features:
- 3 years in a rowCamaroDined on 8/8/2014This is three years in a row to eat here on our vacation and the place does not disappoint. Something for every appetite and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Summer DiningDilorenJDined on 8/8/2014We are frequent diners at Maestro's, especially in the summer. The Porch seating is limited, request it ahead of time. Maestro's is great but the host/hostess situation is awkward. You approach the front porch and w/o even looking they tell you to go to the host stand inside, and then depending on where they have you seated, they tell you to go outside - this happens every time. Please, use just one host location! It is awkward to bump into people coming in, you are going back out...The food is great, however the "entree" salads are not entree size salads for the $$$. We had the Maine Salad and the Salmon Salad. All in All our favorite place in Saratoga.Special Features:
- Always satisfying!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We love Maestro's and have been going there since it was in its former (much smaller!) location two doors down. We wanted to take my brother and his friend to a nice dinner in downtown Saratoga after spending the day at the track. We were not disappointed! We ordered the charcuterie board to share and delighted in the mouth watering assortment of cold meats with butterey baguette and relishes. Three of us ordered the chicken saltinbocca and even though we had to look for the prosciutto and fontina cheese and it seemed more a piccatta than a traditional saltinbocca, none of us was willing to complain because every bite was heaven! The orzo was out of this world with the capers, fresh herbs,tomatoes. watercress and lemony sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.