Maestro's at the Van Dam
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Maestro's at the Van Dam
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.maestrosatthevandam.com/
- Phone: 5185800312x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Danny Petrosino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available. For more information, please email us at email@example.com
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment every Thursday, Friday & Saturday in the Bar & Bar Lounge. Find more information on our website and Facebook.
A word from Maestro's at the Van Dam
A gathering place for exceptional food and drink, Maestro's is located in the historic former Rip Van Dam Hotel, the largest surviving hotel from before the civil war in Saratoga Springs, New York. Join us for lunch, dinner or libations in this unique 1840s setting. Whether dining in our 90-seat dining room or enjoying the summer breeze outside on our columned stone terrace, you'll marvel at our exceptional menu designed daily to tantalize your taste buds. Our unique and ever-changing cuisine will appease a wide range of appetites, whether yearning for a burger and an ice cold brew, planning a special event, or gathering friends for dinner. Better yet, let the region's most popular chef Danny Petrosino "put love on a plate". Join us as Maestro's makes its own history in the Rip Van Dam Hotel right here on Broadway in Saratoga Springs, NY.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Maestro's at the Van Dam - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
Maestro's at the Van Dam reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (151)fit for foodies (97)special occasion (97)neighborhood gem (71)romantic (59)great for lunch (52)hot spot (51)vibrant bar scene (45)notable wine list (41)good for groups (36)scenic view (34)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)Show More
- DaveBDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food and service was outstanding. Had a great waiter, David. Awesome service and very entertaining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WarrenMann ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Lovely downtown restaurant in Saratoga Springs; wide food selection for lunch and broad veranda for outdoor seating; meal concluded with a complimentary serving of dark chocolate; our party of four was enchantedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in SaratogaVlySummitVIPDined on 10/1/2014Traveling with an old friend, and Saratoga surprised us with its many choices of good restaurants. Maestro's is a big, pleasant space, good lighting, attentive but not oppressive service. I had a glass of pinto grigio that was lovely, and we split an entree salad and one of the steak dishes, then had the best sea salt caramel gelato ever. Completely satisfactory.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DinnerGSSusanVIPDined on 9/27/2014I was excited to bring my family to Maestros for a special Birthday dinner for my daughter. Everyone was happy with the many choices on the menu. Food was served quickly and efficiently. our waitress was attentive but not overbearing. Only complaint was the noise level in the dining room. I had eaten there before but only for lunch or on the terrace. It was difficult to carry on a conversation with all at the table. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Since I live locally, I enjoy taking friends to Maestro 's. We were seated on time and received our drinks and ordered. Dining room was very busy. Received our salads and then waited and waited for our entrees. We were seated at 7:30 and it was now 8:45. My daughter went to talk to the hostess and manager came. He was very nice and apologized for the wait. He offered compensation for our meals. My faith was restored in your establishment. A very nice gesture. Will continue to bring friends who come to visit .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Danny does it againUSFoodie1Dined on 9/27/2014We just had the best meal we've had in a long time. Quality and service was excellent. Thanks for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect date nightfoodie333Dined on 9/26/2014Was not disappointed at all the wine food and dessert were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!SaratogianVIPDined on 9/25/2014The pumpkin soup was outstanding! Salads are always fresh! Wait staff attentive! A favorite place to dine!Special Features:
- A TreatOntheroadVIPDined on 9/23/2014The food--my one dish, a salmon salad--was surprisingly well cooked. Attractively presented, and the salmon, which I ordered medium rare, was perfectly cooked. The service was also excellent: timely, informative without overbearance, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SharonDined on 9/20/2014We don't even live there and we love Maestro's! Our daughter and son-in-law live there and we go there almost every time we're in town for a visit. Everything on the menu always sounds so good, we always have a hard time deciding what to get. And we've always had a great meal, whether it's just a dinner or lunch salad, burger (with those awesome tater tots!), or a soup and appetizer and an entrée. They never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSmiltenDined on 9/19/2014Had such a good time at Maestro's. Definitely will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/19/2014We've been there several times and each time we have a fabulous dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls' Night OutCPGalDined on 9/16/2014Maestro's was excellent for a girls' night out dinner. It's great that the menu ranges from smaller plates and simple meals to full dinners. Maestro's chef takes those seemingly simpler items, like a burger or steak sandwich, and adds interesting twists. The server was highly attentive and really stressed how everything is made in house. Truly enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- FantasticBonrodDined on 9/13/2014Everything from the food,ambiance and service was phenomenal. We go once a year on our Anniversary to Saratoga and have to visit this restaurant. We had Ryan our waiter for also a second year in a row, he is amazing. Truly a wonderful experience every time.Special Features:
- Very noisy Friday EveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Previous experience at Maestros was lovely. Friday evening's dinner was frustrating for us and our guests. Arrived on time and welcomed well. Server was experienced, available, knowledgable, thorough and friendly but not gushing. Gave us time to re-aquaint with our friends. Offered helpful suggestions & answered all our questions wonderfully. Food arrived promptly, prepared according to our wishes, presented beautifully and tasted fabulous. Background conversation noise and spillover from the bar, including the musician steadily increased in volume so that practically any conversation was impossible except for the person beside us. Server shared that renovations coming soon to raise ceiling & lessen problem. I hope so!
- A SPECIAL IN TOWN PLACEBostonjoeyDined on 9/11/2014Maestro's at the Van Dam is one of Saratoga's very best restaurants. Casual elegance with exquisite presentation of appetizers and entrees. The wine list is robust, the setting unmatchable inside or out. I could not reccomend it more.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceLoveSaratogaDined on 9/1/2014Been to different restaurants in Saratoga, NY but just discovered this gem. Wonderful experience, enhanced by a very attentive waiter.Special Features:
- Reliable choice in SaratogaHowth123Dined on 8/30/2014Outdoor is better experience in good weather. Indoor dining room is a bit dark and dated. Food is of good quality and wide range of choice. Service is good. Dependable choice year over year.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing tuna from Cape cod!DrDonnaNJDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful special! Good service on busy sat night over labor day . Nice bar with music. Had nice Chilean white wine. Outdoors is place to be if weather good. Also it's an historic spot and good location on broadway. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Awesome experienceVPfromLongIslandDined on 8/30/2014We enjoy Maestro's every time we are in Saratoga and this time was no exception. The food is always top notch and the service awesome. Their chef has a flair for creating fine meals! A must go to when in Saratoga!!Special Features:
- Very nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Crowded night but service was fine. Food good and overall enjoyed by all
- MAESTRO'S AT THE VAN DAM WOWED USCTRoseDined on 8/28/2014I am a former Saratoga Springs Resident but had not been in the Dining Room at the Van Dam in over 20 years. My friend from CT was awed by the Historical integrity of the building. The food was excellent and our waiter was wonderful.Special Features:
- DisappointingAndyDined on 8/28/2014Quality of food for our party ranged from poor to good. Presentation was substandard. Cocktails disappointed.
- Chocolate LoverSaratogianVIPDined on 8/28/2014Excellent entrees but I would love for them to expand soup choices especially in the fall. Love the special complimentary chocolate bark offered at the end of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of our all-time favorites...GoodFoodMatters2Dined on 8/27/2014Hands-down a must go restaurant in picturesque downtown Saratoga Springs...try to get porch table in season. we lived in Saratoga Springs for number of years and now visit from North Carolina. Amidst a swarm of good restaurants in this upstate NY mecca, Maestro's has continued to delight us from its humble beginnings down the street. The fish or meat dish quality, menu choices, and professional service have been superb and have only become better in their beautiful location at the historic Van Dam building overlooking main street. No matter what you order, be prepared to be pleasantly surprised from appetizer to dessert.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceDonaldVIPDined on 8/27/2014Lovely venue. If you can sit outside, even better. Had lobster roll. Outstanding. Wait staff very attentive and pleasant. If you are in Saratoga this is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive Service -LoriDined on 8/27/2014We dined at Maestro's after a long day at the track. It was relaxing, excellent service, and the food was good.Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014We went to Maestro's at the Van Dam on Monday evening after a fun-filled day at the race track. The staff was lovely (particularly our waitress, Bonnie) as was the atmosphere on the terrace on a gorgeous evening. They offered a children's menu and both our 8 and 12 year old loved their steak and burger. We went with Bonnie's recommendations for the lobster fricassee appetizer and the special seared sushi grade tuna as our main course. They specialty cocktail (name I can't recall) was delicious! Had tequila, valencia orange juice, prosecco, etc-yummy! The meal ended with a complimentary round of insanely good dark chocolate with nuts-scrumptious! Would return in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Strong and SteadypetepicDined on 8/23/2014Continues to be a standout in Saratoga. Their transition from small intimate eatery (3 years ago) to full scale restaurant has remained true without any drop off of quality. Aside from the top notch food, I still have to say though my favorite part of the dinning experience is the passed, after dinner, home made, complimentary dark chocolate/almond bark. Perfect for finishing up that last few sips of wine. Bravo Maestro!! See you next yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Travers EveningmaggieDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed the restaurant on Saturday evening, day of Travers, which is always busy in Saratoga. We had a 9 pm reservation and were able to get to the time moved to 7:45 p.m. which really was so much more doable for us. We had had a long day at the track and really did not want to wait that long for dinner. Our food and beverages were just perfect and we loved our meal. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love MaestrosyummersDined on 8/23/2014Food and cocktails were excellent, but I've had the duck appetizer in a sandwich and on slices of bread, I was disappointed with the egg roll style. You could barely taste the duck because it was so fried up. I usually try to sit outside for dinner/drinks, but it was too busy - I wish the inside didn't feel like a hotel but an elegant restaurant. However the bar seating is great too!Special Features:
- Saratoga GemOldPiratesDined on 8/23/2014We had a lovely dinner. The food was very good and the service friendly and professional. I would eat there again.Special Features:
- Classy & Fun!KyTravelerDined on 8/22/2014We had 4 at dinner and had planned to sit on the porch outside facing Broadway but it was a little chilly that evening. The Angus Filet and the Swordfish were excellent as well as the crab salad. The shrimp for the table appetizer was excellent but the lamb chop appetizer was a little disappointing. The best part of our visit to Maestro's was the service. Very prompt and attentive. A little expensive but definately worth a visit on a trip to Saratoga Springs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantCharlieTDined on 8/21/2014We have been dining at Maestro's for nine years and never disappointed with service, outstanding food and the homemade chocolate desert. John is extremely creative and a very masterful chef. John does a wonderful job marketing Maestro's online with wine specials and creative dishes that are outstanding. Of all the restaurants we visited in Saratoga during Travers Week this is my number 1 favorite by far in fact we dine there twice during our stay in Saratoga..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningDivaDined on 8/21/2014We ordered Crab Louie Salad and Swordfish on Pineapple Coucous. Both were ample portions and very delicious. We would recommend this restaurant to those who appreciate fine food in an upscale setting. The restaurant was a bit noisy, but it was August, Saratoga"s busiest time and people had just come from the races. This may become one of our favorite places in Saratoga.Special Features:
- Love Maestro's!BoltonLocalDined on 8/20/2014We have been coming to Maestro's for years and it has always been wonderful. Typically we are there for a late lunch and sit on the veranda. We love his although do note that the street traffic can be a bit noisy at times. Last nigh we dined inside for the first time and it was very nice. The service was attentive and friendly even though the dining room was very busy. Food is delicious. At the end of the meal you are offered their lovely homemade dark chocolate...! The bar is also very nice and they offer a happy hour with a generous hors d'oeuvres.Special Features:
- AnnBVIPDined on 8/20/2014Food was great as usual, also the mixed drinks were terrific and the wine selection varied with a lot of interesting choices. Our server, Sydney was helpful and charming, adding a lot to our enjoyment of the evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable issueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014I kept reservation, checked in & tried for terrace seating but booked for 45 mins. Went ahead and had a very delicious lunch in their dining room. Hopefully issue resolved as I kept reservation.Special Features:
- Great food and service4girlsforfunDined on 8/18/2014We were aparty of 6 and we were impressed with the menu selections and thr service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close MissAnneDined on 8/18/2014The restaurant is a little pretentious, and that goes for the wait staff, the decor, and to some extent the food. It was also quite dark. Two of our party used flashlight devices to read the menu. Some people like that I know, but I thought it was a little over done. It was also cold. The combination of stiffness, chill and dark overshadowed what could have been a really good dining experience. We all enjoyed the food, but we will not go back.