3615 St. Laurent Blvd.
Montreal, QC H2X1V5Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maestrosvp.com/
- Phone: 5148426447x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday :to Thursday P.M - 4:00 P.M. To 11:00 P.M
Friday Saturday 4:00 P.M. To 11:00 P.M.
Sunday 4:00 P.M. To 10:00 P.M.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Zita Hubault
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Any oyster party , we can help you to plan it.
A word from Maestro SVP
It is oyster season all year round at Maestro S.V.P! We welcome everyone to seafood world experience. The ever changing menu stars dozens of oyster varieties, cooked, baked and raw. Maestro SVP is also a seafood bistro where calamari, crab, shrimp, lobster, mussels, clams and scallops co star on the menu. Fish enthusiasts are sure to be tickled with the variety. and then there's the famous Maestro platter, an enormous feast of seafood for two.Continued
The name of Maestro S.V.P reflects its blend of harmony and passion. Tradition and avant-garde are joined together to present our cuisine.
The name of Maestro S.V.P reflects its blend of harmony and passion. Tradition and avant-garde are joined together to present our cuisine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maestro SVP reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)special occasion (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great seafood platterOhmykiDined on 9/13/2014My boyfriend and I wanted some seafood on out last night in Montreal. Found Maestro and ordered the Maestro Platter. It was more than enough for two people (and we can eat a lot) and was a great price. Our server was the owner and was very nice and attentive. They have lots of wine to choose from, a wide variety of fresh oysters written on a chalkboard. Loves the decor with empty oyster shells on the entrance wall. I'd love to go again the next time we're in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent !DCMatteVIPDined on 9/6/2014Been going to this restaurant for years, not one bad experience. Oysters paradise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome seafood!LolitaDined on 8/16/2014If you're looking for great seafood dishes you have to visit Maestro. Oysters are fantastic and fresh!! Wine list is great and we really enjoyed ourselves. If you're in Montreal check out this place. Great service great ambiance and amazing food!!!! Two thumbs up!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/6/2014Extremely disappointing. Food was uninspired, oysters not cold enough but what really ruined it for us was a buffoon for a waiter. He clearly is incapable of working in the service industry. He was much more interested in $ than helping to create a culinary experience. Someone else might have salvaged our night by recommending better choices as they watched our disappointment and annoyance. I hope the owner catches on to him soon.
- My part was very good but...FelisolVIPDined on 6/29/2014My wife had bar du chili. It was very bad presentation. Ncot taesty at all. Did have a very strange look with liquid like win vineger on the plate. The risotto didn't math eather.. Oester very good.Special Features:
- Found a gem in Maestro SVPWilliam33VIPDined on 6/24/2014Tuna was outstanding. The raw oyster selection was a real treat for my out of town guests. Rave reviews about the scallops as well. Owner popped by our table quite often to make sure all was well, which it was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafoodAnnieDined on 6/8/2014Picked this restaurant out randomly from the guidebook--great find!! In the Plateau area of Montreal with plenty of city activity. Excellent preparation of oysters, shrimp and fish. Highly recommend for travelers. A bit loud on the patio due to a band playing down the street, but the restaurant was very accommodating and moved us inside quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters galoreGreatoakDined on 6/8/2014Very good selection of oysters from varied waters. Waitress was very helpful in selecting oysters. Friend had mussels and found them to be very good. Dined at sidewalk table that was fun for people watching. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyable neighbourhood restomammarocksVIPDined on 6/8/2014Food was quite good. Next time I'll have the steak frites which looked great. Oysters were fresh, plump and cheap compared to otherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 49 reviews are from the Maestro SVP reviews archive.
- Great Mussels at MaestroOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2014My friend randomly found Maestro SVP online and we decided to go for the all you can eat mussels on Sunday night. It was great mussels and great value considering it was all you can eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceJTnJHDined on 2/15/2014Rated 4 stars because of the price, it would be 5 based on food and service. Food/service were top notch, fantastic place for Oysters - selection of ~2 doz varieties but can get expensive quickly with large oysters priced at $6.75 per (Canadian). Mussels provencal app was excellent. The seafood pasta and swordfish were scrumptious but we would have preferred less olive oil on the pasta, there was a lot of oil. The food is fabulous as is the service but be prepared to pay for it. Dinner for two with a dozen oysters, 1/2 lb mussels app, 2 entrees, a shared desert and one of the more moderately priced bottles of wine with tip/tax cost $300 canadian. (We're used to getting equally as good meals for substantially less in the NYC/NYC Metro area).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placebusinesstravellerVIPDined on 1/25/2014Food was good, service was great but nothing to write home about.
- Our favorite restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013Always great service, love the atmosphere. Montreal's best spot for oyster lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great spotamyrockVIPDined on 10/29/2013A place to visit every time I am in Montreal. Love the location on St Laurent. Met Ilene the fabulous owner this time and asked her to choose a selection of oysters from their list of 20 or more for me as a dozen. If you love oysters, this is the spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salade césar excellente, goûtGinnDined on 9/2/2013Salade césar excellente, goût appenrenté à celle faite à la table par maitre d'hotel comme dans les grands restos. Tres grand choix d'huitres. Nous y retournerons.Special Features:
- Fantastic NightHappyCoupleDined on 9/1/2013Although we showed up a little late they still had a table waiting for us. We had the Maestro Platter for 2 or something like that. All of the seafood was cooked perfectly. I thoroughly enjoyed my night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specia (and pricy) place for dinnervalenaDined on 8/11/2013Excellent selection of oysters from various countries! And the quality of the main dishes stands out. I did find it too pricy but will consider it when I come back to Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but excellent seafood!PeteVIPDined on 7/23/2013First, let me say that we loved the food at Maestro. We live in Philadelphia (USA), eat out a lot and are accustomed to the cost but thought the meal at Maestro was over priced by $15 to $20. Then, in addition to the cost of the food and drink bill, another near 15% is added for tax plus whatever you may decide to add for a tip making it a truly memorable evening of dining. It is noted they have an extensive wine list from which to choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and portions werePNakano933Dined on 7/22/2013The food and portions were average at best. Maybe I should've gotten what all the other diners had-mussels and fries.Special Features:
- Unassuming mecca for oystersOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2013Unassuming mecca for oysters on busy thoroughfare a mile or so from downtown Montreal. Waitress was friendly, engaging and knowledgeable about the large selection of raw oysters and wine paring. Oysters were fresh, juicy and needed no accompaniment of any kind; although, several were offered--mignonette. Fresh crusty roll and sweet butter were a huge upgrade from oyster crackers. Others had cold seafood platter and nice preparation of mahi-mahi. Overall, a little pricey for the location, but the food is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...BernthalDined on 7/7/2013... Not great. On a comparative scale, this was ok but not worth price point. Good service. Bu no flavors that surprised or impressed. Overall no hard feelings but was nothing that felt notable. At $175 that felt a little underwhelming. Compared to other places in montreal Quebec, overall, better quality is ready to br seized in the vacinity.
- A Go-to Place for SeafoodspamfighterDined on 6/23/2013I end up at Maestro SVP at least twice a year when i am in town. the oyster bar is unparalleled, and the 'bucket of seafood' superb. this time out we opted for the chowder, some scampis, and a lobster - all well worth the price, given they were fresh, and perfectly prepared. MSVP is truly one of my favourite restaurants on the planet.Special Features:
- For oysters lovers...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2013À great variety of oysters, well presented. The shots with vodka and beausoleils are delicious... Crab cakes are good...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Oysters In MontrealRickyyDined on 5/24/2013Maestro boasts the widest variety of oysters in all of Montreal, all in all a fantastic restaurant, especially for oyster fanatics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing and the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013Food was amazing and the service was friendly. Wine was also excellent. It was a wonderful evening and I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great place but quite expensive:OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Great place but quite expensive: I paid $40 for 8 oysters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GEM!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/26/2012We loved this place! A huge selection of fresh oysters... 20, 30 varieties? The owner herself was our server. She recommended a great wine and was a treat to interact with. We had the Maestro Platter for 2 with a tons of seafood on it. It was tasty and beautiful.Special Features:
- Oyster lovers delight!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2012Excellent choice of fresh (or baked) oysters, awesome seafood, beautifully prepared and plated. Very friendly attentive service. Very noisy for a small room but still fun.
- Food was excellent. Our waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2012Food was excellent. Our waitress was very helpful with our wine sellection. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- This place was great....HOLYHibbieDined on 10/17/2012This place was great....HOLY OYSTERS BATMAN...over 19 types from all over North America. The best crab cakes I have every had! This place is way cool.Special Features:
- Oysters are amazing! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012Oysters are amazing! Great happy hour tapas menu! I love this place. If you like seafood are tartare you'll love this place!Special Features:
- Decent oysters. Expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/12/2012Decent oysters. Expensive. Small portions. Poor service.
- Waiters were very scarce...seemedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2012Waiters were very scarce...seemed a bit overwhelmed for only half the tables filled. Oysters were great but Pricy. AFTER the meal, we found out that it was all-you-can-eat mussel night...that is not right.
- Great (although rather priceysamyVIPDined on 5/25/2012Great (although rather pricey at $4-5 each) oyster selection. Great service from knowledgeable staff. Fish main courses are OK.
- Oyster heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/1/2012This is a top-quality restaurant. The main attraction is a wide variety of oysters and other shellfish. Other seafood dishes are also expertly prepared. Pricey, but worth it if you love oysters.Special Features:
- really nice find , you will love itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/18/2012Oysters fan this is it , dont search anymore this is THE place you have to try right now, its really not expensive for the quality they offer and they have an amazing variety of fresh oysters, raw or cooked they are all amazing. They also have small apetizers that are really good to share. Its a really nice place to go and share a couple of plates and having a good bottle of wine. Its one of my perfect week days restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic!amyrockVIPDined on 2/19/2012Best selection of oysters in town! Nice service staff, helpful, professional, and welcoming.Special Features:
- Go elsewhere!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/15/2011Prior good reviews played major role in going here. We showed up on time for our reservations to find the restaurant full. The person in charge then went on to trash Open Table that their system is terrible and she hates it - yet still uses it. 40 minutes later our table was ready along with some unappreciated comments from the people forced to leave their table to accommodate us. Food took a long time. My Curry Thai shrimp arrived without the Curry Thai sauce - back to the kitchen - then back with a watered down sauce that was terrible. One of the worst restaurants in Montreal. Very disappointed. To top it off - attempted to pay with Amex - as the info on Open Table lists Amex as accepted - they don't accept Amex - go figure.
- We thought our seafood dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2011We thought our seafood dinner was great and it was more than enough for two of us with appetizers to start. Would definitely go back when I am in Montreal.Special Features:
- We adore Maestro SVP! TheirRRRRVIPDined on 9/3/2011We adore Maestro SVP! Their oyster selection is fantastic and you could easily make a meal of them, but we also love the mussels. The wait staff is attentive (at one point we had every single staffer in the place descend on our table to help clear plates), and everything is always delicious (particularly anything with the green peppercorn treatment). The champagne mignonette is a must-order if you're having oysters.Special Features: