1001 Westside Road
Healdsburg, CA 95448Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.madronamanor.com/
- Phone: 7074334231x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jesse Mallgren
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Madrona Manor can accomodate groups up to 80 in one of our 5 private dining rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Arielle Larson 7074331542x111
A word from Madrona Manor
One mile from downtown Healdsburg, this Michelin one star restaurant is on a Victorian estate at the heart of Sonoma’s wine country. Chef Jesse Mallgren takes full advantage of a wealth of local seasonal produce, whenever possible from our estate gardens. Compose your own 6 course tasting menu or, at the whim of the chef, choose the Grande Dame pre-fixe menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Madrona Manor - Best Restaurants in Healdsburg ›
Madrona Manor reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (44)fit for foodies (38)romantic (38)great for outdoor dining (28)notable wine list (28)scenic view (23)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fine food in a romantic dettingYacht41VIPDined on 8/28/2014The 13 course chef tasting menu is not to be missed! Food and service exceeded expectations. Save this for a very special occasion. Expensive, but worth it.Special Features:
- A treat for a friendMaralynDined on 8/28/2014This is about the 7th time I have taken someone to or enjoyed dining with family. It NEVER fails to be sensational.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and full of suprisesCalNAiryDined on 8/24/2014The ten course dinner is an expensive delight, but worth every penny. The chef kept surprising us with little extras and the staff was knowledgable and fun. Easily comparable to the best of international dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High styleTastyTexansDined on 8/14/2014Many courses, each more inventive and delicious than the last. Highly professional service. Reminds me of a meal at Tregabuches in Ronda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!ManhattanVIPDined on 8/8/2014Amazing food as it's been for so many years and the service is outstanding. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again a memorable mealcyssfDined on 8/8/2014Always beautiful sitting on the porch over looking the gardens. Between the overhead fans and the heaters, the temperature is alway comfortable no matter what the weather. We chose the "create your own menu" dinner with the six courses plus at least five other amuse bouches and other treats sent out by the chefs - all interesting and creative. We had to had the ice cream made at the table side with liquid nitrogen again since we enjoyed it so much the last time we were here, but Tom's "strawberries and peas" was so fun with the white chocolate "peas" and the sugar confection "pea pods". I usually don't like strawberry flavored things like ice cream but the strawberry mousse in this dessert was wonderful - the essence of strawberry.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Food, Service, ambience was amazing! Family loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysMichaelWDined on 7/24/2014Every time we have dinner at Madrona Manor we think, it can't get any better than this. But it always does. The fine folks at Madrona Manor have found a way to continuously improve on perfection. For special occasions, they will even personalize your menu page so you have a memento to take home.Special Features:
- BarbSDined on 7/19/2014Every item brought to your table is a masterpiece. The food is exquisite, the presentation is beautiful, and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MadronnaAuntieDined on 7/18/2014Excellent presentations of each dish, a visual & culinary delight. The service was wonderful and made us feel very special!Special Features:
- Greatest Gastromic Experience !JeffDined on 7/17/2014It was one super course after another, the presentaion was only toped by the tastes. Service was top notch. nothing overlooked . Expensive but worth every penny.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/11/2014Food is amazing and very creative. Beautiful, peaceful setting.Special Features:
- 10-course dinner and wine pairingsalbion49Dined on 7/10/2014The food dishes were superb with many interesting intermezzos. The wine pairings were disappointing. Most of the wines would not rate above 86 or 87 on the Wine Spectator scale. I'd recommend selecting wine from the wine list and not relying on the sommelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perhaps our best meal everAnitaMWDined on 7/9/2014We can't remember when we have enjoyed a meal more than our Grande Dame" chef's 10-course tasting menu. Every dish was perfectly prepared, both in the balance and freshness of the flavors and the appearance. But unlike other tasting menus, the flavors were the stars of each dish (as opposed to sensationalized appearance). And the numerous gifts from the chef in between each course were wonderful, and gave us different tastes and novel preparations as well as previews of the next dish, but in a different form or format. And when we got to the final "meat" courses (squab and beef) instead of portions too big to finish, these were perfectly sized and prepared bites. The wine pairing was perfect too. We absolutely recommend this splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely stellarOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/5/2014The amuse-bouches are excellent, the Chef's menu with the wine pairing was impressive. Except for the abalone, which was less than perfect every item on the menu was delicious. Madrona Manor continues to be an excellent spot for romantic dining and pure culinary pleasure. They certainly deserve their Michelin stars.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/5/2014This was our second time at Madrona Manor. We brought our daughter who was home from graduate school in NYC and who frequents fine dining in that city as well as San Francisco. We were ALL so pleased and delighted with every aspect of our dining experience at Madrona Manor. The food was outstanding in it's subtlety and interesting/often surprising flavors. The presentations were just beautiful - mirroring the beautiful surroundings on which the Manor resides. The service was absolutely wonderful - on top of everything, and warm and friendly. We were further taken by the integrity of the restaurants staff in catching a mistake we made with gratuity which could have easily been overlooked to their advantage. An absolute favorite.Special Features:
- Romantic GetawayTukiaDined on 7/3/2014The food was creatively light and natural, with some of the ingredients used grown from their own herbs garden located behind the Manor. The cheese choices were beautifully presented and accompanied by dates, nuts and dries fruits. It's great wine list showcased revered local producers that heighten the dining experience. We really enjoyed ourselves and felt that we had discovered a gem in the middle of a valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Madrono Manor HealdsburgOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/27/2014We celebrated our 40th anniversary here and was from start to finish a wonderful experience. We were seated on their outdoor patio, very relaxing atmosphere, service was impeccable, the food amazing. We chose to go with the 6 course menu so we would have more variety and taste from each other's plate. I believe we had at least 8-10 amuse bouches and even though small bites it still adds up and was just about the perfect amount for me. Courses and amuse bouches were presented in an innovative way and there was not 1 dish we did not like. Special touch was that on the top of the menu it had a "Happy 40th anniversay", nice touch. We will definitely return here one daySpecial Features:
- FudsnobDined on 6/27/2014Wonderful flavor and creativity in every course. The service was excellent, and presentation first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClaireDined on 6/26/2014Dining here is truly a dining experience. In addition to the menu, the staff brings little surprise additions to your table. The service is outstanding. Mu husband didn't care for one course on the menu and didn't finish it. The staff noticed, asked about it and brought him a substitute for that part of the menu-we didn't even ask! Wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/26/2014Our dinner at Madrona Manor was hands down the best dinner either of us had ever eaten, beating out some pretty serious competition. We would fly back to Sonoma just for dinner! Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- food4funVIPDined on 6/18/2014Jesse's food was, as usual, exceptional. The setting is romantic. There were a few hiccups in the service that did not do justice to the quality of the food--incorrect flatware for one course, a second amuse bouche brought, which we had already been served. While these are minor glitches, the food and setting are so exceptional that they deserve the same level of service. Despite these glitches we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but overpricedcornelljhrVIPDined on 6/15/2014Our a la carte dinner for two with two glasses of wine each came out to $425 with tip. We spent much less than that for a superior meal with equal ambiance at Auberge Du Soleil and pay less than that for a full dinner at top restaurants in NYC like Bouley and Jean Georges.Special Features:
- Night to rememberMrKirbyDined on 6/13/2014Absolutely marvelous. The setting in the mansion is beautiful with seating indoors in different rooms and outdoors on a large veranda. We were outdoors and loved it. The food was creatively prepared and sublime. One of the finest meals i have had in the past year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but Pricey!8160Dined on 6/7/2014Beautiful, wonderful event, but be prepared ... pricey!!!Special Features:
- Marvelous MealFoodieDined on 5/31/2014Madrona Manor gets better and better. We dine there periodically (our favorite special occasion place). The food is imaginative and beautifully served. Madrona Manor is the best restaurant in Healdsburg by a wide margin. Several dishes on the multi course menu stood out for us. The onion veloute is always supurb and the salmon was impeccable, as was the beef. The service is friendly and professional. Our only suggestion for "improvement" is that an optional four-course menu be available for those like us with lighter appetites. While none of the courses is too large individually, they do add up, especially with all of the delightful amuse bouches. I would rather not be so full that I can't properly appreciate every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- .. just keeps getting betterGrandmaJaneDined on 5/31/2014Just when you think it's perfect, it gets better. Beautiful setting - porch looking out on the garden. Try the rabbit - juicy and tender. One of our favorites is the egg-shell served amuse bouche - delicious and unusual. Signature desert is the cart a glace - ice cream made at the table. They can manage anything from small dinners to large groups.Special Features:
- Best Meal of my LifeSharkyFoodyDined on 5/10/2014My fiance and I recently decided to get married at Madrona Manor because of the beauty of the grounds and the great reputation of their restaurant and service, but wanted to have dinner there at least once before finalizing everything. Without any hyperbole, I can say with certainty that it was the best meal of my life. The food is memorably flavorful, creative, and gorgeously presented by an impeccable staff that is extremely polished and thoughtful. My fiance and I were so impressed by the team behind this meal, and are very much looking forward to our wedding here next year!Special Features:
- The following 778 reviews are from the Madrona Manor reviews archive.
- great dining experienceYoshiSFDined on 5/2/2014The service was impeccable. The staff was very knowledgeable about the foods. Each dish was tasty with many of them being very exotic. We enjoyed the whole experience, the ambiance was very quiet and romantic, the food amazing, and the service was as good as it gets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated RestaurantJR12Dined on 5/2/2014Three of us ate here and were extremely disappointed. They put us in an outdoor space that was heated with heat lamps and it was very uncomfortable and by the end of the evening downright cold. The food was OK. Extremely small portions. The lamb was touch and I couldn't eat it. The wine was really good. The service was chaotic with so many different servers, it was not well done. This is an extremely pretentious restaurant. I do not recommend.
- Mostly frillsSRdinnerDined on 4/26/2014The food ingredients are fresh, but the execution is not very memorable. For the whole "Grand Dame" experience, I only remember the scallop and the beef dishes. The lobster dish is a big miss, just so so plain sweet. How can you go wrong with lobster? The staffs marching (yes, really marching style) around is a big distraction. I had dinner in Europe before, and I hardly notice the staffs of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Truly small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/25/2014Very well done flavorable food, but hardly enough of any one thing to get more than a smidgeon of a taste, even by small-bites-high-end-food standards. Fortunately, the prix fixe includes a cheese course, where they finally give you decent portions so you don't leave feeling hungry.Special Features:
- It is all worth it. Well orchestratFoodieVIPDined on 4/12/2014It is all worth it. Well orchestrated meal. And Chef Jessied came to serve the amuse bouche, which is a nice touch. Best tasting I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Dining ExperiencepickyeaterDined on 4/9/2014Each dish was prepared with special attention to every ingredient, resulting in intense and wonderful flavors. The service was attentive, something happening every minute, whether the amuse-bouches or the palate cleansers. Every dish was explained as well. We had the 6-course prix fixe, and it was a bargain. This meal in a ig city would cost much more. Congratulations to the staff for this incredible achievement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hits and Misses at Madrona ManorOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/5/2014My husband and I settled on the 6 course menu. I must emphasize that every dish was exquisite visually and the service was impeccable. The use of ingredients was very creative. We were served with MANY amuse bouche during the entire dinner. Firefly Squid - these are cute little tiny whole squids that I did not enjoy. The chilled Delta Asparagus tasted clean and very refreshing. The Onion Veloute was the highlight of the meal while the Caramelized Artichokes were decent. The mushroom risotto was solid, and the black cod just melted in your mouth. The roasted lamb was tough, and the Wagyu beef was not worth the $35 supplement. The cheese cart was quite a show. The Dip & Dot cheesecake was a must, and the ice cream was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They deserve another star!GrandmaJaneDined on 3/28/2014We have watched for years as this restaurant has gotten better and better. It is now the favorite place for special occasions or just for a quiet romantic supper. Wonderful, creative food. Best wine list in Sonoma County. Fresh ingredients from their garden. A beautiful, flower-filled landscape. One of the best features is that they do not turn over tables. Your table is your table for as long as you wish to stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/22/2014This is my 6th or 7th time at Madrona Manor and I must say that each time has been unique and individual. The service has always been friendly and impeccable without being overly stuffy or pretentious. The food flavors are delightful and complex. I particularly enjoyed the young cheese server who was so serious and intent on his mission to provide just the right information and serving size. Great sense of humor and yet, still knowledgeable and simply into his providing us with interesting tidbits about each cheese. Sommelier was friendly and wanted to make sure we tasted before purchasing, to ensure we truly enjoyed. As with each previous dinner this most recent experience rates among my best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANNIVERSARY DINNERJACKDined on 3/15/2014Our experience at this wonderful restaurant was exceptionally SUPER GOOD! The meal paring and the wait staff was just outstanding. They treated us as special guest and for our 40th anniversary it was special; the wine was excellent and the setting was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAGICAL CULINARY EXPERIENCEluv2dineDined on 3/14/2014My husband took me here for my big 60! The grounds of the Madrona Manor in the month of March were beautiful and meticulously kept with tulips and flowers everywhere. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. They knew ahead of time it was a special birthday and prepared a "memory" menu saying Happy Birthday Linda with the list of menu items. We had the" Chef's Grade Dame" and in addition to the menu the chef prepared many tastes of additional interesting items and the presentation was just out of this world. Highly recommend for a special occasion. Even the bar area( if you can call it that) was very elegant to start your evening off with a delicious cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So incredibly great!figueroa579Dined on 3/8/2014I can't say enough about Madrona Manor! The service was excellent! So friendly, attentive and knowledgable. It all started great- our reservation was for 8:45 but we optimistically strolled in at 6:30 and they were able to seat us then- so pleased by the luck of that. From the beginning each member of the staff that visited the table was so cool and fun. Not often seen at most 'fancy' places. The food and the many gifts were delicious and perfectly made. I cannot wait to return! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.