Madras Indian Cuisine
1434 S. Powerline Rd
Pompano Beach, FL 33069Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Madras Indian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.madrasindiancuisine.com/
- Phone: 9549775434
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pakistani, Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We specialize in Weddings, corporate event and banquet catering. Our catering team will work with you for all your catering needs. We are affiliated with major hotels and numerous country clubs in the area.
Regardless of the size, time of day, or menu selection, we can delight and impress your guests with our catering service!. Our chefs and catering professionals specialize in creating exquisite gourmet menus and breathtaking presentations delivering a truly memorable experience and fun. Indulge your guests with a well-planned, distinctive and memorable party.
A word from Madras Indian Cuisine
Voted the Best Indian restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Boca Raton by the Miami Herald, Sun sentinel and Zagat Survey, Madras Café features exotic and delicious Indian food in a causally elegant ambiance. At Madras Cafe restaurant, we serve authentic South Indian food, North Indian food, Indian non-vegetarian food, Indian vegetarian food, Tandoori and Biryani. We are also widely known for our Halal & Indian (Desi) chinese food. We offer you the choice to enjoy these foods at the spice levels of your choice. We also specialize in preparing low fat, low calorie & vegan dishes for the vegetarian enthusiasts. Our regular Indian vegetarian cuisine is something the vegetarian enthusiast in you would love due to the sheer variety and heavenly taste it offers. It is both delicious and healthy!. We also have an excellent kids menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Madras Indian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- good Indian food in PompanopixeldocVIPDined on 10/20/2014good Indian food, pleasantly prepared and very tasty. Service was okay. We had the chicken tandori and it was excellent. Would recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food....not so serviceLukeDined on 8/31/2014The food...once we got it...was great. No one really greeted us when we came in....or rather several people ended up greeting us but we weren't sure who was in charge. We had to ask for service several times---for menus, for tableware, for ordering and for our check. Maybe it was because it seemed everyone else was doing the buffet. Food was great and will go back knowing what to expect, but probably not often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BufferGlobetrotterVIPDined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed the buffet. I no longer live in the area, but would definitely return when I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good recoveryMichaelVIPDined on 7/30/2014Things got off to a rough start when the two individuals I met upon arriving seemed confused at the mention of Open Table. After three pleas, apparently somebody tabbed me in. The Mulligatany soup was terrific; one of the best ever. My main dish arrived lukewarm. It was returned wholly new, with a new basket of naan and bowl of rice. So: good recovery! This is how service ought to rectify missteps. And the Chicken Madras was well accented with spices. If in the area, I will definitely go back.
- NEED NEW CHEFAwfulVIPDined on 7/21/2014This place is the only Indian restaurant in Fort Laud. They should run it like they care. Need chef that can cook Indian food. Waited 25 min to be seated then owner sat two Indian gentlemen, who just walked in, instead of us. This place has gone downhill. Sad.
- Great food!shdukesVIPDined on 7/18/2014This food was magnificent. The service was not as bad as I read in other reviews, and the waiter did a great job of recommending foods. This was the best Indian food that I have tasted in a long time. Very comparable to India House in Ft Lauderdale. We will go again reql soon!!Special Features:
- BazzaVIPDined on 7/12/2014This is best Indian cuisine we've found in South Florida. However, they had no idea we had a reservation through Open Table and we had to wait for a half an hour to be seated. It was however, worth the wait. If you are a real spice freak like I, try the "Tindaloo." It amps it up from the Vindaloo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent! Can't wait to return!Ceviche39Dined on 7/3/2014LOVED IT! What a wonderful surprise to find such great indian food in this small shopping mall.Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Madras Indian Cuisine reviews archive.
- Delicious Food - Very Nice AmbianceMikeFTLDined on 5/17/2014An Indian friend recommended this restaurant so we decided to give it a try and we were so glad we did. The atmosphere was very relaxed with an understated elegance, nice soft lighting and pleasant Indian music. Our server was charming and efficient and the food was delicious with a very nice selection to appeal to everyone. If you like your food on the spicy/hot side, be sure to let your server know and they will be sure it is just right as ours was. We definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/4/2014Like other reviewers we had to wait a while before anyone came to seat us. There was a loud Bollywood video playing that was very distracting. The food was varied but not enough (non-dairy) vegetarian choices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only opened half the restaraunt ??OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014I dined at Madras for the first time and had a bad first impression when there was NO Host to greet me at the front door. Several staff walked by and looked at me without acknowledging me. When I finally asked to be seated, I was accomodated. There were only 3 menu's on the table for 6 of us and when I asked for additional menu's they never arrived. After 10 minutes a waiter finally acknowledged our table and took a drink order. By the time we ordered dinner I couldn't help but notice a line at the door and was watching people turn and walk out. Still no Host at the front door only one waiter on duty and they had 1/2 the restaraunt closed while at least a dozen people were waiting to be seated. I felt rushed to give up my table ..
- The Food was wonderful. TheBoyntonBoyVIPDined on 4/12/2014The Food was wonderful. The service was not good. First the receptionist tired to take our drink order. Go for the food period.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner BuffetSherVIPDined on 3/9/2014Great dinner buffet to try many Indian dishes. Plus, they bring extra food to your table. Service was a little slow in the beginning, but it picked up and they were good with refilling our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014I absolutely love Madras! The naan is outstanding, and all the tandoori specialities. I look forward to going back and trying the rest of the menu!Special Features:
- Poor service detracts from foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/28/2014When we arrived, the hostess (initially) claimed that she had no record of our reservation. We then saw a screen fall on a patron, and the hostess promptly reprimanded the patron for causing it to fall. It took far too long to be seated, even longer to be welcomed by a member of the wait staff, and there was too much difficulty in communicating our wishes to employees who seemed to be so unfamiliar with English that they were unable to understand a basic, "Yes, I'd like more water." The food was good...but the rest fo the experience was awful.
- Good buffetEatItDined on 2/16/2014I realy want to go back and order off the menu! The food on the buffet was good and I can only imagine when you order a specify dish it could only get better!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian Foodicm5950VIPDined on 1/24/2014As good as it gets. This is authentic Indian food with great Indian beer to complimentSpecial Features:
- Closest to NY Indian RestaurantLivingOnTheBeachVIPDined on 12/21/2013Having lived in Queens, NY and dined at authentic Indian Restaurants in Jackson Heights, I was disappointed with dining experiences at other Indian Restaurants in the Fort Lauderdale area. Fortunately, we found Madras and have enjoyed many Indian dinners there. Have taken friends who agree.Special Features:
- YummyTommyVIPDined on 11/9/2013We got recommendations from our waiter. Everything was delicious and as described.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian gem tucked away in PompanothekeelVIPDined on 10/23/2013Really superb dishes and the menu has been reorganized to make it very accessible. Many good options for vegetarians and vegans. You can tell that the people preparing the food really care about it. Waitress was attentive and helpful. Menu is very reasonably priced. Atmosphere is tranquil and pleasant. Hostess was a bit of an airhead, the only minus in an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!Luv2eatDined on 10/22/2013The food is always divine and very well prepared and presented. It does take a while service wise, but they are always extremely friendly and hospitable. I truly enjoy this authentic Indian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fresh and tastefullyFINEDINERDined on 10/19/2013Food is fresh and tastefully prepared. Pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, friendly staff!KimberlyVIPDined on 9/19/2013Awesome food, friendly staff! Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Finally Found Great Indian FoodCraig4245VIPDined on 9/14/2013Looked and tried several places. This is a great find. Authentic Indian food. I am no expert, but have been to Mumbia... and mmmm this brought back great memories. True and authentic. Our server was great... she guided us through the menu... and was funny... We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Awesome food and excellent service!GTLimerDined on 8/30/2013We really enjoyed the food here.... Stacy our waitress was awesome, she took the time to explain the menu and offered great advice about the food, we will definitely ask for her again when we come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice accommodation.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/7/2013We came at the Buffett but were able to order off the menu. So delicious. Every good food. Super awkward white boy server but whatever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Indian foodICP71Dined on 7/20/2013We loved the food, there is no way it could have been better. The spices, the various textures and incredible Naans did it for us. Decor is so so, but food makes up for it.
- Love It! Wonderful Cuisine!GourmetVIPDined on 7/13/2013Great cuisine and attentive service! I wish it was closer to home, but it's well worth the drive! The chicken biriyani was excellent, and plentiful. All four of us thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and having a $25 coupon for $12.00 made it even more attractive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Indian FoodLisaVIPDined on 6/13/2013Came here after a friend of mine recommended it. Neighborhood isn't the best but the food was great. Nice flavor, able to control the spice level on most of the dishes. Read the horrible reviews about the service so I had low expectations. It was not 5 star service, a bit slow, but fine otherwise. Will return to try more dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and accomodating staffSalsaGirlVIPDined on 5/21/2013I hadn't noticed many Indian restaurants in the area so when I read about Madras, I thought we'd give it a try. I found out 2 weeks ago that I am alergic to shellfish, milk products, wheat, chicken, pork and citrus (among other things) so eating out on this vacation has been a challenge. Raul was very helpful in explaining ingredients in certain sauces and recommending food i could eat. The made to order curry was perfect; I loved the idea of mixing salmon and vegetables in a great sauce. raul also gave us a taste of the mango chutney to add some sweetness to our dishes. I'd highly recommend Madras.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My weekend in Ft LauderdaleMunirVIPDined on 5/18/2013Food was excellent,had an Indian waitress from Trinidad,very friendly and great service.Wish they would open a bar.Business would definitely go up with this surprisingly good food.!Special Features:
- INDIAN FOODjfs226VIPDined on 5/3/2013We happen to LOVE INDIAN FOOD. We have just returned from a 2 week stay in the Country. This place is great,it has something for all types of picky eaters.My son is a vegearian, while the rest of us will eat anything. The tendore specialites are out of sight, as well as all the other preparations. Don't forget to order Dal and Nann. We dine here often, so give this place a try, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedLivingOnTheBeachVIPDined on 3/27/2013Hard to find good Indian Cuisine in Fort Lauderdale. Varied menu, well prepared food, reasonable prices and friendly staff. As someone spoiled by wide selection of excellent Indian Restaurants in NYC, my year of searching for a good one in this area has finally ended.Special Features:
- A treat for your taste buds...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/23/2013Madras is exceptional authentic Indian cuisine. The food is amazing, delicious and reasonably priced. We love it!!!!!Special Features:
- Best Chicken Tikka MasalaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2013Chicken tikka masala was awesome! Waiter wasn't very knowledgeable about other dishes which was disappointing.
- Went on a Sunday evening andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/9/2012Went on a Sunday evening and the restaurant was viritually empty. Service was buffet style .