Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn
10053 Jasper Ave
Edmonton, AB T5J 1S5Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.unionbankinn.com/
- Phone: 7804012222x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00 Am - 10:00 Am, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00 Am - 11:00 Am;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 Am - 3:00 Pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00 Pm - 10:00 Pm, Sunday: 5 Pm - 9 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Charla Padilla
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off Site Catering is considered and reviewed on a case by case basis. We will access each client’s requirements, dates, times, location, etc...And determine if we are able to accept the booking
- Private Party Facilities: The Vintage room: French Doors welcome you to our Private Dining Room surrounded in Cherry wood showcasing some of our Boutique & Estate Wine Collection. The Vintage Room is complimented with a Fireplace and Arched Windows. This intimate space is ideal for your next Dinner, Meeting, or Special Occasion. Audio Visual available
- Private Party Contact: Dining Room Manager 7804012222x
- Cross Street: 100 Street
- Public Transit: LRT and Transit stops at Central conveniently located immediately in front of the hotel
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Multiple parking options. Including Surface Parking in Impark Lot or Covered, heated Parking in Telus or Scotia Parkade. Applicable charges apply
A word from Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn
Madison's Grill, an Edmonton favorite, located in the Historic 4 Star Union Bank Inn in the Heart of the Downtown Business & Arts District. Unparalleled atmosphere with Soaring Columns and Fireplace. Offering Contemporary European Cuisine, our Chefs pride themselves in utilizing the best of local products, and go to great effort working with our local producers and farmers to bring the best ingredients to our customers. Complimented with an extensive Wine list with some unique Estate & Boutique Wines. Offering Private Dining in the Vintage Room for up to 14. The hotel also offers additional meeting space and an Elegant Ballroom. Madison’s offers one of the Best Breakfasts in downtown Edmonton, Lunch with easy access for the downtown Corporate Clients, Evening Dining exceptional any night of the week. The perfect location for your next night out, or for your Group Booking and Events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)romantic (24)great for lunch (14)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (9)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (5)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wonderful way to spend an eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was beautifully decorated and felt cozy. Our server was very attentive and made sure everything was to our liking. The wine was delicious and paired to our courses perfectly. Four hours that it took us to dine flew by. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone wanting fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectTammyDined on 8/25/2014Great staff; friendly, accommodating, and so wonderful! Food is incredible and fit for foodies! Will always go back to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was a great resturant at one timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Lately food and service has not been as good as it used to be. The lunch menu hardly changes and the food is so-so.
- Overall poor experienceTaniaTDined on 7/12/2014We weren't allowed to order the chef's six course meal, mussels were dry, toast, burnt and service although friendly it was SLOW!! This was a total let down I really had expected more. There are many great restaurants in Edmonton now so if you let me down on my first visit I am moving on!
- luv2eatDined on 7/10/2014While the ambiance and service was great our meals where not the best 2 of our party had the stuffed chicken breast and it was fairly dry, one individual had the steak and not the best they have every eaten. One person had the clams appetizer and it was huge enough to feed all four of us, probably 40 - 50 clams on the plate they were completely overwhelmed by the size for an appetizer.Special Features:
- Great AmbienceBuckyBDined on 6/30/2014My wife and I celebrated our 20th Anniversary with a fantastic dinner last Monday night at Madison's. We had a fantastic bottle of wine and accompanied this with there feature stripling with blue cheese. My wife had the Seafood wrap chicken breast. She loved it and it was a fantastic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElaineenjoyedmontonDined on 6/7/2014The Madison Grill has become our go to for special occasions. This past weekend we once again enjoyed the spectacular service (provide by Solomon) and the Chefs 6 course tasting menu which is our favourite. We were hoping to enjoy the new patio however, the weather didn't cooperate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently inconsistent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/5/2014Poor service and inconsistent cooking from the kitchen. Been 3 times. Won't be going back.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/5/2014We really love Madison Grill. It was our second time. Todd was our server again, and made our evening very specialSpecial Features:
- AverageVanderDined on 5/24/2014I as indifferent was not excellent was not bad. I was disappointed in there Caesar salad and nothing else was memorable . Would not return .
- Evening out with the ladiesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014It was a nice quiet restaurant with elegant decor perfect for catching up with a large group. The food was good we had an assortment from Vegetarian Lasagna, lamb, artic char, steak and chicken. Everyone enjoyed the food the only comment was the chicken was a bit on the dry side. The service was good and friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent serverHappyCustomerDined on 5/22/2014The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was great but what stood out to us the best was our amazing server. He went above and beyond to keep us happy and he really made our experiance a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as nice as it has beendiningtheatrefanDined on 5/17/2014Having eaten here several times in the past, as well as hosted our daughter's wedding, we were sorry to see somewhat of a decline in the food and service on this occasion. We were a party of six, all of us well versed in the dining scene in Edmonton and with somewhat high expectations. We found that our meals were on the small side, considering the price, with little embellishment of the plates. However, everything tasted very good but not outstanding. Our waiter was quite pushy, interrupting our quiet conversation instead of waiting for a pause. We found the wine glasses very oversized and since we tried three different bottles of wine, the table became quite crowded. I think that we might wait awhile before coming again.Special Features:
- Not impressedDinnersfor2Dined on 5/11/2014My husband and I had reservations at Madison's Grill for Mother's Day (I was a guest at the hotel for the next 5 nights, my husband drove me from Calgary for us to have a special evening at Madison's and the Union Bank Inn). We arrived at 6:30, ordered our food from the 'special' menu arranged for Mother's Day, and were not served our main courses until after 8:00 p.m. Several apologies were made about this terrible service, but no attempt to comp any items from our substantially large bill. The food and ambience was good, but waiting so long for our meals ruined what was supposed to be a special occasion for my husband and me.Special Features:
- The following 329 reviews are from the Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn reviews archive.
- Portions Too LargeJaydeeDined on 4/28/2014While the food served was very good, the portions were of such a size that none of the three of us decided to have dessert. Had the portions been somewhat smaller, it is highly likely that we would all have ordered dessert. As well, while one of the orders was for a 7 ounce filet, a 12 ounce sirloin was served and this was not ascertained until the bill was provided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/26/2014Saturday was out first time to this restaurant and it won't be the last. The staff were friendly and helpful on questions about the food. The service in bringing out was perfect giving us time to enjoy each part of the meal and then having time inbetween to enjoy conversation. The food was excellent . Again first time but not last.Special Features:
- First timer hereTimmayDined on 4/26/2014Great food and great service. However, the only concern was the pricing and they amount of food you get.Special Features:
- Enjoyed everything but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2014Blackened salmon sandwich was not really "blackened." Had a few specks of pepper. And it was extremely dry. Given the nature of my lunch meeting, it was not convenient to provide that feedback at the time. Every other aspect was great - service, atmosphere...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night liveluvbrowniesDined on 4/19/2014We had a pretty good experience at Madison Grill. One of the party had oysters and said they were so-so. The rest of the meal was good. Chocolate brownies excellent. Doughnuts not. The biggest complaint of the evening was the server reeked of tobacco smoke. Plus my coat was not hung up but thrown on the back of the chair on the next table.Special Features:
- Chicken was a bit drylikesgoodfoodandserviceDined on 4/4/2014Was there for a lunch meeting and ordered the Caesar salad w/grilled chicken. Everything was great, with exception of my lunch - the salad could have been better. There was a lack of dressing (so salad was a bit bland) and the grilled chicken provided was awfully dry. I only ate about half the chicken, and a quarter of the salad. Would not recommend this salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2014We had a wonderful time at the restaurant, attentive service, excellent food, and quiet place to relax and enjoy ourselvesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Madison'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2014We have been to Madison's grill many times over the years this may have been the best meal we have ever had there! Excellent food and service!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014A great experience! We ended up with the private room ,which really suited our group because there was an infant present. There was also a fireplace,It seemed like we were being served in the comfort of our own living room. Excellent entrees,delicious desserts(not too sweet,which was great) Would definitely recommend to many!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously classy breakfastDrDuDined on 3/29/2014Start your day off right with a delicious breakfast, friendly service, and a calm, classy atmosphere! Did I mention the food was amazing!?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality and valueCarleeDined on 3/24/2014Perfect portions, great atmosphere, delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed Madison Grill.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2014We enjoyed Madison Grill. It was our first time there. We plan to return. ThanksSpecial Features:
- I chose the Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2014I chose the Restaurant week special, not becuase it was cheap but because it sounded good. It was not. soup was good, but pasta was thrown together and had a chicken bone in the middle. Disappointing.
- Fair food, Good serviceDinningLoverDined on 3/14/2014I think they pre-made too many portion to prepare for the dinning week crowd which ends up making the salmon and chicken over cook. So as the crepe... Mushy! And the chocolate sauce is too hard for dipping, enough to tell it has been sitting in the fridge for quite a time. Service was excellent, quiet environment and good cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2014I always want to like Madison's but each time I go I am disappointed. Had the dining week option as none of the a la carte menu seemed original. Had the seared scallop salad to start; scallops were well cooked but bland, acidity from the apples was toned down. Salmon and prawns main was equally uninspired; scallops had the most flavour of anything tasted this evening. Even the chocolate torte didn't blow me away, although the texture and consistency was excellent. I find that for the price I should get a solid, if not spectacular meal. Equivalent prices in LA or San Francisco would yield Michelin rated restaurants. Service was very good and definitely the highlight of the evening.
- Wonderful Experience!foodguruDined on 3/6/2014Very nice itimate setting, service was great, food was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedChefJessicaDined on 3/4/2014From start to finish our meals at Madison's were disappointing. The service was however excellent and Todd was amazing! I don't think I will return or recommend Madison's. My boyfriend and my self are both chefs so we know about food. We specifically chose Madison's Grill because of the rave reviews in all sorts of publications and the menu sounded amazing. The steak tar tar was not made with tenderloin and had silver skin and marbling in it. The caesar salad was the quality I would expect at an IHOP. The sea bass smelled so fishy by the time it got to the table we knew that it shouldn't have even been cooked as it was going off. The sticky toffee mini torte was ok but falling apart and was dry. Not the quality we were charged for.
- Standards have dropped at Madison'sPanorama1Dined on 2/28/2014What used to be a culinary delight now struggles to impress with sub-par food and lack-lustre service. The service issue was due to one server in particular - I noticed other servers were more attentive and what I would expect from a fine dining establishment. Fish entrée was lacking in flavor - completely bland. Sticky toffee pudding for dessert was terrible. Not dense and moist as a pudding should be but dry and crumbly. The caramel was not even warm. Pitiful for a $12 dessert.
- Poor customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/25/2014it started with sending back 2 pop that tasted off. the steak that was medium was supposed to be rare. one meal was cold and when reheated still wasnt hot. the waiter did not come back to see if the reheat was any better. they did comp the steak.
- EnjoyedOfficeGuyDined on 2/25/2014Very nice place, service/staff great. Food was good (could be a bit better).Special Features:
- A room full of starsTwinTurboDined on 2/18/2014I dined at Madison's yesterday with several VIPs. We arrived for an early lunch, and a good thing too, because we were able to establish a rapport before the noise level rose alarmingly after 11:30 am. When I made my reservation, I specifically asked for a quiet table to make an intelligent and intelligible conversation amongst five people easier. I am glad I did. Food was fine and prompt service ensured it came on time to get everyone out the door in a timely manner. I had to refill our glasses myself, so no bonus points for attentive service though.
- A cut aboveEdmontonrocksDined on 2/16/2014It is certainly not a place that my wife and I could afford to go to often, the tab for 2 of us was just over $300. That being said, the portions (not huge) were a delight for all of the sences. Taste, presentation and aroma were all first rate. The main course, Elk tenderloin, had to be some of the finest meat I have ever had. The service was available, but not too intrusive, and the ambience was elegant. Definately a recommendation for a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night outpatconDined on 2/16/2014After a slow start service picked up when they picked up the first cocktails. Soup was outstanding. Meals were excellent. Dessert was so so. Service was attentive. Very nice place for a quiet dinner.Special Features:
- Disappointing service, quality foodLenaPDined on 2/16/2014Brought 2 of my friends here for the first time, as the restaurant has great food and can accommodate a celiac diet. We were seated promptly, and everything was fine for the first half of our evening. Our server never returned to our table after our food was brought out (by a different server, the only one in a uniform). Our coffee pots were empty, we wished for water and for the bill. I could not make eye contact with any of the three staff members walking around. Working, for sure, but no one was helping us out. I have never had this experience before at Madison's, and I hope to never again. I found it unsettling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service and Food - AgainEyp708VIPDined on 2/15/2014We had breakfast there on a Saturday, the restaurant was not very busy, w only one server working. The server rushed us through our entire meal and managed to get every aspect wrong - gave us room temperature water for tea, two mimosas when we only ordered one, brought the wrong order, brought the wrong side (all the food was mediocre anyway). Considering from seating to getting our first wrong breakfast took less than 10 minutes (that's faster than a Dennys - seems wrong for a restaurant of this calibre!) - we knew he cared less about service and more about getting people in and out. This is our 2nd visit (we waited 3 years after our first disastrous visit to return), but no improvement. Just avoid this place! Longevity doesn't mean good!
- A bit pricey!LovetodineDined on 2/14/2014Booked in advance of Valentine's day not realizing there would be a set menu for $180 per couple. This did not include any wine. I was disappointed with the amount of food served per course and although my main course of the red snapper was good, the bed of oriental style noodles were mushy to say the least. We overheard other diners complain about the chicken and the noodles. I chose this restaurant as I had a wonderful meal for my 40th and have had great lunches and dinners with friends too. I'd say I found this time to be a little too pricey for the food which was veering on the experimental side of which I'm not a fan. Hope to see this restaurant go back to their basics of uncomplicated fresh ingredients with amazing meat and poultry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.