Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn
10053 Jasper Ave
Edmonton, AB T5J 1S5Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.unionbankinn.com/
- Phone: 7804012222x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00 Am - 10:00 Am, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00 Am - 11:00 Am;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 Am - 4:00 Pm;
Dinner: Monday -Friday: 4:00 Pm - 10:00 Pm, Saturday:5:00Pm-10:00Pm, Sunday: 5 Pm - 9 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Charla Padilla
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off Site Catering is considered and reviewed on a case by case basis. We will access each client’s requirements, dates, times, location, etc...And determine if we are able to accept the booking
- Private Party Facilities: The Vintage room: French Doors welcome you to our Private Dining Room surrounded in Cherry wood showcasing some of our Boutique & Estate Wine Collection. The Vintage Room is complimented with a Fireplace and Arched Windows. This intimate space is ideal for your next Dinner, Meeting, or Special Occasion. Audio Visual available
- Private Party Contact: Dining Room Manager 7804012222x
- Cross Street: 100 Street
- Public Transit: LRT and Transit stops at Central conveniently located immediately in front of the hotel
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Multiple parking options. Including Surface Parking in Impark Lot or Covered, heated Parking in Telus or Scotia Parkade. Applicable charges apply
A word from Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn
Madison's Grill, an Edmonton favorite, located in the Historic 4 Star Union Bank Inn in the Heart of the Downtown Business & Arts District. Unparalleled atmosphere with Soaring Columns and Fireplace. Offering Contemporary European Cuisine, our Chefs pride themselves in utilizing the best of local products, and go to great effort working with our local producers and farmers to bring the best ingredients to our customers. Complimented with an extensive Wine list with some unique Estate & Boutique Wines. Offering Private Dining in the Vintage Room for up to 14. The hotel also offers additional meeting space and an Elegant Ballroom. Madison’s offers one of the Best Breakfasts in downtown Edmonton, Lunch with easy access for the downtown Corporate Clients, Evening Dining exceptional any night of the week. The perfect location for your next night out, or for your Group Booking and Events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (35)romantic (31)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (19)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (5)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- KimKDined on 10/14/2014I've eaten here several times and it's always been excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointingDinerDined on 10/11/2014Despite the nice decor and elegance the food and service were below expectation. The server brought out the wrong entree for one of the guests and offered to replace it but we opted not to wait and eat the wrong entree. The omelet was flavorless and lacked cheese. I requested cheese added and it was added reluctantly but actually didn't add much to the dish. The beverages were overpriced and did not enhance the meal. Overall very disappointing despite the price of the meal. I do no plan to return here.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningDianaDined on 10/10/2014Dining at the Madison is like an excellent meal being served in an elegant , sophisticated living room in a mansion. The wine list is most notable Our server Soloman was attentive and professional A gem for quiet enjoyable diningSpecial Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014The food was delicious. Unfortunately we only had 5 minutes to enjoy it before having to leave for the symphony. We waited for 30 minutes to get drinks and over an hour fifteen before getting our food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Our waitress (Leanne) was great. The food was amazing. We are getting married @ UBI next year, so we wanted to try out the food beforehand and we were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We return to Madison Grill year after year to celebrate our anniversary. As always, menu was interesting, food was well prepared and presented, and service was impeccable. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- datenightDined on 9/27/2014Garret the waiter is new on the job but in our opinion requires more training. several etiquette was missed towards the lady. steak was well done when ordered medium rare. sat for 20 minutes before order was taken. we were compensated for the order mix up. Ambiance was nice and the décor is lovely.Special Features:
- Special OccasionCraigMBDined on 9/25/2014Every few week I like to go out and try a different restaurant that we have never tried before, this time we ventured into the Madison Grill at the Union Bank Inn. Though the parking is not plentiful, we did not mind the short walk. The we were seated quickly and even given our choice between a few tables. It was a little loud, but once the large table beside us left it was much better. Even though they had run out of Innis and Gunn, a personal favorite beer, they did offer some excellent wine choices. The food was very good, and the servers were very attentive. Overall it was a nice experience, and I would likely return and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Great way to spend an eveningTongarirohikerDined on 9/20/2014Excellent food, engaging wait staff. Perfect spot to get away from the kids and enjoy a night out.Special Features:
- Good reviews but not impressed!!UKimportDined on 9/12/2014Poor service forgot the gluten free requirements and only average food. I would not go backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014Food was cold and for the amount of people in the restaurant(very few) service took a long time. Beautiful room and atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014Service seems to be somewhat confused. The 2nd drink we ordered never arrived. Thought we were ordering the lunch soup and sandwich special but we ended up with the soup (perhaps a lunch special by itself) and also a sandwich. The lady who normally greeted me at the entry to lead us to our table was not there - service seems to have gone down a notch since she has left (or perhaps she is simply on vacation)
- Wonderful way to spend an eveningFinediningfindDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was beautifully decorated and felt cozy. Our server was very attentive and made sure everything was to our liking. The wine was delicious and paired to our courses perfectly. Four hours that it took us to dine flew by. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone wanting fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectTammyDined on 8/25/2014Great staff; friendly, accommodating, and so wonderful! Food is incredible and fit for foodies! Will always go back to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was a great resturant at one timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Lately food and service has not been as good as it used to be. The lunch menu hardly changes and the food is so-so.
- Overall poor experienceTaniaTDined on 7/12/2014We weren't allowed to order the chef's six course meal, mussels were dry, toast, burnt and service although friendly it was SLOW!! This was a total let down I really had expected more. There are many great restaurants in Edmonton now so if you let me down on my first visit I am moving on!
- luv2eatDined on 7/10/2014While the ambiance and service was great our meals where not the best 2 of our party had the stuffed chicken breast and it was fairly dry, one individual had the steak and not the best they have every eaten. One person had the clams appetizer and it was huge enough to feed all four of us, probably 40 - 50 clams on the plate they were completely overwhelmed by the size for an appetizer.Special Features:
- Great AmbienceBuckyBDined on 6/30/2014My wife and I celebrated our 20th Anniversary with a fantastic dinner last Monday night at Madison's. We had a fantastic bottle of wine and accompanied this with there feature stripling with blue cheese. My wife had the Seafood wrap chicken breast. She loved it and it was a fantastic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 337 reviews are from the Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn reviews archive.
- ElaineenjoyedmontonDined on 6/7/2014The Madison Grill has become our go to for special occasions. This past weekend we once again enjoyed the spectacular service (provide by Solomon) and the Chefs 6 course tasting menu which is our favourite. We were hoping to enjoy the new patio however, the weather didn't cooperate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently inconsistent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/5/2014Poor service and inconsistent cooking from the kitchen. Been 3 times. Won't be going back.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/5/2014We really love Madison Grill. It was our second time. Todd was our server again, and made our evening very specialSpecial Features:
- AverageVanderDined on 5/24/2014I as indifferent was not excellent was not bad. I was disappointed in there Caesar salad and nothing else was memorable . Would not return .
- Evening out with the ladiesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014It was a nice quiet restaurant with elegant decor perfect for catching up with a large group. The food was good we had an assortment from Vegetarian Lasagna, lamb, artic char, steak and chicken. Everyone enjoyed the food the only comment was the chicken was a bit on the dry side. The service was good and friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent serverHappyCustomerDined on 5/22/2014The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was great but what stood out to us the best was our amazing server. He went above and beyond to keep us happy and he really made our experiance a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as nice as it has beendiningtheatrefanDined on 5/17/2014Having eaten here several times in the past, as well as hosted our daughter's wedding, we were sorry to see somewhat of a decline in the food and service on this occasion. We were a party of six, all of us well versed in the dining scene in Edmonton and with somewhat high expectations. We found that our meals were on the small side, considering the price, with little embellishment of the plates. However, everything tasted very good but not outstanding. Our waiter was quite pushy, interrupting our quiet conversation instead of waiting for a pause. We found the wine glasses very oversized and since we tried three different bottles of wine, the table became quite crowded. I think that we might wait awhile before coming again.Special Features:
- Not impressedDinnersfor2Dined on 5/11/2014My husband and I had reservations at Madison's Grill for Mother's Day (I was a guest at the hotel for the next 5 nights, my husband drove me from Calgary for us to have a special evening at Madison's and the Union Bank Inn). We arrived at 6:30, ordered our food from the 'special' menu arranged for Mother's Day, and were not served our main courses until after 8:00 p.m. Several apologies were made about this terrible service, but no attempt to comp any items from our substantially large bill. The food and ambience was good, but waiting so long for our meals ruined what was supposed to be a special occasion for my husband and me.Special Features:
- Portions Too LargeJaydeeDined on 4/28/2014While the food served was very good, the portions were of such a size that none of the three of us decided to have dessert. Had the portions been somewhat smaller, it is highly likely that we would all have ordered dessert. As well, while one of the orders was for a 7 ounce filet, a 12 ounce sirloin was served and this was not ascertained until the bill was provided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/26/2014Saturday was out first time to this restaurant and it won't be the last. The staff were friendly and helpful on questions about the food. The service in bringing out was perfect giving us time to enjoy each part of the meal and then having time inbetween to enjoy conversation. The food was excellent . Again first time but not last.Special Features:
- First timer hereTimmayDined on 4/26/2014Great food and great service. However, the only concern was the pricing and they amount of food you get.Special Features:
- Enjoyed everything but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2014Blackened salmon sandwich was not really "blackened." Had a few specks of pepper. And it was extremely dry. Given the nature of my lunch meeting, it was not convenient to provide that feedback at the time. Every other aspect was great - service, atmosphere...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night liveluvbrowniesDined on 4/19/2014We had a pretty good experience at Madison Grill. One of the party had oysters and said they were so-so. The rest of the meal was good. Chocolate brownies excellent. Doughnuts not. The biggest complaint of the evening was the server reeked of tobacco smoke. Plus my coat was not hung up but thrown on the back of the chair on the next table.Special Features:
- Chicken was a bit drylikesgoodfoodandserviceDined on 4/4/2014Was there for a lunch meeting and ordered the Caesar salad w/grilled chicken. Everything was great, with exception of my lunch - the salad could have been better. There was a lack of dressing (so salad was a bit bland) and the grilled chicken provided was awfully dry. I only ate about half the chicken, and a quarter of the salad. Would not recommend this salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2014We had a wonderful time at the restaurant, attentive service, excellent food, and quiet place to relax and enjoy ourselvesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Madison'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2014We have been to Madison's grill many times over the years this may have been the best meal we have ever had there! Excellent food and service!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014A great experience! We ended up with the private room ,which really suited our group because there was an infant present. There was also a fireplace,It seemed like we were being served in the comfort of our own living room. Excellent entrees,delicious desserts(not too sweet,which was great) Would definitely recommend to many!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously classy breakfastDrDuDined on 3/29/2014Start your day off right with a delicious breakfast, friendly service, and a calm, classy atmosphere! Did I mention the food was amazing!?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality and valueCarleeDined on 3/24/2014Perfect portions, great atmosphere, delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed Madison Grill.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2014We enjoyed Madison Grill. It was our first time there. We plan to return. ThanksSpecial Features:
- I chose the Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2014I chose the Restaurant week special, not becuase it was cheap but because it sounded good. It was not. soup was good, but pasta was thrown together and had a chicken bone in the middle. Disappointing.
- Fair food, Good serviceDinningLoverDined on 3/14/2014I think they pre-made too many portion to prepare for the dinning week crowd which ends up making the salmon and chicken over cook. So as the crepe... Mushy! And the chocolate sauce is too hard for dipping, enough to tell it has been sitting in the fridge for quite a time. Service was excellent, quiet environment and good cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.