Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn
10053 Jasper Ave
Edmonton, AB T5J 1S5Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.unionbankinn.com/
- Phone: (780) 401-2222
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00 Am - 10:00 Am, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00 Am - 11:00 Am;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 Am - 4:00 Pm;
Dinner: Monday -Friday: 4:00 Pm - 10:00 Pm, Saturday:5:00Pm-10:00Pm, Sunday: 5 Pm - 9 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Charla Padilla
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off Site Catering is considered and reviewed on a case by case basis. We will access each client’s requirements, dates, times, location, etc...And determine if we are able to accept the booking
- Private Party Facilities: The Vintage room: French Doors welcome you to our Private Dining Room surrounded in Cherry wood showcasing some of our Boutique & Estate Wine Collection. The Vintage Room is complimented with a Fireplace and Arched Windows. This intimate space is ideal for your next Dinner, Meeting, or Special Occasion. Audio Visual available
- Private Party Contact: Dining Room Manager 7804012222x
- Cross Street: 100 Street
- Public Transit: LRT and Transit stops at Central conveniently located immediately in front of the hotel
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Multiple parking options. Including Surface Parking in Impark Lot or Covered, heated Parking in Telus or Scotia Parkade. Applicable charges apply
A word from Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn
Madison's Grill, an Edmonton favorite, located in the Historic 4 Star Union Bank Inn in the Heart of the Downtown Business & Arts District. Unparalleled atmosphere with Soaring Columns and Fireplace. Offering Contemporary European Cuisine, our Chefs pride themselves in utilizing the best of local products, and go to great effort working with our local producers and farmers to bring the best ingredients to our customers. Complimented with an extensive Wine list with some unique Estate & Boutique Wines. Offering Private Dining in the Vintage Room for up to 14. The hotel also offers additional meeting space and an Elegant Ballroom. Madison’s offers one of the Best Breakfasts in downtown Edmonton, Lunch with easy access for the downtown Corporate Clients, Evening Dining exceptional any night of the week. The perfect location for your next night out, or for your Group Booking and Events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)romantic (42)fit for foodies (32)great for lunch (20)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- I'll be backtwotimerDined on 11/22/2014This was the second time I visited Madison's and I'll be back. The staff was extremely cordial and allowed me to choose a corner table. The set menu was intriguing even for someone like me that has never heard of half the ingredients listed. Sorry, but I didn't study the menu to try and talk about the name of the dishes but the crab balls would be something I would like to see at Taste of Edmonton. They were a big hit and would give the mushroom caps from the Gaslight or Gashouse Restaurant a run for their money. My companion had a steak and she found the portion quite filling. For myself I like to try things I wouldn't normally cook at home so I had the Duck, Duck Goose. A little disappointing in that it should have been called the Goose Goose Duck, more goose than duck. The Goose was a little fleshy at one end but tasted delicious. The duck was two wafers that were heavily grill marked on one side, tough and dry. Certainly not as good as the lamb I had the first time at Madison's. Regardless, I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Dined here on previous occasions and the food was somewhat less appealing for us as before. I ordered the duck leg and it was overcooked not flavorful. I ate the vegetable and left the leg. I spoke to the waiter and suggested that the chef should not even have sent it out because he could not have been proud of it and the second line of defense was the waiter who brought it out. As soon as it was placed on the table my associate said that it looked overcooked and dry. I tried it and it was both. Still got charged for it. Service was very good beyond that. Steaks were not as well prepared as before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive.ExtremelyfullDined on 11/15/2014This is our second time there, and we were just as impressed as the first time. Very enjoyable. Food was excellent as well as the service. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MCABEDined on 11/12/2014I always enjoy dining at Madison's. Great food, excellent service, and periodic menu changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pomeVIPDined on 11/12/2014Always great ambience! The service is friendly and effecient. Food is very goodSpecial Features:
- dinner44Dined on 11/9/2014We dined at Madison's on a Sunday evening to celebrate a special anniversary. We were more than a little disappointed to find that they were out of all of the dishes on the menu that we were interested in ordering - in every category - appetizers, salads, main courses and add-ons offered on the menu. We tried very hard to maintain a sense of humour about it. The steak my husband had was chewy and not to the quality it should have been compared to the cost. Despite it all, our waiter made sure that we were kept as happy as possible, but it was a challenging dining experience.Special Features:
- Breakfast November 9, 2014whittletDined on 11/9/2014I reserved a table for 6 for breakfast on Sunday, November 9th. It was a girls birthday breakfast. The food was good, but our service was alright and it was FREEZING in the restaurant. The first big snow of the year happened the day before and it got very cold that Sunday. It seemed like someone had a door open. The guests had their coats on and our food became cold very quickly.Special Features:
- DennisVIPDined on 11/7/2014Waiter very friendly and knowledgeble about the menu for this dinner. service was excellent, presentation of food excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CJ PrinceExcellentDined on 11/1/2014I had the occasion to take a friend out to acknowledge a life transition and decided upon the Madison Grill. We all thoroughly enjoyed our evening. The food was fantastic. Amazing ambiance and the service was superb! I would recommend if you are looking for great fine dinnning to check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdmontonfoodieDined on 11/1/2014The buns were good. The amuse-bouche was nicely presented but did not offer much in the way of flavour. Our Caesar salad was just okay. The dressing wasn't very tart or creamy. Our meal arrived two hours after we got there and we had ordered right off the bat. My daughter and I were very disappointed in the halibut. It was dry and tasteless. It seemed that it had been previously frozen. There is no use serving fish unless it is fresh. The waiter was most accommodating and offered us the steak and lobster. The steak was fine but the lobster was not that great. Your restaurant is very attractive and we really liked our waiter. But I would not dine in your restaurant again. You really need to step up your food offerings.Special Features:
- 44foreverDined on 10/29/2014The staff were especially pleasant and helpful. Even though one order was not cooked to our satisfaction it was replaced without question and with sincere apologies. The food was good and tastefully displayed. All in all it was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Poor servicesrrdDined on 10/24/2014There were 7 of us, but was quiet for a friday. So 4 hours was way to long to wait cosidering we h2 or three courses. Specialty coffes were sat behind us waiting to come to the table for about 5 minuets.
- One of the best in a Year.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014That may have been one of the best restaurant experiences i have had in edmonton in the past year, the service was incredibly well catered too the meal I was having and he was excellent. The food was prepared and present in spectacular ways. All the best, I hope to be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and Elegant BreakfastelsiegDined on 10/22/2014Madison's does not disappoint its clientele with superbly prepared and presented meals!Special Features:
- Very GoodDavyDined on 10/18/2014We go every year and they never disappoint :) It is always a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OK. OverpricedAguiarVIPDined on 10/16/2014The food is just OK. I waited 15 minute by a salad and 40 minutes for main plate. I've ordered a hose salad (the quantity was so big, more than supposal to be). For main plate I ordered Robust Oxtail Bourguignon. 50% of the food was fat. I have eaten better. The service was just OK. At the end I can say: Overprice dSpecial Features:
- KimKDined on 10/14/2014I've eaten here several times and it's always been excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointingDinerDined on 10/11/2014Despite the nice decor and elegance the food and service were below expectation. The server brought out the wrong entree for one of the guests and offered to replace it but we opted not to wait and eat the wrong entree. The omelet was flavorless and lacked cheese. I requested cheese added and it was added reluctantly but actually didn't add much to the dish. The beverages were overpriced and did not enhance the meal. Overall very disappointing despite the price of the meal. I do no plan to return here.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningDianaDined on 10/10/2014Dining at the Madison is like an excellent meal being served in an elegant , sophisticated living room in a mansion. The wine list is most notable Our server Soloman was attentive and professional A gem for quiet enjoyable diningSpecial Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014The food was delicious. Unfortunately we only had 5 minutes to enjoy it before having to leave for the symphony. We waited for 30 minutes to get drinks and over an hour fifteen before getting our food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Our waitress (Leanne) was great. The food was amazing. We are getting married @ UBI next year, so we wanted to try out the food beforehand and we were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemHankaDined on 9/27/2014We return to Madison Grill year after year to celebrate our anniversary. As always, menu was interesting, food was well prepared and presented, and service was impeccable. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- datenightDined on 9/27/2014Garret the waiter is new on the job but in our opinion requires more training. several etiquette was missed towards the lady. steak was well done when ordered medium rare. sat for 20 minutes before order was taken. we were compensated for the order mix up. Ambiance was nice and the décor is lovely.Special Features:
- Special OccasionCraigMBDined on 9/25/2014Every few week I like to go out and try a different restaurant that we have never tried before, this time we ventured into the Madison Grill at the Union Bank Inn. Though the parking is not plentiful, we did not mind the short walk. The we were seated quickly and even given our choice between a few tables. It was a little loud, but once the large table beside us left it was much better. Even though they had run out of Innis and Gunn, a personal favorite beer, they did offer some excellent wine choices. The food was very good, and the servers were very attentive. Overall it was a nice experience, and I would likely return and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Great way to spend an eveningTongarirohikerDined on 9/20/2014Excellent food, engaging wait staff. Perfect spot to get away from the kids and enjoy a night out.Special Features:
- Good reviews but not impressed!!UKimportDined on 9/12/2014Poor service forgot the gluten free requirements and only average food. I would not go backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014Food was cold and for the amount of people in the restaurant(very few) service took a long time. Beautiful room and atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014Service seems to be somewhat confused. The 2nd drink we ordered never arrived. Thought we were ordering the lunch soup and sandwich special but we ended up with the soup (perhaps a lunch special by itself) and also a sandwich. The lady who normally greeted me at the entry to lead us to our table was not there - service seems to have gone down a notch since she has left (or perhaps she is simply on vacation)
- Wonderful way to spend an eveningFinediningfindDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was beautifully decorated and felt cozy. Our server was very attentive and made sure everything was to our liking. The wine was delicious and paired to our courses perfectly. Four hours that it took us to dine flew by. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone wanting fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectTammyDined on 8/25/2014Great staff; friendly, accommodating, and so wonderful! Food is incredible and fit for foodies! Will always go back to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was a great resturant at one timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Lately food and service has not been as good as it used to be. The lunch menu hardly changes and the food is so-so.
- The following 340 reviews are from the Madison's Grill - Union Bank Inn reviews archive.
- Overall poor experienceTaniaTDined on 7/12/2014We weren't allowed to order the chef's six course meal, mussels were dry, toast, burnt and service although friendly it was SLOW!! This was a total let down I really had expected more. There are many great restaurants in Edmonton now so if you let me down on my first visit I am moving on!
- luv2eatDined on 7/10/2014While the ambiance and service was great our meals where not the best 2 of our party had the stuffed chicken breast and it was fairly dry, one individual had the steak and not the best they have every eaten. One person had the clams appetizer and it was huge enough to feed all four of us, probably 40 - 50 clams on the plate they were completely overwhelmed by the size for an appetizer.Special Features:
- Great AmbienceBuckyBDined on 6/30/2014My wife and I celebrated our 20th Anniversary with a fantastic dinner last Monday night at Madison's. We had a fantastic bottle of wine and accompanied this with there feature stripling with blue cheese. My wife had the Seafood wrap chicken breast. She loved it and it was a fantastic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElaineenjoyedmontonDined on 6/7/2014The Madison Grill has become our go to for special occasions. This past weekend we once again enjoyed the spectacular service (provide by Solomon) and the Chefs 6 course tasting menu which is our favourite. We were hoping to enjoy the new patio however, the weather didn't cooperate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently inconsistent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/5/2014Poor service and inconsistent cooking from the kitchen. Been 3 times. Won't be going back.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/5/2014We really love Madison Grill. It was our second time. Todd was our server again, and made our evening very specialSpecial Features:
- AverageVanderDined on 5/24/2014I as indifferent was not excellent was not bad. I was disappointed in there Caesar salad and nothing else was memorable . Would not return .
- Evening out with the ladiesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014It was a nice quiet restaurant with elegant decor perfect for catching up with a large group. The food was good we had an assortment from Vegetarian Lasagna, lamb, artic char, steak and chicken. Everyone enjoyed the food the only comment was the chicken was a bit on the dry side. The service was good and friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent serverHappyCustomerDined on 5/22/2014The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was great but what stood out to us the best was our amazing server. He went above and beyond to keep us happy and he really made our experiance a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.