Madison & Vine
299 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Madison & Vine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hospitalityholdings.com/
- Phone: 2128675535
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday Brunch: 11:30 - 4 p.m.,Saturday Dinner: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 11:30 - 4 p.m. Sunday Dinner: 4 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Madison & Vine
Midtown's American Bistro and International Wine Bar offers a casually elegant atmosphere. Enjoy a complimentary Artisanal cheese plate with the purchase of a bottle of wine between 3:00pm - 6:00pm. Now Serving Brunch on Saturdays, 11:30 am. to 4 p.m. and Dinner on Sundays from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Madison & Vine reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (34)neighborhood gem (11)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)fit for foodies (7)romantic (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great lunch spotgfamjamDined on 8/21/2014Went there with a coworker and the food was great - our don't see lamb for lunch every where!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joe2VIPDined on 8/18/2014nice food/place but noisy with doors open to the street
- EhhhhhhRobertoDined on 8/14/20143 hosts an 1 waitress seriously I don't mind waiting for food if my drink is full
- MickeyDined on 8/14/2014Excellent raw products food prep techniques. A bit pricey.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/12/2014The food is good as is the service... the noise level is a bit high and the outdoor seats are uncomfortable.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We really enjoyed the spinach dip appetizer. The burger was good. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply delicious afternoon brunch!scottyVIPDined on 8/9/2014This place has one of the best BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. Great for a midtown quick stop on a Saturday afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MiddlingDined on 8/4/2014Lunch for 2: both orders were very late, and not quite what we ordered (or what the menue described). Ate at the bar, friendly bartender but not attentive enough. I had to ask after the food did not appear for a half hour (steak sandwich and nicoise salad). No anchovies on the nicoise. Kitchen seems poorly managed.
- Second time with terrible serviceklunettaVIPDined on 7/16/2014In the last 2 weeks, I have gone to this restaurant twice -- once for lunch and once for dinner. Both times the service was abominable. Took forever for the waiter to take our drink order, food order, and bring us the check -- 15 minutes from the time we asked for the check. The first time, at lunch, I ordered the steak salad -- medium rare -- with the dressing on the side. What I got was the NY strip steak entree with sauteed spinach. And the steak was medium well. I waited about 10 minutes before I started eating the steak, hoping to catch our waiter. Never even saw him. So I cut into the steak and it was WAY over cooked. I ended up eating the whole thing anyway, because we were running out of time.Special Features:
- Noisy but GoodJerseyBklynGirlDined on 7/14/2014Food was very good. Space is very tight, loud and energetic. Great for lunch with friends or co-workers. Not for business or romantic dinners. Only issue is the wait service was lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehDrDyspepsiaDined on 7/8/2014Went for dinner. Food OK, nothing special. Service slow, but it was very busy. I hear it's great for lunch.
- Divine spot to wine & dineyisrael2Dined on 7/2/2014Good choice of salads and high-end cuisine entrees. Convenient mid-town location makes it a natural business lunch spot. Responsive service. Opened promptly at 11:30am and gave us the table we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but terrible serviceUchusky99Dined on 7/1/2014The staff-several-had an attitude. They were not very busy, but we ha to ask several times for basics-like salt and ketchup for fries. Not only did they not bring what we asked without repeated asks, they acted as though we were really putting them out. For the price of the food and the snootiness of the staff-the service should have been much better.Special Features:
- LunchlunchloverDined on 6/25/2014Very busy lunchtime. Tables a bit too close. Food was fabulous, service was not.trying to get a waiter's attention was difficult and even after ordering it was a toss up whether the drinks would arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Request tables by windowscaseybVIPDined on 6/25/2014I arrived my party was shown to the worst table in the entire restaurant- near the doorway, in the middle of a non-aisle with lots of traffic all around. Not exactly what I had in mind for a quiet business lunch with a client. There were several other two top tables near windows or away from the door that were marked "reserved". Confused, because I too made a reservation, asked why I got the walk-in table and was told that they included in their reservation a preference to sit at a window, etc. Note made to self. After waiting to speak with the manager, we were given a much better table away from the entrance. The server was great. Food was okay but typical for a midtown place. I'd go back but make sure to request a window seat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/14/2014Went for brunch on Saturday. The service was slow - not sure if short-staffed - but order taken by bartender who was not totally familiar with the menu. Food was a bit bland when it arrived and was disappointed that it arrived at the same time as the patrons who came in 15 minutes after I did. Also problems with credit card machine as it took a while to process the order. Overall, this is a nice location and it always seemed busy and vibrant, thus my desire to check out the establishment. Would go back again on a different day to be sure this was just a one-off.Special Features:
- Great EnergyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Fun drinks and a great vibe. Food is pricey for the quality ( instant mashed potatoes with meatloaf). But it is a fun place. They should have more of a bar menu rather than a dining menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UESFOODIEVIPDined on 6/4/2014We had a reservation for lunch, but the table was so tight in the middle of the room that we opted for the bar, which was great. We both had the prix fixe lunch and both had the chopped salad. I am glad I did not get the chopped salad as an entree--mostly iceberg lettuce, little else and would not order again. The lamb sandwich was very good and I would recommend it. The only other issue is that is took forever to get our entree and thus caused us to be out of the office for 2 hours--not good. Overall, a bit pricey and amateur service.Special Features:
- It was okay.DinerDined on 6/2/2014The service was pretty good. The food was alright. I ordered the chicken paillard. The dish comes with arugula and some parmesan cheese. They put way too much arugula. the poor chicken breast was hidden underneath a forest of greens. I found the chicken a bit dry.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotJerseyBklynGirlDined on 5/21/2014Food was very good. Great lunch spot. My only issue is I feel like I am squeezed in to tight with other patrons. It's a bit loud, but personally does not bother me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HfishDined on 5/16/2014We had a lovely dinner. Cocktails, steamed mussels what a treat. We have already made reservations to return.
- Overall Good ExperienceHtchbckdrbVIPDined on 5/12/2014Small restaurant on the corner, but huge double doors that open out on to 41st - really nice with the warm weather. The service was great, good looking menu, but the salad I ordered (baby spinach) was considerably smaller than everyone else at the table. It was a good salad, it just wasn't that filling. For example, it said it had mushrooms, goat cheese, and bacon - it was 1 mushroom, cut up in to 4 pieces and each piece had a small piece of goat cheese on it. The bacon was very good. But combined with the small pile of baby spinach, it was just a little underwhelming. I would likely go back though and try something different - its a great location and everyone else seemed to really enjoy their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 510 reviews are from the Madison & Vine reviews archive.
- Late Lunch/early dinnerlatelunchVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great food, ambience, and service. The Long Island Panyonck Cabernet Franc was an added plus. It went beautifully with our salmon, divers scallop and chicken dishes.Special Features:
- Good for lunch during the work weekZaazieDined on 4/18/2014The skirt steak is fantastic! Great spot for a quick work lunch.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereGreatplaceDined on 4/17/2014Food was excellent, great lunch menu, good service and lots of energySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but CrowdedLWH223Dined on 4/15/2014The food and service were very good, but the tables were on top of each other (outdoor space not open, due to rain) which made it noisy and difficult to have a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and timeLiv2dineDined on 4/9/2014I've have eaten here a few times and have always enjoyed my meal. It never gets too crowded and the food portions are just right. On warmer days, have also enjoyed the rooftop bar. Never been disappointed with the food or service, will continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was fineParker705VIPDined on 4/6/2014I was entertaining a visiting friend....and M & V was in the right location, so we brunched there. It was just fine....not extraordinary, not bad. Everything was what you'd expect.....average.
- Exceptionally Poor ServiceFoodaholicDined on 4/5/2014This past weekend, on a whim, my girlfriend and I has to meet up with a few friends later that night so we decided to make a quick reservation and stop by Madison and Vine for dinner. From the beginning it seemed like any normal night there. Upon seating the waiter asked for our water selection and brought it over, but then he never came back. I mean he never came back. After waiting about 20 or so minutes the maître de happened to come over and ask us about our evening. After informing him that we were waiting over twenty minutes for the waiter to come back to us, he offered no apology and just preceded to take our order. We never saw the waiter again that night other than to ask us about dessert. A horrible, disrespectful experience.
- Very good foodredsugarplumVIPDined on 3/29/2014The food was impressive which made my brunch here so much better. Also, the service was good given that they did not have my wine choice which they replaced with a suitable alternative.Special Features:
- Convenient location. FoodSobeVIPDined on 3/28/2014Convenient location. Food options limited. Nice wine list. Decent foodSpecial Features:
- Last ResortRSHouck3VIPDined on 3/26/2014I wanted a place close to GCT but Restaurant Week meant no table available. So I came to M&V. The tables are jammed right on top of each other. I could hear the other table's conversation as well as my own - which I could hardly hear at all. So if you are eating alone, reading your iPhone, you are fine. Otherwise, prepare to shout. The food was good, but probably 25% more than I would have paid for the equivalent at the places I had in mind close by. There MUST be something I am missing because the place was PACKED at lunch. I will not come again. You can have my table. The service WAS attentive and I felt sorry for the poor woman who had to deal with the din.
- Neighborhood Wine BarNYDinerDined on 3/22/2014Madison & Vine is a nice, quiet wine bar associated with the Library Hotel near the main New York Public Library building. Great wine selection, and the appetizers we ordered were good. It's a nice place to get a glass of wine or two with some friends. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- CFO on the GoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/18/2014Always an excellent experience. Something for everyone be it business, pleasure or anything elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to write home about...innycvianjVIPDined on 3/14/2014The place and service was nice but the food was ok. Very expensive but it's midtown, so it's expected.
- Too expensiveJasboDined on 3/14/2014The service was efficient and pleasant but the food and wines were too costly considering their mediocrity.
- Tables are too close together...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/7/2014I've been here a coupe times for a business lunch, and my only complaint is that the tables are too close together making conversations from other tables very loud and distracting.
- Great Lunch Spot in the area...scottyVIPDined on 3/1/2014Highlight: The have an exceptional BBQ Chicken Sandwich! Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicest service-worst Cobb saladDisappointedbutfun1Dined on 2/28/2014Love the location, atmosphere, and servers were the nicest ever. That said I have never tasted a worse Cobb salad.Special Features:
- Delicious repeat visit...scottyVIPDined on 2/16/2014Another simple delicious lunch…. Service was impeccable… Our waiter was very accommodating with our multiple special requests. We were very appreciative of the white glove service! Highlights are their BBQ Chicken Sandwich & Cob Salad…Special Features: