423 SE SECOND STREET
Evansville, IN 47713Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.madeleinesfusion.com/
- Phone: 8124918611
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Timothy Mills
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Madeleine's
Madeleine’s, located in the heart of the Historic District, is Evansville’s only Fusion Restaurant. Chef Timothy Mills, of The Culinary Institute of America, and Tyra Sikkink named their casual elegant restaurant in honor of their daughter Madeleine. Chef Mills brings his experience from around the country, including New York and Washington, D.C. to the Tri-State. The menu changes weekly and features the freshest seafood and choice meats combined with a fusion flair that makes your dining experience truly unique and pleasurable every time. Our wine cellar houses the Tri-State’s finest selection of premium wines, while our bar features numerous premium liquors and a fusion specialty, Sake Martinis. Whatever the occasion, a romantic dinner, dinning with friends, business entertainment, or just a love of fine food, Madeleine’s is sure to pleaseContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Madeleine's - Best Restaurants in Evansville ›
Madeleine's reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (27)special occasion (27)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (15)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (7)good for groups (6)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- First Class ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014This place stands out from the ordinary. The minute you walk in the door you can feel the calm and warm atmosphere. The level of personal attention and caring invite you into an evening with new friends. The wine list is unmatched in the area and the food is a treat to see as wlll as enjoy for every option from start to the wonderful deserts. An enjoyable event every time I get to visit.Special Features:
- Jewel On the Ohio.BeardsleyVIPDined on 9/3/2014What a find! I love happening on one-of-a-kind Single-Propriator locations known for "something" whether a dive diner or a high-end dining experience. Madeleine's is the latter. Nestled in Evansville's Historic district among turn of the century homes its easy to drive by even if youre looking for it. The food, ambiance and wine were exceptional. While a choice between Prime and Dry Aged beef was a nice touch one doesn't expect to find a Calamari Tender preperation of this quality in a quaint Ohio River Town setting. Madeleine's will be my default choice whenever my travels take me to Evansville in the future.Special Features:
- Great nite outCarlDined on 8/28/2014Very timely and knowledgeble staff, calamari excellent and very unique, steak was as good as I've had any where. It was a very cool evening trying creative mixed drinks and hanging out with friends on the very cool patio after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Madeleine'sWinenDineDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I had our 26th anniversary at Madeleine's this past Thursday evening. Emma was our waitress and she was Great! I had the bone-in Ribeye MR and it was cooked to perfection! Very Good! My wife ordered the Frog Leggs and she was not quite as satisfied with her meal. Wine choice was The Prisoner......very good. Recommend this place for sure.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointing for a FusionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Located in the historic district of Evansville, everything was tastefully done, except for the food and the service. The food was good but not great, and the server, although attentive, served us the wrong entree and failed to bring us a side dish that we ordered. The prices seemed a bit high for what we received. Since you have to go out of your way to get there, you should probably find out from others, who are familiar with the restaurant, what dishes are worth ordering.Special Features:
- DukeDukeDined on 8/15/2014Madeleine's provided a quiet dinner for my wife and I to enjoy our anniversary. We were seated immediately when we arrived. The duck was fantastic. The rack of lamb was just average. The outdoor seating was romantic and comfortable. A very nice dinner with good service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday CelebrationCuriousDiner88Dined on 8/15/2014I booked Madeleine's to celebrate my best friend's birthday and my own to top off our girl's day. It was perfect from the moment we sat down. I had asked if they did anything special for birthdays to include it. I was presently surprised to find the table decorated with birthday items. It was sweet. Our waitress was perfect. Attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. The food was delicious from start to finish. I just wish I had enough room to finish the Vidalia Onion soup. Yum! My friend enjoyed her meal as well. It's the perfect spot for friends looking for a higher-end birthday celebration, a romantic date, an anniversary or just wanting something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IndyvisitorsDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful meal, especially enjoyed the duck. Great desserts! Great saki style martinis! What a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steaknutsforsteakDined on 7/22/2014The steak was over cooked. However, it was still very good. Very large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Find!!!!!RoosterDined on 7/12/2014Went to Madeleine's for a second first date in 25 years. Right off the bat the Chef Tim greeted us, Corey the mixologist poured a generous glass of wine and Sadia our server was very pleasant and personable. The food was great, the wine list extensive and the atmosphere was outstanding. The restaurant closes at 10 but we went out back to the outdoor dining area after dinner and stayed until 1 or maybe 2...we lost track of time. Tisha (?) Tim's wife and Madeleine (their daughter) came out and we had a wonderful conversation. This is definitely a wonderful place to come and enjoy food...A diamond in the rough in Evansville, IN of all places. PS-I went with a lifelong resident of Evansville and this was their first time....Loved It!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "gem" of a place.HobinDined on 7/12/2014Not what you would expect in a city like Evansville where chain restaurants dominate. I have not been disappointed the 3 times I have frequent. Still lovin' the Lobster Mac n' Cheese and the vanilla cheese cake was sooo yummy !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely placeEmilyDined on 6/24/2014We were on vacation with the kids going to Holiday World during the day and eating well at night. Madeleine's was by far one of the best places we've eaten. The sweetbreads were unbelievable. The duck was delicious. They made the very best chicken fingers for the kids that I've ever had. The wine was amazing. Dessert was ok. Or was not the strongest dish of the night but certainly good. The ambience was amazing and the owner was especially kind to our children who are well behaved but at 6and 4, young all the same. A big recommendation for this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousMrandmrsHDined on 6/21/2014We have found a gem! Great food friendly owners, great wine list. Beautiful surrounding with the greatest collectic silverware and plates. I can't wait to bring more of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in a little town...familyfoodiesVIPDined on 6/21/2014This was our second time at Madeleine's and we really enjoyed dinning there. Our kids are in competitive swimming and we travel to Newburgh/Evansville once a year in the summer time. The particularly outstanding dishes of the night were the deviled eggs with the watermelon relish, the rabbit in a mushroom cream based sauce and the vanilla cheesecake. The waitress was very accommodating taking care of our kids (10 and 12) who enjoyed the grilled salmon with a side of one of the best mac and cheese I ever tried. The place is a little quiet and more on the romantic side for a family with young children. We highly recommend it for a special occasion and its historical location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant DiningTravellerDined on 6/18/2014The owner has demonstrated pure genius in creating the perfect setting. Great venue with delicious food. Makes me want to move to Evansville. Ah well, Maybe Madelein's will come to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menuIndytimVIPDined on 5/29/2014Menu frequently changes with one creative dish after another. Always perfectly spiced and prepared. Seafood, steaks, lamb and poultry are always top quality.Special Features:
- The following 153 reviews are from the Madeleine's reviews archive.
- Fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014We enjoyed our 10th anniversary dinner here, wonderful service and a nice atmosphere with a number of different areas to take in your meal. The menu changes often enough to always keep Madeline's fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at its bestTlewis3033Dined on 5/20/2014My husband and I went to Madeleine's for our 30th anniversary. The food was wonderful, nice and quiet, great service, and they have a really nice wine list. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for. Nice place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the rough!Find2dineDined on 5/15/2014We wanted to find a good restaurant in the area and couldn't be more pleased now that we have tried Madeline's! The atmosphere is very nice and also very appealing(classy without being overdone), the food is wonderful, the tableware is a combined experience of delicate notes from the past mixed with modern style and the service was friendly, knowledgeable and prompt. Excellent meal and experienc and we will go back anytime we are in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and exceptionalCowboyDined on 5/10/2014The service was beyond expectation the moment my wife and I walked in the door. Outstanding service and the food and wine were above expectations. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone! My only regret is that we have not eaten there sooner. This will be on our list of places to go, especially when friends and family come to visit.Special Features:
- Last Minute Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Menu was very diverse. I could have ordered the entire menu! Food was great but service was very slow. We will definitely dine again and hope for better service.Special Features:
- Great dinner at Madeleinestrav1Dined on 5/6/2014We planned a dinner for four. We had a wonderful dinner with wine. Great night with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- siebersDined on 4/19/2014Great food and service. One of the best in Evansville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!run4itnickDined on 3/22/2014What a cute place! Every visible surface had thought put into it. The food was delicious, esp the ice cream. The service was so-so. It's fine-dining food, but not fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeTizzieDined on 3/8/2014Since this was the first time we had been there overall it was great. We were seated in the front and so we did not see most of the place. Food and service were great! Really need to do something about the noise, it might keep me from returning. It was not energetic it was LOUD!Special Features:
- Quiet, alluring and pleasant.DanutaDined on 3/7/2014This is definitely one of Evansville's gems. A perfect mixture of charm, atmosphere and culinary masterpieces. Just relax and imbibe everything Madeleines has to offer..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Madeleine's ReviewJohanDined on 2/5/2014This is the best restaurant in Southern Indiana and as good as you will find anywhere in the world! Great Staff, great food, fresh, willing to work with your diet preferences and a charming little place! Shaun is one heck of a server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningWonderfullyRomanticVIPDined on 1/28/2014What a perfect evening we had at Maddy's very recently! With food at its best and service second to none, Madleine's again provided a truly unique dining experience for Evansville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice in EvansvillejerryVIPDined on 1/16/2014We really enjoyed the dinner. Service was excellent. Good recommendations. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Better than MostOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/10/2014It was a wonderful experience! The food was great but as with most restaurants in Evansville it was overpriced. Unfortunately, thats' common in Evansville. Our server was wonderdul. He was fun, made good recommendations and knew when to be silent. All and all it was a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Price for Average QualityExperiencedDinerDined on 12/31/2013Summary: Go to Biaggi's Babel Kanpai or Chophouse and save $300 My wife daughter and I came here for New Years. Service was lacking. Even though we had a reservation we waited a 30 min to be seated and ended up with the empty table that we had been standing next to the whole time. There is a small entryway and no seating. Service was horribly lacking. Once seated, we waited even longer for drinks. The menu had you pick one of two dishes for 3 courses and an appetizer. They were out of some of the options. Our salad came out before the appetizer(cold prawns). We the steak and lobster dish for the main course. The dish was nothing special and portions were decent. the desert was a creme brulee in a 1/4 cup ramikan. Bill: $375 incl 18% tipSpecial Features:
- Top Notcht2andc2Dined on 12/21/2013Madeleine's is a favorite of ours for date night and special occasions. The food selections are always great and the atmosphere is pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2goodGood2goDined on 12/21/2013Excellent food; not only good but pleasing to the eye. The dishes were not what you would find at a chain restaurant. Service was excellent; she provided suggestions when we asked and was there when we needed something but also allowed us to have our solitude. First place I have been to where they allow one to electronically pay their bill at the table and the portable device sends the receipt via email. Only negative comment on the device is that it gives you the option of leaving 15, 20, or 25 percent gratuity (which is great) except it calculates the percentage on the after-tax amount instead of the proper before-tax amount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Madeleine's is different but goodBobmiDined on 11/30/2013The setting is quaint in an older home in an old neighborhood. The interior is tastefully done and doesn't intimidate - we wore jeans and fit right in. This was a special occasion for us so I asked for (and got) a table in the wine cellar. Try it - it's private and the staff understand privacy too. The food was excellent. Our server explained that Chef Tim opened Madeleine's eight years ogo. The selection is still vibrant and varied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A CelebrationDavid47424Dined on 11/22/2013My wife and I were celebrating an anniversary, and I told the restaurant in advance that we were. We had their best table with extra ambience. My wife is vegetarian and she was delighted with her choices. I am not, and was impressed both with my scallops appetizer and my duck entrée. Best duck I have had. The food is impressive and we will return. Soon, I hope, although we live ninety minutes away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will ReturnNewToMadeleinesDined on 11/9/2013Great atmosphere, great service, and great food! Our new favorite place in Evansville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a night out to dinner should bLocalguyDined on 11/7/2013Enjoyable beginning to end. Brought an out of town guest from a big city who was duly impressed. Server Devon made it a dining "experience "Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently OutstandingSteveDined on 11/2/2013When I want to make sure a night dining out goes perfectly, I don't have to look any further than Madeleine's. From the impeccable service, to the expertly crafted dishes and perfectly poured cocktails, this is what a great dining experience is all about. The only thing I ever lament over is that the Whiskey Cream Mushrooms aren't available all the time, they're a special piece of heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedEricDined on 10/26/2013We went to Madeleines for our anniversary. They started off with romantic window table with heart decorations on it. The service and food were both excellent and though it was expensive I don't know of any other restaurants in town that offer the same experience.Special Features:
- Great experienceHamitageDined on 10/15/2013We had been told great things about Madeline's , And they were correct....the wine list was extensive. ,the food and service impeccable ... This is gem and Evansville should be proud to have such fine dining in their great city....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.