Mad Rose Tavern
3100 Clarendon Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mad Rose Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://madrosetavern.com/
- Phone: 7036000500
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10 am - 3pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Bar Menu: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Mad Rose Tavern
In the heart of Clarendon's bustling city scene, Mad Rose Tavern is poised to become the neighborhood hot spot. Situated on the corner of Washington and Clarendon Blvd, only steps from the Metro, the restaurant boasts an expansive outdoor patio, trendy lounge and contemporary dining area. We invite you to experience our pub inspired fare, extensive beer selection and impressive libations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mad Rose Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Loud but sports barLuvfoodDined on 10/26/2014Loud but it is a sports bar, outside seating is quieterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food - Nice PresentationMikeVIPDined on 8/10/2014Go there for the brunch, and order from the menu. The food is fresh, delicious, and nice presentation
- The following 24 reviews are from the Mad Rose Tavern reviews archive.
- BrunchAmandaVIPDined on 6/21/2014Enjoyed a very tasty brunch. Good deal on Mimosas because they offer $15 bottles. The service awsa great as well but the ambiance was a bit off because it is very clearly transforms to a bar/club at night. However, they were showing the World Cup game on the projector so that was a nice touch.Special Features:
- poor service, will not returnALadyDined on 5/11/2014Sat outside, table was wobbly, was fixed by placing a napkin under one leg (which was done by customer not establishment). Ordered and took around 20-25 minutes for food to arrive on Sunday brunch morning. Omelet order was incorrect after bringing out food, customer made them aware. Another omelet was provided 10 minutes later that was still incorrect. Blood mary was so-so. Bison burger and chicken sandwich were enjoyed by those that received correct food (however one item had wrong salad- not caesar which was requested). Overall, poor listening skills on part of server and overall service poor in regard to drink refills. Food was non-memorable.
- Don't go heresd710VIPDined on 5/3/2014This is possibly the worst restaurant I've ever been to. The food was mediocre and the manager was sleazy and rude. We had a Living Social Deal for brunch for $29. This was advertised as being 50% off and including crab benedict. The menu said brunch is normally $15 (so we saved $1) and it definitely didn't include any crab. We spoke to the manager and he just talked in circles. In addition, the plates and utensils were dirty.
- Don't Eat HereGastroDudeDined on 3/8/2014Horrible service. Mediocre food. You can do muck better in Arlington.
- A little bit of everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2014Good food, good wine, lots of seating choices. Bar scene, sports bar, wine bar, hookah bar. Good service - Pretty noisy, though.Special Features:
- Good food, reasonable priceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/28/2013We ate early in the evening and were able to have conversations at a normal level. The selections were good and the food was tasty. Appetizers were a bit slow coming, but they were good when they did arrive. Calamari Thai dipping was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spotPRdineVIPDined on 9/13/2013Don't be deterred from dinner just because the place turns into more of a night club during later hours. Food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2013When you're at a bar and ask if there's any blends on the wine list and the waitress responds, "What's a blend?" You know you're in for a mediocre experience.The food was good but the service was lacking. I had to request a wine list after that. My friend and I shared the prosciutto wrapped figs, which were quite tasty, the hawaiian flatbread, also quite tasty, and the truffle mac & cheese, not so good. I think I may have upset the waitress with my question because getting service after that was a struggle. I would see her come out to serve the surrounding tables but ignored ours. Overall this is a nice spot, they have a decent wine list, and some of the food is quite delectable. Just don't ask about blends.
- Just OKSusanDined on 6/9/2013We were able to get reservations for brunch at the last minute but it became clear why there was a line at other places but empty tables here. The food was ok; the service was slow.
- Did not honor their promotionKiaurashDined on 5/12/2013We decided to give this place a try for mother day brunch since they had good review and had a brunch buffet advertised on their website for $16. And guess what, they did not honor their $16 promotional price, they called it a "mistake" and did not even offer an apology! Most their buffet food were awfully salty and the server was not really attentive... they took away our hot cup in the middle of the food and took them 10 minutes to find a new one!!!!
- Great when it is warmer outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/27/2013This was our first time at Mad Rose Tavern. It was a bit chilly outside so we opted to sit at the bar inside. We were taken care of by Amber (very friendly). The ambiance inside was very dark at 7:30ish and the restaurant was completely empty, probably because it turns into more of a social/club type setting later in the evening. They make a variety of delicious mojitos. The salmon was not bad, but the barbecue-chicken pizza was extremely salty. I think the best feature would be to sit outside on a nice warm evening and enjoy. We did notice many of the tables outside were smoking hookahs (as the restaurant caters to this), so if you are sensitive to smoke, this might not be a good option for you.Special Features:
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/20/2013Delicious food. The mushroom risotto was remarkable, and they had very tasty bison burgers too. We were first-timers at Mad Rose, and really enjoyed it. Plus they have outdoor tables and a courtyard bar area - perfect for the summer.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding andEricaVIPDined on 4/13/2013The food was outstanding and portion sizes were more than adequate but not overly huge. We ended up sitting at the bar becaue it was just two of us and the bartenders were friendly, attentive and very knowledgable about the menu.Special Features:
- Good food and drink!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Not having ever seen Mad Rose, my husband, small daughter, and I came in at an early 6:30pm. The restaurant was almost empty and we were apprehensive, but were then surprised by the good food. A lobster bisque had less cream than most (that's a good thing!) and the crab dip on small toasts had just the right consistency. The Cuban sandwich, was nicely toasted and melted inside -- and I'm a native of Miami, FL and familiar with the real thing. The fries were thankfully lightly salted. My husband had a flank steak with chimichurri sauce that was equally well prepared. The chocolate cake (mousse?) was divine. One person waited on us, and also a very approachable and knowledgeable bartender taking care of our drinks. Nice experience!Special Features:
- Nice place, food was good,beeindcVIPDined on 2/9/2013Nice place, food was good, not great. I might return but would go earlier since it became a night club at 9 and really loudSpecial Features:
- WeirdCcrnDined on 1/16/2013As previous people have mentioned, it seems Mad Rose Tavern has an identity crisis. The food was pretty good, but service was weird and more than one server was completely clueless on what was 'on special' or wine recommendations. There was a huge group for some kind of meet and greet nearby which basically filled half the restaurant. Doubtful we'll return.
- LOVE ITOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/13/2013Went to Mad Rose this past weekend for brunch, and it was absolutely amazing!! Great brunch and service. Will for SURE be back here with my friends. The restaurant is attached to an awesome back bar/lounge as well. Awesome idea!Special Features:
- We went to brunch on New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/1/2013We went to brunch on New Year's day and enjoyed great food, but it took almost an hour to get our food, forever to order food, and the service overall was slow. The restaurant was severely understaffed, with only one waiter bartending and serving all the tables. However, the service we did receive was great and would probably enjoy the restaurant and service more on a day that was more staffed.
- The food here was surprisinglyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/12/2012The food here was surprisingly good. When we first walked in, we were a bit skeptical because the restaurant smelled like disinfectant. I ordered a margarita and the roasted chicken dish and was really satisfied with both. I think their website was a bit deceiving as the decor was not as nice as I expected but overall, my friends and I had a good time and really enjoyed our meals. Our waiter was also friendly and attentive. The only thing that MAY prevent me from returning was the disinfectant smell. It really took away from the experience but outside of that, we had a good experience.Special Features:
- Nice brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/24/2012Nice place for brunch - varied menu, good setting, very good service. The food was also good - we were happy with all of the dishes ordered. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Four of us ate there SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Four of us ate there Saturday night at 7:30. Duck breast was delicious, as were the crab cakes and the chicken. Not a place for a quiet dinner at that hour, because the bars were crowded and noisy and the music pretty loud. Everyone seemed to me having a great time. We could just barely talk over the din. Service was friendly, accommodating, knowledgeable, and efficient.Special Features:
- They have several entrancesB2BlunchDined on 11/4/2012They have several entrances and for a first time visitor that is confusing. The door to the patio was locked, the lights off. We went around the building and got in what we found to be the main dining entrance. Would be nice to have a sign on the patio side indicating there is another entrance.Special Features:
- Fun brunch place!curlerlikeyouDined on 10/21/2012Went here for brunch with two girlfriends, and we had a great time. There was plenty of time to talk, both when we arrived at 10:30 (when they opened) and at nearly 1pm when we left. Two of us ordered the crab benedict, which was good, and our other friend ordered a fruit plate which was a pretty big portion. She also liked her Bloody Mary, though I thought the mimosas were a bit too tart for my liking. Still, Mad Rose gave us a fun girls' brunch on Sunday morning!Special Features:
- Went for a friend's birthday,JJJJDined on 10/20/2012Went for a friend's birthday, and the staff was very accommodating of our large group (9 people). They really did a nice job, and listened to our preferences. Food was good, not amazing, but I would go back to Mad Rose because they made us feel welcome.Special Features: