2466 Fairmount Blvd
Cleveland Heights, OH 44106Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.madgreekcleveland.com/
- Phone: 2164213333x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Greek
- Executive Chef: Robert Ulmann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-Site catering, delivery or pickup available. View our catering menu at www.MadGreekCleveland.com
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet Facilities available up to 200 people
- Private Party Contact: Chris Chopra 2164213333x
A word from Mad Greek
A Cleveland Landmark Restaurant Established in 1977 at Coventry Village. Experience The Finest in Greek & Indian Cuisine in a classic casual setting. Menu Highlights include Braised Lamb Shank, Seared Atlantic Salmon, Roasted Greek Lemon Chicken, Ribeye Brizola, Psari Plaki, Eggplant & Zucchini Moussaka with Ground Lamb, Chicken Tikka Masala, Curried Lamb Shoulder, Kerala Fish Stew, Alu Ghobi, Saag Paneer and many other great selections. Extensive Gluten Free, Vegetarian and Kids Menus available. Daily Happy Hour from 4-8 PM. Large & spacious dining room, outdoor patio with waterfall, street side dining, full bar, catering, carryout & delivery. 5 minutes from Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals, CWRU & University Circle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mad Greek reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Fun, comfortingquinnwheelerDined on 10/17/2014Very good food, the appetizers are great so you may not get to dinner. Friendly, attentive staff. Had a great dinner hereSpecial Features:
- misinformed on gluten freeNatureBuffDined on 10/16/2014Emailed about gluten free menu & assured extensive. Most items on GF menu were not available due to new menu & new chef. Waitress stated items "probably" GF. Ordered well done steak & it was pink. When sent back for different entree got lunch portion. All that being said, food was good. Staff needs educated on GF requirements.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a GREAT place to eatBJNMDined on 10/4/2014This is my second time eating here and the food was outstanding. All 4 of us got something different and every dish was excellent. We did follow the suggests our waiter gave when asked. I will go there again and tell friends about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very warm placepartyof4VIPDined on 8/9/2014it was our second time there. We went on the spur of the moment. Our brother was visiting with us from out of state and he was impressed with the entree's. The creme brûlée was to live for. Our server made our dining experience very pleasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant relaxing mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014There was nothing particularly notable about this restaurant, good or bad. The weather was sunny but threatening rain, so we were seated by a large open window (I believe they do have outdoor seating as well), which was very pleasant. The waitress was friendly and timed our meal well. The food was good but not exceptional. I would visit again if we were in the neighborhood, but wouldn't travel to go here.
- Frozen SamosasGinaCattLoVIPDined on 7/23/2014We dine at The Mad Greek often. They have the best baba ghanouj and the Bombay wings are delightfully spicy. However this past visit the samosas on the Indian App Sampler were served frozen! The outer shell was barely warm and the interior was a ball of ice. It was difficult to determine the problem at first since we ate them covered in all of the spicy dipping sauces, so it was tough to distinguish between the cold and spicy sensation on the tongue. I brought this to the attention of our server (I still had a ball of frozen samosa filling on my plate) and she said she would tell the kitchen, but did not offer to bring new samosas nor compensate us for the uncooked food. I expected a better resolution from this level of restaurant.Special Features:
- Great as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We love the Mad Greek. It never disappoints in terms of food quality or service. The baklava is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff LunchStaffDined on 7/2/2014Great Food and service, nice atmosphere. We enjoyed the view of Cedar and the weather was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 202 reviews are from the Mad Greek reviews archive.
- good food but loud bar folksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014Our meal was tasty but the slow service and very loud bar patrons took away from the positive experience.
- Authentic Greekjmh1Dined on 6/14/2014Great Greek food. Everyone in the party liked it. Gyro platter was the best.Special Features:
- summer evening gemmillieDined on 5/31/2014There is a lovely patio on the back of the restaurant that is landscaped with trees and a waterfall that make the ambience truly wonderful. The sun was a problem when we first arrived but changing tables solved that problem. The food was wonderful and hot when served. Our waiter was a little slow but for a relaxing evening that is not a bad thing. We would definitely come back and we put this restaurant on our list of favorites.Special Features:
- Fantastic Mother's Day locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014We made reservations for a group of 11 to sit outisde on a SUnday afternoon. The service was great! The backyard patio was quiet and + lovely. Kids were welcomed and encouraged. We've been going to the Mad Greek for 20+ years and will continue to go for a great meal out!Special Features:
- Great Heights GemRaivyn45gDined on 5/10/2014I was so happy to get the Restaurants.com coupon for this place. I was very impressed with how delicious everything tasted. The french fries were unique and delicious, the hummus was superb, and the falafel was to die for. I will definitely come back to this restaurant in the future.Special Features:
- Worst Greek food I have ever eatenAdamDined on 4/4/2014Ran out of characters to leave proper review. Lived in GR. have eaten in many GR rest in US. This is by far the worst. Cold saganaki even after lit. Too much garlic and dill in tzadziki. Chicken souvlaki poor not Greek spices. Wet pita. Fries not as advertised. Baked fried tons of salt. Overpriced poor quality. Wife had strir fry 16$ Box uncle bens rice and $2 worth of veggies zero flavor. An embarrassment of a Greek restaurant.
- Some things never changeSteveDined on 4/3/2014I hadn't been here since I lived in Cleveland over 20 years ago. The Mad Greek was one of my favorite restaurants back then and I was very happy to see that nothing has changed. The menu is pretty much identical and the quality of food as always was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and selection wereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014The food and selection were fantastic. The floors were sticky to walk onSpecial Features:
- Forgotten GemEntertainmentBookCriticDined on 3/15/2014I had dined at The Mad Greek many years ago. I used to travel a lot on business and would get my fix for Greek food in Chicago. Since I dont travel as much for work, I have been wanting a Greek "fix". I had an entertainment coupon and convinced my wife to take the ride to Cleveland Hts. Appetizer - Dolomades was wrapped nice and tight with a beautiful presentation topped with an tasty sauce that had a slightly sweet finish. The Mousaka I enjoyed was cooked well with no crusty edges. The eggplant was not mushy like you will often find in mousaka. The wife's kaserri stuffed chick was cooked to perfection. Juicy, tender and flavorful.This was the first time in years, that my wife looked at me after dinner and said When can we come back?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going GreekKenTheLithDined on 3/15/2014Visit was the first in a long time. Food was good and traditionally Greek. Service was good. Atmosphere was inviting and comfortable. A very good overall experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2014This place was amazing, we took my husbands parents here for dinner. The food was absolutely amazing. Everything was fresh and hot when it was served. The service was fantastic, our drinks were always full and she kept our table spotless. I have nothing but good things to say about this place. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for yearsBillDined on 2/14/2014We have eaten at the Mad Greek for about 30 years. Always good in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable evening. food wassandyVIPDined on 2/8/2014enjoyable evening. food was tasty and interesting. Drinks were terrific, not many places pour full shots, so mad greek is definitely special. service was friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- The menu is great- a blendWehavemorefunthanyouDined on 2/7/2014The menu is great- a blend of Greek and Indian food. They have both a Greek and Indian sampler appetizer which I highly recommend- especially if you are unfamiliar with these types of food. The drinks are pricey- be forewarned. We had a Groupon so all of our food- 2 appetizers, 4 salads, 4 entrees and 2 desserts were paid for. We had a total of 7 alcoholic beverages and our bill was almost 80 dollars. Without the groupon it would have been well over 200. I really like the food because it is hard to find well made Greek food around here, but for the same price we could have gone across the street to Nighttown and had a better meal with WAY better service. While polite our server was so slow. Spicy food + empty water glasses = bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced, not worth my timeJoeyDined on 1/31/2014We were very disappointed with The Mad Greek. We sat and waited at least 10 minutes before our server even acknowledged us. I found him to be unfriendly and felt we were burdening him by our presence and questions. I was brought a half filled wine glass instead of the martini glass you would expect a martini to be served in. I was told they ran out of martini glasses. The restaurant wasn't even close to half full and I looked in the bar area before walking in and it wasn't full there either. It was foul tasting and way over proved, especially for the amount I was given. The salads and appetizers were ok but our dinners were bland and the servings were pretty small. I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2014Mad greek has consistently good service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Menu SelectionsRichVDined on 1/26/2014The Greek and Indian dishes are all wonderful, and portion sizes are generous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014While dining at the Mad Greek, we tried several of the appetizers, and were absolutely DELICIOUS! Dinner entrees were just as amazing. Will definitely be going back! Only problem is the restaurant's location. The area is very confusing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent mealTroubleVIPDined on 1/11/20146 friends met for dinner and conversation and were pleased overall. Service was slow at the beginning and waitress got a couple things confused. Food was well-prepared and reasonably priced. Wine prices were high relarive to food prices.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningoutfordinnerDined on 12/21/2013We had a reservation for 6 and our table was waiting when we arrived. Our waiter was very friendly, very helpful with suggestions, and very attentive. We ordered two appetizers for the table - the coconut shrimp and the vegetarian sampler. Everything was delicious. Nice and hot and very tasty. We all had something different for our dinners and everyone was raving about their choices. We had a couple bottles of wine which was very moderately priced yet delicious. We really had a great time and would recommend this to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Time Cleveland GemLuvtheserviceDined on 12/15/2013It has been almost 25 years since I left and returned to Cleveland. I enjoyed going to the Mad Greek weekly when I was at the Cleveland Clinic. It was great to see that the food and service is still excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/7/2013The food here was amazing. I try to eat healthy when I go out and this place had a lot to choose from. Our waitress was wonderful! She took very good care of us although I felt bad for her because she had to continuously go up and down steps all night long. I ordered an Indian dish where you pick the amount of spicy ness. I was told that a 1 was mild and a 7 is fiery very hot. I chose a 4 but it wasn't spicy at all so if you like spicy ness go for a 6! But overall, I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!StepdudeDined on 12/2/2013We were In from out of town and randomly picked the Mad Greek looking for some authentic Greek food and I'm happy to report they did not disappoint! First, you better be hungry, the portions are enormous, if you leave there hungry it's your own fault! Wine selection was limited but excellent choices...great service. Will definitely be back next time we are in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and DifferentanaabDined on 11/23/2013I love the options at the Mad Greek. It's always hard to decide between Indian and Greek - there are so many things to try. The food is always wonderful too. My only complaint is that the portions are a bit small for the price - never any leftovers. They could work on their wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was very tasty and I wouldRobbyDined on 11/22/2013It was very tasty and I would go back again very soon!!!Special Features:
- Great Food!MelissaDined on 11/17/2013Although this restaurant is somewhat pricey, The Mad Greek has outstanding food. The value is reasonable if a coupon is used, especially since the amount of food that served leaves enough for leftovers. Be careful with the Baklava Ice Cream, as it is dangerously delicious and not quite as healthy as other menu options!Special Features:
- Love independents!TomSuzDined on 10/25/2013My husband and I try to frequent only independent resturants and have always enjoyed the character of Mad Greek. Love sitting in the bar when the outside wall is open and you can people watch!Special Features:
- Menu was reasonably priced,itsnotallgreektomeDined on 10/25/2013Menu was reasonably priced, but I was not overly impressed with its quality. Food did not taste authentic, but did seem to be made from scratch.Worth a try, but not a keeper.Special Features:
- Glad we tried it againFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/24/2013After our last 2 really bad experiences (food and service) we decided to try once again. We were pleased that the food was excellent--back to their old standards when Loki was there.
- The food is fabulous and theLekellieDined on 10/18/2013The food is fabulous and the serving size is enormous. The service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be prepared to waitdsexybuckeyeDined on 9/28/2013Although the food was good, the service was horrible. Our waitress never checked on us, she walked past us so many times like we weren't even sitting there. We set for long periods of time without refills. The service was just awful and the restaurant wasn't even busy! I wouldn't return on the service alone.Special Features:
- What's happened to this restaurant?FrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/22/2013Is this restaurant going out of business? They were out of at least 5 things on the menu and then they were out of vanilla ice cream making most desserts unavailable, too. We started out ordering saganaki, which wasn't available, then moussaka, and so it went. I did finally settle on a sandwich, which was not made the way I was told it would be. Also, Instead of being on pita it was on an ordinary bun and then they charged me for a piece of pita. On our previous visit my meal was missing one of the key ingredients and our waiter never brought it despite requesting it several times. My husband had finished his meal and I still hadn't had anything to eat, but we told them to forget it because I didn't want to wait any longer.