Mad Fox Brewing Company
444 West Broad Street
Falls Church, VA 22046Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Mad Fox Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://madfoxbrewing.com/
- Phone: 7039426840x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am,
Sunday: 10:00am - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Special Events: Visit our website or Facebook page to see our upcoming events including Tuesday Growler Promotions, Cask and Barrel Nights, Glass Giveaway Promotions, beer dinners, special events and more.
A word from Mad Fox Brewing Company
Mad Fox Brewing Company offers a dining experience unique to the Washington, DC, area: upscale casual dining in an English-style gastro brewpub with an emphasis on high-quality food to complement our house-brewed beers. Mad Fox features a chef-driven, seasonal menu and frequent specials including pizza, panini, salads and vegetarian friendly foods; fresh, locally grown seasonal produce, cheeses and other ingredients; locally raised lamb, bison, beef, chicken and game; and house-cured meats. Mad Fox has a 63-foot long bar showcasing our seven to ten standard, house-brewed beers on tap as well as a rotating selection of seasonal brews in German, English, Belgian and American styles. Also, don’t miss our cask conditioned proper Real Ales served through water jacketed Angram beer engines, ensuring that every pint is served at properly conditioned cellar temperatures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mad Fox Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (31)great for lunch (23)vibrant bar scene (23)great for outdoor dining (22)fit for foodies (22)kid-friendly (17)hot spot (11)special occasion (11)great for brunch (9)late-night find (9)romantic (6)notable wine list (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Perfect family Friday nightBizlunchmanVIPDined on 10/17/2014Brought my two girls (6 & 9) to Mad Fox for a Friday night date. Despite initial skepticism that a date would involve kissing & marriage, the girls had a great time, especially enjoying kids meals that included pizza, hamburgers, and in house brewed root beer. Daddy enjoyed a beer sampler and perfectly cooked ribeye, plus a growler fill! My six year old summed it up best when I asked her if she'd go on another date with me -- "every Friday." Guess we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrandMrsHVIPDined on 10/16/2014Amazing one of the best brewery restaurants in Virginia and Maryland. Highly recommended for great food and great beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just had dinnerSklarVIPDined on 10/12/2014Food was great. Service was good. Onion soup was great (but not hot). But overall a good experience, professional and friendly staff, good ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Better BeerHungryDined on 10/12/2014Good atmosphere, service, prices, and food. Wide variety of food. Excellent beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beer.LeeLeeVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great Beer. Food is so so. Service is so so. But the beer is great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and beerLocalbeerfinderDined on 10/4/2014Good food and beer was better. Nice kids menu, and is loud enough to help drown out your kids noise. I would recommend the piercing pils beer, it's very good and hard to find a good Pilsner beer on tap at local breweries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointed...AcoteDined on 10/2/2014I went to Mad Fox a few months ago with a friend for a Sunday brew tour and drinks and loved it. We stayed for about 5 hours and did not want to leave. However, when I took my wife last night it was quite the opposite. We ordered water before our beer (my wife asked for lemon which was not delivered) and it was warm tap water. The beer was fantastic when it came out, however we ordered the muscles (which were equally delicious as the beer) and our dinner meal was brought out 2 minutes later not allowing us to finish our appetizer. My wife ordered the gluten free pizza and we noticed they did not charge us the extra 2 dollars for the change in crust. However, we found after a bad day after it was because they served her the wrong pizza.
- Great BeersOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Great selection of beers and lots of interesting food choices. I will be going back!Special Features:
- DownhillRavensVIPDined on 9/19/2014Disappointing, they must have changed chefs again. Flavorless ribs, flavorless gazpacho, flavorless fried chicken. the bitterballen and beer are still good.Special Features:
- Good beer at least....RichDined on 9/13/2014Excellent beer. The food. Wow.... so downhill... The shrimp dinner salad with champagne vinaigrette, instead slathered with some creamy ranch like thing... Couple of romaine heads, a few shrimp, really lousy.... Front staff uninterested. Waiter could not speak above the dining room sound. "I'm sorry we cannot hear you ****7. Sad. Used to be a favorite place... Guess I will just fill up growlers on Tuesdays...
- Limited Menu, Great BeerNew2VADined on 9/11/2014The dinner menu was brief, we both tried the (petite) Ribeye special with wilted spinach and potato cake. The Saison was delicious. We will definitely come here again, and next time bring the dog and sit outside on the patio.Special Features:
- LindsDined on 9/4/2014Beers were great and the sampler had good sized portions. Food was excellent! Overall we had a great experience, but I took off one star because our server was a bit odd. He gave good service for the most part (although we were all out of waters by the time the check came), but he had a weird attitude, like he resented having to be there. There were a few backhanded comments that gave us a weird vibe. Otherwise an overall great restaurant with good quality beers.Special Features:
- Burgers are the bomb!DebEVIPDined on 8/30/2014Had great burgers and great beer! Calamari appetizer was delicious, too. It was a bit too dark in the area where we sat and would've been a lot louder if the place was full. Never disappointing. Super attentive server.Special Features:
- PittfanDined on 8/16/2014Craft brews were great, excellent burgers, good service.Special Features:
- More a pub than a great restaurantLookingForGreatPlacesDined on 8/7/2014We met some friends the other night. Even though we requested a table away from the bar area (and there were plenty of tables away from the bar) our friends were put into a booth near the bar. The food was average, service okay, but the place was way too noisy for a non-yelling conversation. If you're there to drink a lot, hey, great. For wonderful food and conversation, not so great. If 2 1/2 stars had been an option, that would have been my choice for a rating. A bit overpriced for what's there.
- Great for Cask Conditioned BeerdaginvaDined on 8/2/2014This brewpub always has a selection of their own excellent beers available on cask.
- I was here for the beer!FootsDined on 8/1/2014A sampler of four, well made, high quality ales made for a wonderful National IPA Day celebration. I was a very hoppy camper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flight CheckHungryDined on 7/27/2014We enjoyed 3 flights of amazing craft brews (and excellent food to accompany the beer).Special Features:
- Not sure I'll returnOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/17/2014Service was so-so, then we're out of two of the drinks our table ordered, and they wouldn't seat us at the table we reserved because they said they did not have enough staff working. Lame.
- Great pizza, great beerKlarkKhentDined on 7/12/2014The pizza is outstanding -- well-made crusts and good toppings. The beer was very good, focusing on British and American styles.Special Features:
- Bro BrunchRanger025Dined on 7/7/2014Stopped in with my bud for early lunch. The atmosphere was easy and the wait staff very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Drink!ButterburDined on 7/3/2014Ever since I was introduced to Mad Fox Brewing Company, I have loved their food, drink and service! They are about to celebrate their fourth anniversary and they know how to celebrate: give-aways, tappings, live band and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service decliningregularDined on 6/28/2014this is one of our favorite neighborhood dinner bars, but the last couple of times visiting Mad Fox have been disappointments with service and food. Two entrees had incorrect side dishes this time, and drinks did not get replaced in a timely way. Also, the menu has been reduced to pizza, a few expensive entrees and hamburgers for the most part, which leaves fewer choices for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 418 reviews are from the Mad Fox Brewing Company reviews archive.
- Always goodCitizenNomadVIPDined on 6/18/2014One of my go to spots for food and beer. What else do you need in life?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big FindMinkadinkDined on 6/15/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday, and even though it took us over an hour to drive here, we're definitely going back as often as possible. Wonderful food, perfect portions, outstanding service, and a fun place to be. Prices are fair. Get the doughnuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant patio diningMcCoolDined on 6/15/2014Mad Fox is conveniently located in Falls Church on highway 7 but my family's last visit was from the W&OD bike trail. It is a great stop after a long (or short) bike ride.Special Features:
- Perfect!AlwaysLookingForAFindDined on 6/14/2014This made us feel like we were back in Europe, except on a much larger scale! Atmosphere was great, food was delicious, and the beer......Perfect! We wish you were down the street instead of over 30 mins away. Turkey burger was cooked.....Perfect and remained juicy and flavorful. Our son enjoyed the Butcher Block pizza, it reminded him of all the European pizzas he had eaten. And the Trout......Perfect! Our server was friendly and attentive. She knew we wanted to watch the soccer match, so she gave us our space and let us tell her when we were ready.....Perfect!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/13/2014Front desk was new. Wanted to sit my two-person party next to a large group (15). Had to ask to be seated at other end of restaurant. Then put us at table set up for six. (three tables side by side). I separated one off to the side to make it more condusive for dining. More training is in order.Special Features:
- great place to meet old friendswolfgirlDined on 6/12/2014I picked this based on others recommendations. It was a great place to get reacquainted with an old friend with a really nice atmosphere and noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Father's Day brunchDadsdayDined on 6/8/2014Enjoyed the brunch and an "early" afternoon taste of some of the beverages. Atmosphere is well done and while the brunch menu is certainly "non-traditional", it's unique takes on some regular dishes was done quite well. Enjoyable and reasonably priced. We enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gastropub!!JEFFREYSANDined on 6/7/2014Awesome beer, and the food is equally excellent!! Amazing pizzas, burgers and sandwiches, which pairs perfectly with thier awesome, in-house brewed beer!Special Features:
- Good atmospherehaochiDined on 6/6/2014Our waiter was fun and attentive. The food was pretty good and the atmosphere was upbeat and lively. It's a little noisy but only to be expected in a pub. The beer is the thing and it was excellent.Special Features:
- So, What Entrees AREN'T You Out OF?FinedinerVIPDined on 5/19/2014Unbelievable experience. This place has an excellent selection of beers. But when we went there for dinner and tried to order off an already-very-limited list of entrees (about 10 items, plus burgers and pizza items), we were told that they were out of...not one, not two, not three, not four...wait for for it, they were out of FIVE -- 50 percent of their entrees. Plus they had no peperoni for pizza! The waiters themselves were so exasperated with their manager that they begged us to talk to him. Told us this this place actually had no burger patties for lunch that day!!! We drank our beers, paid up and walked out. Clearly, management needs to be replaced at this place! We won't be going back until that happens.
- A special event worth the milesBillGammonDined on 5/16/2014I came to Mad Fox for the first time to try the Big O & Dukes collaboration beer. I made a reservation because after the 350 mile drive, I was interested in making sure I had a seat and was able to eat a meal. The staff was beyond kind and even took care of my cooler with two of my own growlers so I could take "The Maneuver" home to West Virginia with me. Over the evening, I ate the equivalent of nearly two meals and even bought a burger for a new friend. A lot of great Mad Fox beer accompanied my meal and once The Maneuver was available I topped off the evening with several servings. Having a hotel room within view across the street made it all better. I've bragged to all my friends about Mad Fox and am eager for my return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2014the kitchen was extremely slow. It was Mother's Day but the restaurant was not full. It took 1 hour for our food to come out. The manager did not charge us - which was nice- but this is not the first time this has happened. Dont go to the Fox if you are on a time table
- menu needs overhaulPeggyMVIPDined on 5/11/2014Brunch is so weird there I didn't know what to order. They used to serve omelets. At 10:30 a.m. I don't want to eat short ribs even if it is a Benedict. They could not make me an omelet. Offerings with scrambled eggs came with baked beans and the like. That's fine to serve the full monty so long as you remember you are in Falls Church and people in our area like more normal breakfast fare, too. I got a side of scrambled eggs, side of bacon and a waffle which got served on two huge bowls. I love the bartender, Krista.Special Features:
- Highly recommendRuffianDined on 5/9/2014Have been to Mad Fox many times and the food never disappoints. Noise level is high so don't go expecting a quiet romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Nice weekend brunchcurlerlikeyouDined on 5/4/2014My boyfriend and I came Sunday for brunch at noon. I was surprised that there were very few people in the restaurant when we arrived, but a few families came in after us. The food was good, though my boyfriend said his breakfast potatoes were a bit salty and one of the biscuits in my benedict was a bit salty as well. I think the biggest improvement I could recommend, though, was to have the advertised items in stock! My boyfriend tried to order the pork belly benedict, and they had no pork belly, and they had no portobello mushrooms for my portobello benedict. (They did substitute another meat and type of mushroom.) The pretzel appetizer was also a little small, but delicious. We were very impressed at the beer flight pours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid brewpub experienceawittenbergDined on 5/3/2014This is one of our go-to restaurants when we want something a little different. The dining room on the left side is a moderate noise level, while the right side is noisier. The menu has changed over the years and I have liked some more than others. Right now appetizer/bar food is about half of the menu but there are a variety of entrees. For my taste, the menu has too few options without red meat, but that makes the rest of my family happy so it is a good compromise. They make a good selection of beers too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceHungryfamily3Dined on 4/29/2014We went as a large group of 13 between funeral visitations lTe in the afternoon. Had excellent service, food and drinks. They hit us in, served and out in the time frame we needed. Craving their tuna taco. Hubby has a pizza he said it was delish. Had the beer samplers. And we all did a shot if whiskey in remembrance of our deceased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.