Mad Fox Brewing Company
444 West Broad Street
Falls Church, VA 22046Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Mad Fox Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://madfoxbrewing.com/
- Phone: 7039426840x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am,
Sunday: 10:00am - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Special Events: Visit our website or Facebook page to see our upcoming events including Tuesday Growler Promotions, Cask and Barrel Nights, Glass Giveaway Promotions, beer dinners, special events and more.
A word from Mad Fox Brewing Company
Mad Fox Brewing Company offers a dining experience unique to the Washington, DC, area: upscale casual dining in an English-style gastro brewpub with an emphasis on high-quality food to complement our house-brewed beers. Mad Fox features a chef-driven, seasonal menu and frequent specials including pizza, panini, salads and vegetarian friendly foods; fresh, locally grown seasonal produce, cheeses and other ingredients; locally raised lamb, bison, beef, chicken and game; and house-cured meats. Mad Fox has a 63-foot long bar showcasing our seven to ten standard, house-brewed beers on tap as well as a rotating selection of seasonal brews in German, English, Belgian and American styles. Also, don’t miss our cask conditioned proper Real Ales served through water jacketed Angram beer engines, ensuring that every pint is served at properly conditioned cellar temperatures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Mad Fox Brewing Company - Best Restaurants in Falls Church ›
Mad Fox Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)great for lunch (31)great for outdoor dining (30)vibrant bar scene (24)good for groups (24)great for brunch (20)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (14)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (11)late-night find (10)romantic (7)notable wine list (4)Show More
- PittfanDined on 8/16/2014Craft brews were great, excellent burgers, good service.Special Features:
- More a pub than a great restaurantLookingForGreatPlacesDined on 8/7/2014We met some friends the other night. Even though we requested a table away from the bar area (and there were plenty of tables away from the bar) our friends were put into a booth near the bar. The food was average, service okay, but the place was way too noisy for a non-yelling conversation. If you're there to drink a lot, hey, great. For wonderful food and conversation, not so great. If 2 1/2 stars had been an option, that would have been my choice for a rating. A bit overpriced for what's there.
- Great for Cask Conditioned BeerdaginvaDined on 8/2/2014This brewpub always has a selection of their own excellent beers available on cask.
- I was here for the beer!FootsDined on 8/1/2014A sampler of four, well made, high quality ales made for a wonderful National IPA Day celebration. I was a very hoppy camper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flight CheckHungryDined on 7/27/2014We enjoyed 3 flights of amazing craft brews (and excellent food to accompany the beer).Special Features:
- Not sure I'll returnOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/17/2014Service was so-so, then we're out of two of the drinks our table ordered, and they wouldn't seat us at the table we reserved because they said they did not have enough staff working. Lame.
- Great pizza, great beerKlarkKhentDined on 7/12/2014The pizza is outstanding -- well-made crusts and good toppings. The beer was very good, focusing on British and American styles.Special Features:
- Bro BrunchRanger025Dined on 7/7/2014Stopped in with my bud for early lunch. The atmosphere was easy and the wait staff very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Drink!ButterburDined on 7/3/2014Ever since I was introduced to Mad Fox Brewing Company, I have loved their food, drink and service! They are about to celebrate their fourth anniversary and they know how to celebrate: give-aways, tappings, live band and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service decliningregularDined on 6/28/2014this is one of our favorite neighborhood dinner bars, but the last couple of times visiting Mad Fox have been disappointments with service and food. Two entrees had incorrect side dishes this time, and drinks did not get replaced in a timely way. Also, the menu has been reduced to pizza, a few expensive entrees and hamburgers for the most part, which leaves fewer choices for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodCitizenNomadVIPDined on 6/18/2014One of my go to spots for food and beer. What else do you need in life?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big FindMinkadinkDined on 6/15/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday, and even though it took us over an hour to drive here, we're definitely going back as often as possible. Wonderful food, perfect portions, outstanding service, and a fun place to be. Prices are fair. Get the doughnuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant patio diningMcCoolDined on 6/15/2014Mad Fox is conveniently located in Falls Church on highway 7 but my family's last visit was from the W&OD bike trail. It is a great stop after a long (or short) bike ride.Special Features:
- Perfect!AlwaysLookingForAFindDined on 6/14/2014This made us feel like we were back in Europe, except on a much larger scale! Atmosphere was great, food was delicious, and the beer......Perfect! We wish you were down the street instead of over 30 mins away. Turkey burger was cooked.....Perfect and remained juicy and flavorful. Our son enjoyed the Butcher Block pizza, it reminded him of all the European pizzas he had eaten. And the Trout......Perfect! Our server was friendly and attentive. She knew we wanted to watch the soccer match, so she gave us our space and let us tell her when we were ready.....Perfect!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/13/2014Front desk was new. Wanted to sit my two-person party next to a large group (15). Had to ask to be seated at other end of restaurant. Then put us at table set up for six. (three tables side by side). I separated one off to the side to make it more condusive for dining. More training is in order.Special Features:
- great place to meet old friendswolfgirlDined on 6/12/2014I picked this based on others recommendations. It was a great place to get reacquainted with an old friend with a really nice atmosphere and noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Father's Day brunchDadsdayDined on 6/8/2014Enjoyed the brunch and an "early" afternoon taste of some of the beverages. Atmosphere is well done and while the brunch menu is certainly "non-traditional", it's unique takes on some regular dishes was done quite well. Enjoyable and reasonably priced. We enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gastropub!!JEFFREYSANDined on 6/7/2014Awesome beer, and the food is equally excellent!! Amazing pizzas, burgers and sandwiches, which pairs perfectly with thier awesome, in-house brewed beer!Special Features:
- Good atmospherehaochiDined on 6/6/2014Our waiter was fun and attentive. The food was pretty good and the atmosphere was upbeat and lively. It's a little noisy but only to be expected in a pub. The beer is the thing and it was excellent.Special Features:
- So, What Entrees AREN'T You Out OF?FinedinerVIPDined on 5/19/2014Unbelievable experience. This place has an excellent selection of beers. But when we went there for dinner and tried to order off an already-very-limited list of entrees (about 10 items, plus burgers and pizza items), we were told that they were out of...not one, not two, not three, not four...wait for for it, they were out of FIVE -- 50 percent of their entrees. Plus they had no peperoni for pizza! The waiters themselves were so exasperated with their manager that they begged us to talk to him. Told us this this place actually had no burger patties for lunch that day!!! We drank our beers, paid up and walked out. Clearly, management needs to be replaced at this place! We won't be going back until that happens.
- A special event worth the milesBillGammonDined on 5/16/2014I came to Mad Fox for the first time to try the Big O & Dukes collaboration beer. I made a reservation because after the 350 mile drive, I was interested in making sure I had a seat and was able to eat a meal. The staff was beyond kind and even took care of my cooler with two of my own growlers so I could take "The Maneuver" home to West Virginia with me. Over the evening, I ate the equivalent of nearly two meals and even bought a burger for a new friend. A lot of great Mad Fox beer accompanied my meal and once The Maneuver was available I topped off the evening with several servings. Having a hotel room within view across the street made it all better. I've bragged to all my friends about Mad Fox and am eager for my return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2014the kitchen was extremely slow. It was Mother's Day but the restaurant was not full. It took 1 hour for our food to come out. The manager did not charge us - which was nice- but this is not the first time this has happened. Dont go to the Fox if you are on a time table
- menu needs overhaulPeggyMVIPDined on 5/11/2014Brunch is so weird there I didn't know what to order. They used to serve omelets. At 10:30 a.m. I don't want to eat short ribs even if it is a Benedict. They could not make me an omelet. Offerings with scrambled eggs came with baked beans and the like. That's fine to serve the full monty so long as you remember you are in Falls Church and people in our area like more normal breakfast fare, too. I got a side of scrambled eggs, side of bacon and a waffle which got served on two huge bowls. I love the bartender, Krista.Special Features:
- Highly recommendRuffianDined on 5/9/2014Have been to Mad Fox many times and the food never disappoints. Noise level is high so don't go expecting a quiet romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Nice weekend brunchcurlerlikeyouDined on 5/4/2014My boyfriend and I came Sunday for brunch at noon. I was surprised that there were very few people in the restaurant when we arrived, but a few families came in after us. The food was good, though my boyfriend said his breakfast potatoes were a bit salty and one of the biscuits in my benedict was a bit salty as well. I think the biggest improvement I could recommend, though, was to have the advertised items in stock! My boyfriend tried to order the pork belly benedict, and they had no pork belly, and they had no portobello mushrooms for my portobello benedict. (They did substitute another meat and type of mushroom.) The pretzel appetizer was also a little small, but delicious. We were very impressed at the beer flight pours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 402 reviews are from the Mad Fox Brewing Company reviews archive.
- Great experienceHungryfamily3Dined on 4/29/2014We went as a large group of 13 between funeral visitations lTe in the afternoon. Had excellent service, food and drinks. They hit us in, served and out in the time frame we needed. Craving their tuna taco. Hubby has a pizza he said it was delish. Had the beer samplers. And we all did a shot if whiskey in remembrance of our deceased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer, great foodLuvbeerDined on 4/22/2014Not only their beers are nice and special but also their foods are great. My friend recommended me to try mussels and it is so good! We loved the soup they cooked mussel in. I need to bring a baguette to eat with next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken and waffles were stellarOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2014I typically would not order chicken & waffles but at the server's suggestion I did. The chicken was crisp and flavorful no bone & the waffles fluffy & right hint on sweet with the apple topping. Cheese grits made the mark for good southern cuisine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!breakfastloverVIPDined on 4/13/2014Everything was wonderful. I was planning to get breakfast but switched to the Chicken Pesto Panini last minute. Didn't regret it and it was even better with the tomato soup to dip it in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with friendsNew2BaltimoreDined on 4/12/2014My husband and I recently had a nice dinner with another couple. All the food we had was very good! Appetizers were the bitterballen and house-made pretzel. The pretzel is especially tasty. We all enjoyed our entrees, from the fish tacos to the burgers to the scallops. And all 4 of us got a flight. Great price for a sampling of their beer! Also, service was fantastic. It is a bar, so it's a little loud at times (the only downside). We were there for dinner, without kids, so I can't say how it is for other meals. I'm sure that kids are allowed in the main dining area. It had a nice little outdoor seating area as well. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great BeerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014Outstanding selection of home brews, excellent food, will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Beer, Okay Food, Way Too Loud!LilaDined on 4/5/2014The micro brew beer was good and it was great fun to sample a flight of brews. The food was just okay though, so go for the beer. The noise level on a Saturday night was obnoxious. At our table for 4, we couldn't hear each other over the crowd and ended up shouting the entire meal.
- Visit to Washington areaIndianapolis5000Dined on 4/1/2014Went to visit my son who lives in the area. It was a really nice evening. The beers were great and the fried chicken was outstanding. I would recommend it highly...and look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mad FoxPamelaDined on 3/29/2014If you are a beer lover, you'll love Mad Fox. The food is better than just pub food and the beers are terrific. Get a reservation on the weekends. It's a busy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza and tiramisu!AmandaVIPDined on 3/28/2014Great and unique pizzas. And an amazing tiramisu dessert!Special Features:
- Good food, AWESOME BEEROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014The food and service were both great, I have no complaints to register. However, the beer was out of this world. I highly recommend Mad Fox for any beer lover!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother with a reservationbteeDined on 3/20/2014Arrived at 7:25 for a 7:30 reservation, was informed that it would be a five minute wait while they cleared some tables. At 7:45 the host came over and told us that he did us a favor by inserting us into the queue and that it would only be another 25 minute wait. This would have put a 7:30 reservation at more like 8:15. Might as well not bother making one in the first place if that's the case. We left after that.
- Food is always delicious andcmarieDined on 3/17/2014Food is always delicious and have a great selection of beers for varying tastes. I came here to celebrate my birthday on this particular visit. This was my third visit, and I look forward to many more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gemcdb3Dined on 3/17/2014Another snow day in a very long winter was made brighter by a dining experience at this neighborhood gem on St. Patrick's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice nightBirthday2Dined on 3/15/2014We celebrated two birthdays and we had a nice time, food was great. We enjoyed a donut sundae which was great, compliments of the restaurant/waiter. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.