12 Gerard Street
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.macssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6315495300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday Starts at 11:30 Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday Brunch 11:00 am-3:00pm 3:00pm-9:00pm The bar opens at 4:00pm Monday - Saturday and at 3:00pm on Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Raphael Salermon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Mac's is the perfect spot for your catering needs. We have a private wine salon for parties of 8 to 12 people. Upstairs’ at Mac's we have a room that can seat up to 80 people and 125 for cocktail parties. We have a number of different party dinner packages starting at $45 per person Lunches starting at $25. Mac's is the spot for all types of events, pharmaceutical, corporate or social events. Call for details and more information Christine Hatt 631-549-5300
- Private Party Facilities: For your catering needs our private dining area is ideal for any party, social occasion, business event or fundraiser. Mac's can host everything from bridal showers and rehearsal dinners, holiday gatherings and business meetings. Our catering manager will be happy to assist you in coordinating all the details. Just give us a call and we would be happy to help you with all your presentation needs.
- Private Party Contact: Ron Gelish 6315495300
- Special Events: Mac's every friday evening has a Surf and Turf dinner for two includes Soup or Salad, 16 oz. Filet Mignon Two 6 oz. lobster tails, sides and dessert more details on our website.
A word from Mac's Steakhouse
Nestled in the heart of Huntington, Mac's Steakhouse has set a new standard in dining. Macs proudly serves the finest selections of Natural Fed Meat, Seafood from the Pacific Rim and a masterfully selected Award Winning Wine List. Inside, dine in our two distinct dining areas, that can accomodate 200 guests, as well as our private wine salon accomodating 12 guests. An elegant leather padded bar serves as the perfect area to unwind. This tasteful setting also includes a glass enclosed wine cellar which holds over 1,200 bottles, 100 of which are priced below $50.00.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mac's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (25)romantic (24)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- JeanineVIPDined on 10/23/2014Food was delicious as always! Our server was excellent-extremely personable and very attentive. A most enjoyable evening for all!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Food was good but our server was terrific. Very attentive, helpful and polite. We were not rushed and had a great dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor service.DB31Dined on 10/17/2014We went for the Huntington restaurant week. But the steak on online was not on the menu at the restaurant. My boyfriend ended up not ordering off the restaurant week menu, I should have done the same. First the waiter never told us the specials. My app looked like a mess of mozz and an unripe tomato on a plate, no dressing. My entrée (seafood risotto) was delicious, and my boyfriends steak was cooked perfectly. The table was cleared while he was still eating. Then my dessert was brought out, and he was not even shown a menu. We were never asked if we wanted more drinks (we did). Then the check was on our table before we finished dessert. We were out in a hour. Unfortunately the great food did not make up for the rushed/poor service.Special Features:
- ExperiencejustasplashDined on 10/8/2014The 8th was my husband and I 20 year anniversary and we immediately chose Macs for our special evening. It was an incredible experience from the martini at the bar to a fabulous dinner. We mentioned it was our anniversary when we booked it so the table that was held for us was excellent nice big romantic table. The entire staff is great from the minute we walked in until we left several hours later. We were not rushed they let us really enjoy our night it was just perfect. Wonderful atmosphere and delicious food.Special Features:
- Not the best!GreatDined on 10/4/2014Food was ok and the service was terrible, had to get up and go to the front desk due to the waiter never coming back after he served our meal.Special Features:
- Huge disappointmentRobinsueDined on 10/2/2014We were looking forward to our dinner at Macs It had gotten good reviews so we were expecting a great meal Well it went from bad to worse We waited a good 10 minutes before anyone came to our table While we were waiting, I moved the pepper mill to discover a big black stain hidden below My husband as a joke lifts up the salt and guess what A stain hidden below that as well Next my margarita comes after waiting a half hour -it has red lipstick all over the glass I sent it back Then dinner came We ordered a rib steak medium rare well it came raw My skirt steak still had membrane attached & not removed The waiter saw how badly everything was and he bought us cappuccino & dessert The cappuccino was cold The meal was terrible
- As Good as it GetsKnicku9Dined on 10/2/2014Really nicely decorated restaurant, the staff was on spot. The food was cooked just about perfect, steaks a little too raw/rare for Med Rare. The Lobster Quesadilla, was huge, nice for a share appetizer,. The Tuna Tartar, maybe too much ginger ground with the Tuna, would have preferred more simple on tuna, and use wasabi & ginger sides to flavor on my own, nice plating. Pear Salad very nice, as well as the wedge Salad. All nice size and well presented.The Veal Chop was Great looking, and great size. Pretty tender, but not milk fed. The risotto, supposed to be truffle risotto had NO truffle at all. The Rib Eye, was also nice size and cooked well. It's not cheap but for the portions, and atmosphere, it is what it is.Special Features:
- Almost Perfectc5028Dined on 10/2/2014Food and service were good. Minuses: * Sitting against a curtain with kitchen noises on the other side. * Being charged moire than the menu priceSpecial Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2014My boyfriend took me here for my birthday dinner. The service was impeccable. We were greeted by a friendly hostess who seated us immediately. Our waiter was Jim and he was so friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. We had a few questions about wine and the food and he was spot on with his answers and suggestions on what to try. The food was absolutely amazing. I would definitely suggest this restaurant and request for Jim to be your server. Thank you for a wonderful birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good, some not so goodeatwellDined on 9/29/2014The atmosphere was pleasant as was the staff. The appetizer was good but my dry aged steak was tough. The waiter never came back over to ask how things were.
- Will be backIrsmeyazDined on 9/29/2014From the time we walked in, the staff was attentive and friendly. The waiter was very knowledgable about the menu and gave great suggestions. The food was yummy as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the Weightkenny4kDined on 9/27/2014Place was packed, but table was ready exactly at the time of our reservation. Service was excellent, as was the food. We will definitely be going back!!!Special Features:
- SurprisedHuntingtonDinersDined on 9/27/2014Chris our server was great, portions were generous, timing of courses good, drinks were great. The prices were better than I expected and heard of. I would definitely return again.Special Features:
- Macs from ATOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/23/2014Very nice dinner and a great server, the food was very good and really enjoyed the restaurantSpecial Features:
- excellent dinnerozzymanVIPDined on 9/21/2014Food and service was excellent. We could not have asked for a better dinner. Steak was cooked as requested and the waiter was fantastic.Special Features:
- Excellent Choicec5028Dined on 9/21/2014Great foods............. had various salads follwed by delicious Osso Buco... recommended. Nice wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Macsjudge1VIPDined on 9/14/2014The service great. It really made the experience too. Food was real good as well. NO negatives here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placejanieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Used a groupon and had no restrictions on ordering. Food was incredibly prepared. Porterhouse pork chop---delicious. Jim, our waiter was a big help. Gave us specials with prices no less.. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and serviceEatemupVIPDined on 9/9/2014Our first time meal was very enjoyable.Our waiter named Jim provided friendly excellent service. The short-rib appetizer was delicious as well as the lobster bisque. My 28 ounce steak was cooked to perfection and was served on a hot plate. It was outstanding. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMSPSFDined on 9/9/2014Really enjoyed our meals - consistant quality throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mccmVIPDined on 9/6/2014Our first time dining here. Staff very friendly. Some aspects of decor could stand updating - carpet in a restaurant, yuck....outdoor cheap plastic tables. Calamari appetizer was more like calamari in soup, a bit tough too. Steak for two was good, not great. One cocktail was great while the margarita came in so much ice there was not much of a drink in it. We also thought the music genre was odd (rock) and sort of loud for the setting. Net net, an ok experience but we wouldnt rush back.
- very goodscottnVIPDined on 9/5/2014our table was ready when we arrived. our server was exceptionally friendly and full of personality. the food was good. nicely aged steaks, a nice lobster tail. salads were ok, really ordinary, and a bit over dressed. Sides were OK. nice desert list, and a nice wine list. I would say that Mac's is very good choice if you are looking for classic steakhouse fare.Special Features:
- Macs ReviewGrazerfamily7Dined on 8/30/2014I just want to say that my first experience at this establishment was a wonderful one. I will definitely come back and our waiter Jim was exceptional. The service was outstanding as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac's Steakhouseitsallgood2014Dined on 8/23/2014I enjoyed my experience at Mac's Steakhouse. The food was excellent and for a busy Saturday night, the staff was very attentive. The potatoes au gratin are a favorite of mine and they did not disappoint. I will be dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service both excellenthardtoimpressVIPDined on 8/17/2014Everything was great. We have been here several times befores and everyone thought this time restaurant was better then ever. We went on a Sunday night this time . Restaurant was less crowded then on Friday / Saturday night. Service was great. All the food was fresh and cooked to perfection. We had tuna tartar. Oysters, salad for apps. Mains included 2 lb. lobster which was moist and tender. Surf and turf excellent . Veal chop 1 of the best around. Really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satisfiesbillfroDined on 8/16/2014If you haven't been to Mac's, you should go. The food is wonderful and the service is great.Special Features:
- Excellent diningluvmyfoodDined on 8/15/2014Food and service were excellent. However, steakhouses are expensive, and this is no exception. By the time we added up the appetizers, main course, dessert, and wine, it was a pricey meal, but excellent for a special occasion. Kudos for free valet parking in a town with very limited parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beTheReviwer2014Dined on 8/15/2014Very disappointed. Would not go back. I felt rushed and I asked for a quiet spot for a romantic evening which was not fulfilled. We were sat in the middle of the restaurant which was loud and uncomfortable. Food was sub-par for a NY steak house. There is better places in the village of Huntington.Special Features:
- Better than expected.phorn571Dined on 8/14/2014We went with a groupon and we throughly enjoyed our meal. The service was great, the food was very good (although the baked clams could have be a little crunchier on top.). All in all it was better than our expectations. Would definitely go again!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Service was great, food fantastic. We would go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LawrysVIPDined on 8/9/2014The staff makes you feel welcome the moment you step from the car. The hostess, waitstaff, management all do all they can to make the evening great. The food is prepared and served wonderfully and they will do whatever they can to accomodate. We love this place and only fault it for being so far from our home that we can not go more often.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Great Restaurant with good food and service it was ideal for our frineds wedding anniversary. Everyone was so accommodating .We got our money' worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLj123Dined on 8/4/2014Although the different varieties of steaks were good as well as the fra diablo, the swordfish was the worst I had ever had. Comparable to chalk is all I can think of at the moment. Steakhouse = steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food below average, at best!!ksgirl675Dined on 8/3/2014The steak was ordered "VERY RARE - blood in the plate". It came to the table MEDIUM - not even pink in the center. The lobster and shrimp were tough and chewy - again, probably because they were over cooked. Our waiter was fabulous!! He was VERY attentive and very kind!! If the food would have been much better, it would have been a nice experience. We won't go back, and wouldn't recommend .... sorry!!Special Features:
- Magellan65VIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a family dinner here with 12 of us. We had the private room which was very nice. The food was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant and go back.Special Features:
- Mac's- Eat the Beef!HuntingtonMyVillDined on 8/2/2014We went for a special occasion. Service was excellent and everyone enjoyed the food, especially the filet mignon which wasn't small at all. Couldn't believe the place was packed with all sorts of people from casual to well dressed. Located right in Huntington Village, there's always a valet on hand to make sure you get parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible steaks and thin,not cookedLuvtoeatVIPDined on 8/1/2014My husband is a big steak eater! The steaks were so thin and no taste at all! I had the swordfish which was delicious! It tucked away far from all the good spots in huntington! Looks like it's going to fall apart from the outside ! The service was terrible ! All the waiters were socializing instead of being attentive to their customers!
- Dinner for 4MattyDined on 7/31/2014Dinner for 4 was outstanding the service was outstanding all the details are first class the aged steaks is the reason to go their and all and all it is for special dinners with close friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCindyDined on 7/23/2014Mac's used to have a reputation for its excellent food and steaks. We found the food average and we were expecting much better. The dry-aged, grass-fed bone-in rib eye was served 'charred' (aka burnt to a crisp). The entire piece of meat and bone was black. It was cooked perfectly to a medium rare and served with a sauce that tasted like supermarket ketchup. Asparagus was also "charred" and black, we would have preferred it grilled to be able to taste the asparagus. The horseradish sirloin was good, but I have had better at steakhouse chain restaurants. The food seemed to be prepared in the quickest way possible with no attention to detail. Great service, excellent wine list, very nice decor and table settings. Food just average.Special Features:
- Trendy and cozyScarletteDined on 7/21/2014I had bought a groupon for the place and decided to go with another couple for a late Monday night dinner. I thought the décor was beautiful and very trendy and masculine. I enjoyed the wine display as they have many to choose from to accompany your mouth watering steak. The waiter was very welcoming and knowledgeable. Our food and appetizers were delicious and came in a timely manner and the portions were fare for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.