12 Gerard Street
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.macssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6315495300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday Starts at 11:30 Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday Brunch 11:00 am-3:00pm 3:00pm-9:00pm The bar opens at 4:00pm Monday - Saturday and at 3:00pm on Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Raphael Salermon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Mac's is the perfect spot for your catering needs. We have a private wine salon for parties of 8 to 12 people. Upstairs’ at Mac's we have a room that can seat up to 80 people and 125 for cocktail parties. We have a number of different party dinner packages starting at $45 per person Lunches starting at $25. Mac's is the spot for all types of events, pharmaceutical, corporate or social events. Call for details and more information Christine Hatt 631-549-5300
- Private Party Facilities: For your catering needs our private dining area is ideal for any party, social occasion, business event or fundraiser. Mac's can host everything from bridal showers and rehearsal dinners, holiday gatherings and business meetings. Our catering manager will be happy to assist you in coordinating all the details. Just give us a call and we would be happy to help you with all your presentation needs.
- Private Party Contact: Ron Gelish 6315495300
- Special Events: Mac's every friday evening has a Surf and Turf dinner for two includes Soup or Salad, 16 oz. Filet Mignon Two 6 oz. lobster tails, sides and dessert more details on our website.
A word from Mac's Steakhouse
Nestled in the heart of Huntington, Mac's Steakhouse has set a new standard in dining. Macs proudly serves the finest selections of Natural Fed Meat, Seafood from the Pacific Rim and a masterfully selected Award Winning Wine List. Inside, dine in our two distinct dining areas, that can accomodate 200 guests, as well as our private wine salon accomodating 12 guests. An elegant leather padded bar serves as the perfect area to unwind. This tasteful setting also includes a glass enclosed wine cellar which holds over 1,200 bottles, 100 of which are priced below $50.00.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mac's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (16)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Macs ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014I just want to say that my first experience at this establishment was a wonderful one. I will definitely come back and our waiter Jim was exceptional. The service was outstanding as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac's Steakhouseitsallgood2014Dined on 8/23/2014I enjoyed my experience at Mac's Steakhouse. The food was excellent and for a busy Saturday night, the staff was very attentive. The potatoes au gratin are a favorite of mine and they did not disappoint. I will be dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service both excellenthardtoimpressVIPDined on 8/17/2014Everything was great. We have been here several times befores and everyone thought this time restaurant was better then ever. We went on a Sunday night this time . Restaurant was less crowded then on Friday / Saturday night. Service was great. All the food was fresh and cooked to perfection. We had tuna tartar. Oysters, salad for apps. Mains included 2 lb. lobster which was moist and tender. Surf and turf excellent . Veal chop 1 of the best around. Really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satisfiesbillfroDined on 8/16/2014If you haven't been to Mac's, you should go. The food is wonderful and the service is great.Special Features:
- Excellent diningluvmyfoodDined on 8/15/2014Food and service were excellent. However, steakhouses are expensive, and this is no exception. By the time we added up the appetizers, main course, dessert, and wine, it was a pricey meal, but excellent for a special occasion. Kudos for free valet parking in a town with very limited parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beTheReviwer2014Dined on 8/15/2014Very disappointed. Would not go back. I felt rushed and I asked for a quiet spot for a romantic evening which was not fulfilled. We were sat in the middle of the restaurant which was loud and uncomfortable. Food was sub-par for a NY steak house. There is better places in the village of Huntington.Special Features:
- Better than expected.phorn571Dined on 8/14/2014We went with a groupon and we throughly enjoyed our meal. The service was great, the food was very good (although the baked clams could have be a little crunchier on top.). All in all it was better than our expectations. Would definitely go again!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Service was great, food fantastic. We would go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LawrysVIPDined on 8/9/2014The staff makes you feel welcome the moment you step from the car. The hostess, waitstaff, management all do all they can to make the evening great. The food is prepared and served wonderfully and they will do whatever they can to accomodate. We love this place and only fault it for being so far from our home that we can not go more often.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Great Restaurant with good food and service it was ideal for our frineds wedding anniversary. Everyone was so accommodating .We got our money' worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLj123Dined on 8/4/2014Although the different varieties of steaks were good as well as the fra diablo, the swordfish was the worst I had ever had. Comparable to chalk is all I can think of at the moment. Steakhouse = steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food below average, at best!!ksgirl675Dined on 8/3/2014The steak was ordered "VERY RARE - blood in the plate". It came to the table MEDIUM - not even pink in the center. The lobster and shrimp were tough and chewy - again, probably because they were over cooked. Our waiter was fabulous!! He was VERY attentive and very kind!! If the food would have been much better, it would have been a nice experience. We won't go back, and wouldn't recommend .... sorry!!Special Features:
- Magellan65VIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a family dinner here with 12 of us. We had the private room which was very nice. The food was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant and go back.Special Features:
- Mac's- Eat the Beef!HuntingtonMyVillDined on 8/2/2014We went for a special occasion. Service was excellent and everyone enjoyed the food, especially the filet mignon which wasn't small at all. Couldn't believe the place was packed with all sorts of people from casual to well dressed. Located right in Huntington Village, there's always a valet on hand to make sure you get parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible steaks and thin,not cookedLuvtoeatVIPDined on 8/1/2014My husband is a big steak eater! The steaks were so thin and no taste at all! I had the swordfish which was delicious! It tucked away far from all the good spots in huntington! Looks like it's going to fall apart from the outside ! The service was terrible ! All the waiters were socializing instead of being attentive to their customers!
- Dinner for 4MattyDined on 7/31/2014Dinner for 4 was outstanding the service was outstanding all the details are first class the aged steaks is the reason to go their and all and all it is for special dinners with close friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCindyDined on 7/23/2014Mac's used to have a reputation for its excellent food and steaks. We found the food average and we were expecting much better. The dry-aged, grass-fed bone-in rib eye was served 'charred' (aka burnt to a crisp). The entire piece of meat and bone was black. It was cooked perfectly to a medium rare and served with a sauce that tasted like supermarket ketchup. Asparagus was also "charred" and black, we would have preferred it grilled to be able to taste the asparagus. The horseradish sirloin was good, but I have had better at steakhouse chain restaurants. The food seemed to be prepared in the quickest way possible with no attention to detail. Great service, excellent wine list, very nice decor and table settings. Food just average.Special Features:
- Trendy and cozyScarletteDined on 7/21/2014I had bought a groupon for the place and decided to go with another couple for a late Monday night dinner. I thought the décor was beautiful and very trendy and masculine. I enjoyed the wine display as they have many to choose from to accompany your mouth watering steak. The waiter was very welcoming and knowledgeable. Our food and appetizers were delicious and came in a timely manner and the portions were fare for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TommyVIPDined on 7/17/2014Excellent food and great service. The waiter was very accommodating and described the specials and our options in detail.Special Features:
- Fair steak houseLadyMDined on 7/12/2014It is a problem when the restaurant is called a steakhouse and everything was good except the steak. Appetizers were very good esp. the slab bacon (on the menu as a side dish). I ordered the petit filet minon butterflied medium well. It came out between med rare and medium. When I sent it back, the waiter returned and said this is what the chef considers med well. I couldn't eat it and they did cook it a tad more. My friend ordered the same thing but well done. Hers was not butterflied (the waiter's error) and burnt on the outside, rare on the inside. She sent it back and instead of cooking a new piece, they butterflied the same piece and cooked it more. It was still burnt and hard to chew on the outside. This is not acceptable!
- excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Husband and son shared the porterhouse for 2,my daughter and I shared the salmon and filet oscar(filet with crabmeat on top). Sides included mushrooms and onions and plantain. Highly recommend the plantain-delicious! All the food was cooked to perfection. Service was excellent and friendly. The food here is always good-excellent. Atmosphere is quiet and relaxed. Overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Food! Great Service!tornadozzzDined on 7/6/2014This is a go-to place for celebrations without being ridiculously expensive. The food is so thoughtfully prepared and the wine list quite extensive.Special Features:
- Great food, excellent serviceKeliaqtDined on 7/6/2014My husband and I went to Mac's for our 2 year wedding anniversary. We had the short rib dumplings as an appetizer which were delicious. We had the porterhouse for two, which was a little rare for my liking but perfect for my husband so the waiter took a few pieces and brought it back to be cooked longer on the grill for me. For sides we had the grilled asparagus and black truffle Mac n cheese which were really good too. For dessert we had the golden apple crisp which was excellent. We were so full after that. Our waiter, I wish I could remember his name, was excellent. He was very attentive and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak house in the areayummDined on 7/1/2014great happy hour, with a wonderfully cordial bartender food cooked to perfection our waiter was exceptional expect to leave well satisfied and relaxed.Special Features:
- Outstanding oysters!NopeDined on 6/28/2014And the meal didn't break the bank, even with apps and wine and two specials. It was great. We'd go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectTastetesterDined on 6/24/2014My fiancé and I have been here before on multiple occasions, and the place never disappoints. From the welcoming greeting, to the excellent table service, and satisfaction guaranteed. The menu looks delicious, and anything we have ever had from it, has been pure heaven for the taste buds. The wine list is plentiful and very much enjoy the fact that upon requesting a specific taste of wine, the staff was able to deliver and exceed expectations. Great ambiance...we have been there for quiet times, and the not so quiet times..however, the "louder" times are still quiet and respectful. The bar is on the other side so enjoying a romantic meal is always to be had.Special Features:
- Nothing specialJanijansDined on 6/21/2014Old looking, dark, overpriced, food very average, service ok but not polished, definitely not worth the price With so many great places on town, I would never go back
- Hadn't been here in a few yearsMizlabelDined on 6/21/2014and I have to say that I think the restaurant has improved greatly. It's a bit pricey, but the food was decent as was the service. For an eatery in Huntington, it's not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and will be backMariaDined on 6/19/2014First time dining at Mac's Steakhouse and was really impressed with the variety on the menu. Will have to go back to try other items on the menu. Had a great waiter Jim who happened to be a great server. I love the way he says the chef specials and explains the details of each special. Can't wait to go back......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- father's daycaraVIPDined on 6/15/2014I purchased a groupon and i couldnt have been happier! Delicious food, excellent service, my waiter Chris was awesome! The overall value of the groupon was outstanding! Highly recommend this dinning establishment wether you have a groupon or not. Great find cant wait to return for another outstanding meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was not as expectedfoddieDined on 6/15/2014went for father's day brunch, service very good, the food was only fair, and actually most of our party chose from regular menu as brunch menu was very limited. Actually very few people present which seemed unusual for father's day. Likely wouldn't go there again. Our server was excellent.
- Sevice & food was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Will be retuning the only thing missing is live music and more per fix dinner'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Brunch Find!Teacher314VIPDined on 6/8/2014We went for brunch and enjoyed the selections from the Farmer's table (bagels, pastries, cheeses, salads, fruits) before our entrees arrived. The price was reasonable and it was quiet and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014Service was horrible. We were a party of 10 on a Saturday night and they assigned us an inexperienced waitress who could not even pronounce basic words like couscous. She spilled hot food on my daughter, cursed, and never brought a replacement. She told the four people who had surf and turf that they had to share the melted butter...for $45 bucks I want my own butter to dip my lobster in! Foods wasn't much better. Steak was overlooked, charred and tasteless. The 30 day bone in NY strip tasted like a catcher's mit. The potato croquette tasted like it had been taken out of the freezer and cooked in a toaster oven. The creamed spinach was bland and watery. The mashed potatoes were cold The calamari was rubbery.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2014The service was professional and friendly. We were not pleased with the Horseradish Cream Sirloin. The steak was tough, chewy and gamy. The horseradish sauce lacked flavor. However, the grilled Salmon was great! Avoid the baked clams: 2 were spoiled, the other 4 were void of a traditional garlic/oil/breadcrumb taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen problemFoodieDined on 5/31/2014We asked that our entrees not come out until we were ready, but it was obvious that the food was sitting and reheated. My wife's steak came out medium well when asked for medium rare. After 3 more tries, she just accepted what was served. My lobster dish was very chewy and had little taste. They won't see us back, even though the manager tried to appease us by taking the cost of both entrees off our bill.
- Always deliciousRanadamaDined on 5/31/2014Mac's has a wonderful assortment of food - the wedge salad is great and their steaks are wonderful. One of our friends had the calamari appetizer and said that it is the best that he has ever had.Special Features:
- Pleasant but colddinner234Dined on 5/31/2014Did't get any warm feelings when I told hostess that we were two couples celebrating 45th anniversarys, just a forced congratulations. Same from manager as we left after flickering of house lights while several tables were still occupied. (It was 10:45 pm on Saturday night.). Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So accommodating.JanpammacDined on 5/24/2014We had a really nice dinner and great accommodations to all our special food needs - gluten free, onion allergy, picky people. We had great meals and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunchKeliaqtDined on 5/11/2014We took my Mom for Mother's Day brunch. Not all the items listed on the website were served for the brunch so we were a bit disappointed in that but other than that the food was good. Also, the complimentary drinks that were served (mimosas and bloody marys) had like barely any alcohol in them so that was pretty weak.Special Features:
- The following 652 reviews are from the Mac's Steakhouse reviews archive.