12 Gerard Street
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.macssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (631) 549-5300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday Starts at 11:30 Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday Brunch 11:00 am-3:00pm 3:00pm-9:00pm The bar opens at 4:00pm Monday - Saturday and at 3:00pm on Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Raphael Salermon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Mac's is the perfect spot for your catering needs. We have a private wine salon for parties of 8 to 12 people. Upstairs’ at Mac's we have a room that can seat up to 80 people and 125 for cocktail parties. We have a number of different party dinner packages starting at $45 per person Lunches starting at $25. Mac's is the spot for all types of events, pharmaceutical, corporate or social events. Call for details and more information Christine Hatt 631-549-5300
- Private Party Facilities: For your catering needs our private dining area is ideal for any party, social occasion, business event or fundraiser. Mac's can host everything from bridal showers and rehearsal dinners, holiday gatherings and business meetings. Our catering manager will be happy to assist you in coordinating all the details. Just give us a call and we would be happy to help you with all your presentation needs.
- Private Party Contact: Ron Gelish 6315495300
- Special Events: Mac's every friday evening has a Surf and Turf dinner for two includes Soup or Salad, 16 oz. Filet Mignon Two 6 oz. lobster tails, sides and dessert more details on our website.
A word from Mac's Steakhouse
Nestled in the heart of Huntington, Mac's Steakhouse has set a new standard in dining. Macs proudly serves the finest selections of Natural Fed Meat, Seafood from the Pacific Rim and a masterfully selected Award Winning Wine List. Inside, dine in our two distinct dining areas, that can accomodate 200 guests, as well as our private wine salon accomodating 12 guests. An elegant leather padded bar serves as the perfect area to unwind. This tasteful setting also includes a glass enclosed wine cellar which holds over 1,200 bottles, 100 of which are priced below $50.00.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mac's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (33)notable wine list (30)fit for foodies (29)romantic (27)late-night find (8)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Centerport JoeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/15/2014We are regulars at Mac's because not only do they have the best steak on Long Island, they always make us feel like we are members of the family. We have been to Mac's about 100 times and the food and service have been consistently great every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pscolexVIPDined on 11/15/2014well balanced and well executed menu featuring excellent quality dry aged prime meatsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delighful find in quaint hungtington villageReviewerDined on 11/14/2014Upon entry we noticed live music. There was a gentleman playing an instrument and he was pleasing to the ears. We decided to go to the bar and enjoy the music for some time and order a cocktail. The bartenders were welcoming, friendly and made suggestions of wine to us. Each item we tried was delicious. We sat on the main floor in the dining room and were pleasantly welcomed by each server and the manager. We were offered the daily specials as well as the main menu. We ordered fish and pork chops which were served at perfect temperature. Gelato was the delight indulgence at the end. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gold Star ServiceDearEllaDined on 11/10/2014My husband and I went there for our 30th anniversary. Granted it was a quiet weeknight, but some staffs get complacent on slow nights. Not this one. The service was attentive but not obtrusive, and we got special treatment for our anniversary, including two complimentary glasses of champagne. And of course, the food was splendid. My husband had pepper-encrusted rib steak, which was on special. It was a bit too peppery for my taste, but it was cooked to perfection. I had the duck and it was sublime. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Mediocre Food/Service - not luxuryFineWineNDineDined on 11/7/2014Food and Service was mediocre Definitely not worth the prices so make sure you go during restaurant week or some kind of special.. Keep in mind if you tip in cash. They will still chargeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Mark was our server...he was great....he recommended a nice bottle of wine and he was spot on!! Food was decent - i had the price fixed skirt steak - it was good....I know these meals tend to be smaller but my salad was extremely small and the piece of carrot cake was almost embarrassingly small...It was about an inch wide My wife had the mussels - the sauce was good and the mussels were OK....on the freshness scale of 1-10 they were about a 7Special Features:
- LI Restaurant Week MUSTn333kDined on 11/7/2014Typically, I find the prix-fixed meals to lack in originality and taste. Not the case here, where even on a busy Friday night during LI Restaurant Week my girlfriend and I had exceptional course after course. My only recommendation to the reader here is if you choose to dine and are asked "How do you prefer your ______?" to go one level under what you normally order. I order Medium but it was the Medium-Rare my girlfriend ordered that was more to my liking. They know their stuff and I will certainly come back.Special Features:
- Food was good.Service, not so muchKLO1013VIPDined on 11/7/2014Our server seemed more interested in being 'witty' and 'funny' than giving us good service. We seemed to be always looking for him, and were helped by the floor manager twice. We shared the calamari which was very tender and in a delicious broth. We also shared a warm pear salad. We had the sword fish and tuna. Both were very good. Our server suggested the cheesecake for dessert, which we agreed to, and a cappuccino. Cheesecake was creamy and delicious!! The cappuccino came in a glass mug, 1/3 filled with liquid and 2/3 foam. We asked the server if he could add some more coffee, and he brought us out a 2nd one, done exactly the same. When we remarked about it, he rudely schooled us on the fact "that would be a latte". Mark needs retraining.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014We had been wanting to try Mac's for a while, and restaurant week seemed like a safe time. Maybe it does not fairly reflect their usual quality. We were seated upstairs, so it was quiet and very pretty. The servers were very attentive, but not hovering and the meal was not rushed even though you knew they were expecting a big crowd. That said, there wasn't anything special or inspired about the entrees. I had the filet, which was cooked perfectly and well seasoned. But my only taste of my husbands sirloin was a mouthful of grizzle. The coffee was weak and lukewarm. Disappointing, and given the usual price of dining there, I would not risk a return. And the poor young man outside trying to valet alone did his best, but needed assistance!
- Nice place & great service2PetsDined on 11/4/2014My husband and I had a lovely time at dinner. He loved his salmon dish, but my steak was a bit tough.
- MACOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014great food and service would recommend to friends and family -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local steakhouseNozirevDined on 11/3/2014Walked in expecting a fancy steakhouse on a day of long island restaurant week. More like family/friendly environment in a quiet setting. Got salads for appetizer and skirt steak and fillet mignon for main dish. None special for salads, but the first impression was, "I guess they didn't care for how their food looked" which tasted okay. Got a medium skirt steak cooked perfect in yummy marinated sauce. Give 4/5 for taste and medium rare filet mignon which I must say average/ below average. Side dishes were 4/5. Food was warm but not sizzling hot, and got cold real quick. Dish wasn't heated. I guess I have been to a few good steakhouse and raised my expectation a bit... Overall, okay but not impressed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week experienceElwoodMomDined on 11/2/2014I wasn't impressed having been to Mac's previously. I had the seafood with risotto. The shrimp was flash boiled and tasteless & the veg. medley was barely cooked. The sauce was tasty. The risotto needed more flavor. My mother ate the skirt steak which had flavor, but was chewy. My husband had eaten that before and said it was delicious. Obviously a better selection when it's NOT restaurant week. My husband had the sirloin with cherry pepper sauce and said it was delicious and tender. For an additional $6 you need to get a decent meal on Restaurant week. The desserts and appetizers were very good and our waiter was outstanding and very attentive. So were the other wait staff. The restaurant was a little cold, but very picturesque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and very fair pricesdinner27Dined on 11/1/2014The food was delicious, no complaints...oysters, wedge salad, ribeye and lobster&shrimp risotto was the highlight.Special Features:
- JeanineVIPDined on 10/23/2014Food was delicious as always! Our server was excellent-extremely personable and very attentive. A most enjoyable evening for all!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Food was good but our server was terrific. Very attentive, helpful and polite. We were not rushed and had a great dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor service.DB31Dined on 10/17/2014We went for the Huntington restaurant week. But the steak on online was not on the menu at the restaurant. My boyfriend ended up not ordering off the restaurant week menu, I should have done the same. First the waiter never told us the specials. My app looked like a mess of mozz and an unripe tomato on a plate, no dressing. My entrée (seafood risotto) was delicious, and my boyfriends steak was cooked perfectly. The table was cleared while he was still eating. Then my dessert was brought out, and he was not even shown a menu. We were never asked if we wanted more drinks (we did). Then the check was on our table before we finished dessert. We were out in a hour. Unfortunately the great food did not make up for the rushed/poor service.Special Features:
- ExperiencejustasplashDined on 10/8/2014The 8th was my husband and I 20 year anniversary and we immediately chose Macs for our special evening. It was an incredible experience from the martini at the bar to a fabulous dinner. We mentioned it was our anniversary when we booked it so the table that was held for us was excellent nice big romantic table. The entire staff is great from the minute we walked in until we left several hours later. We were not rushed they let us really enjoy our night it was just perfect. Wonderful atmosphere and delicious food.Special Features:
- Not the best!GreatDined on 10/4/2014Food was ok and the service was terrible, had to get up and go to the front desk due to the waiter never coming back after he served our meal.Special Features:
- Huge disappointmentRobinsueDined on 10/2/2014We were looking forward to our dinner at Macs It had gotten good reviews so we were expecting a great meal Well it went from bad to worse We waited a good 10 minutes before anyone came to our table While we were waiting, I moved the pepper mill to discover a big black stain hidden below My husband as a joke lifts up the salt and guess what A stain hidden below that as well Next my margarita comes after waiting a half hour -it has red lipstick all over the glass I sent it back Then dinner came We ordered a rib steak medium rare well it came raw My skirt steak still had membrane attached & not removed The waiter saw how badly everything was and he bought us cappuccino & dessert The cappuccino was cold The meal was terrible
- As Good as it GetsKnicku9Dined on 10/2/2014Really nicely decorated restaurant, the staff was on spot. The food was cooked just about perfect, steaks a little too raw/rare for Med Rare. The Lobster Quesadilla, was huge, nice for a share appetizer,. The Tuna Tartar, maybe too much ginger ground with the Tuna, would have preferred more simple on tuna, and use wasabi & ginger sides to flavor on my own, nice plating. Pear Salad very nice, as well as the wedge Salad. All nice size and well presented.The Veal Chop was Great looking, and great size. Pretty tender, but not milk fed. The risotto, supposed to be truffle risotto had NO truffle at all. The Rib Eye, was also nice size and cooked well. It's not cheap but for the portions, and atmosphere, it is what it is.Special Features:
- Almost Perfectc5028Dined on 10/2/2014Food and service were good. Minuses: * Sitting against a curtain with kitchen noises on the other side. * Being charged moire than the menu priceSpecial Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2014My boyfriend took me here for my birthday dinner. The service was impeccable. We were greeted by a friendly hostess who seated us immediately. Our waiter was Jim and he was so friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. We had a few questions about wine and the food and he was spot on with his answers and suggestions on what to try. The food was absolutely amazing. I would definitely suggest this restaurant and request for Jim to be your server. Thank you for a wonderful birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good, some not so goodeatwellDined on 9/29/2014The atmosphere was pleasant as was the staff. The appetizer was good but my dry aged steak was tough. The waiter never came back over to ask how things were.
- Will be backIrsmeyazDined on 9/29/2014From the time we walked in, the staff was attentive and friendly. The waiter was very knowledgable about the menu and gave great suggestions. The food was yummy as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the Weightkenny4kDined on 9/27/2014Place was packed, but table was ready exactly at the time of our reservation. Service was excellent, as was the food. We will definitely be going back!!!Special Features:
- SurprisedHuntingtonDinersDined on 9/27/2014Chris our server was great, portions were generous, timing of courses good, drinks were great. The prices were better than I expected and heard of. I would definitely return again.Special Features:
- Macs from ATOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/23/2014Very nice dinner and a great server, the food was very good and really enjoyed the restaurantSpecial Features:
- excellent dinnerozzymanVIPDined on 9/21/2014Food and service was excellent. We could not have asked for a better dinner. Steak was cooked as requested and the waiter was fantastic.Special Features:
- Excellent Choicec5028Dined on 9/21/2014Great foods............. had various salads follwed by delicious Osso Buco... recommended. Nice wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Macsjudge1VIPDined on 9/14/2014The service great. It really made the experience too. Food was real good as well. NO negatives here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placejanieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Used a groupon and had no restrictions on ordering. Food was incredibly prepared. Porterhouse pork chop---delicious. Jim, our waiter was a big help. Gave us specials with prices no less.. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and serviceEatemupVIPDined on 9/9/2014Our first time meal was very enjoyable.Our waiter named Jim provided friendly excellent service. The short-rib appetizer was delicious as well as the lobster bisque. My 28 ounce steak was cooked to perfection and was served on a hot plate. It was outstanding. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMSPSFDined on 9/9/2014Really enjoyed our meals - consistant quality throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mccmVIPDined on 9/6/2014Our first time dining here. Staff very friendly. Some aspects of decor could stand updating - carpet in a restaurant, yuck....outdoor cheap plastic tables. Calamari appetizer was more like calamari in soup, a bit tough too. Steak for two was good, not great. One cocktail was great while the margarita came in so much ice there was not much of a drink in it. We also thought the music genre was odd (rock) and sort of loud for the setting. Net net, an ok experience but we wouldnt rush back.
- very goodscottnVIPDined on 9/5/2014our table was ready when we arrived. our server was exceptionally friendly and full of personality. the food was good. nicely aged steaks, a nice lobster tail. salads were ok, really ordinary, and a bit over dressed. Sides were OK. nice desert list, and a nice wine list. I would say that Mac's is very good choice if you are looking for classic steakhouse fare.Special Features:
- Macs ReviewGrazerfamily7Dined on 8/30/2014I just want to say that my first experience at this establishment was a wonderful one. I will definitely come back and our waiter Jim was exceptional. The service was outstanding as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac's Steakhouseitsallgood2014Dined on 8/23/2014I enjoyed my experience at Mac's Steakhouse. The food was excellent and for a busy Saturday night, the staff was very attentive. The potatoes au gratin are a favorite of mine and they did not disappoint. I will be dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service both excellenthardtoimpressVIPDined on 8/17/2014Everything was great. We have been here several times befores and everyone thought this time restaurant was better then ever. We went on a Sunday night this time . Restaurant was less crowded then on Friday / Saturday night. Service was great. All the food was fresh and cooked to perfection. We had tuna tartar. Oysters, salad for apps. Mains included 2 lb. lobster which was moist and tender. Surf and turf excellent . Veal chop 1 of the best around. Really enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satisfiesbillfroDined on 8/16/2014If you haven't been to Mac's, you should go. The food is wonderful and the service is great.Special Features: