Mac’s on Main
909 S. Main St.
Grapevine, TX 76051Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Mac’s on Main
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://macsteak.com/
- Phone: 8174219463
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Mike McMahan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater all sizes and types of events and provide unique made-from-sratch menu items to fit the event. We can also provide clean-cut professional waiters and TABC certified bartenders.
A word from Mac’s on Main
Our name might sound casual, but our food and service are anything but. We are a true American Grill offering an eclectic menu of steaks, seafood & prime rib with a Southwestern/Cajun influence. Whether you are new customer or a long-time regular guest, Mac's looks forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mac’s on Main - Best Restaurants in Grapevine ›
Mac’s on Main reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (16)great for brunch (13)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (9)romantic (7)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Will miss itBuffetManDined on 8/24/2014Sorry to hear they are moving. Old location is much more convenient.Special Features:
- FantasticLonedinerDined on 8/22/2014Mac's we'll miss you! Thanks for the memories. Have a happy move to Grapevine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday brunchFrancotimeoDined on 8/17/2014Sunday brunch for 7 Eggs Benedict was standout (several varieties). sad lack of a steak omelet. Maybe they'll reconsider.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014We have always had great service and great food at this Macs location. We are disappointed to hear that they are moving up to Grapevine, but we will still try and join them there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime NightKrogmeisterDined on 8/9/2014Prime rib rivals Midwestern steakhouses and sides were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the spot!lonestarcornhuskerDined on 8/8/2014My daughter and I were in the area for a tennis tournament. We both had delicious bacon-wrapped filet mignon--cooked to perfection. Pre-dinner salad was served family style--which seemed unusual but I ended up really liking. Our waitress was top-notch---she seemed to have a sixth sense about what we wanted and did not want--just perfect. They had some live music--a guitarist--that was a bit too loud for my liking but was enjoyable. Sadly, he was essentially invisible---it would be nice if they could find a way to showcase the artist---he was off in a dark little nook--my daughter did not even realize the music was live. Food was good--salad, steak, potato--just what we wanted and done just right.Special Features:
- Monday night with great griendscoblia38Dined on 8/4/2014Two of us had the same thing, Trout Almondine, which wasn't very on this evening. There was quantity but not quality. The other two had different items and seemed to be fine with their selection. Since they are moving to Grapevine soon and it was a slow night they didn't have their A Team in the kitchen. My wife and I will give them another chance before we invite guests again.Special Features:
- Consistent QualityPoppaDVIPDined on 8/2/2014My family has enjoyed eating at Mac's Steak and Seafood in Colleyville for years. They consistently put out a quality product at a moderate price. I had the 12 oz. Top Sirloin, and it was very good. My companions had the Salmon Special and they were also pleased. We all had the bottomless salad and the wonderful warm bread.Special Features:
- Prime Rib A+++DFWFoodieDined on 7/25/2014The Prime Rib here is fantastic. I have been here twice now and had the Prime Rib both time, just to make sure the first time was not a fluke.Special Features:
- Great lunchSheriWDined on 7/10/2014We had the gumbo and all you can eat salad for lunch. Wow! It just doesn't get any better than that.Special Features:
- ParkersDined on 6/22/2014I've passed by this place hundreds of times and finally stopped. Wonderful place. Husbanc and I came for a pre-anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- Great experience!kevinbuck9Dined on 6/16/2014We visited Mac's after flying in to DFW - we were ready for a real meal! Mac's provided a great experience and wonderful service. The food was delicious as well! The steak was cooked perfectly, and I suggest grabbing a bite of the mac n cheese!
- Warm & FriendlyunionBOBDined on 6/15/2014It took longer to find a parking place than it did to be shown to a table. The service was excellent. We had a party of three and everyone had a good time and enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- Pricey food in a nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed our brunch at Mac's overall. The restaurant has tasty food and excellent service; however, the food is pricey. They had many Tex-Mex brunch selections which were not up to Tex-Mex restaurant quality. Also, the salad and fruit bar was lacking in selection. It is an overstatement to say "salad bar" when it had lettuce, tomatoes, blue cheese, onions and dressing as the only salad selections. The fruit selection was much better. Also, the menu included an option for "house salad and unlimited trips to the fruit bar." We read this to mean that the waiter would bring a house salad and then you would be able to frequent the fruit bar; however, what it meant merely was unlimited access to the sparse salad and fruit bar.Special Features:
- Staff and foodBubbieDined on 6/14/2014Friendly and attentive staff. Great selection of appetizers and entrees. We will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Great findMikeandDianaDined on 6/7/2014We had a very nice anniversary dinner. Our waitress Arden was absolutely fantastic. Very quiet. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and serviceSheriWDined on 6/6/2014We took some business associates to lunch. Everything was PERFECT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very enjoyablesuzieqDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I really like this restaurant. I have not lived out here very long and it reminds me of places that I frequented over the years in Dallas.Special Features:
- The following 358 reviews are from the Mac’s on Main reviews archive.
- PrimeGEMWDined on 5/13/2014This restaurant is a prime for food, drink, service and their prime rib! Cooked just as requested - finally found a place that listens to the customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good - But Get The Order RightTheCase2Dined on 5/10/2014Our experience and our food was very good for Mother's Day. The only problem we had was with a new server. Now, I'll cut him some slack, but when he didn't bring out my macaroni and cheese with the rest of my meal, I hope he learned a lesson about attentive service and how important that is to customers. The food was great all around, from the Cajun popcorn to the chicken-fried steak to the salmon. Mac's always has reliable food worth coming back for.Special Features:
- Great place for date nightKandLVIPDined on 5/2/2014Best filets you will find for under $30 - nice fish selection too. Their house salad is also a favorite and the service is unbeatable. They have a talented one man band playing twice a week that is fun and easy to talk over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...Love2dineoutDined on 5/2/2014Two hostess neither friendly, nice waiter but our food still came out cold, music was great! We eat there often and it's usually great. Anyone can have an off night. We'll give them another chance soon!Special Features:
- Macs121413Dined on 4/26/2014Always a great time here, great food,excellent sine fantastic service, just the best.Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014I've been going to Mac's for many years and remains a favorite of mine. A great date restaurant as well as family outings. Food is always good and a very nice atmosphere for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchSaturdaydinerVIPDined on 4/6/2014Mac's brunch menu is varied enough to satisfy most. The fruit and salad bar with the cinnamon rolls and nut bread is a nice extra. Our Eggs Benedict was delicious, served with breakfast potatoes. We are regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conistently GoodlojomyVIPDined on 4/6/2014We have been going to Mac's off and on for years. We can always count on a very good experience. The service is great and the food is consistently good. You always come away feeling good about being there. The restaurant offers a very attractive environment and a fine menu. Its good value for money and a pleasant place to have a comfortable meal with friends and family. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:
- Steaks TerribleRonTDined on 4/4/2014Steaks tasted like cooked on a flat pan. Not up to standard of a decent steakhouse or even a low end one. Would not recommend to anyone. Was our first time there. Will not be back. May explain why no problem getting reservation on Friday night.Special Features:
- AgainMsGLoveDined on 4/1/2014This is by far not my first time at MAC's. Once again, it was great, and I will return, of course. The food is delicious and the service is always goo-----this trip it was absolutely outstanding. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chicken Fried SteaktfoxDined on 3/22/2014I had been meaning to try Mac's for a while and am now sad that I had not gone sooner. I took my husband their for a birthday dinner. He had the prime rib. I had the Chicken Fried Steak and our friend had the salmon. Food was great all around. Good cocktails as well. I had the Ginger Martini. We had a great experience there. Will be visiting more often and will be telling friends about it as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac'sSaturdaydinerVIPDined on 3/7/2014The Scottish Salmon and Asparagus was delicious. Also loved the Basil Mashed Potatoes.Special Features:
- Menu food & prices high pointsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2014This was our first visit. The menu was pretty standard but with a few more choices than normal, especially in seafood. The food prices were very reasonable. I had prime rib that was just ok, not a great cut of meat, would prefer horseradish, not sauce. Wine choices were slim & a bit pricey for what was offered. Noise level was high but tolerable. Shrimp, crab cakes & gumbo were excellent. Food arrived very quickly & piping hot. Not our choice for a special occasion but a good Friday night place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchBreakfastFoodiesDined on 2/16/2014Mac's has always been great for weekend brunches. We always prefer the breakfast items and really like the salad bar. At some point, it would be good to see some variety on the salad bar, such as alternate vegetables, toppings and salad dressings. Other than that the food is always impeccable and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Food yes, wait staff so soScottBDined on 2/15/2014The food was excellent. The wait staff was friendly but did not know how to poor a bottle of wine and spilled it; they dripped food on friends jacket trying to put on the table. In my opinion it was a case of either poor training or just not using common sense and taking the time to make sure things didnt spill. Food was excellent and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and good service BUT...SomewhatDisappointedDined on 2/14/2014Went there for Valentine's Day as I recalled it being a nice place with good food. The steaks were excellent, the service was good considering that our waitress was covering 8 tables (far too many when all are being used), but the major drawback to the experience was the other clientele. If I am going to spend $50/person for a meal with a drink, I would like the other male patrons to at least be wearing long pants and/or without holes in them. Numerous customers were being seated in t-shirts and shorts or old tattered jeans on a Friday evening. I am sure that their significant other was impressed with how they thought enough of them to dress properly for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go to Macs ColleyvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014We go to Macs Colleyville for Valentines dinner every year for 8 yrs now. The food is excellent, the service is great. We have not tried brunch yet but have been told it is awesome. The only drawback we noticed last week was that when we were set in our booth, the seating was somewhat uncomfortable. You could feel the springs in the seat and felt like you were sinking. It was Valentines Day and packed so we were not complaining. Thank you once again for the wonderful meal and service.Special Features:
- Our waitress Pamela R. wasDaisyDined on 2/14/2014Our waitress Pamela R. was great! She was very professional and always checking with us to make sure all was right.Special Features:
- Steaks all around!PatrickDined on 2/9/2014Great steaks, great service, and a beautiful restaurant. What more is there to say other than the service was VERY attentive. I recommended this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodMarkDined on 2/8/2014Mac's is consistent. Food is always great and served fresh. I had the almond crusted trout and it was fresh and tasty. Delicious bread is also served prior to the meal.Special Features:
- Our go to place for date nightKandLVIPDined on 1/31/2014The filet and house salad at Mac's is superb, especially for the price. A few nights a week they have a talented musician playing live music. it's our favorite place to spend date night.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2014When we arrived the hostess would not acknowledge . Had to ask twice for the cocktail menu. wife had the prime rib and shrimp. decent built not perfect.it was a little on the thin side. Shrimp was over cooked and chewy. I had the "special filet served Oscar style". Cooked med rare came out correctly cooked with proper temp, but on the small side.my baked potato was larger then my steak. Here is the real issue. I am from the northwest.I know how crab meat is supposed to taste.This stuff smelled and tasted awful! When crab is frozen and old its oder is strong of fish. That's exactly how this was presented.they gave a good amount but I could not even eat it, I just scraped it off and ate the steak. for a $40 price I expected much more.