Mac's Steaks & Seafood Arlington
6077 W. Interstate 20
Arlington, TX 76016Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Mac's Steaks & Seafood Arlington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.macsteak.com/
- Phone: 8175720541
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: Brunch: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mike McMahan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater all sizes and types of events and provide unique made-from-sratch menu items to fit the event. We can also provide clean-cut professional waiters and TABC certified bartenders.
- Special Events: We can easily accommodate large parties up to 60 in size. You can also book the entire restaurant from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. Monday thru Saturday for a private brunch.
A word from Mac's Steaks & Seafood Arlington
Our name might sound casual, but our food and service are anything but. We are a true American Grill offering an eclectic menu of steaks, seafood & prime rib with a Southwestern/Cajun influence served professionally in a rich, classic motif. Whether, you are new to Mac’s or are one of our many long time regular guests, we look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Mac's Steaks & Seafood Arlington - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Mac's Steaks & Seafood Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)special occasion (16)great for brunch (11)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (9)romantic (5)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Always enjoy Mac's .OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Always enjoy Mac's. Staff is very friendly and attentive. Food is always very very good. Usually go for special occasions but not really overpriced so good for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BTCCDDRDined on 9/13/2014Prices were high for mediocre food. When paying over $30 for a filet I expect a prime cut of beef grilled correctly. One of our entrees was prepared well done instead of medium rare and had to be sent back. The 2 different fish entrees ordered looked and tasted the same. Do not plan to return.
- Birthday CelebrationBreezeDined on 9/8/2014We were celebrating my 60th birthday with family. Food, atmosphere and service were great as usual. We love to eat here at this location and generally always have a good experience. The only drawback for us is the noise level. Sometimes we cannot choose this restaurant for certain dinners because of the excessive noise level.Special Features:
- Surprisingly DisapointingPrimetimeVIPDined on 8/22/2014Three of the four of our party got the special crabmeat stuffed flounder. Bland and greasy. What a huge surprise. Not Mac's typical meal at all. We'll be back, certainly, but will stick with the tried and true fillet or crawfish e'touffee.Special Features:
- Food was sublime!VictoriaDined on 8/15/2014The food was great. Our steaks came out perfectly to order. We also ordered manhattans from the bar. It's always nice to find a great dinner place with a full service bar. Our server was knowledgeable, helpful, and polite. They also prepare a great gumbo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac's Remains ConsistentdinewellDined on 8/15/2014Mac's has been at the same SW Arlington location forever. The food and service are always good to excellent. The only drawback is the noise level,especially at a prime dinner hour when the restaurant is full. The tile floor and "tin"celing add to the ambiance,but also add to the noise level with nothing to absorb the sound.Late lunch is a much better experience.Special Features:
- M&KOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Great location; excellent food and service. Keep up the great workSpecial Features:
- love their salads!PottressVIPDined on 8/3/2014We jump at any chance to join friends at Mac's! The food is fabulous and consistently good. The wine list in great too. And how wonderful it is nowadays to find a restaurant where the TV's are confined to the bar area and not distracting diners!!!! Yay -- never change!!
- surprising findaftermovieDined on 7/21/2014a little pricy, but we were there on s mon, around 9 p, few people ; but they were coming in , atleast 4 couples and they closed at 10p. good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac's Steaksrhill4dallasDined on 7/11/2014Predictably OK...a safe bet for an OK experience. A little pricey considering you get OK in return. Not a restaurant you would drive more than 10-12 miles to get to; at least not a second time. Would we go back? Probably...only about 5 miles for me and Arlington is starving for a great steakhouse. Similar to a Steak & Ale (but not that nice); not sure how they out-survived S&A??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceBCbcDined on 7/7/2014Food was excellent as always, but it took us 40 minutes to get our beverages. The problem appears to be multifold. I'm not sure our server was aware that she was assigned to our table since individuals seated after us were greeted and served by her promptly. In addition, the beer list was out of date. When she went to get my husband's beer, the bar informed her that they no longer served that one delaying our drinks even further. This is not the service that I've experienced in the past, but this is my first visit in couple of years.Special Features:
- Fine dining!rrhodewDined on 7/3/2014All dishes are delicious and consistently good. Service is very attentive. Drinks are reasonably priced and good selection.Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/20/2014This was our first time at the restaurant and we will definately be returning! We enjoyed unique flavors and great service at this off the beaten path restaurant. The prices varied nicely on their menu and I would highly recommend the 7 cheese macarroni or the Filet Pepperinato!Special Features:
- Consistently good foodtexana73Dined on 6/15/2014Have been visiting Mac's in Arlington for many, many years now. The food is always good - they never skimp on the quality. The chicken fried steak and prime rib are among my menu favorites. The mini-cinnamon rolls they serve at Sunday brunch are hard to beat! It can get noisy at times, but that is part of the ambience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Small space, extremely noisey. Fit a lot of tables into the back area, other side of short wall, and the people sitting there are of the larger size making it uncomfortable for others.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedMikeDined on 6/14/2014We frequent Macs at both locations (Arlington on I-20 and Colleyville on 121). We have never been disappointed in either the food or the service. We typically order the Prime Rib but on occasion we have been known to order other items from the menu. Good place for good food and gathering to chat with friends or family. The bar serves well proportioned drinks and the kitchen delivers well seasoned flavors whether you select meat or fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Mac'sNurseTootsDined on 6/8/2014We save Mac's for special occasions, so that it doesn't become hum-drum like so many other restaurants we go to. The food is always good. My husband had the prime rib and grilled shrimp, which was cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 266 reviews are from the Mac's Steaks & Seafood Arlington reviews archive.
- Be Happy!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014An atmosphere filled with positive people. We enjoyed celebrating our anniversary with delicious entrees of orange roughy & grilled pork chops. Plan to sample through the menu. Excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodBeausGirlDined on 5/16/2014Been a Mac's guest for years. The food and service are always great. The chicken picatta and salad are my favorites. Last rime it felt a little too crowded because the woman at the next table was VERY loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Not OutstandingDFWBobDined on 5/16/2014A varied menu with repetitive choices of a seafood (fish). While good tasting, I doubt this is "fresh seafood" and is most likely previously frozen. The apple smoked bacon wrapped filet was a bit overdone but still pleasant tasting. It appeared to have a very young energetic wait staft. Their enthusiasm made up for their minor slips. Overall, as the title says, good but not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sweet potatoe fries!JoLaDined on 5/11/2014We were greeted by a welcoming young woman and seated promptly by another cheerful young woman. Our server, James was excellent. The salmon was so tender and perfect. The steaks were very tender and cooked just how my party ordered them. We went on Mother's Day so it was energetic. The menu, served before 2:30pm, was their typical Sunday brunch. The salad and fruit bar was very fresh and they had a variety of bread plus banana bread and cinnamon rolls. Our experience was very positive and we will go again. I enjoyed my Mother's Day celebration at Mac's Steak and Seafood.Special Features:
- We always enjoy the brunchBBKTADined on 5/11/2014The quality of the brunch menu items and the offerings on the included fruit & salad bar are consistently very good. Cinnamon rolls are excellent. We come for brunch regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Took my mom for early Mother's Day late lunch. Everyone was very freindly and the food was great. Also they were able to seat us before our reservation time, which was an extra bonus.Special Features:
- Best kept SecretSweetsDined on 4/26/2014Love this neighborhood gem. Always impeccable service. Excellent food and affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Easter ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Our reservation was for 1:30pm for four. Arrived @ 1:15pm and was seated quickly. Ordered and ate our meal in less than 45 min. Service was good and quick. Have always enjoyed coming to Mac's on numerous occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Macs121413Dined on 4/18/2014I went for filet oscar, did not have out of Bernaise sauce. Had to settle for something different.
- Family Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014We have been here in small family groups as well as engagement party setting. It has pleased everyone! Moderate prices allow tasting several dishes and appetizers of which the crab cakes stand out. We love the prime rib as well as wide variety of seafood dishes. The salmon was stellar the other night! Service always exceptional !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our FavoritesDebneDined on 3/1/2014We love going to Mac's. Always great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Mac's!NurseTootsDined on 2/15/2014The food and wine were perfect! It was the day after Valentine's Day, so it was very busy and loud. The tables seems rather close. My husband is a big guy and this made him uncomfortable. I'm sure that on a less busy day, we would have had a much better experience. However, I really enjoyed our meal and the dessert was fabulous! I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014We've been for lunch and loved it so my husband and I decided to go for our Valentine's dinner. It was great as always. The menu is small but has quality items for great prices.Special Features:
- Mac's - Very Good As UsualCatmantooDined on 2/14/2014We go to Mac's for special occasions and have never been disappointed. They have two locations, one in Colleyville and one in Arlington, both having the same menu's and quality of food. Our waitress at the Arlington location was excellent, but I do like the ambiance a little better at the Colleyville location. I highly recommend Mac's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentines experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Upon entering we noticed the decor. Old English wood paneling, very classy. Did not feel crowded, even with a valentines evening crowd. Servers were excellent and very professional. Food was AWESOME! I had a blackened red snapper that could not have been better if I had caught it myself. Wife's steak was superb. Prices where very affordable. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great for the price.PatrickDined on 2/14/2014We had reservations, were seated as soon as we arrived. Waiter told us the kitchen was behind and we told him we were not in a hurry. Ordered appetizer, waiter suggested we receive our salads ahead of the appetizer since they were behind. We received our salads and within a few minutes our appetizer. We did not want them at the same time. Entrée was filet (medium) with lump of crab meat and béarnaise sauce. The filet was cooked rare, told the waiter and was sent back. Received the filet now medium but the flavor was strange due the béarnaise sauce being seared onto the steak. The food was okay, just didn't enjoy the filet.Special Features:
- Busy EveningCupideveningDined on 2/14/2014We had a special dinner for Valentine's Day. The restaurant was reconfigured for more two-tops. Unfortunately the normal flow was disrupted. Passing through and around tables was difficult and we were on the edge and I got bumped by passers-by over and over again. Understandable but annoying. The food was very, very good and stellar wine selection. The waiter was attentive but clearly attempting to manage one or two tables more than usual. Solid experience for a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently gooddennisiDined on 2/14/2014Extensive menu, always good, reasonably priced. A good fallback for a restaurant choice.Special Features:
- I highly recommend Mac's BarGillDined on 2/14/2014I highly recommend Mac's Bar & Grill. The food is always great and so is the service. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not usually like thisNewportDined on 2/14/2014I normally enjoy this restaurant. However, they were way off their mark this visit. Forgot to order the appetizer, delivered the wrong main course. In order to accept this restaurant one must be accepting of a very loud atmosphere. It is always loud. There is no intimate atmosphere what so ever. The Sunday morning brunch is always good. Just bring ear plugs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Mac's!iluvsteakDined on 2/1/2014Mac's is a great casual dining restaurant with good food and great service. Opentable rocks! They have never taken reservations in the past so we were pleased to be seated immediately upon arriving despite a bar full of others waiting for a table! Once again, the service was outstanding and all four of us raved about the food, especially the steaks and salad. Mac's is very loud, which we enjoy, but I realize some people want things to be more intimate. We've been eating at Mac's for over 23 years and it never ceases to meet our desires for a great place to eat for $25 to $30 per person (without alcohol).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place good dinnerqualitypcVIPDined on 2/1/2014Enjoyed the food and the wait staff is excellent. The only issue we had was the noise is high and the tables are very tight together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac' is outstandingBlondeyDined on 1/29/2014Wonderful experience. Celebrated birthday -and will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.