Mac's Acadian Seafood Shack
104 E. Michigan Ave
Saline, MI 48176Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mac's Acadian Seafood Shack
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://macsinsaline.com/
- Phone: 7349446227x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Walter MacNeil
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room can accommodate up to 50 people in either sit-down dinner setting or casual cocktail/appetizer environment. Perfect for business sales dinners, pharmaceutical product meetings, wedding rehearsal dinners, baby showers, or any social events.
- Private Party Contact: Cindy MacNeil 7349446227x
A word from Mac's Acadian Seafood Shack
Casual upscale seafood restaurant with a Cajun flare. Raw bar accompanies restaurant seating. Steak and pasta dishes provide wonderful accompaniment to the seafood cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Mac's Acadian Seafood Shack - Best Restaurants in Saline ›
Mac's Acadian Seafood Shack reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (16)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (7)romantic (4)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- WildbillVIPDined on 8/28/2014My wife had Buffalo Shrimp and the Guspatcho and I had the Seafood Salad. Both our meals were great -- well prepared and just the right sized portions. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildbillVIPDined on 8/23/2014Dinner was great, service was great, food was great! My wife had her favorite pasta dish, Lobster and Shrimp fettachini, and I had the seared scallops. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Good for the areaHew06Dined on 8/20/2014We had high hopes that this would be a great restaurant find that we could use in lieu of having to drive into Ann Arbor to find an all around quality dining experiece. The food at Mac's was ok, but if you are from the coast and/or are use to high quality seafood you will be disappointed. Our server also put us off a bit with her chatter that just didnt seem sincere. The icing on the cake or I should say the whipped cream on the key lime pie tasted like Redi-whip. Really? Allegedly the key lime pie was made there at the restaurant, so why not real whipped cream? And then when the server came by she said "it tastes like real key lime pie doesnt it?"....huh?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Birthday DinnerHockeyGaryDined on 8/18/2014Excellent food and wonderful service made for a memorable experience.Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a really enjoyable dinner at Mac's. My wife had her favorite Lobster and Crab pasta dish and I had a perfectly prepared medium rare sirloin steak. Service was timely and well conducted. We'll be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014My first time at Mac's Acadian Seafood Shack and I loved it. Already have plans to go back for dinner in September.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildbillVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our dinners were great. I had the seafood pasta with summer veggies and the lemon sauce was perfect. My wife's lobster and shrimp pasta was also well done. Had a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dining experience at Mac's. She had her favorite Lobster and Shrimp pasta dish and I had their wonderful Seafood alas with Tuna, shrimp and Calamari. Wally came out and chatted with us for a while to update us on family events. A great dinner!Special Features:
- Outstanding DinnerDanODined on 7/19/2014I was looking for somewhere that I could entertain one of my clients who was traveling to Michigan for a mini vacation. Mac's was my first choice and it definitely did not disappoint. The food was excellent and so was the service. My client was very impressed!Special Features:
- Great serviceLissy321Dined on 7/18/2014Excellent soft shell crab, salmon, tuna, but the white fish was cooked in too much oil. Great vegetables from the spinach to the asparagus to the sweet potato fries. Outstanding key lime pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildbillVIPDined on 7/10/2014My wife had her usual Lobster and Shrimp pasta dish and I had the new Seafood Salad. It was fantastic with fried calamari, Tuna, and large shrimp. I loved the salad dressing. Thanks Mac's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildbillVIPDined on 7/6/2014We had a great dinner Sunday evening. My wife had the guspacho and Buffalo Shrimp and i had the new pasta special of seafood and summer veggies. Service was great.Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 6/28/2014Our dinner at Mac's was great. My wife had her favorite Lobster and Shrimp pasta dish and I had the sirloin steak that was perfectly prepared. The wait staff was perfect in her service. We'll be back.Special Features:
- ChelseaBaseballDined on 6/27/2014The smothered catfish was outstanding. The garlic mussel appetizer excellent as well. Really enjoyed the pre dinner salad. Beer was cold! We enjoyed our last minute experience at Mac's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildbillVIPDined on 6/21/2014We had a great dinner at Mac's. I had the Linguini Fisherman's Style and my wife had the Lobster and Shrimp pasta dinner. Both were perfect. The service was good. We'll be back.Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 6/14/2014Tammy did a great job providing our service. My wife had her favorite Lobster and Shrimp pasta and it was great. I had grilled Salmon with Vegetable Fried Rice which was also top drawer. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Dinner at MacsHungrymanDined on 6/12/2014Atmosphere and menu selections were good. House salad very good. Bread was not cooked enough. Blackened mahi mahi was over cooked. Wine prices very high, ie. $11 for a glass of Kendell Jackson Chardonay. Deserts were good.Special Features:
- MaryVIPDined on 6/7/2014Good comfortable restaurant for any occasion. We all had seafood of some sort. I had the shrimp and crawfish ettoffee and had to add some spice, them it was good. Swordfish and white fish was very good. Our service was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildbillVIPDined on 6/7/2014We had a great dinner Saturday evening. Meghan did a wonderful job taking care of us. The Lobster pasta dish my wife had was perfect with a wonderful sauce and my Michigan Chicken was the best ever. The wild rice was perfect. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great SpotBuschieDined on 6/1/2014We have been coming her since it opened and we still love it! 18 years!Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 6/1/2014We had dinner after church service and, as usual, we had a great time. The Lobster pasta dish was perfect with a lot of sauce and I had fried soft shell crabs that were perfect. The Red Beans and Rice are fantastic! Nicole did a super great job of service.Special Features:
- gratitude1954gratitudeVIPDined on 5/30/2014the white fish was excellent! perhaps some of the best I ever have eaten. while we had to wait a bit for the waitress to initially arrive (just a few moments) the manager provided drinks on the house, even though we never said a word and even indicated that we did not have to wait very long. thanks for the great food and the great service "attitude".Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 5/24/2014We had a great dinner at Mac's after evening church service. My wife had the fried soft shell crabs with red beans and rice. My dinner was the Fisherman's seafood pasta. Nicole's service was perfect. Thanks Mac's!Special Features:
- Great for seafoodDickFDined on 5/23/2014We have been going to Macs for over a decade because they prove over and over that this is a place to drive to if you want to casually relax and have a great meal. The staff is great, the food is great, the ambiance is casual - just a great restaurant nestled in the town of Saline, Michigan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but boringOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Pretty bland food. Also, when I tried to order the salmon, they said I could only order it with a gross maple glaze. Refused to serve it to me without the glaze. Really?
- Good food but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014We came here for a Mother's Day lunch. We were seated right away, and the waitress was attentive. The problem came with getting our food. It took almost and hour for the main courses to come to our table. I understand that it may have been busy, but it shouldn't have been any busier that a normal Friday night. It doesn't help that I saw the head chef strolling around the dining area while we are sitting, waiting for our food to arrive. I gave this restaurant a yes for recommendation because they do have very good food, but I'm I won't be making reservations here again for Mother's or Father's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildbillVIPDined on 5/10/2014We had a great time enjoying all the Saline high School Prom attendees dressed up in their finest. The food and service were also top drawer. My wife had the lobster pasta dish and I had the Michigan Chicken dinner . Nicole's service was perfect!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014We love Mac's......and the free birthday dinner and dessert is a great touch. We make it a tradition. Food is always great. Wait staff friendly.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Very nice selection food was reasonably priced great taste and quantity bread pudding was to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 333 reviews are from the Mac's Acadian Seafood Shack reviews archive.
- WildbillVIPDined on 5/4/2014My wife and I had a good dining experience on Sunday, May 4th. Not as good as in the past; the quality seems to slip a bit on Sundays for some reason. My wife's Chicken pasta meal was only warm when served and not as spicy as in the past. My Lobster salad was really good; especially the sherry vinegaritte dressing. Tammy's service was excellent! We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Guest1978Dined on 5/3/2014Jambalaya was a bit dry, only food complaint. Too light on the drink pours as seems to be common now. Good beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad timealexVIPDined on 5/2/2014Had 5 bad drinks delivered to our table bar tender was awful. Manager made our drinks and they were spot on but he was rude about the situation. Food was ok at best this place is overrated
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014We had to change our party size at the last minute (to add one more person) on a very busy evening, but we were accommodated right away. They have recently renovated and the new menu is nice, however I was extremely disappointed to see a large television screen in the dining room! This is not an inexpensive restaurant and I would not consider it casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildbillVIPDined on 4/29/2014My wife and I had a great light dinner with excellent service. My wife had the Buffalo shrimp and I had the Shrimp PoBoy sandwich. Great evening out!Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 4/19/2014As always, the service form Nicole was perfect and the food was outstanding. My wife had the shrimp and lobster pasta and I had a sirloin steak perfectly grilled to my desire. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our pasta dinners were reallyWildbillVIPDined on 4/12/2014Our pasta dinners were really great -- my wife had the Chicken with creole sauce and I had the linguini with Florida rock shrimp in a tomato sauce. Tammy did a great job as our wait staff. We will be back!Special Features:
- Nicole's service was perfect;WildbillVIPDined on 4/5/2014Nicole's service was perfect; she even ordered our drinks for us before we were seated! My wife had her favorite pasta dish with Cajun sauce and I had the Fisherman's Wharf linguini . A great dinner date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I had a greatWildbillVIPDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I had a great dinner experience Saturday after church services! She had her favorite pasta dish with lobster and shrimp and I had a great sirloin steak with a blue cheese sauce on top of the fillet. Nicole's service was outstanding. Thanks Mac's!Special Features:
- Consistently outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014We stop at Mac's whenever we are in the area and have never been disappointed. The food and service are excellent. We love all the seafood choices and Cajun touches. Any special that is offered is worth trying as the menu is very creative. This restaurant is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner has been deliciousYingDined on 3/24/2014Dinner has been delicious every time we have eaten there. From appetizers to entrees to desserts - all very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.