Mac's Acadian Seafood Shack
104 E. Michigan Ave
Saline, MI 48176Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mac's Acadian Seafood Shack
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://macsinsaline.com/
- Phone: (734) 944-6227
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Walter MacNeil
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room can accommodate up to 50 people in either sit-down dinner setting or casual cocktail/appetizer environment. Perfect for business sales dinners, pharmaceutical product meetings, wedding rehearsal dinners, baby showers, or any social events.
- Private Party Contact: Cindy MacNeil 7349446227x
A word from Mac's Acadian Seafood Shack
Casual upscale seafood restaurant with a Cajun flare. Raw bar accompanies restaurant seating. Steak and pasta dishes provide wonderful accompaniment to the seafood cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Mac's Acadian Seafood Shack - Best Restaurants in Saline ›
Mac's Acadian Seafood Shack reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (13)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- WildbillVIPDined on 11/25/2014My wife and I had a really nice dinner last Tuesday. She had her new favorite of butternut squash ravioli and I had the Caesar Salad with Grilled Salmon. Both were outstanding as was the service. Thanks Mac's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildbillVIPDined on 11/22/2014My wife and i had a grand dining experience last Saturday. She had the shrimp pasta special and I had the steak and shrimp special, Both were prepared to our desires and were really enjoyable. Nicole did a great job with her service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildbillVIPDined on 11/16/2014My wife and I had a really nice dining experience last Sunday. She had her new favorite, the butternut squash ravioli and I had the Michigan Chicken. Both were excellently prepared and Tammy did a wonderful job with her service. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildbillVIPDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our dinner last Saturday evening. She had their squash ravioli and I had the smothered Catfish -- both prepared to perfection. Tammy did a great job with our service.Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had a great dining experience at Mac's. My wife had the squash ravioli that was on special and I had the steak perfectly prepared to my choice. Nicole did a great job serving us.Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 10/19/2014My wife and I had an enjoyable dining experience last Sunday evening. She had the pasta dish with lobster and shrimp and I had the grilled salmon which was prepared to perfection. Tammy did a wonderful job with our service. We'll be back.Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had a really nice dining experience last Sunday after evening church service. Michael did a wonderful service job, attending to our every need. My wife had her favorite -- pasta with lobster and shrimp in a cream sauce. I had the 8 oz sirloin steak prepared to my desired medium rare. The blue cheese sauce was wonderful.
- Mac'dClaudeVIPDined on 10/8/2014Been to Mac's many times…..this was worst service ever. Obviously the waitress needs s lot of training.
- WildbillVIPDined on 10/5/2014We had a great diner experience Sunday evening at Mac's. My wife had her favorite pasta dish with Lobster and Shrimp and I had the Fisherman's Linguini dish. Nicole was perfect in her service.Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 10/2/2014My wife and I had a great dining experience at Mac's. She had a light dinner of Seafood Gumbo and Barbecue Shrimp and I had the bothered Catfish dinner. Both were excellent. Service was timely and well conducted.Special Features:
- Great date night1datenightperweekDined on 9/26/2014Didn't know I booked a place away from downtown AA, but was glad I did. The food was outstanding and the service was great. We didn't notice, but the manager came by to apologize for how slow things were moving as they we extremely busy and she have us a free round. That kind of service will keep us coming back. Steamed scallops were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UNDERWHELMING ANN ARBOR/SALINE NORMCozinha94133BiniDined on 9/26/2014My party of three met three tasteless offerings of fish flesh (two Georges Bank cod and a Michigan white fish). All three were properly cooked, but the cod came adorned with nothing more than a sprinkling of paprika which added not even a semblance of flavor. I asked for key lime or really any type of lime to replace the lemon -- coming right up said a young man who was not our waitperson. It never arrived. The bill, USD 100, with no alcoholic beverages makes the place pricey given the absence of quality. The noise level was sufficiently intense to make the voice of our neighbor across the table barely audible. The young woman serving as our waitress was a delight.
- WildbillVIPDined on 9/24/2014We came to celebrate my birthday and the evening as wonderful. My wife had he pasta with lobster and shrimp dinner sand I had the new version of the grilled scallops with peaches and sauce. This dish was really wonderful. Had a great time.Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner Saturday after church. I had the grilled jumbo shrimp and rice with veggies and my wife had her usual favorite pasta dish with lobster and shrimp. Mike's service was spot on!Special Features:
- WonderfulGoMacGoRainOrShineDined on 9/20/2014The waitstaff and managers were wonderful, had exactly what I wanted the food was great, well presented, the portions were perfect, they gave us an umbrella as a down pour had started. Super friendlySpecial Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 9/15/2014We had a great dinner and Tammy's service was perfect. My wife had her favorite pasta dish with shrimp and lobster in a white cream sauce and I had the grilled sirloin filet with blue cheese topping. Both were perfectly prepared. A great wedding anniversary celebration. Mac's gave us their signature Chocolate Mousse dessert as a treat to help us celebrate! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceBillDined on 9/12/2014I have always experienced great food and service at Macs.Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 9/5/2014We had a great dinner experience at Mac's. My wife had her favorite summer soup -- Gazpacho -- and the Buffalo Shrimp. I had one of Mac's great Burgers! Service was spot on and it was good to talk with both Cindy and Wally while we were there. We'll be back!Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 8/31/2014My wife had her favorite Lobster and Shrimp pasta dish with lots of sauce and i had a perfectly prepared Medium Rare Sirloin with a wonderful Blue Cheese topping. Tammy did a great job with service and it was great to catch up with Gus! We'll be back!Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 8/28/2014My wife had Buffalo Shrimp and the Guspatcho and I had the Seafood Salad. Both our meals were great -- well prepared and just the right sized portions. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildbillVIPDined on 8/23/2014Dinner was great, service was great, food was great! My wife had her favorite pasta dish, Lobster and Shrimp fettachini, and I had the seared scallops. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Good for the areaHew06Dined on 8/20/2014We had high hopes that this would be a great restaurant find that we could use in lieu of having to drive into Ann Arbor to find an all around quality dining experiece. The food at Mac's was ok, but if you are from the coast and/or are use to high quality seafood you will be disappointed. Our server also put us off a bit with her chatter that just didnt seem sincere. The icing on the cake or I should say the whipped cream on the key lime pie tasted like Redi-whip. Really? Allegedly the key lime pie was made there at the restaurant, so why not real whipped cream? And then when the server came by she said "it tastes like real key lime pie doesnt it?"....huh?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Birthday DinnerHockeyGaryDined on 8/18/2014Excellent food and wonderful service made for a memorable experience.Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a really enjoyable dinner at Mac's. My wife had her favorite Lobster and Crab pasta dish and I had a perfectly prepared medium rare sirloin steak. Service was timely and well conducted. We'll be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014My first time at Mac's Acadian Seafood Shack and I loved it. Already have plans to go back for dinner in September.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildbillVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our dinners were great. I had the seafood pasta with summer veggies and the lemon sauce was perfect. My wife's lobster and shrimp pasta was also well done. Had a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- The following 355 reviews are from the Mac's Acadian Seafood Shack reviews archive.
- WildbillVIPDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dining experience at Mac's. She had her favorite Lobster and Shrimp pasta dish and I had their wonderful Seafood alas with Tuna, shrimp and Calamari. Wally came out and chatted with us for a while to update us on family events. A great dinner!Special Features:
- Outstanding DinnerDanODined on 7/19/2014I was looking for somewhere that I could entertain one of my clients who was traveling to Michigan for a mini vacation. Mac's was my first choice and it definitely did not disappoint. The food was excellent and so was the service. My client was very impressed!Special Features:
- Great serviceLissy321Dined on 7/18/2014Excellent soft shell crab, salmon, tuna, but the white fish was cooked in too much oil. Great vegetables from the spinach to the asparagus to the sweet potato fries. Outstanding key lime pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac's Acadian is a gemKenJ629VIPDined on 7/15/2014My wife and I returned to Mac's after 5-6 years and found it to be as charming as ever. The food was terrific with both of us opting for crayfish & shrimp etoufee. Theu really know how to make that rouex here !! Decent wine list and service was not great but you can not go wrong with the cajun choices.Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 7/10/2014My wife had her usual Lobster and Shrimp pasta dish and I had the new Seafood Salad. It was fantastic with fried calamari, Tuna, and large shrimp. I loved the salad dressing. Thanks Mac's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildbillVIPDined on 7/6/2014We had a great dinner Sunday evening. My wife had the guspacho and Buffalo Shrimp and i had the new pasta special of seafood and summer veggies. Service was great.Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 6/28/2014Our dinner at Mac's was great. My wife had her favorite Lobster and Shrimp pasta dish and I had the sirloin steak that was perfectly prepared. The wait staff was perfect in her service. We'll be back.Special Features:
- ChelseaBaseballDined on 6/27/2014The smothered catfish was outstanding. The garlic mussel appetizer excellent as well. Really enjoyed the pre dinner salad. Beer was cold! We enjoyed our last minute experience at Mac's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildbillVIPDined on 6/21/2014We had a great dinner at Mac's. I had the Linguini Fisherman's Style and my wife had the Lobster and Shrimp pasta dinner. Both were perfect. The service was good. We'll be back.Special Features:
- WildbillVIPDined on 6/14/2014Tammy did a great job providing our service. My wife had her favorite Lobster and Shrimp pasta and it was great. I had grilled Salmon with Vegetable Fried Rice which was also top drawer. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Dinner at MacsHungrymanDined on 6/12/2014Atmosphere and menu selections were good. House salad very good. Bread was not cooked enough. Blackened mahi mahi was over cooked. Wine prices very high, ie. $11 for a glass of Kendell Jackson Chardonay. Deserts were good.Special Features:
- MaryVIPDined on 6/7/2014Good comfortable restaurant for any occasion. We all had seafood of some sort. I had the shrimp and crawfish ettoffee and had to add some spice, them it was good. Swordfish and white fish was very good. Our service was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildbillVIPDined on 6/7/2014We had a great dinner Saturday evening. Meghan did a wonderful job taking care of us. The Lobster pasta dish my wife had was perfect with a wonderful sauce and my Michigan Chicken was the best ever. The wild rice was perfect. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great SpotBuschieDined on 6/1/2014We have been coming her since it opened and we still love it! 18 years!Special Features: