4009 Hillsboro Road
Nashville, TN 37215Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mackesgreenhills.com/
- Phone: 6152923838
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:30pm; Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, French
- Executive Chef: Michael Czapleski
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Macke"s Event Team is planning beautiful events daily from Corporate Breakfast meetings and lunches, to board dinners in our private dining rooms. We have expert event planners for rehearsal dinners, weddings, bridal luncheons, showers and many more of life's celebrations. Allow us to plan and cater your event and you will be guaranteed a 'one stop shop' experience. We do everything from bridal bouquets to baking the cake. With over 10 years of catering experience MacK and Kates can plan a celebration not soon forgotten.
- Private Party Facilities: Macke's Private Dining Room seats 15 people.
Macke's Restaurant can seat 40 - 100 people in the main dining room and is available for buy outs any night of the week.
- Private Party Contact: Jill Brothers 6152923838
A word from Macke's
Macke"s Restaurant is the perfect place for all of your entertaining needs. Whether you are entertaining over a quite business casual lunch or looking for the best place for a date night, Macke's has something to offer everyone. Join us in our beautifully decorated upscale dining room or underneath the glass roof in our cool, crisp atrium area. Committed to consistently serving you the freshest and finest, Macke's takes pride in our farm to table ability. We support local farmers and growers and change our menus frequently to serve the seasons best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Macke's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Macke's is a good go-to placeHanasownerVIPDined on 6/25/2013Macke's is a good go-to place if you need a location for a business lunch in Green Hills. Have never had a problem getting a table, and you can easily have a conversation.Special Features:
- Excellent, consistantly excellent!!Rob4dinnerVIPDined on 6/14/2013The time and effort put into the food and presentaion really showSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elevator music has to stopOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2013Food was decent, but relied way too heavily on cream and cheese bases. I realize the location is in a mall, but that's no reason to blare out pop and elevator music in the dining room. Wait staff was great.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchJLR51Dined on 5/12/2013We were actually disappointed this year. We had a lovely time and a very good meal last year, but the service this year was not so great and basically, they just tried to serve too many people/parties on this special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Our food was great but the service was awful. We waited 30 minutes to receive our check, as did the table next to us that had small children. During that time, our plates weren't even cleared. When our table of 6 asked for refills on drinks, she took each glass away, one at a time, and brought it back. Whenever we asked for something, such as salt and pepper, she acted as if we were putting her out or asking for something special or unreasonable. She wore a rumpled shirt that looked like she had just gotten out of bed, not something you expect for the menu price. Our service at this restaurant has never been very friendly but at least we received service.
- Great spot for brunch!McnjeromeDined on 3/31/2013I always love coming here. The food is pricey, but it is always delicious. I took my family and fiance here for brunch after church on Easter. Our server was so great. This is my second time here, and the first time was just as great. I highly recommend this place to anyone. Their mimosas and bloody Mary's are wonderful. We made reservationsSpecial Features:
- Elegant and FlavorfulAthenaDined on 2/23/2013Macke's is a great place for lunch. It is an elegant and tasty way to treat your friends and family to a delightful time together. Whenever I want to celebrate a special occasion, I always think of Macke's first!Special Features:
- The staff were very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/11/2013The staff were very accommodating for our large group. The service was great, and we enjoyed the food very much.Special Features:
- Nice Lunch Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/1/2013Nice lunch spot if you want a local non-chain restaurant. Very good food and atmosphere. Quieter than most of the other area places, which makes for a relaxing and enjoyable meal. We plan to return more frequently! Just wish Macke's was open for weekend dinners!Special Features:
- Special Occasion LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2012A bunch of us took our great boss out for a luncheon, as we always do in October. I polled the 7 of us with various restaurant locations and Macke's won. Only one of us had ever been there and the rest of us heard it was great and wanted to try it. Everyone, without exception, enjoyed their food. Our server had that innate ability to know when to show up and when to let us just relax and enjoy our food. He made us feel like we were his only customers. Thanks for a great experience in helping make our boss feel special!Special Features:
- Macke's ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/7/2012A favorite place for brunch!! Great location, ambience and the food is marvelous. Service was prompt and attentive. LIke the addition of the television outside for Sunday football. Great bellinis as well!!!Special Features:
- Our food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/7/2012Our food was very good and service was excellent. It's always a nice lunch spot.Special Features:
- Just FairOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2012I booked Macke's purly at the suggestion of Open Table as I was traveling to a strange city to take a client to lunch. I kind of feel the rating on Open Table was too high. The food was OK and there was only one waiter covering several inside tables. There was other wait staff but what they were doing was not clear. In addition the street is listed incorrectly on Open Table and when mapped on my iPhone I was taken to a remote residential neighborhood several miles west of the exact location. This almost made us late and when I tryed calling Macke's just before 12:00 noon, I kept getting their voice mail... No one was maining the phone during open hours? I think they may have staffing issues
- The food was delicious, asOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/3/2012The food was delicious, as usual. I ordered a salad as it was lunchtime. I find it odd that they do not serve bread or crackers with salads, however. Even one or two pieces would be nice. Also, our server was only fair, which is unusual for Macke's. As we are a table of ladies, we expected separate checks (as we usually get). We apologized for not letting him know but we did not appreciate the "eye roll" we got when we asked him to do so after he gave us the check.Special Features:
- Had a small gathering forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2012Had a small gathering for Lunch for our daughter's birthday!!We sat there 2 hrs and enjoyed the meal and fellowship! No rushing us. We will return!!
- Always a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/5/2012Macke's was a great lunch choice for my group, as usual. The service is always excellent and the food is, too. I had the fish special - salmon with vegetable quiche and a small salad. Others in my group had their delicious mac and cheese with shrimp or chicken. I may splurge and order it next time. I've never had anything less than delicious at Macke's and our group will continue to go there for our monthly gathering. We linger over lunch and have never felt rushed by the waitstaff. My husband now wants to go after hearing about the food!Special Features:
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012Service was poor overall. Waiter had to be prompted to bring napkins, silverware, and bread plates. Waiter had to be reminded that we wanted to order a meal. Had to find the waiter to pay our bill. Food was expensive for small portions. Food itself was good but not great.
- My husband and I took ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012My husband and I took our mothers out for a pre-Mother's Day lunch and decided to take them to Macke's. Our server was fabulous, and the food was delicious! Thank you for making the occasion special for us!Special Features:
- Very good food. We ate insideOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012Very good food. We ate inside and it was very pleasant, with elegant decor. The "patio" looked more casual located in the atrium of the small mall. We were out of town visitors and had a hard time finding the restaurant. Excellent service.Special Features:
- As always, Macke's was a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/1/2012As always, Macke's was a great spot for lunch. I was with a group of five and we had requested seating in the atrium. It was quiet, so we were able to enjoy conversation, and the food was delicious. I had a crab cake sandwich and requested sautéed vegetables as a side. It was excellent. The others had the choice of 3 salad - a scoop of each, chicken, pasta, and fruit. They enjoyed theirs as well. I highly recommend the mac and cheese, especially the lobster mac and cheese. I notice that a half portion is available now. This is one of our favorite spots and we will be back for sure. One more thing... the service was very good. Our server was new and did a great job, especially considering that he had our area by himself.Special Features:
- Bad service, warm beer & cold food.RandyDined on 4/13/2012We were a party of eight. Restaurant was slow with only one table seated when we arrived. Service was extremely slow. Server missed writing down one appetizer. When the rest were delivered and the missing one mentioned they hurriedly ordered it. The white wine and one beer they carry were luke warm and sent back. The entree's had potential to be good but had sat in the kitchen until they were not hot before being served. Insult to injury was they charged us 20% gratuity for a large group but did not earn it. We won't be back. There are too many good restaurants with good servers to waste our time coming back here.
- We had a WONDERFUL EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2012We had a WONDERFUL Easter brunch at Macke's! The food was outstanding, the server was very nice and attentive and we were seated immediately. The only thing I didn't really like was that we were in the art gallery across from the restaurant, so the ambiance that I enjoy at Macke's was missing, plus we were in the room with a huge family group that had a lot of kids, so it was a little crazy in there. I know they had to use the extra space for overflow because of the holiday, so I wasn't put off by that. Would definitely go back and recommend to anyone looking for a brunch spot in Green Hills! Macke's is fabulous!Special Features:
- Not Kid-FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2012Open Table indicated the restaurant was "business casual". However, the mood was rather formal, resulting in some in our party being under dressed. Although the food was very good, it was rather expensive, since our party of 12 included 6 kids age 13 and under and no kids' menu was available. Nothing as kid-friendly as a hamburger was available. The $25 scollops dinner only included 3 scollops, though they were rather large. The filet mignon was excellent at $33. The bill for 6 adults and 6 kids with no alcahol consumed was $330. We were not adequately informed about the menu or the prices via the Open Table web site.Special Features:
- A Green Hills GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/3/2012I can't say enough good things about Macke's. The food is delicious, the service is excellent, and the ambiance is exceptional. I had a strawberry spinach salad for lunch that was so good and have also had their amazing lobster mac and cheese and salmon with sautéed spinach. I've never been disappointed. I want to try their fried chicken special of the day also. My only suggestion is that they serve some kind of bread along with salad or entree. The servers take good care of guests without hovering. I especially like being seated in the atrium. It's a special gem of a place and I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- A hidden gem in Green Hills.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/24/2012I didn’t make reservations until Saturday at noon and none of the places I had in mind were available for Saturday around 7:00 p.m. My date’s coworker had recommended Macke’s so we tried it. The atmosphere was very nice, the food very good and we were able to get a very nice table at our requested time of 6:45. The waiter was fairly new and a little nervous, but the service was good. We will be back!Special Features:
- A Perfect ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/14/2012I recently had lunch with a group and everything was perfect - the food, the ambiance, the service. I ordered the fish special - salmon. It was delicious (fresh and perfectly prepared) and the other table entrees were as well (fried chicken lunch and quiche of the day). Our server was great... attentive but didn't hover or rush us. He also made a point to tell us the gratuity had been added to the bill since we had a group of 6. Not all restaurants let you know and it leaves a bit of a bad impression when they do not. He deserved that and extra for the great service he provided. I'll certainly return and will recommend Macke's to friends. It's a gem. (Maybe next time I'll order the amazing lobster mac and cheese.)Special Features:
- I had changed the reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2012I had changed the reservation number to a larger party two days before the brunch, but the restaurant had not received the update and seated at a table that was too small and had to move us. We had a baby and an elderly person with us, so it was difficult to relocate, and the server acted like it was our fault. Also, the reservation noted it was a birthday celebration, and we told the waiter, but the waiter did not even bring dessert menus or say happy birthday.Special Features:
- The food selection was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/24/2012The food selection was very limited but all were delicious. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Rated quiet and that is whyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012Rated quiet and that is why we went there - you can hear yourselves talking.Special Features: