MacKenzie's Chop House
128 S.Tejon Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
MacKenzie's Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mackenzieschophouse.com/
- Phone: (719) 635-3536
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Pete Moreno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from MacKenzie's Chop House
We serve only the finest steaks, chops and seafood combined with innovative cuisine in an upscale, nostalgic environment. MacKenzie’s is perfect for a special occasion or casual gathering and features the finest service in the greater Colorado Springs area. Our cutting edge wine list, extensive martini menu and fine array of single malt scotches all add to the Chophouse tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
MacKenzie's Chop House - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
MacKenzie's Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)romantic (61)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (16)great for outdoor dining (14)great for lunch (14)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Hosted Our Group PerfectlyMaximillian00VIPDined on 11/24/2014We were here for an employee dinner and the staff did not disappoint. Service was exceptional and the food was outstanding. All steaks were cooked to perfection, the seafood dishes were excellent according to those who ordered them, and the martinis were amazing. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for pre-concert dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014We had an excellent waitress and very good food which combined for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your good friendsMac4MackDined on 11/10/2014I recently brought two friends who were new to MacKenzie's, both were completely delighted and I expect them to return. We enjoyed the prime rib special and a good bottle of wine next to the fireplace. I have never been disappointed with this great restaurant!Special Features:
- late2seatDined on 11/8/2014Great food and ambiance, but crowded. We had to wait 25 minutes later than our reservation (we arrived 15 minutes early). While waiting in the bar we were not served and after 25 minutes had to ask a server to take our drink order.Special Features:
- Slow service and very noisy.Pat2290Dined on 11/8/2014Had the same issue last time too. Prices are high. Servings are big tho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and accommodatingredheavenDined on 11/7/2014The staff was very accommodating for a gluten-free diner. They suggested items that could be easily tweaked and everything turned out delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10th anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014My wife and I spent our anniversary in manitou springs and decided to have our last meal in Colorado at MCH. Several locals recommended MCH and they were all correct. Great ambience. Outstanding food - cooked perfectly. And fantastic service. If you are looking for a nice place to eat near Colorado Springs, then MCH should be near the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great DinneruawolfVIPDined on 11/5/2014Great service, great food ... as always. Had the prime rib and it was perfect. My partner had the duck and it was also perfectly done. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticPbellDined on 11/4/2014My wife and I really enjoyed the ambiance and the great food. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimejeddingsDined on 11/2/2014First time at MacKenzies and was really good. Had heard so much about it so we went out for birthday dinner. Was really good food. Artichoke Dip Appetizer was amazing. Along with the lemon drop and ginger whiskey (?) martini's. Server at the end seemed to have disappeared for a while but no biggie. Food is for sure worth the money so be prepared to spend AND tip well people. That's why Id come for special occasions. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014We came to this place last year after we got married and it was great we returned this year for an even better experience it was so romantic and great thank you very much we will be returning for many more anniversarys to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionExpectTheBestDined on 10/30/2014Food was good- several flaws: 2 wedge salads ordered with bacon had no bacon, Striped Bass off the Fresh Menu which is the daily special not perfect - bass was fantastic however the sides were adequate spinach was too salty and the risotto was bland not sure if I was suppose to mix together. The Akaskan King Crab legs were cut but not served with a crab fork to allow removing the crab neatly nor were hand wiped included do both my son and I left the dining table with an urgent need to wash our hands. We were celebrating my husbands 50th birthday- only mention was the server staring we took off the cost of the dessert. Was my 11 and 15 year olds first fine dining experience overall underwhelming. Wait staff was inattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentYumYumVIPDined on 10/29/2014Good service - well prepared food in a very pleasant setting - what's not to like! A Colorado Springs institution with a well deserved great reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lucky13Dined on 10/27/2014Celebrated our wedding Anniversary. Liked the fact I could order flowers and have them at the table when we arrived. Still a little noisy, but didn't diminish the romance. Too busy looking at my wife to get in the way of the moment. I had seared scallop, my wife had the lamb. Presentation and preparation were spot on. Busing was very efficient. Our main server was a little intrusive, especially when he continued to want to smell the flower arrangement and was a little too casual trying to be friendly. His demeanor for a high end restaurant was a little misplaced. Would have fit in better at Old Chicago. We have always attempted to make dinner here an anniversary tradition and haven't been disappointed.Special Features:
- Cripple Creek GemHutchDined on 10/26/2014Smaller menu but some great items that are well worth the price. Prime rib is our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceImpressedDined on 10/25/2014Great food; wonderful presentation and even better service. Definitely did not leave hungry. All of our party ordered the prime rib and all of us loved it and went home with a large piece leftover.. and this was ordering the smaller cut. I will definitely be going back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealbestplacetodineinCOSPGSDined on 10/24/2014We dine here when in Colorado Springs and it is always one of our favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightdrygillsDined on 10/24/2014Great food! Wait staff had everything timed perfectly and the steaks were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak and oystersCutaboveDined on 10/24/2014The filet and the oysters Rockefeller were phenomenal. Certainly the best oysters Rockefeller in town and the filet was cooked perfectly and didn't have an ounce of fat. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite experienceKschamDined on 10/18/2014this was my second time here, and it was even better than I remembered! The service was friendly and prompt. The food and drinks were made to perfection. I think this will be our new go-to restaurant the next time we want a mouthwatering steak dinner. I also loved that there was so much to choose from on the menu, I'd love to try some of the seafood choices as well. The ambiance fit the time period of the restaurant itself, making for a very unique and memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experience was just okJewelfeastDined on 10/17/2014First time. It was my wife's birthday, her choice. Staff was friendly. We started with a great artichoke appetizer. My wife ordered a medium prime rib and I had a Bison steak. The Bison steak, ok, more well done than medium. My wife's steak was more rare. There was enough meat around the outer edge that was cooked to her liking so she picked from that. Unfortunately she offered me some of her steak knowing that I like a good prime cooked rare-medium but I found this steak tougher to chew than a good prime should be so we left 80% of the steak uneaten. Ended with a couple of great desserts. In retrospect , we spent over $200 for a special night out. We found a friendly staff and good appetizers and desserts. Main courses were disappointing.Special Features:
- Fantastic fooddateniteMamaDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I both thought our dishes were very very good food. I loved my seared scallops with chorizo hash and haricots verts. The only down side was the king crab leg I got extra - the crab was fine, but the butter dipping sauce was very tasteless. My husband loved his dry-aged steak. Definitely a great date night place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We had great service, food was good as well. We waited at bar and services were good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableBBQcodyDined on 10/16/2014Great experience due to great service, menu and meal. Would definitely go back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skipperbDined on 10/16/2014Very good meal, tasty and good portion sizes, but the service seemed rushed - we did not have time to enjoy a cocktail before the food started arriving. Also, there was paper covering the white linen tablecloths which made the setting seem cheap. The waitress was very helpful in removing it when we asked her to. Also the booth we were sitting in was very cramped.Special Features:
- Delicious prime ribFriendly2youDined on 10/16/2014The prime rib was very well prepared. The seating was comfortable and the service promptSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servicelindavebat47Dined on 10/15/2014The young lady who waited on us was outstanding. She was personable and professional. Great service to go along with a great lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stopultradanDined on 10/5/2014Visited twice - Halibut, Ribeye, Bison Hangar steak - all great. Good wine selection. The Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake is awesome! Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceSDH57Dined on 10/1/2014We went for our wedding anniversary dinner. Service was excellent, food was very good.Special Features:
- Great foodGoodeatsDined on 9/27/2014Food was delicious.... Service was ok... The best service was provided by someone who wasn't our waiter. The steak was the best I've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rockin' LobsterSteveSinAmarilloDined on 9/27/2014MacKenzie's is an excellent steak house, but we go for the seafood. Lobster is my wife's favorite dish. Unfortunately, you can't get it in regularly in our current home in Amarillo. So, whenever we are in CO Springs, we hit Mac's so she can do surf and turf and I can devour their amazing ciappino (sp?). Service is always attentive but unobtrusive. Atmosphere is a dark and romantic, but they also take amazing care of my 9-year-old-son. Win-win all the way around.Special Features:
- Best Steak in townsteakguyDined on 9/27/2014We were not disappointed in the steaks and the fabulous food. The giant heater next to our table, which wasn't turned on, was an eyesore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Was hoping to go out for a quiet romantic dinner with my husband. We were placed in a two person booth that happened to be in the middle of the servers walking space and right next to their paper tablecloth cutter, so there was none stop distractions. Disappointing.Special Features:
- great food and atmospherekaymammaDined on 9/25/2014We had a delicious and romantic dinner. Great service and fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tops in Colorado SpringsweknowqualityDined on 9/24/2014We started with cocktails in the bar, and the service and ambiance were great. We moved to the the dining room after about an hour, where we had just a fantastic feast, with superb food, very little noise, perfect lighting, great background music that didnt interfere with conversation, service that was always present without being overbearing - yes we had a fantastic time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet1Dined on 9/21/2014I went there with friends from abroad. The service was fine, the salads good. Friends wanted Bison hanger steak but after ordering,new were told it was not available. They had prime rib instead and it was good. I had a filet mignon - medium rare. It came pretty well done. The vegetables,carrots and broccoli, were awful - overlooked, probably warmed over, tasteless. All in all, a disappointment.Special Features:
- notsogoodDined on 9/18/2014Food wasn't great. Could tell wasn't fresh.had better steak at the outback.waiter kept disappearing.never did get 2nd drink I asked for.wont be backSpecial Features:
- TomcatTomcatDined on 9/16/2014We had an exceptional evening at MacKenzie's Chop House. There was a slight hiccup as we had trouble finding someone to take our wine order for dinner after it (dinner) arrived and we didn't receive our wine until we 2/3 the way through with our entrée, but management stopped by and offered us a dessert on the house and also gave us a "birthday" discount on our bill so we fell all was good. The food was delicious. We always enjoy MacKenzie's and will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out w/friendsNy1279Dined on 9/13/2014Great customer service,beautiful but a little over priced for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014For what we paid for dinner the quality of the food just wasn't there. Steaks were overcooked and just not as good as you would expect. I have had much better steaks for far less than what we paid at MacKenzies.Special Features: