MacKenzie's Chop House
128 S.Tejon Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
MacKenzie's Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mackenzieschophouse.com/
- Phone: 7196353536
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Pete Moreno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from MacKenzie's Chop House
We serve only the finest steaks, chops and seafood combined with innovative cuisine in an upscale, nostalgic environment. MacKenzie’s is perfect for a special occasion or casual gathering and features the finest service in the greater Colorado Springs area. Our cutting edge wine list, extensive martini menu and fine array of single malt scotches all add to the Chophouse tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
MacKenzie's Chop House - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
MacKenzie's Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)romantic (60)neighborhood gem (31)notable wine list (30)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (24)great for outdoor dining (23)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- TomcatTomcatDined on 9/16/2014We had an exceptional evening at MacKenzie's Chop House. There was a slight hiccup as we had trouble finding someone to take our wine order for dinner after it (dinner) arrived and we didn't receive our wine until we 2/3 the way through with our entrée, but management stopped by and offered us a dessert on the house and also gave us a "birthday" discount on our bill so we fell all was good. The food was delicious. We always enjoy MacKenzie's and will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out w/friendsNy1279Dined on 9/13/2014Great customer service,beautiful but a little over priced for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014For what we paid for dinner the quality of the food just wasn't there. Steaks were overcooked and just not as good as you would expect. I have had much better steaks for far less than what we paid at MacKenzies.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Food was good but not as good as the price suggests. At the price the food should melt in your mouth would not go back I can get food at that level at half the price.Special Features:
- hard to enjoy with how loud it wasunhappyDined on 9/12/2014Although the food was good there was a large group of people right next to us that was so obnoxious and loud it ruined the whole experience and we left early. I know this is not the fault of the restaurant but they could have moved us or asked the group to quiet down. Overall I would not go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, but could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014My girlfriend and I took a couple of friends, She and I got halibut, mine was a cajun style, hers was grilled, my friends got prime rib. Overall, the food was OK, but for $175, I expected a bit better. Her fish was very bland. The drinks and service were very good. We'll probably go back.Special Features:
- terriDined on 9/5/2014Great evening....excellent food and excellent service.Special Features:
- special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014It was my private wedding reception with 2 special people in my life (my mom &mom in law) only and it was the perfect place to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love guys place!JulysizlVIPDined on 8/29/2014Always a treat! Ambience is superb and the food is always amazing and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Tasty!YourekillingmeSmallsDined on 8/25/2014We were 1st timers at this chop house and the food was impressive (especially for Colorado Springs which is not noted for great restaurants). We both had the bone-in rib eye steaks and they were cooked to perfection. The sides of mashed potatoes and broccoli were of sufficient portions and done nicely as well. Good ambiance away from the bar. Was somewhat pricey (about $100 for 2 people and only 1 glass of wine) so It will just be a special occasion place for us.Special Features:
- Favorite Downtown SpottiredofcookingeatoutDined on 8/24/2014We like going to the chop house because it is a very nice atmosphere, the food is always good, the variety on the menu is excellent, the desserts are to die for, like the Old World atmosphere and feeling and can always depend on it when entertaining guestsSpecial Features:
- martmDined on 8/24/2014Our experience was not desirable. We found the food to be just okay for the price. The service was amazing. We had a great waitress. However, I don't think we will be returning for dinner.Special Features:
- Awesome surf & turf!Pandalover8Dined on 8/23/2014Their surf & turf is amazing! The size of that lobster was on point!!! Thanks Mackenzie's Chop House for providing great food, wine and service for my first family dinner get together in a very long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor bar servicepoorbarserviceDined on 8/22/2014while we were waiting for our table, we arrived 20 minutes early, we went to the bar to order a drink and waited 10 minutes at the table and no one came by to take our order, when they did come by we asked for a drink menu , it took her a long time to bring it to the table. by then our table was ready and we had really good service from our waitress and all of your staff. the food was really good as was the martinis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner dateRyanW0779Dined on 8/19/2014It was our first "night out" after having our new little one and dinner was amazing. I got the baseball sirloin and my wife got the scallops from the weekly specials menu. overall great dining experience!Special Features:
- A Special PlaceMac4MackDined on 8/15/2014We frequent MacKenzie's when we want great food at a reasonable price with good service. Highly recommended for Colorado Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!GodsgirlDined on 8/14/2014I always love MacKenzies! Always yummy and a great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationJeffDined on 8/13/2014Took my wife for her birthday. We had a great meal and excellent service. The prime rib and the ahi tuna were both outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok but not greatWillDined on 8/9/2014This was our second time eating here. The first time was about a year ago and it was great. The food was not as good this time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - crying babies!NoneDined on 8/8/2014We have been to MacKenzie's several times for dinner. Even with early reservations we always seem to get the worst table in the place. We were seated in a booth next to the air conditioning vent. We did complain to our wait staff about how cold it was and she states it was always cold in that booth due to the vent placement. There was no offer to move us and the restaurant was still pretty empty at that time. The booth was also next to a table with a large loud party and a crying baby. That is the second time we have been seated next to large parties and crying babies. Between the crying babies and freezing we don't know that we will be rushing back any time soon. Couldn't wait to get out of there, didn't even stay for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop House with ClassSimonDined on 8/7/2014Mackenzie's was recommended by Spring Hills Suites in CO Springs. We enjoyed Oysters Rockefeller ( chef special) as our starter. Frankly, they were so good we could of ordered more and just made a meal out of them. The oysters were followed by onion soup and a blue cheese wedge both of which were very good. Our dinner consisted of Airline chicken (chef special) and a Cowboy Ribeye. We had left overs. All segments were served with style. I recommend you ask for Kelly and Sara. Service was like clock work and my pet peeve - we had time to enjoy every course of our meal. We were never rushed. They both were well versed in all items on the menu and we followed Kelly's favorite recommendations. Service and atmosphere were top shelf.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Vegetables not cooked well. And not fresh. Meat not prepared to order. Mashed potatoes were good though. Too expensive for quality of food.
- Great seviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014Our service was wonderful, but the food was mediocre. My steak was way over cooked, but they made it right. My husbands lamb was undercooked. The vegetables were also under cooked, and we like crunchy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Food was ok. Nothing really outstanding. We had multiple servers. They were very quick but at one point we had two servers at the same time asking us if we needed anything. It was very noisy. Mostly due to other loud guests, not much could be done about that. However it made us anxious to eat our meal and leave.
- Not as happy with dining experienceSuzieQDined on 7/30/2014was our first time dining here - the calamari appetizer was the worst we've ever had - just salty breading. My prime rib had a lot of fat... Every one else's meal was great and the service was great... not sure I'd return tho
- gongygongyDined on 7/28/2014This is an old Colorado Springs standby. While trying to maintain it's ambience as a dark wood old boy's club it has become a bit worn and dated. Service was very attentive but not obtrusive. Food was good and well presented, but arrived stone cold. The plate was very cold to the touch and some of the sauce had begun to congeal. Good house winesSpecial Features:
- MacKenzie's Delivers Fine DinningChelsey725Dined on 7/28/2014I found that everything about MacKenzie's Chop House works. It was an absolute pleasure walking through the restaurant that was rightly designed to make you feel like you are a part of it all. The kitchen was bustling within a short view of the grand foyer entrance. The cozy 2 person tables are tucked back behind the group tables and after passing by the bar area. The food was cooked to perfection. I had Colorado Rack of Lamb that was succulent and not too seasoned to get more of the meat flavor you expect to taste when trying something local. The waiter and hostesses we interacted with had a super accommodating attitude that seemed very natural. They were upbeat and happy to serve us that day. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JerryDined on 7/27/2014Always good. The steaks are excellent. Great wine list. Service is exceptional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent overallGMoreDined on 7/25/2014Really outstanding food for all four in our group and the service was consistently on top of things without being the least bit disruptive to our conversations. Our dinner conversations lasted from 6:30-11pm when they began closing up. Very enjoyable time with great food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- not for special occasionsnotgoingbackDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. What I got was not worth it. We started with drinks of course. No fountain drinks were offered and my wife asked for a wine and they waitress offered a horrible option.. We ordered an appetizer which was a decent portion (for the price) and then we placed our main order. We didn't get but 3 minutes in before the main order arrived after the appetizer, in which I felt rushed to eat. Food to price comparison was awful. Might as well gone to a chain restaurant. Overall not a great experience. Last was the noise. I felt I was at a chain restaurant and couldn't enjoy a conversation. Overall it was not the best choice to celebrate.Special Features:
- Dont waste Your money!!!LolaDined on 7/19/2014I ordered The Basil poblano tortellini, it Was awful!!!! Full of oil,it wasnt good at all!! The best part of it is The wines And martini's choices!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerBoneDined on 7/15/2014As this was an anniversary dinner, I asked for MacK's to acknowledge it. The greeter at the door and our server did so and we were offered a complimentary dessert as well. Very nice touch. We had a monumental Porterhouse that was cooked perfectly. Well made cocktails. All that and no one wearing cut-offs / wife-beater undershirts / pajamas / hat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely romantic dining experienceoffthewalldinerfor2Dined on 7/12/2014We had never been here, more-less knew it was a place. My good friends that like nice places and go all the time recommended it to me, when I asked for a surprise place that was nice for my boyfriend. We loved the food, he had the bison steak and could not get over how amazing it was, he said it was the best steak he ever had, and that is from a man that is picky about how his steak should be. We absolutely loved the setting it was quiet everyone around even the waitstaff were content and peaceful and seemed very passionate about making it a great experience for us. I had four people notice my coffee was low, although I didn't need anymore, it was great to see that everyone notices that when their guests are in need, they are there for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rick 59Rick59Dined on 7/11/2014We ocasionally dine at MacKenzie's, we've allways found the food and service exceptional.Special Features:
- LawdogDined on 7/8/2014I have been to Mackenzie's Chop House about 30 times in the last fifteen years. The quality of the food and service has always been consistently excellent. It is not cheap, but it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Before ShowDbondoDined on 6/29/2014Mackenzie's is our go to place for a nice dinner before shows at the Pikes Peak Center which is just a half a block away. We had nice booth seating, a quiet atmosphere and good prime rib and seafood dinners. It's great for special occasions.Special Features:
- First DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014This was a great choice for a first date. However, a large group of men came in and were seated close to our table. The were loud and obnoxious and rude. It ruined the mood and the atmosphere and i cut our date short since we couldn't even speak to each other anymore because of the noise level. I know that is not something that the restaurant is responsible for but i feel the could have told them to quiet down or leave due to ruining other diners experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Happened?CharlieBDined on 6/27/2014My previous review for MacKenzie's was 5 stars across the board, but this lunch break was disappointing on the food front. My wife ordered the Friday special of fried shrimp and was basically satisfied, but my order of fish and chips was soaking in grease. The fish filets were great and the breading seemed to be better than most, but the grease just oozed out of it. A fried food fan I am, but this tested even my love of the oil. I'm sure they would have replaced it, as this restaurant really does try to satisfy customers, but we were running a bit late and didn't have time for a do-over. I'll probably try this dish again sometime, but will make sure I have time for a correction, if necessary.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulFoodsnobDined on 6/21/2014We were so disappointed in the food. The appetizer was drowned in a tasteless gravy. The French onion soup wasn't too bad. The bread was fresh and warm. Our steaks were awful. Not cooked well at all and the cuts did not seem like choice cuts. There was no seasoning on the asparagus and the rice tasted like it came from a box. With the reputation of the restaurant we really had high hopes.
- Special night outFunToEatDined on 6/20/2014This was our first time in Colorado Springs and we wanted to have a nice dinner... Read the reviews and decided on Mackenzie's. Very nice place... Old school charm and atmosphere... Great service... And a wide range of steaks and seafood to choose from. Wonderful evening... We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.