MacKenzie's Chop House
128 S.Tejon Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
MacKenzie's Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mackenzieschophouse.com/
- Phone: 7196353536
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Pete Moreno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from MacKenzie's Chop House
We serve only the finest steaks, chops and seafood combined with innovative cuisine in an upscale, nostalgic environment. MacKenzie’s is perfect for a special occasion or casual gathering and features the finest service in the greater Colorado Springs area. Our cutting edge wine list, extensive martini menu and fine array of single malt scotches all add to the Chophouse tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
MacKenzie's Chop House - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
MacKenzie's Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)romantic (57)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (25)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (22)great for outdoor dining (19)great for lunch (11)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Exquisite experienceKschamDined on 10/18/2014this was my second time here, and it was even better than I remembered! The service was friendly and prompt. The food and drinks were made to perfection. I think this will be our new go-to restaurant the next time we want a mouthwatering steak dinner. I also loved that there was so much to choose from on the menu, I'd love to try some of the seafood choices as well. The ambiance fit the time period of the restaurant itself, making for a very unique and memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experience was just okJewelfeastDined on 10/17/2014First time. It was my wife's birthday, her choice. Staff was friendly. We started with a great artichoke appetizer. My wife ordered a medium prime rib and I had a Bison steak. The Bison steak, ok, more well done than medium. My wife's steak was more rare. There was enough meat around the outer edge that was cooked to her liking so she picked from that. Unfortunately she offered me some of her steak knowing that I like a good prime cooked rare-medium but I found this steak tougher to chew than a good prime should be so we left 80% of the steak uneaten. Ended with a couple of great desserts. In retrospect , we spent over $200 for a special night out. We found a friendly staff and good appetizers and desserts. Main courses were disappointing.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014My husband and I both thought our dishes were very very good food. I loved my seared scallops with chorizo hash and haricots verts. The only down side was the king crab leg I got extra - the crab was fine, but the butter dipping sauce was very tasteless. My husband loved his dry-aged steak. Definitely a great date night place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableBBQcodyDined on 10/16/2014Great experience due to great service, menu and meal. Would definitely go back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skipperbDined on 10/16/2014Very good meal, tasty and good portion sizes, but the service seemed rushed - we did not have time to enjoy a cocktail before the food started arriving. Also, there was paper covering the white linen tablecloths which made the setting seem cheap. The waitress was very helpful in removing it when we asked her to. Also the booth we were sitting in was very cramped.Special Features:
- Delicious prime ribFriendly2youDined on 10/16/2014The prime rib was very well prepared. The seating was comfortable and the service promptSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servicelindavebat47Dined on 10/15/2014The young lady who waited on us was outstanding. She was personable and professional. Great service to go along with a great lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stopultradanDined on 10/5/2014Visited twice - Halibut, Ribeye, Bison Hangar steak - all great. Good wine selection. The Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake is awesome! Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceSDH57Dined on 10/1/2014We went for our wedding anniversary dinner. Service was excellent, food was very good.Special Features:
- Great foodGoodeatsDined on 9/27/2014Food was delicious.... Service was ok... The best service was provided by someone who wasn't our waiter. The steak was the best I've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rockin' LobsterSteveSinAmarilloDined on 9/27/2014MacKenzie's is an excellent steak house, but we go for the seafood. Lobster is my wife's favorite dish. Unfortunately, you can't get it in regularly in our current home in Amarillo. So, whenever we are in CO Springs, we hit Mac's so she can do surf and turf and I can devour their amazing ciappino (sp?). Service is always attentive but unobtrusive. Atmosphere is a dark and romantic, but they also take amazing care of my 9-year-old-son. Win-win all the way around.Special Features:
- Best Steak in townsteakguyDined on 9/27/2014We were not disappointed in the steaks and the fabulous food. The giant heater next to our table, which wasn't turned on, was an eyesore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Was hoping to go out for a quiet romantic dinner with my husband. We were placed in a two person booth that happened to be in the middle of the servers walking space and right next to their paper tablecloth cutter, so there was none stop distractions. Disappointing.Special Features:
- great food and atmospherekaymammaDined on 9/25/2014We had a delicious and romantic dinner. Great service and fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tops in Colorado SpringsweknowqualityDined on 9/24/2014We started with cocktails in the bar, and the service and ambiance were great. We moved to the the dining room after about an hour, where we had just a fantastic feast, with superb food, very little noise, perfect lighting, great background music that didnt interfere with conversation, service that was always present without being overbearing - yes we had a fantastic time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet1Dined on 9/21/2014I went there with friends from abroad. The service was fine, the salads good. Friends wanted Bison hanger steak but after ordering,new were told it was not available. They had prime rib instead and it was good. I had a filet mignon - medium rare. It came pretty well done. The vegetables,carrots and broccoli, were awful - overlooked, probably warmed over, tasteless. All in all, a disappointment.Special Features:
- notsogoodDined on 9/18/2014Food wasn't great. Could tell wasn't fresh.had better steak at the outback.waiter kept disappearing.never did get 2nd drink I asked for.wont be backSpecial Features:
- TomcatTomcatDined on 9/16/2014We had an exceptional evening at MacKenzie's Chop House. There was a slight hiccup as we had trouble finding someone to take our wine order for dinner after it (dinner) arrived and we didn't receive our wine until we 2/3 the way through with our entrée, but management stopped by and offered us a dessert on the house and also gave us a "birthday" discount on our bill so we fell all was good. The food was delicious. We always enjoy MacKenzie's and will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out w/friendsNy1279Dined on 9/13/2014Great customer service,beautiful but a little over priced for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014For what we paid for dinner the quality of the food just wasn't there. Steaks were overcooked and just not as good as you would expect. I have had much better steaks for far less than what we paid at MacKenzies.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Food was good but not as good as the price suggests. At the price the food should melt in your mouth would not go back I can get food at that level at half the price.Special Features:
- hard to enjoy with how loud it wasunhappyDined on 9/12/2014Although the food was good there was a large group of people right next to us that was so obnoxious and loud it ruined the whole experience and we left early. I know this is not the fault of the restaurant but they could have moved us or asked the group to quiet down. Overall I would not go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, but could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014My girlfriend and I took a couple of friends, She and I got halibut, mine was a cajun style, hers was grilled, my friends got prime rib. Overall, the food was OK, but for $175, I expected a bit better. Her fish was very bland. The drinks and service were very good. We'll probably go back.Special Features:
- terriDined on 9/5/2014Great evening....excellent food and excellent service.Special Features:
- special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014It was my private wedding reception with 2 special people in my life (my mom &mom in law) only and it was the perfect place to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love guys place!JulysizlVIPDined on 8/29/2014Always a treat! Ambience is superb and the food is always amazing and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Tasty!YourekillingmeSmallsDined on 8/25/2014We were 1st timers at this chop house and the food was impressive (especially for Colorado Springs which is not noted for great restaurants). We both had the bone-in rib eye steaks and they were cooked to perfection. The sides of mashed potatoes and broccoli were of sufficient portions and done nicely as well. Good ambiance away from the bar. Was somewhat pricey (about $100 for 2 people and only 1 glass of wine) so It will just be a special occasion place for us.Special Features:
- Favorite Downtown SpottiredofcookingeatoutDined on 8/24/2014We like going to the chop house because it is a very nice atmosphere, the food is always good, the variety on the menu is excellent, the desserts are to die for, like the Old World atmosphere and feeling and can always depend on it when entertaining guestsSpecial Features:
- martmDined on 8/24/2014Our experience was not desirable. We found the food to be just okay for the price. The service was amazing. We had a great waitress. However, I don't think we will be returning for dinner.Special Features:
- Awesome surf & turf!Pandalover8Dined on 8/23/2014Their surf & turf is amazing! The size of that lobster was on point!!! Thanks Mackenzie's Chop House for providing great food, wine and service for my first family dinner get together in a very long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor bar servicepoorbarserviceDined on 8/22/2014while we were waiting for our table, we arrived 20 minutes early, we went to the bar to order a drink and waited 10 minutes at the table and no one came by to take our order, when they did come by we asked for a drink menu , it took her a long time to bring it to the table. by then our table was ready and we had really good service from our waitress and all of your staff. the food was really good as was the martinis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner dateRyanW0779Dined on 8/19/2014It was our first "night out" after having our new little one and dinner was amazing. I got the baseball sirloin and my wife got the scallops from the weekly specials menu. overall great dining experience!Special Features:
- A Special PlaceMac4MackDined on 8/15/2014We frequent MacKenzie's when we want great food at a reasonable price with good service. Highly recommended for Colorado Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!GodsgirlDined on 8/14/2014I always love MacKenzies! Always yummy and a great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationJeffDined on 8/13/2014Took my wife for her birthday. We had a great meal and excellent service. The prime rib and the ahi tuna were both outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok but not greatWillDined on 8/9/2014This was our second time eating here. The first time was about a year ago and it was great. The food was not as good this time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - crying babies!NoneDined on 8/8/2014We have been to MacKenzie's several times for dinner. Even with early reservations we always seem to get the worst table in the place. We were seated in a booth next to the air conditioning vent. We did complain to our wait staff about how cold it was and she states it was always cold in that booth due to the vent placement. There was no offer to move us and the restaurant was still pretty empty at that time. The booth was also next to a table with a large loud party and a crying baby. That is the second time we have been seated next to large parties and crying babies. Between the crying babies and freezing we don't know that we will be rushing back any time soon. Couldn't wait to get out of there, didn't even stay for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop House with ClassSimonDined on 8/7/2014Mackenzie's was recommended by Spring Hills Suites in CO Springs. We enjoyed Oysters Rockefeller ( chef special) as our starter. Frankly, they were so good we could of ordered more and just made a meal out of them. The oysters were followed by onion soup and a blue cheese wedge both of which were very good. Our dinner consisted of Airline chicken (chef special) and a Cowboy Ribeye. We had left overs. All segments were served with style. I recommend you ask for Kelly and Sara. Service was like clock work and my pet peeve - we had time to enjoy every course of our meal. We were never rushed. They both were well versed in all items on the menu and we followed Kelly's favorite recommendations. Service and atmosphere were top shelf.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Vegetables not cooked well. And not fresh. Meat not prepared to order. Mashed potatoes were good though. Too expensive for quality of food.
- Great seviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014Our service was wonderful, but the food was mediocre. My steak was way over cooked, but they made it right. My husbands lamb was undercooked. The vegetables were also under cooked, and we like crunchy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.