Mack and Kates
3078 Maddux Way
Franklin, TN 37069Neighborhood:
Franklin / Brentwood
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Mack and Kates
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mackandkatescafe.com/
- Phone: 6155914104
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Caleb Philips
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Mack & Kate"s Event Team is planning beautiful events daily from Corporate Breakfast meetings and lunches, to board dinners in our private dining rooms. We have expert event planners for rehearsal dinners, weddings, bridal luncheons, showers and many more of life's celebrations. Allow us to plan and cater your event and you will be guaranteed a 'one stop shop' experience. We do everything from bridal bouquets to baking the cake. With over 10 years of catering experience MacK and Kates can plan a celebration not soon forgotten.
- Private Party Facilities: Mack & Kate's has two Private Dining Rooms, one that seats 8-10 and the other seats 12-27. Both rooms are great for entertaining for business or pleasure and are sure to impress your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jill Brothers 6152923838
A word from Mack and Kates
Sophisticated Southern and Gourmet Country are great ways to describe the cuisine at the charming Mack & Kate"s Cafe. Named after two sisters, MacKenzie and Kathleen, our family owned and operated establishment will make you feel right at home. Started in a small, sleepy town, Mack & Kate's humbled beginnings took place in a small service station. This charming little destination dining spot grew over eight years, resulting in the Strawn Family relocating Mack & Kates to Franklin, TN. We enjoy seeing our friends from our early days and our new friends here in Franklin. We use the freshest and finest when it comes to our ingredients and always support local farmers and growers. We pride our self in our accommodating and knowledgeable service team and the ability to consistently feed our customers what they are looking for; the freshest from the best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
Mack and Kates - Best Restaurants in Franklin / Brentwood ›
Mack and Kates reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (46)special occasion (33)romantic (27)great for brunch (24)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (9)good for groups (8)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Our go to local spotfoodandwineDined on 10/16/2014We enjoy the option of going to a local spot and know that the menu options are what we are looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinthropDined on 10/14/2014Food and Service was exceptional and the atmosphere and surroundings were perfect for a dinner out to catch up with friends!Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsJACRDined on 10/5/2014I wanted to like it more than I did. The biscuits, muffins, deviled eggs and steak were amazing. The shrimp and grits I did not like. The Derby Pie was SO good. The service was excellent. The ambiance made me want to only be there for a minute and the chairs are so uncomfortable. I might go back and try something else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014It was the perfect venue for a small group of friends to catch up. The service was attentive and the food divine. We really enjoyed ourselves!Special Features:
- Best brunch dish on the planetTravellerDined on 9/28/2014Southern Crab Stack - is worth the drive to Franklin. Gracious, welcoming atmosphere. Prompt service. And 'to die for' brunch menu. Loved every aspect of our Sunday brunch at Mack & Kate's - Franklin.Special Features:
- DelishSweetVirginia21Dined on 9/27/2014The food, service, consistency of Mack and Kates is why we love to dine there. The décor is very welcoming. The staff is very friendly, the remember regulars, what we like to order, it is what a restaurant should be. The food is fresh, hot, and has excellent flavor. They know what they are doing!Special Features:
- Fantastic Food!anonymousDined on 9/21/2014I had the southern crab stack (shrimp and grits with a crab cake on top) and it was phenomenal! The smoked bacon deviled eggs are a perfect appetizer. The restaurant decor is super cute and a great spot to get brunch with the girls or go on a date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service. great foodALmomDined on 9/19/2014We had theater tickets and told our waiter. She was very good at keeping us in schedule...even with dessert. Food was delicious. Not sure how to msrk noise level....it was quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We won't be back...FirstNYCVIPDined on 9/13/2014Our server Matt was a nice guy, but was SO buried with tables that our service & food suffered greatly. The fish special (ordered 2) were dried out from sitting under the heat lamp. The chutney had no sauce, it was a dried clump. Both pork chops dishes were dry & tough. After being assured that the "chops are so tender & juicy". The wait staff never changed out the utensils between courses. I took fresh utensils from a nearby table. Another oddity, our server made a big deal about the desserts within 5 minutes of delivering our dried out dinners. We hadn't even taken 2 bites of our meal!? We requested our placemats be removed at the end of the meal but the server said "we need to save the tablecloth". so did would not remove them. Really?!
- AwesomeCheriDined on 9/13/2014First dining experience at Mack & Katies and it ws awesome. Definitely will return Love how we could make reservations on line and walk in to be seatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Outstanding food. Had the pork chop and it was one of the better ones I've had in my life. Chef has done some private events I've attended and it's safe to say that the restaurant experience lived up to and even exceeded the stellar private dining experience. Service was some of the best we'v had in the Nashville area.Special Features:
- Always great!HungrymomVIPDined on 9/7/2014Love the modern southern food- always great in every way. Big fan ESP after church w my 17 yr old son. He orders fried chicken & I get the quiche of the day. Best fruit tea in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bahamamammaDined on 9/6/2014My daughter and her husband had the dinner after their wedding at your restaurant in your private dining room. The food was delicious, the service impeccable and the ambiance could not have been more perfect. I would encourage anyone that is having a small wedding and dinner to check out your facility. We had dinner there Saturday night and I still give you an A+ on everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WalterDined on 9/4/2014Very good service, good food, pleasant atmosphere. Very enjoyable lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place in FranklinBillNyethePieGuyDined on 8/30/2014Anytime we are in the area Mack and Kate's is always our restaurant of choice! My wife and I are always blown away and highly recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightDinerinTNDined on 8/30/2014On a spur of the moment date night, my wife and I booked a table here after driving past it weekly for a year! I can't believe we waited so long! Service was great and the food was excellent. Southern inspired cooking with an elegant charm! Shrimp and grits was perfect with large shrimp and andouille, while the lobster Mac and cheese did not disappoint! The decor was kind of shabby chic with an inventive and elegant homey feel. We will definitely be back! Oh, and on a rainy Saturday night there was a valet available so that was nice for a small parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed this place! Biscuits, deviled eggs, and crab cakes were a hit, as well as the steak and biscuits. We will definitely go again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mack & Kate's Celebrates!MsKakkiDined on 8/22/2014We treated our daughter & son in law to Mack & Kate's for dinner in celebration of their anniversary. Our table was by the front window, very comfortable & quiet. We couldn't have asked for a better server, very attentive & friendly, informative and mindful of our wanting to have conversation without much interruption. We all ordered something different so we could taste everything and each entree was delicious! We had salmon, shrimp & grits, meatloaf, & the pork chop. The entree was sizable, the sides were small. We had deviled eggs as an appetizer, and the server brought scrumptious biscuits as well. Desserts were creme brûlée & also Key Lime Pie, both were sampled by all and declared the perfect ending to a memorable meal. Bravo!Special Features:
- Hidden Brunch SpotAnnaDined on 8/16/2014We're always looking for new brunch places to try, and finally made it to Mack and Kate's. Herman was great, as other reviewers have stated. The only two things that weren't awesome were the too-sweet fruit tea and the fact that three different versions of "La Mer" played in 20 minutes. The last part was funny, rather than bothersome. I kept waiting for the Frank Sinatra version to be the fourth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our dinner!FoodieDined on 8/15/2014Simply delicious! My husband and I went to Mack & Kates for my birthday dinner and everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch delightBobkatsVIPDined on 8/10/2014Our party of six enjoyed brunch last Sunday. The soup of the day was Pineapple Gazpacho, which was delish. Entrees enjoyed were the Veggie Omelet, Crab Cake Benedict and Crab Stack. All were prepared perfectly. The Bloody Mary's were also exceptional. Our service from Herman was outstanding. Make reservations as the restaurant filled up by 11:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad...TonyDined on 8/8/2014Mack and Kates is not a bad place to eat. The 1st time we ate here was a great experience, this time not as great. With as many little places like this popping up all over Middle Tennessee, you have to be great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableCgreetingsVIPDined on 8/2/2014I have been here several times and never had a bad meal. The staff is always very friendly and talkative! Live it and will go back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner findjennDined on 7/31/2014I had eaten here for lunch previously and had a good experience, so decided to go again for dinner on my birthday, and it was great. The food was delicious-- avocado and crab salad was amazing. They brought a slice of cake with a candle for my birthday, which my kids loved. Although this is not a "kid place", it was kid-friendly, as the staff was very nice to my children (ages 3, 6).Special Features:
- Love this place!!!becsfavsDined on 7/25/2014Food is always amazing and the special sauces makes the dishes over the top delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is mediocreNawlinsgalDined on 7/25/2014I am a food critic and when we arrived, the ambiance and setting was so quaint. Reminds me of a farm house look you find in Europe. The waiter was absolutely charming. Being from New Orleans, I ordered the shrimp and grits and my husband, the meatloaf. The shrimp and grits were pre parted in this heavy, heavy cream sauce with tons of butter, which isn't a true shrimp and grits. I only ate half and didn't like the taste. My husband ordered the meatloaf and mashed potatoes. It was very bland and the mashed potatoes had a sour taste to them. These are the only two items we tried so I can't speak of the other items on the menu.
- Ehh.NashvegasVIPDined on 7/20/2014We went for brunch on Sunday. There were 10 flies that wouldn't leave us alone. The portions were small. The food was average and a bit overpriced. We probably won't go back.
- Great service and food!Lift615VIPDined on 7/13/2014Went for Sunday supper, they had an abbreviated menu, but it was still hard to decide! My scallops with peach sauce were perfect. Great service and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Brunch OfferingDK123Dined on 7/13/2014Mack and Kates is a nice place to enjoy a good brunch. They have a nice menu offering and the atmosphere is good as well. We have been a few times and the experience has been positive on each occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better lunch spot then dinnerKristinDined on 7/8/2014The food is overpriced for the quality at dinner. Lunch menu is better and more affordable. Also, it doesn't offer the good ambiance that other restaurants in the area have. Noise is an issues when they are busy.
- Nice ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014I was very impressed by the menu and the ambiance of Mike and Kate's. Nice little place that I'd like to try again. Our server was very friendly as well.Special Features:
- Great food...Talex30Dined on 6/29/2014We had a good evening and the food was very good. We went on a Sunday which was probably a mistake. There were only two people working the floor...they were very nice and professional, but you could tell the details were lacking. The lights were on full power which seemed almost like it was closing time rather than warm and inviting. There was a noticeable lack of music as well. Once sat, they finally started music which is surprising Lu helpful when you have only three to four tables sat. The food and service were very good. We imagine a Friday or Saturday evening would have been a much better expeiriance....we will try it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time...MikeyDined on 6/28/2014Went to Mack & Kate's for a Saturday night dinner with another couple. We arrived a little early and were given the option to be seated or go have a drink at the bar. We chose the bar. After our cocktails, we were seated at our table. If there was a negative, it did take our waiter, Wayne, a little more time than I would have expected to show up to our table. He apologized and all was well. After that he did a great job and had a lot of fun with us. We had the Shrimp Boom (large prawns wrapped in bacon) for an appetizer which were outstanding! I had the Caesar which I had heard was a letdown, but I loved it. For entrees we had Pasta YaYa, Salmon and Lobster Mac & Cheese. Everyone was happy. Check out Mack & Kate's. I think you'll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all it was cracked up to beDis5nowDined on 6/24/2014The server knew nothing about the menu. He didn't even know what was on the menu
- The following 320 reviews are from the Mack and Kates reviews archive.
- Already wanting to go back!TcozDined on 6/21/2014Went on a Saturday night on a same day reservation and was very pleased. We were somewhat early for a Saturday night. We say down at 6pm and the restaurant was basically empty. It filled up by 7. We ordered drinks,salads,the house salad was tasty, but pricy for a salad. My husband got the Caesar salad which I would not recommend. It didn't have much flavor. For dinner we got the scallops, which were AMAZING! And I got the beef sandwiches. They were ok. A little dry, but still tasty. The truffle fries were delish! For dessert we got the key lime pie and a cappuccino. My husband loved the pie. Overall the experience was great and we want to go back just for the scallops. Note all of the menus found online are all old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!KelchandVIPDined on 6/15/2014Awesome! We hAd brunch on Father's Day. The people were friendly and the food was great!!! The atmosphere was so cuteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Be Disappointedlive2dineDined on 6/14/2014We go to Mack and Kate's on a regular basis. It's always our go to restaurant when we have out of town guests. The salads, appetizers, entrees and desserts have been enjoyed by everyone we've taken there. It's a small place, so it gets a little noisy at times and the tables are very close together, but the overall dining experience is well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceCowboyVIPDined on 6/13/2014Great place to dine, 5 of us from out of town dined here and everyone loved it! Great southern twist on excellent menu. Everything was great!Special Features:
- Server was snootyMinnieMJDined on 6/11/2014My party enjoyed the food immensely; however our server (a tall, olive complexion, dark haired body-builder type) who's name was never offered, was terribly snooty. To not give your name is off-putting, and when two of us split an entrée and appetizer each, and after asking that the bills be individual, he brought the whole bill and confused everything by taking my money, giving me back wrong change, and not offering to split the bill, and it was very awkward and uncomfortable. He then asked (with an attitude) if we needed a calculator!Special Features:
- An excellent eveningJgalliDined on 6/8/2014I chose this spot based on previous reviews for an anniversary dinner as we were looking for something new and fresh that was local and unique. And Mack and Kates fit that bill precisely. Herman, our waiter, was excellent from beginning to end. Was attentive and helpful without being overbearing. Was always smiling and eager to meet our wishes. The restaurant was decorated with antique looking knickknaks and the tables and chairs were very unique. The menu was a handful of daily selections that were all made in house from appetizer to dessert. All was excellent from beginning to end. Couldn't recommend you check this place out any more!Special Features: