Mack and Kates
3078 Maddux Way
Franklin, TN 37069Neighborhood:
Franklin / Brentwood
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Mack and Kates
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mackandkatescafe.com/
- Phone: (615) 591-4104
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Caleb Philips
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Mack & Kate"s Event Team is planning beautiful events daily from Corporate Breakfast meetings and lunches, to board dinners in our private dining rooms. We have expert event planners for rehearsal dinners, weddings, bridal luncheons, showers and many more of life's celebrations. Allow us to plan and cater your event and you will be guaranteed a 'one stop shop' experience. We do everything from bridal bouquets to baking the cake. With over 10 years of catering experience MacK and Kates can plan a celebration not soon forgotten.
- Private Party Facilities: Mack & Kate's has two Private Dining Rooms, one that seats 8-10 and the other seats 12-27. Both rooms are great for entertaining for business or pleasure and are sure to impress your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jill Brothers 6152923838
A word from Mack and Kates
Sophisticated Southern and Gourmet Country are great ways to describe the cuisine at the charming Mack & Kate"s Cafe. Named after two sisters, MacKenzie and Kathleen, our family owned and operated establishment will make you feel right at home. Started in a small, sleepy town, Mack & Kate's humbled beginnings took place in a small service station. This charming little destination dining spot grew over eight years, resulting in the Strawn Family relocating Mack & Kates to Franklin, TN. We enjoy seeing our friends from our early days and our new friends here in Franklin. We use the freshest and finest when it comes to our ingredients and always support local farmers and growers. We pride our self in our accommodating and knowledgeable service team and the ability to consistently feed our customers what they are looking for; the freshest from the best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
Mack and Kates - Best Restaurants in Franklin / Brentwood ›
Mack and Kates reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (53)special occasion (41)romantic (33)great for brunch (28)great for lunch (20)good for groups (14)notable wine list (13)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great Brunch!TNGnashvilleVIPDined on 11/9/2014The french toast was amazing and not to mention it comes with cinnamon whipped cream!Also make sure you get a blood orange mimosa! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/2/2014It was the best shrimp and grits and fried tomatoes! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunch with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014We had a great brunch and a great time for Sunday Brunch. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good, Not FabulousSongsphereDined on 11/1/2014If you're looking for a higher end, non-chain restaurant between Brentwood and Franklin, look no further than Mack & Kate's. Actually, Mack & Kate's might be your only choice in the area. We chose Mack & Kate's for this meal because we were trying to meet friends somewhere between Franklin and Nashville, for convenience. We had a nice experience at Mack & Kate's and have no complains at all with the food or service. Very tasteful menu selections. However, with Nashville now becoming such a foodie city with lots of fantastic choices, next time we would probably go for something else unless we needed to be in that location.
- Food was just OK & not worth price.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014You could not even taste the crab that was suppose to be in the shrimp appetizers. The shrimp & grits was rather bland with not much flavor. Also, the portions were also very small for anyone very hungry. Good strategy you the buy a desert which also is not recommended.
- ExcellentFoodloverDined on 10/31/2014We have eaten at M&K's many times for lunch with excellent results. This time had the opportunity to go to dinner with my wife and dinner was fantastic! Herman provided us excellent service and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Ownership cares about food&serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014Consistant quality in every category. And in our neighborhood...icing on the cake. (Actually pie, which is outstanding).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.JustUsDined on 10/28/2014The food is always excellent. We were seated at a lovely table by the window. However, it was also next to the desk where the reservation computer and host/hostess were based. I felt like they were so close we should have invited him to eat with us; it took away from the character and ambiance of the restuarant and certainly felt awkward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mack & KatesCPB1Dined on 10/25/2014Food was terrific! Music noise level was way too high! Stevie Ray Vaughn is one of my favorite artists, however, I do not want to hear his music blasting while I am trying to have a leisurely and wonderful meal. Waiter was not well trained or seemed to have little common sense. Salad was brought before the appetizer, appetizer was brought a few minutes after the salad creating a very crowded table and felt like being pressured to eat and get out.Special Features:
- Mdt816Dined on 10/24/2014Great food an service! Always one of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outJmorrDined on 10/18/2014Lovely environment and delicious food! Very accomodating staff and I recommend the Alpine cocktail.Special Features:
- Wanted it to be BetterMomaVDined on 10/18/2014I picked this place based on reviews. They have complimentary valet which is a nice plus. We were a few minutes early and our table was ready! Our waiter - Jay - was attentive but I felt sorry for him because all night long the waiters were having to juggle for positions in between tables. Wine we chose was a bit pricey. Appetizer was bacon wrapped shrimp - which was very good - but it was 3 shrimp for $13. I chose the chef special which to me is always the way to go. It was encrusted snapper which was rather flavorless. I would try this again but I do get the feeling this a place frequented by the locals in the area.Special Features:
- Worth the driveThankfulDined on 10/18/2014Excellent service, great ambiance and food. Visiting from out of town, worth the short drive from Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!WaccamawAtlDined on 10/18/2014Sat at the bar, great service, great food! I'll definitely be back the next time I'm in the Nashville area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to local spotfoodandwineDined on 10/16/2014We enjoy the option of going to a local spot and know that the menu options are what we are looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinthropDined on 10/14/2014Food and Service was exceptional and the atmosphere and surroundings were perfect for a dinner out to catch up with friends!Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsJACRDined on 10/5/2014I wanted to like it more than I did. The biscuits, muffins, deviled eggs and steak were amazing. The shrimp and grits I did not like. The Derby Pie was SO good. The service was excellent. The ambiance made me want to only be there for a minute and the chairs are so uncomfortable. I might go back and try something else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014It was the perfect venue for a small group of friends to catch up. The service was attentive and the food divine. We really enjoyed ourselves!Special Features:
- Best brunch dish on the planetTravellerDined on 9/28/2014Southern Crab Stack - is worth the drive to Franklin. Gracious, welcoming atmosphere. Prompt service. And 'to die for' brunch menu. Loved every aspect of our Sunday brunch at Mack & Kate's - Franklin.Special Features:
- DelishSweetVirginia21Dined on 9/27/2014The food, service, consistency of Mack and Kates is why we love to dine there. The décor is very welcoming. The staff is very friendly, the remember regulars, what we like to order, it is what a restaurant should be. The food is fresh, hot, and has excellent flavor. They know what they are doing!Special Features:
- Fantastic Food!anonymousDined on 9/21/2014I had the southern crab stack (shrimp and grits with a crab cake on top) and it was phenomenal! The smoked bacon deviled eggs are a perfect appetizer. The restaurant decor is super cute and a great spot to get brunch with the girls or go on a date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service. great foodALmomDined on 9/19/2014We had theater tickets and told our waiter. She was very good at keeping us in schedule...even with dessert. Food was delicious. Not sure how to msrk noise level....it was quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We won't be back...FirstNYCVIPDined on 9/13/2014Our server Matt was a nice guy, but was SO buried with tables that our service & food suffered greatly. The fish special (ordered 2) were dried out from sitting under the heat lamp. The chutney had no sauce, it was a dried clump. Both pork chops dishes were dry & tough. After being assured that the "chops are so tender & juicy". The wait staff never changed out the utensils between courses. I took fresh utensils from a nearby table. Another oddity, our server made a big deal about the desserts within 5 minutes of delivering our dried out dinners. We hadn't even taken 2 bites of our meal!? We requested our placemats be removed at the end of the meal but the server said "we need to save the tablecloth". so did would not remove them. Really?!
- AwesomeCheriDined on 9/13/2014First dining experience at Mack & Katies and it ws awesome. Definitely will return Love how we could make reservations on line and walk in to be seatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Outstanding food. Had the pork chop and it was one of the better ones I've had in my life. Chef has done some private events I've attended and it's safe to say that the restaurant experience lived up to and even exceeded the stellar private dining experience. Service was some of the best we'v had in the Nashville area.Special Features:
- Always great!HungrymomVIPDined on 9/7/2014Love the modern southern food- always great in every way. Big fan ESP after church w my 17 yr old son. He orders fried chicken & I get the quiche of the day. Best fruit tea in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bahamamammaDined on 9/6/2014My daughter and her husband had the dinner after their wedding at your restaurant in your private dining room. The food was delicious, the service impeccable and the ambiance could not have been more perfect. I would encourage anyone that is having a small wedding and dinner to check out your facility. We had dinner there Saturday night and I still give you an A+ on everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WalterDined on 9/4/2014Very good service, good food, pleasant atmosphere. Very enjoyable lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place in FranklinBillNyethePieGuyDined on 8/30/2014Anytime we are in the area Mack and Kate's is always our restaurant of choice! My wife and I are always blown away and highly recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightDinerinTNDined on 8/30/2014On a spur of the moment date night, my wife and I booked a table here after driving past it weekly for a year! I can't believe we waited so long! Service was great and the food was excellent. Southern inspired cooking with an elegant charm! Shrimp and grits was perfect with large shrimp and andouille, while the lobster Mac and cheese did not disappoint! The decor was kind of shabby chic with an inventive and elegant homey feel. We will definitely be back! Oh, and on a rainy Saturday night there was a valet available so that was nice for a small parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed this place! Biscuits, deviled eggs, and crab cakes were a hit, as well as the steak and biscuits. We will definitely go again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mack & Kate's Celebrates!MsKakkiDined on 8/22/2014We treated our daughter & son in law to Mack & Kate's for dinner in celebration of their anniversary. Our table was by the front window, very comfortable & quiet. We couldn't have asked for a better server, very attentive & friendly, informative and mindful of our wanting to have conversation without much interruption. We all ordered something different so we could taste everything and each entree was delicious! We had salmon, shrimp & grits, meatloaf, & the pork chop. The entree was sizable, the sides were small. We had deviled eggs as an appetizer, and the server brought scrumptious biscuits as well. Desserts were creme brûlée & also Key Lime Pie, both were sampled by all and declared the perfect ending to a memorable meal. Bravo!Special Features:
- Hidden Brunch SpotAnnaDined on 8/16/2014We're always looking for new brunch places to try, and finally made it to Mack and Kate's. Herman was great, as other reviewers have stated. The only two things that weren't awesome were the too-sweet fruit tea and the fact that three different versions of "La Mer" played in 20 minutes. The last part was funny, rather than bothersome. I kept waiting for the Frank Sinatra version to be the fourth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our dinner!FoodieDined on 8/15/2014Simply delicious! My husband and I went to Mack & Kates for my birthday dinner and everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch delightBobkatsVIPDined on 8/10/2014Our party of six enjoyed brunch last Sunday. The soup of the day was Pineapple Gazpacho, which was delish. Entrees enjoyed were the Veggie Omelet, Crab Cake Benedict and Crab Stack. All were prepared perfectly. The Bloody Mary's were also exceptional. Our service from Herman was outstanding. Make reservations as the restaurant filled up by 11:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad...TonyDined on 8/8/2014Mack and Kates is not a bad place to eat. The 1st time we ate here was a great experience, this time not as great. With as many little places like this popping up all over Middle Tennessee, you have to be great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableCgreetingsVIPDined on 8/2/2014I have been here several times and never had a bad meal. The staff is always very friendly and talkative! Live it and will go back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner findjennDined on 7/31/2014I had eaten here for lunch previously and had a good experience, so decided to go again for dinner on my birthday, and it was great. The food was delicious-- avocado and crab salad was amazing. They brought a slice of cake with a candle for my birthday, which my kids loved. Although this is not a "kid place", it was kid-friendly, as the staff was very nice to my children (ages 3, 6).Special Features:
- Love this place!!!becsfavsDined on 7/25/2014Food is always amazing and the special sauces makes the dishes over the top delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is mediocreNawlinsgalDined on 7/25/2014I am a food critic and when we arrived, the ambiance and setting was so quaint. Reminds me of a farm house look you find in Europe. The waiter was absolutely charming. Being from New Orleans, I ordered the shrimp and grits and my husband, the meatloaf. The shrimp and grits were pre parted in this heavy, heavy cream sauce with tons of butter, which isn't a true shrimp and grits. I only ate half and didn't like the taste. My husband ordered the meatloaf and mashed potatoes. It was very bland and the mashed potatoes had a sour taste to them. These are the only two items we tried so I can't speak of the other items on the menu.
- The following 328 reviews are from the Mack and Kates reviews archive.