Machete Tequila + Tacos
2817 E 3rd Ave
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Machete Tequila + Tacos
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://machetedenver.com/
- Phone: (303) 333-1567
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday:: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Machete Tequila + Tacos
We brought a new vibe to Cherry Creek North. Machete’s menu infuses classic Mexico City cantina fare with regional specialties and street food favorites such as tacos, quesadillas and ceviches. With an emphasis on the bold flavors and robust palate of Mexican cuisine, Machete uses the freshest ingredients to prepare every delightful meal. Machete also has one of the largest tequila menus in Denver and incredibly potent margaritas. Come on down for some street-style tacos and quesadillas, huaraches, alambres, authentic salsas, fundidos, fine tequilas, freshly-juiced margaritas and Denver’s first private tequila cage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Machete Tequila + Tacos reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (5)vibrant bar scene (4)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Excellent food and service !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/6/2014Only drawback is that it is very loud so it's difficult to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good tacos & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Great food and service, not ideal for a quiet meal as the bar was rocking. But nonetheless, if you want good food and a bar atmosphere, this is the spot in Cherry Creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of this worldGhopDined on 9/26/2014There is nowhere on this planet that has better margaritas than Machete. Combine that with the most savory tacos this place has *never* let me down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Delicious! Service okay!FoodieDined on 9/20/2014This is a fantastic food experience and so different from traditional Mexican restaurants. Great flavor combinations. Unique tortillas and for those who don't like corn, there is a jicama tortilla option. The service unfortunately was average to poor. Although the waitress was polite, she would often walk away while we were still asking questions. She also did not check on us very often and there were less than a handful of tables being served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaWEEEEETMontanaDined on 8/30/2014Josh provided some excellent service. His menu recommendations were spot on. Took a chance sitting outside and turned out to be a fantastic night. Will definitely return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Killer cocktails!JenLDined on 8/27/2014Great happy hour, street tacos, & cocktails! Try the Kona!!Special Features:
- The following 49 reviews are from the Machete Tequila + Tacos reviews archive.
- No need to go againOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/19/2014Our server Sarah was great. Bar service incredibly slow Needs Air Conditioning to work, dead hot air inside. Tequila she recommended was great Food was ok, chorizo way to overpowering in the different tacos we tried. Priced ok, but food not enough to bring us back.Special Features:
- MmmmmmmmmmHananVIPDined on 7/14/2014And hmmmmmmmmmmm It's ok Just ok Don Julio Anajo coin for $20 Ridiculous. Food average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decor is lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014The food is fab. I tried three of the tacos. And the sauces are authentic mexican. I will go back, but it's like a sports bar. And it doesn't really have any decorating flare. Not sure what they where going for here. Had a Mai Tai, it was awful. I'll stick to a margarita next time. But like I said I will go back.Special Features:
- SpinDined on 7/2/2014Everything is made in the restaurant which is a bonus. They have chips and 4 different salsas for and app. For tacos, we got flank steak, mole chicken, and vegetarian and each one was incredible. The only downs were that if you sit inside, it's a loud bar scene which may not be what you're looking for on a "romantic" date. This is especially the case when you have to walk passed a quiet, comfortable outdoor patio. After listening to vSecond, our waitress was fine and knowledgable about the restaurant and menu... To the point where I was searching for a human inside of a voice recording. Lastly, no wonder "machete tequila" comes firstSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BestR3dlipstickDined on 6/24/2014Machete was super accommodating for helping make my mother in law's 70th birthday a hit. The wait staff was so sweet in making sure the birthday cake we brought in was stored properly and came out with candles blazing to give the birthday girl a surprise. The food is always delicious at Machete and we were also really pleased to have some kid friendly options for the little humans in our party.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceYourRealEstateGuyVIPDined on 6/17/2014Between the wonderful food and the always great service by Josh, we always look forward to our visits to Machete. Definitely need reservations. Don't be afraid to park a few blocks away.....the walk back is an excuse to,order more:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuiDeRioVIPDined on 6/16/2014Very personable service, terrific food and welcoming - we will return!Special Features:
- Tongue TacoDEEMVIPDined on 6/8/2014I visit Machete for its unique and tasty tacos. The tongue taco was delicious, as usual. The rest was just fine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2014Loved it -- tapas style & gourmet tacos -- and spectacular handmade margs!Special Features:
- Great Place in Cherry Creek NorthGlenDined on 4/23/2014I've eaten and Machete multiple times and it never disappoints. The food is great in a casual environment that is comfortable for everyone.Special Features:
- Becoming average...BetsyDined on 3/26/2014I used to really like this place but lately I've become more and more disappointed when I go. This time it was SO busy that the waitress didn't get to me to take a drink order for at least 10 minutes after I had been seated. The hostess ended up delivering water and drinks which was good that she stepped up but it was clear that they were struggling. The margaritas tasted like the ones that come out of a plastic bottle at the grocery store and some of the tacos were just down right bad. The ones that were good pretty much tasted the same. Overall, I was disappointed and sadly, that may have been the last time I go.Special Features:
- TacosCrazyfortacosDined on 3/26/2014Excellent selection of tacos and the margs are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tacos Tacos TacosCeciDined on 3/26/2014If you like tacos you'll LOVE these! Any kind of taco you can think of or, perhaps NOT think of! Great experience. Great food! Going back with my boyfriend for lunch today! Bon appetite!Special Features:
- Fun!akazooeyDined on 3/16/2014Good food and service. Not sure if our waitress was extremely busy or her sections were divided poorly but getting to us initially, getting drinks refilled took a while. Once the food was ordered it came out pretty fast. Love the different tacos, lots of different combinations. Also the margarita list was great.Special Features:
- so disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2014My husband and I have frequented Machete since we first moved to Denver 2 years ago. This past weekend, we had two friends in town and were excited to show off one of our favorite spots. However, we were incredibly disappointed. We were seated outside for 25 minutes without any service before we were moved to a table inside…where we waited for another 20 minutes. The queso we ordered came out before we got our chips and salsa, and it was cold by the time we were able to eat it. Our drinks never showed up. After our plates were cleared, we waited another 15 minutes with no server. Then, I asked to speak with a manager, who stood there with his arms crossed, completely unreceptive to anything I said. Needless to say, we won't be returning.
- Accidentally had an amazing timeYourRealEstateGuyVIPDined on 3/15/2014We ended up here by mistake but swore we'd be back. The drinks and food were increadible. We put our trust in our server Josh and he brought out drinks and plate after plate of fantastic food. I am definitely going back there. Thanks for an awesome experience.Special Features:
- Awesome Tapas!DaveDined on 3/15/2014This place has an incredible selection of tapas and margaritas..but their house rocks! Highly recommend you ask your server to have the kitchen surprise your table with various selections from their menu. Great experience! Josh was amazing to us and made the night very fun.Special Features:
- Fancy MexSkatmanDined on 3/15/2014Small and quaint, Machete was filled with singles, families and groups enjoying great food and drink. Our first visit wasn't our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tacos were great/ Unique margaritasTacofanDined on 2/28/2014Our group shared a combo of 12 tacos, ordering everything from halibut, shrimp & scallops to beef. Everything tasted great. Margaritas were great and they had a huge variety. I got the cucumber one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW those tacos!DegersuzVIPDined on 2/22/2014This place is a blast! great food and outstanding margaritas! So much fun! My husband and I opted to share the 12 tacos for $33 and what a deal! We were able to try all of the tacos that we were interested in! It's a funky vibe and a lot of fun! We will be back and bring our friends next time!Special Features:
- OK for those scared of the real deaCDreamsOfFoodDined on 2/11/2014This place has decent tacos, with an amazing selection of fillings. Some are great (e.g., Cochinita Pibil, Pork Shoulder in frijol sauce), while others are mediocre (Costillas, Tripa). Places on Federal Blvd or E Colfax do the real thing, but friends may be more willing to join you in Cherry Creek North than in those neighborhoods.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service slow, margaritas badBacheloretteDined on 2/8/2014Machete is a cool "see & be seen" spot in Cherry Creek. If you're here, order the 1810 on the food menu. It's delicious. Get it "Habenero Style" for just $1 more. The bad news is the service is super-slow. We were there for dinner at 8 pm and were there till 10 because the service was so slow. Also, the margaritas are poor quality and not made properly at all (the taste is way too strong and bitter, not mixed well by the bar staff). Could have been a fluke night, but would not go back for the margaritas alone. Lastly, it's always annoying when your table is literally pressed up against another table of patrons, and that's how it is here. it got to the point we were having table conversation with the people next to us. Kind of weird.Special Features:
- Awesome tacos and margaritas!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2014The staff was excellent and helped us understand the best food and drink in the restaurant. We ordered, we enjoyed, and we plan to come back. The halibut tacos are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spdietPickyVIPDined on 1/19/2014Even on a special diet (gluten, soy, etc ) I found things to eat. Great street tacos. Just don't go when there is a game on if you want quite. This is really a young crowd hangout - sports bar with great food. No matter when do go!Special Features:
- Fun & casualOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/11/2014Great place to sit outside (inside is very loud). Great margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute taco place in Cherry CreekLove2DineVIPDined on 1/10/2014This is a fun little restaurant in Cherry Creek. Yes, the servers are very attentive, but I happen to like getting a beer or even margarita 2 minutes after I order it. Nor is this a quiet restaurant that you go to have a romantic dinner in. It's a place you go with your husband of 15 years, maybe your noisy kids, to knock back some excellent margaritas and delicious tacos. You don't need to have deep conversations with those people! Yes, you can get better tacos of one kind or another elsewhere. I've been to those other places too, and you can't get the enormous selection of tacos that you get here. They have two kinds of al pastor, one traditional(ish) and one made with grilled fish and spicy pineapple jam. Come on!Special Features:
- Great Vibe and Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/3/2014Super fun and service was excellent. Most importantly food was delicious and Margaritas were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant all around!LysaVIPDined on 12/31/2013Machete is really a wonderful place. We have been there several times and always have great service, great food and just an all around great time! I would highly reccomend Machete to anyone that is just looking for a fun happy hour or new fun place to eat. The service is always spectacular!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceDaveVIPDined on 12/27/2013This was my first time to Machete. The food was very good (especially the chips and guacamole, with a selection of salsas). Our server was wonderful; I wish I remembered her name!Special Features:
- Try Patzcuaro'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013Did not like the food, bad quality. Maybe they were too busy but no one ever asked us how everything was. When someone doesn't drink their drinks or eat their food you would think something is wrong. Even the owner didn't pick up on it. Try Patzcuaro's and then compare the two.
- Great place!TexgalVIPDined on 12/7/2013I love Machete - food is great, atmosphere really cool. My only complaint is that this time, our waitress was incredibly annoying. She asked us whether we were ready to order about 60 seconds after she handed us our menus. When we said we needed more time, she came back in about 60 more seconds. This kept happening (coming back even LESS than 60 seconds later at one point), until finally one of my friends asked if we could have five minutes to look at the menu. She finally relented, but then brought us our bill pretty quickly and continued to hurry us. The restaurant wasn't that busy, so we were confused as to why she was rushing us so much.
- Great tacosLadentmDined on 12/5/2013Great taco selection, reasonable portions, kid friendly and affordable.Special Features:
- Good for drinksdenverfoodieDined on 11/20/2013The drinks are potent and well made. All of the specialty margaritas are interesting and tasty, you can tell that the bartenders know what they're doing. The food is ok, portions are small for the price (even by street taco standards) and it pales in comparison to similar street taco style places in Denver. A good spot to get drinks but would go elsewhere for food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Margarita'sCindy1673Dined on 11/5/2013Their fresh lime juice margarita is amazing and they have great street tacos. I highly recommend!Special Features: