Macchialina Taverna Rustica
820 Alton Road
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Macchialina Taverna Rustica
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.macchialina.com/
- Phone: 3055342124x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch 12pm-4pm
Sunday Supper 6pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Pirolo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
A word from Macchialina Taverna Rustica
Opened late June 2012, Macchialina Taverna, located at 820 Alton Road in the heart of South Beach's residential west side, has quickly become a favorite among critics, locals and in-the-know tourists who flock to the casual neighborhood eatery to indulge in chef/owner MichaelPirolo's rustic Italian fare. From the start, Macchialina has been racking up accolades such as a 3.5 star Excellent rating from The Miami Herald, Best Restaurant 2013 from the Miami New Times "Best Of" Edition as well as a stellar review from the same paper, Pirolo and his team at Macchialina are taking the city by storm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Macchialina Taverna Rustica - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Macchialina Taverna Rustica reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (27)special occasion (26)good for groups (14)great for brunch (11)hot spot (11)notable wine list (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (1)Show More
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/17/2014Always perfect , conisistantly great, literally after dozens of meals have never had a bad meal or bit of anything.Special Features:
- This place never fails to amaze me!SobeFoodieVIPDined on 10/15/2014It is simply and purely one of the best kept secrets in SoBe. The food, the hospitality, the service is second to me. Cozy, quaint, charming and splendid. I live on the Beach and it has got to be my most favorite restaurant in Sobe. It is on Alton Road and away from Collins, Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive and away from the tourist traps. If you want to eat out one night while visiting, this is the place to dine. If you live here, don't overcrowd it, don't let success spoil it. Leave a table open for me.Special Features:
- A MUST TRY !!!22003Dined on 10/11/2014Freindly and knowledgeable staff not typical of SoBe. Wonderfuland unique dinning without being pretentious in a warm, hip environment and fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennymarciaDined on 10/7/2014She is the best hostess you will ever experience at any restaurant bar none!Special Features:
- Do the tasting menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/28/2014Tasting menu well worth the price. Great service, great overall experience. May not look like much from outside, but the food is fantastic!Special Features:
- Great atmospherewimbVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had fun. That's the important thing. The service was okay but or server was great. The food tasted okay but the idea was great. All in all we had fun. That's the important thing. We'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TatyDined on 9/27/2014I thought this place was going to be amazing. The waiter was rude and the food was horrible.
- fantasticpetsonDined on 9/27/2014Love this place, great staff and fabulous food, will be happy to go back anytime. The pasta was fantastic and as was the seafood platter, I think anything you choose from the menu will satisfy your cravings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only "foodie" place at South BeachSFfoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014We managed to hit 4 out of 5 Open Table "foodie" places in South Beach area. This is the only one which "passed" by our standards. Loved the caprese salad, mushroom pasta and wine. Although decor and attractiveness of the waitstaff never affects my scoring, I agree with those who reviewed the servers as handsome! I thought the desserts were not as successful, but we really enjoyed ourselves and we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodSobestarfishDined on 9/20/2014The most amazing Italian food in Miami Beach... possibly in all of Miami! Get the burrata and heirloom tomatoes. I've had burrata at other Italian restaurants but none compare to Macchialina's. The pasta with truffle and mushrooms is also incomparable. A bite of nirvana in every slurp of noodle and mushroom. Love the quirky tiramisu with coffee ice granita and whipped cream and cake in a jar. And love the handsome attentive waiters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spotAJTyler99Dined on 9/19/2014Food has been amazing the 2 times I have been.. service always good as well.. place is tiny but very comfortable but if you have a large group I will definitely make a reservation. . Brocolini causer app is super good.. they pay attention to detail such as high end olives in the martinis. . I think a great little neighborhood spot that serves decently late or certain nights as well.. don't let the construction on Alton Rd stop you just take a cab or uber there Amanda :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent ItalianFoodLoverDined on 9/19/2014great food, great service, highly recommended--minor issue (for us anyway) is somewhat major construction on the road the restaurant is on, so getting into the restaurant (sidewalk and street were a bit chewed up/choppy), and the "view" outside, were not the easiest/greatest--was not a big deal though, as the food and wine was outstanding.Special Features:
- A true gemNsgeeVIPDined on 9/6/2014We shared the tasting menu. Very generous portions and everything was extremely delicious. The pasta with the beets was unexpectedly fabulous, and the tagliolini with the abalone mushrooms too! Everything was super delicious. Stellar drinks at the bar too! Tried the Rosemary's Baby and loved it, my daughter had a Negroni and said it was a good one. Amazingly we had room for the dessert; a silky and luscious tiramisu. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Always amazing.ODB25Dined on 9/5/2014Macchialina never disappoints. If you want Italian, this is Miami's finest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good serviceEabarcoDined on 9/2/2014This spot is one of my favorite , very consistent in their food and service , I tried the Miami spice menu which was deliciouse and had to have some from the regular menu , truly enjoy this place , you must try the fungi pasta ... Out of this world..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Addicted2FoodDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food, but it took over an hour to get seated after our designated reservation. Unfortunately, they ran out of grilled octopus. Total bummer! I still highly recommend their Miami Spice menu!Special Features:
- Fantastic mealOrioles08Dined on 8/30/2014Outstanding food. A bit expensive but worth the $$$. Typical for a great restaurant when busy... Eat up move out...bartender needs to learn how to make an Arnold Palmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food but service....MaisonduvinDined on 8/29/2014Overall okay but I felt we were rushed during the service...if I am going to go out to dinner and spend $200 plus I would like to sit and enjoy, not have the waiter push me out the door and drop the check when I did not ask....(Sorry maybe they should not add 18% for service on the check as waiters always takes advantage of this). When its like this I am not sure if I went to a restaurant or a Cafeteria... Food was good and would like to try again but the waiter killed my experience so I need to give it some time to reconsider.Special Features:
- Serious foodies, a must visit!SharpJewelsNYDined on 8/29/2014We were a party of 7 on my 3rd visit to this eatery. And it engaged all our gastronomic senses. Wine program is perfectly suited for this robust menu! No nonsense, unpretentious environment and kitchen. I'm a fan!Special Features:
- Miami SpicesergiomunozdeleteDined on 8/25/2014The food is really delicious but the Miami spice portions are too small and very expensive for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BebopDined on 8/25/2014We've been there many times. Food is terrific. This time we took three little kids and the staff was wonderful with them, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshing.MiramarjamaicansDined on 8/23/2014Great food, but most importantly amazing service. Holly was the name of our waitress and she was so amazing. She made recommendations and she was extremely patient with us. The assistant General Manager was excellent as well as I was dining with a very picky eater and he and holly made sure that she left the restaurant satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally not worth it !NoodlesVIPDined on 8/23/2014Went to try Miami Spice Menu, the food was family style and definately not enough for 5 people, good excuse to charge you a lot with the fixed price menu and serve little food, by the way, if you wanted steak which was on the spice menu you had to pay extra, if you want bread you have to pay extra. So a total rip off !! Food quality was very average, i was looking forward to try this because of the reviews, I am Italian and I know what food should taste like, nothing special nor nothing to go back to ! For the restarurant: don't partecipate to the Miami Spice if you don't want to promote your restaurant, you certainly are not doing it in this way, you just take advantage of consumers !
- conflictedluvfoodDined on 8/22/2014One guest was running late so they wouldn't seat us & asked us to to go to the bar which was completely full. There was no way we could order a drink. We had to stand behind the bar in the way, where the servers come through from the kitchen. Our table was only 2 feet away from us so we asked whether we could enjoy a drink at our table. They said NO. They were being rigid but we complied. After 10 minutes of everyone bumping into us, they sat us down. We did the Miami Spice menu. It's family style where you order the same thing for the whole table. The main dish was not a normal sized portion for one person, let alone two. Imagine a 3" by 3" piece of fish for 2 people. It was tiny. The food was delicious & definitely good quality.
- Absolutely Delicious!!PasadenaBunchDined on 8/18/2014We went based on several Chowhound recommendations and were not disappointed! Everything was excellent -- the creamy polenta with sausage, bread with salsa verde, tagliolini with mushrooms, spaghetti vongole and two delicious desserts. Our server was friendly and attentive. If we lived in Miami, Macchialina would be a "go-to" place for us, no doubt. Just a terrific meal and experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not enough foos for pricespicedoutDined on 8/17/2014Portions were "family size" = one person Went with 4 friends to celebrate my bday and used miami spice. We had to share food that was enough for one person and they said it would be enough for 5 people. Left hungry from there. Service at first was horrible then it got a bit better but not worth $40 of gratuity. Dont think I will go back or recommend!Special Features:
- Fantastic Brunch on SundaynicolasDined on 8/17/2014We had a great Brunch sunday at 2pm, fantastic eggs with delicious sauces, incredible muffins/scones. We will go backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014we went from Miami spice. The octopus set the mood for a phenomenal dinner. Everything was good but the octopus was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the tasting menuGreatDined on 8/15/2014You can't go wrong with the tasting menu, the quality and variety is amazing! By far the best pasta in Miami!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh.....FrankDined on 8/11/2014Thought it was good, but not overly excited about it. Food is rustic, pasta is good - the veal milanesa I had was just ok. Food is good, but price value relationship could be a bit better. Setting inside is quite nice.Special Features:
- great brunch,even better servicegrayyakVIPDined on 8/10/2014all the flavors were very good. the Italian Dim Sum,wasnt as smooth as expected ,but none he less enjoyable our server was da bomb Halle is a 50,000 megawatt gemSpecial Features:
- Authentic Italian DishesDanielDined on 8/9/2014Great Italian Food! Our first visit but not our last. We had the Miami Spice menu with odd choices for a couple... Not sure how it works for a single dinner. The service as very good and they really try to have enjoy your experience. Unfortunately it is very noise inside and to hot to eat outside in August... Especially noisy & dusty with road construction on Alton Road. Aside from that, I would not let these few problems stand in the way of delicious Italian cooking! Look forward to trying the Chefs tasting menu.Special Features:
- great restaurantJJJJDined on 8/7/2014It was our first time there and we loved it. our waiter and the assistant gm were so nice. They really went above and beyond to ensure an amazing dining experience for us. We tried the miami spice special menu and loved it. It was $39 each. They have a nice beer and wine selection. We had one of each. For the miami spice dinner, we had meatballs, creamy polenta with sausage, brocolini with parmesean, a burrata salad and a mushroom pasta with truffle infused. For dessert we had the bread pudding. Everything was amazing. It's smaller portions, but since you're getting to sample so many things, it's plenty of food and we were quite full. I would definitely recommend this place. We loved it and plan on going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best in south floridajfnycmiamiDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I go here regularly and have brought many friends, it's the best restaurant in South Florida. Jennifer (manages up front) and her husband Mike (the chef) run a terrific place and she and the staff make you for welcome always. The food is consistently excellent and they have hired a cocktail specialist, too. To start, very good Negronis. Best escarole salad ever. Also good the heirloom tomatoes and burratta. The octopus is tender and delicious. Our group of 6 shared the appetizers and ordered entrees of pasta vongole, snapper, pasta pomadoro and a new offering of pasts pesto, all perfectly prepared. Prices are reasonable for this wonderful food. Happy hour on Wednesdays, closed Mondays and brunch on Sundays.Special Features:
- Best restaurant on the beachOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/4/2014Really great food and super people, everything from wine to dessert to ambience.. GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO
- AMAZING!tankat13Dined on 8/2/2014This was my second visit to Macchialina. The food is superb. Especially anything based in one of their homemade tomato sauces. Each dish is so unique and unlike anything you have ever had before. I am not a big dessert fan, much less a tiramisu fan, but they have the best tiramisu I have ever had in my life.Special Features:
- Terrific, but...DisgustedVIPDined on 8/2/2014I love all things in the PubBelly constellation. There is a great balance of quality and creativity in what they do. The main problem with Macchialina is not in either of those categories as the food is terrific. The big issue here is that rapid fire pace that they serve you. It's almost as though they are more interested in maximizing seatings than they are in my dining experience. At those prices it's really off-putting to have your food jammed on you like that.Special Features:
- Don't believe the Hype!PmharryVIPDined on 7/29/2014Based on the reviews, I was expecting an amazing meal. Sadly, not the case. Food was ok- nothing to write home about. My husband order shrimp cocktail- nice they used frozen shrimp. Service was akin to a diner. For a bar that had a mixologist, drinks were lame.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/25/2014You must go here but not too often as I still want to be able to get a table!!!Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsPatMVIPDined on 7/18/2014This is a great experience. Our server, unfortunately I don't remember her name was awesome. She was attended give, knew her menu, and gave some great suggestions. Try the tasting menu, it was fabulous. The maître d, was also very attentive, and over all I highly recommend. The one thing is the decor is rather dark, and does not suit the food, but that's our taste. Everything else is excellent. Well done.Special Features: