MacArthur Park - Palo Alto
27 University Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94301Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
MacArthur Park - Palo Alto
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.macarthurparkpaloalto.com/
- Phone: (650) 321-9990
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm- 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Faz Poursohi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available for groups any size ranging from simple drop offs to fully staffed events. We cater corporate and personal events at just about any location. Call the Banquets line for menus and more details.
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Menu from 4:00 to 6:30 Monday through Friday.
- Special Events: Wedding receptions and larger events are hosted at MacArthur Park which can easily hold 200+ guest. We host everything from a young childs birthday party to large corporate dinners. "We are pros at special events
A word from MacArthur Park - Palo Alto
Palo Alto neighborhood favorite MacArthur Park relaunched in April 2008 with the original chef and owner. Faz Poursohi (of Faz Restaurants) and Restaurateur Chuck Frank (formerly with Spectrum Foods, owner of 16 upscale eateries) are at the helm and have revitalized this historic landmark designed by Julia Morgan in 1918. The revitalized menu features Faz' award-winning Oakwood Smoked California BBQ Baby Back Ribs, mesquite grilled meats and fresh fish. Special features include signature cocktails, the MacArthur Park famous potato skins and onion strings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
MacArthur Park - Palo Alto - Best Restaurants in Palo Alto ›
MacArthur Park - Palo Alto reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (10)romantic (7)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- We were very pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2008We were very pleasantly surprised to arrive and be seated at the table we had requested in our reservation. The service was impecable from beginning to the end. Courteous, efficient and caring waiters surrounded us all throughout our meal, which was no less than excellent. The grilled baby artichokes, the calamari, the seafood chowder and the onion soup for starters were absolutely wonderful. We selected their BBQ ribs and chicken platters that were big enough to feed an army. The BBQ sauce, which is home made, was so delicious that we had to but it to takeit home. The ribs were succulent, moist and just great tasting, with the perfect crispiness from the grill. The chicken was out of this world and equally delicious. Great evening!!!Special Features:
- Not being familiar with theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2008Not being familiar with the area, to get to the restaurant was a challenge. Once there, the room was charming, menu varied enough for all business guests. Even though the waiter messed up my order, I would go back.Special Features:
- Took very good care of myOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2008Took very good care of my table, and brought a special dessert with a candle for the guest whose birthday it was.Special Features:
- I really enjoy the City versionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2008I really enjoy the City version of this place and hoped for similar. First thing - these guys need to get Google and all the other map places to give VERY specific instructions to get here! Food was okay; the heirloom tomatoes were over ripe and a little tasteless, the half chicken was a little overcooked. The ribs were great. My colleague demolished his steak sandwich so that must have been good! Service was excellent - attentive but not overbearing, and nice touch when the manager came over to check in. It's a fabulous space and I want it to do well.Special Features:
- Loved the furnishings andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2008Loved the furnishings and decor of the room. Pleasant very accommodating helpful service and good food. As a Gluten free diner I was impressed that our server was knowledgeable about what items on the menu to try or to avoid. We will definitely return to try some more selections. Although it was a bit warm in the dining area we enjoyed the dinner and good selection of desserts. Since we are not looking for kid friendly dining we would try to come a bit later to avoid the noisy families. Nice bar selections and friendly bartender.Special Features:
- Everything was lovely. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2008Everything was lovely. We enjoyed ourselves. One thing...I am a decorator and was facing two large pictures of fruit. They were offensive to me as a decorator and do not fit the decor. I had to move so my back faced them. They are uninteresting and do not fit in an historical setting as elegant as your restaurant.Special Features:
- A wonderful place for a celebratoryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2008A wonderful place for a celebratory birthday dinner.Special Features:
- had been here before and foundfoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2008had been here before and found it more than acceptable. Now the service was so poor that would hesitate to return. Food quality was very good.Special Features:
- It took nearly an hour forOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/13/2008It took nearly an hour for our food to be served. Having dined here before, I can say this was an exception, not the rule, thankfully. Had it been our first time dining here, I don't know that we would have returned due to the extended wait.Special Features:
- The food was only fair. EveryoneOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/6/2008The food was only fair. Everyone who ordered their famous ribs complained that they were very dry, same for the chicken. I was hoping for prime rib, which was advertized on their website as their special for Sat and Sun, but I was disappointed when told that they didn't serve prime rib on Sunday! I told the restaurant when I made reservations that we were celebrating 3 birthdays. There were eleven people in our group, all eating and drinking. However, no one did anything for us, or even said happy birthday, rather disappointing! It's unfortunate when restaurants don't adhere to strict quality control for the food they serve, and don't seem to care if you are there or not! We are definitely not going back to this restaurant!Special Features:
- When I made the reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2008When I made the reservation I requested a table at 6:30 pm, and was told all that was available was either 5 pm or 8 pm. I decided to take the 5 pm, hoping it wasn't too early for my guests and figured it would probably work out. When we arrived at 5 pm, they had just opened the doors, and the air conditioning wasn't on. It was pretty stuffy in side, but we decided to give it a try. By 6 pm three other small groups came in, and at 6:30, there were only four occupied tables. I surely couldn't understand why we were'nt able to get at reservation at that time. We left around 7:30 pm and no one else had arrived. Slow night???? I don't think I would request a reservation there again, or even bother to go back.Special Features:
- I was really looking forwardOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2008I was really looking forward to having dinner here, but the service was so terrible. It took forever for someone to wait on us and yet the place was nearly empty.
- It's a nice, reliable placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/3/2008It's a nice, reliable place halfway between SF and San Jose.Special Features:
- beet salad dressing was tastelessOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/2/2008beet salad dressing was tasteless onion rings were great coleslaw---way too much horseradish great home made potato chipsSpecial Features:
- I thought service was lackingRobbobDined on 6/27/2008I thought service was lacking a bit. Started off well but tapered off. Food was VERY GOOD.Special Features:
- Even though the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/23/2008Even though the restaurant was not at all crowded, it took 20 minutes to get seated at lunch (with a reservation), and another 20 before anyone showed up to take our order, and then a very long wait for the food.Special Features:
- Went there for a birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/22/2008Went there for a birthday. Food was okay. Service was off. Water refills were sporadic. Waitress was nice, but I think she was the only one for the whole restaurant. Buyboys needed more training. One cleared my salad plate a put my dirty knife back on the table (rather than clearing it and just bringing me a new one for my entree), and also brought out the birthday dessert with a candle on it, but it wasn't lit! That doesn't make any sense. I hope this place picks up the pace. I used to eat here growing up, and it was a very solid, dependable restaurant. When I went, it was only 20% full.Special Features:
- Very disappointed, not beenKokoVIPDined on 6/19/2008Very disappointed, not been there in a while, used to be "tried and true". Service very slow, not just our table but we looked around and no one seemed to be getting their food. After 45 minutes, I finally asked the Host since his station was behind our table and he said that our food would be out next (we had all ordered salads/appetizers, which normally doesn't take that long). When the food came out, quality of ingredients was low (zucchini, carrots were the veggies on the plate, same as the veggie side order) vegetables were over salted, when we brought it to our waiter's attention, we were offered dessert- wasn't the point, we just thought they should know. Disappointing presentation. Fresh fruit plate didn't have peaches as listed
- Service was very slow (a meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/16/2008Service was very slow (a meeting for the wait staff was scheduled during our time there); Lengthy time before the waiter greeted the table. Lengthy time between ordering and receiving food and beverages. The place was not at all crowded or busy so this was very surprising. The wine list could be much better. The food was VERY good and made up for the wait time.Special Features:
- We had a poor experience atOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2008We had a poor experience at MacArthur Park. Our reservation thru Open Table was not honored. We were seated by the kitchen. The wine list is short. The wines by the glass are expensive for a small amount of wine. And to top it off, the lobster pasta made me sick.
- No one informed me that itOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/15/2008No one informed me that it was only a father's day brunch menu and you couldn't order off the menu at all which was irritating. Further, the service was very poor---which is hard to do when you have a brunch and the server barely has to do anything. the food was great, but the experience was sub par.Special Features:
- Ribs, as always, terrific. WineGrandmaVIPDined on 6/14/2008Ribs, as always, terrific. Wine is way over-priced. Wine prices remind me of Kincaid's, which caters to an out-of-town, "Expense Account" clientele. For example, Edna Valley Chard, which retails for about $11 at Costco, costs $48 at this restaurant.Special Features:
- I must admit our server wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/13/2008I must admit our server was pretty bad. We waited 15 minutes just for our first round of drinks, couldn't find her when we wanted her (like when the 2 new york steaks were served without steak knives), she was friendly, but sure didn't earn a good tip. The steak was good, caesar salad yummy, bread was a very nice sourdough. Price wasn't out of line. The place sure was hard to find for a first-timer though, we parked on the other side of the overpass at first! Our mistake.
- We have eaten there many timesTEGOVIPDined on 6/11/2008We have eaten there many times and the food is always good. However, the service was notup to par this time. Also, a fresh fruit desert that boasted red and white cherries came with no cherries at all. It took several tries to find out why. The desert was supppossed to be taken off the bill but wasn't.Special Features:
- I hadn't been to MacArthurOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/11/2008I hadn't been to MacArthur Park for a couple of years and it will be that long again before returning. The food is good, the bar service is very slow even during the least busy time. The barman takes great care to converse with his guest rather than to serve drinks. Upon arrival the hostess would not negotiate seating even though half the restaurant was unoccupied. I was told that since my OpenTable.com reservation had just arrived the claustrophobic corner table was all that was available. MacArthur Park staff needs to be trained to be attuned to their customer's wishes. The barn like open interior lets sound carry unobstructed to create a noisy environment. This restaurant is better suited to large groups than to couples dining.
- We used to go to MacArthurOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/9/2008We used to go to MacArthur Park many years ago and the ribs were fantastic. On this visit, the first in 5 years, the ribs were tough and tasteless. We purchased 2 full racks and took 1 full rack home to the dog. The cole slaw was also tasteless. The french fries were good, as was the mud pie. I was very disappointed, having recently had superior ribs from Andronico's, the local grocery store.
- While we were there, thereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2008While we were there, there was a private party in half of the restaurant -- jammed with people and very noisy. Then the Stanford Marching Band invaded to play. Lots of fun and high energy, but it made it impossible to even communicate with our waiter.
- This was the single worstOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/6/2008This was the single worst dining experience my husband and I have had in years. What a disaster! The food was awful. For example, my husband's french fries were obviously fried in the same grease as the fish. The waiter was given far too many tables, and the stress of having to manuever in such a poorly run restaurant was obvious. It is a shame to see such a revered dining institution fall into such a deplorable state. Skip MacArthur Park.
- This restaurant was difficultOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/5/2008This restaurant was difficult to find due to the location.Special Features:
- MacArthur Park has been changingOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/4/2008MacArthur Park has been changing its menu and not for the better - the lunch menu is much smaller than it used to be and is missing the Harry's Bar steak sandwich, Baked Beans and Macarthur Park salad with blue cheese.Special Features:
- I haven't been to this restaurantSpenceDined on 6/3/2008I haven't been to this restaurant for years due to a restroced diet. However, my elderly neighbor wanted some really good spare ribs so it was decided to go to MacArhur Park. I can't begin to tell you how disappointing it was. It took forever for the ribs to come and when they did arrive, they were lathered in so much liquid BBQ sauce, that they were almost impossible to eat. I have never in my life seen anything like it. Rather than the sauce being carmalized and the ribs being "charred", it was like someone just dumped BBQ sauce on the ribs. I don't know what the problem is, but this restaurant has gone way down hill. I guess that's the reason there were so few people there.
- The food was great, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2008The food was great, but the service was surprisingly slow, particularly given that the restaurant was half empty. We ended up canceling our dessert.Special Features:
- The restaurant has just changedOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/1/2008The restaurant has just changed ownership. While the food seemed the same as usual, the service was really poor. It seemed as if the waiter hadn't been trained. The hostess was also new and tried to help, she compted the coffee.Special Features:
- We arrived on time and toldOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2008We arrived on time and told our table was being readied. And did we want to wait at the bar. OK. My husband ordered a Gin and Tonic which was flat. My husband told the bartender who tasted some and said "You mean the bubbles? This is the way it comes out of the dispenser." Can you believe that response?! The waiter brought my husband's Caesar salad and didn't offer fresh ground pepper. When the overhead lights went on, they flicked on and off for 10-15 minutes. It was rather annoying. When my husband asked if anything could be done, it was fixed. I don't know why the restaurant was half empty. I remember the days when it was hopping. There're many other places to dine and we won't come back.
- The service was impeccable!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2008The service was impeccable! The ribs were to die for! We love how Faz incorporated fresh vegetables and fruit into the menu. A fresh fruit plate was offered on the night we dined: fresh cherries, apricots and strawberries. What a wonderful dessert option.Special Features:
- This was our second time atNazaninVIPDined on 5/21/2008This was our second time at this restaurant and we will never go back again. It took the waiter 30 minutes after bring seated to take our appetizer order and dinner order was not taken until appetizers were done. 30 minutes after bringing our appetizers, then our dinner order was taken and took forever, leaving us waiting at the table for dinner. We were seated at 7:30 and dinner was brought to us at 9:15pm - almost two hours later. The restaurant was not crowded at all and enough waiters on hand but service was very disappointing. The food was poorly done. Salad had bits of shrimp shells and avocado skin was obviously not washed. Salmon was raw in the middle. Special mixed grill was flavorless.
- Food was mediocre at best,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2008Food was mediocre at best, including their highly touted ribs. For the price, however, it was a disappointment.Special Features:
- I couldn't make a commentYourHumbleFoodCriticVIPDined on 5/10/2008I couldn't make a comment about the other categories since we walked out after waiting over 35 minutes for our salad to arrive, and it never did. Waitress was too busy everwhere else but at our table. All I can say is very poor service. They need on site management. Someone who is in charge and walking the floor. I answered the other categories so my comment on service would go through.