9315 Old Bustleton Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19115Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.macaronis.net/
- Phone: 2154643040
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am -4:00 pm Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gianni Primavera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Macaroni's Restaurant
Now open for LunchContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Macaroni's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (24)romantic (23)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (11)late-night find (10)hot spot (7)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014We had dinner Thursday night for our anniversary. I had the Veal Primo and my wife had the lobster ravioli, both outstanding. Our waiter, Anthony, was great, very professional. His memory was astounding. Appetizers were delicious as well. Will definitely eat there again. Can't wait till warmer weather to try the outdoor patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014all the foods were distincley, home made italian, tasting. very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey GoodKICNBACVIPDined on 10/18/2014The service was impeccable. The food was excellent. The prices were equal to Center City Philadelphia.Special Features:
- greatfoodDined on 10/11/2014We had a great time and the food was amazing. We loved the new bar area that they built and would definitely go back. My only complaint would be that I called ahead of time to say that there would be 3 birthdays that we were celebrating and they had said they would bring over a piece cake for each person. At the end of our meal, our waiter did not even ask us if we wanted dessert or anything and did not mention the piece of cake for the birthdays; so I was very disappointed about that.Special Features:
- Great little Italian spotSickNaastyDined on 10/8/2014Macaroni is a great little spot in northeast philly. Right as you walk in the feeling of being in a top notch restaurant located in a bustling downtown neighborhood overwhelms you. But the best part is that it is in a quieter part of philly, away from center city. The service was great and quiet helpful while the food was fantastic. A bit pricy but it was definitely worth it. The Veal Primo had everything one could need in a dish and the desserts were perfect to end the night. Definitely a good place to check out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDoslocosguysVIPDined on 10/7/2014Tried this on a whim and Boy were we surprised...The service...food and atmosphere was AMAZINGLY GOOD! Food tasty and hot...Server made the right suggestions and not over bearing....Definitely a repeat place... Prices were moderate..My Lamb was done perfectly and tasty! Only complaint...little noisy for this atmosphere..Special Features:
- A little pricey but it was worth itDisappointedDined on 10/4/2014Visited Saturday night, had 7:45 reservations, we were seated promptly. Service was terrific!! Food was fabulous, we had the steak special. It was done to perfection for both myself (I like medium) and my husband (he likes a more well done steak). We just thought it was a little pricey for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back for more.PappyDined on 9/7/2014This spot is a star in the culinary wasteland that is NE Philly. The service was terrific and the restaurant was spotless. Really nice menu and clever specials. Our meals were terrific from start to finish including service.Special Features:
- we enjoyed our mealyummyforthetummyDined on 9/6/2014It was too dark to read the menu, I think you need to add some lighting.Special Features:
- paulaDined on 8/24/2014An outstanding restaurant. Notably elegant for a small neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in NE Phillyaprime619Dined on 8/17/2014The food here is amazing I would come here just for the roasted peppers alone great food , great service can't wait till they open the outside areaSpecial Features:
- GreatMapobxDined on 8/16/2014Very good food, well prepared. Very nice and efficient wait staff.Special Features:
- Great foodMissy67bmcDined on 7/31/2014A great phila gem! Outstanding food. Friendly staff quaint environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLexicanfield313Dined on 7/27/2014I had the lobster ravioli, my hubby had crab and my daughter had penne vodka. All were delicious. Food was spectacular. A little pricey but totally worth the $$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedlove2eatDined on 7/25/2014I was a frequent customer when this restaurant was operated by the original owners. Friends recommended it so we gave it a try as it is always good to find a close by restaurant that serves good food. The restaurant is beautiful and the service was great. Selections on the menu were varied and expensive considering they did not serve any vegetable with my entree. Our appetizers were better than our entrees but we all were (4 of us) of the opinion that we wouldn't return.
- FreshblondefoodieDined on 7/10/2014Macaroni's is an absolute gem in the northeast. Appetizers, salads, entrees, specials, and desserts were absolutely delicious and COMPLETELY fresh. As a group that dines out every Thursday night, my friends and I all agreed everything was prepared to order with in house preparations. When we were there, we noticed that they are in the process of creating an outdoor space. It was huge, adorned with a bar. This could be a great addition to the spring and summer months for outdoor eating....We'll be back!Special Features:
- RR65Dined on 7/5/2014Food was very good; I particularly enjoyed the Tuna Steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowMangiaVIPDined on 6/28/2014Everything was outstanding !!! From the food to the martinis to the service. Can't wait till they open the out door patio barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent night out spotshelbysimon08Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I went to Macaroni's to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and we were not disappointed by the place at all. The service was very good and the food was excellent. Everyone in the place was pleasant, and the prices were reasonable. Overall, it was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- TRAVELBUGVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food and presentation were very good - The bread with the peppers is a nice touch and is brought to the table complimentary. Listen to the specials, as they seem to have many and our waiter seemed very knowledgeable. Two of my table-mates had pasta which looked very good and plentiful. Portions are a nice size, although I would have liked a little more on my plate (I had the Chilean sea-bass special). Restaurant was clean, big bar area and definitely seemed like there was enough staff which is why I don't understand why our waiter seemed to drop the ball once our food arrived? At that point everything fell apart for us. Your waiter can made a big difference no matter how good the food. I even had to ask for the check-no good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 242 reviews are from the Macaroni's Restaurant reviews archive.
- MixedAnthonyVIPDined on 6/27/2014We found that many dishes were over the top great while some others were so-so, especially considering the cost. This was true not only for this meal but over time as well. Had the same dish one time and it was great and another time it fell short. Will I go back, yesSpecial Features:
- rs0678OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014As always the food was spectacular. The bar has some nice signature cocktails as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service suckedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014The same time that we had booked for our reservation the restaurant had a private party . They basically completely ignored us and ruined our anniversary meal . They at the very least could have pretended that they cared about the money we spent . The food itself was the only redeeming qualitySpecial Features:
- Second Time AroundSkirschDined on 6/15/2014This is the second time we have been to Macaroni's and enjoyed it just as much as the first time. The food is always excellent and the staff is pleasant and on top of things, but you don't feel like they are rushing or suffocating you. Love the atmosphere of the restaurant and very excited to see they are building a patio with nice size bar. We will definitely return for a third time.Special Features:
- skipDined on 5/31/2014The service and food was excellent. They made you feel that you were a king. Waited on you hand and foot.Special Features:
- JoeCDined on 5/30/2014My wife and I have been to Macaroni's before and so far it has not been disappointed. Experience has been great for a quite dinner with your wife/husband and even our children who also have enjoyed it. Every time we go there, we always run into someone (friends) that we know and it is nice that other people that we know also liked. The last time there we, my wife and I were celebrating our 27th wedding Anniversary and the food was great. My wife had the Veal Primo and I enjoyed a perfect cooked Ahi Tuna steak. We shared a lobster salad that was amazing and so was the entire dinner. We definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014This restaurant is a beautiful place with absolutely the best food!! It is the best kept secret in the Northeast! I will go here for any occasion!Special Features:
- A Pleasant Surprise!pgmaherDined on 5/21/2014What a nice restaurant! It's location and appearance from outside may make you overlook this treasure. But once inside you'll notice an upscale ambiance that you wouldn't expect. The staff was very courteous and professional. The food was delicious. Overall it was quite a pleasant surprise. My only somewhat negative comment would be the quickness of the service. I prefer a slower pace but that may have been due the the early hour of my reservation and the fact that it was mid-week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!!Foodie1Dined on 5/17/2014I have been to this restaurant several time and will keep going back. The food is delicious and the service is outstanding. They have a seasonal special menu and their wine list is great. Any questions I have ever had about the wines or the ingredients that were used, were answered immediately. Great place for a romantic dinner for two or a group a friends looking to enjoy a delicious meal!Special Features:
- A wonderful experience for sure!MictomDined on 5/17/2014This restaurant has been in the neighborhood and under our nose for many years, but unfortuantely under our radar as well. We FINALLY booked a reservation and WOW! what a treat. Food was delicious, service was superb. The ambiance was also a plus. Soon, there will be outside dining and bar area. Cannot wait to return!Special Features:
- Not badvalerieDined on 5/11/2014Good food good service a bit on expensive side. Atmosphere not bad but small noise level was a bit high too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected gem in NE PhillystaccamDined on 5/10/2014Food was very good. We had a table of 7 and all enjoyed everything that was ordered.Special Features:
- Macaroni'sDickDined on 5/6/2014As always, at lunch or dinner the food is great, reasonable and professionally handled like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. Since the update, it is very attractive also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceIrol8210Dined on 5/3/2014You get the center city vibe without having to travel to center city and deal with the traffic and parking issues. Also great food and service! My only gripe is that the atmosphere seems "cold" though, and my husband agrees. If you can get past that....it's great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMangiaVIPDined on 5/3/2014Everything was amazing... We had drinks first at the bar. Our bar tender Joey is a true mixologist (try the limoncello martini) our waiter tony was on point but never over bearing. (Get the veal chop Milanese) can't wait to go back (get the creme brûlée pie for dessert)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another good birthday dinnerBunnyLadyVIPDined on 5/1/2014Good portions of well prepared italian dishes . Great peppers with bread. Polenta just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014This was our first time dining here. We definitely will come back. Food was AWESOME . Staff was friendly and on point with service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOP SPOT!! MUST EAT HERE!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014This restaurant has it all!! Great food, great service, and an elegant place to dine. I hate when people go to a restaurant and they say that the food was great, but the price was too high. It just doesn't make sense. At Macaroni's, the food is GREAT, and the price is extremely fair for the portions and the quality of food. I can't wait to eat here again!!!Special Features:
- Great Italian restaurantKls0427Dined on 4/26/2014Menu was varied, offering pasta, seafood and meat. Food was very tasty and of high quality. Enjoyed the ambiance, the cocktails, the wine, and especially the food. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our foodcrackcrabVIPDined on 4/25/2014Friendly, attentive and very professional staff...The food came out of the kitchen HOT. The salads were very good. The caesar with achovies was delicious. The chicken siciliana was hot and spicy just like my friend likes. The deserts were nothing special. They are a bit pricey, save this one for a special occasion.Special Features: