9315 Old Bustleton Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19115Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.macaronis.net/
- Phone: (215) 464-3040
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am -4:00 pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gianni Primavera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Macaroni's Restaurant
Now open for LunchContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Macaroni's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Northeast Philly ›
Macaroni's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)special occasion (36)romantic (30)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (15)late-night find (11)hot spot (10)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fabulous Birthday dinnerSallyDined on 11/21/2014We had a fabulous 91st birthday dinner. We were a party of six and were seated at a round table. Love round tables! The hostess and waiters were very friendly and efficient. Their timing was perfect , freshen drinks and water, clearing and bringing dishes. The food was outstanding. My husband had the veal chop...Loved it. I had one of the specials..John Dory, it was cooked and seasoned perfectly. Everyone truly enjoyed their meals and the evening..Macaroni is the only fine dining restaurant in Northeast Philadelphia. I live on the Main Line where there are many fine dining restaurants, and I believe Macaroni would compare well with many Main Line and Center City restaurant. This was not our first time dining there. It will not be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!RobertMontDined on 11/20/2014Shrimp Pomadoro was a fantastic dish, as well as the seasonal PUMPKIN Raviolis which my wife had and absolutely loved them. Can't go wrong with the great food, you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but not great.JaeHanDined on 11/15/2014Saturday - 1pm Lunch - 6 People (2 kids) The place is dark, but it seems newly renovated. I wish it were a little brighter. It's kind of like eating in a cave. It's clean and the tables are nicely outfitted with clean silverware, cloth napkins, and clean glasses. No cloth tablecloths so Macaroni's is not trying to be extra fancy... just a cut above the normal. I'm appreciate that. My parents arrived before us. They were sat and and had ordered drinks but were not given bread or menus. We arrived shortly after they had and ordrered our drinks but still had no menus. We had to ask for them to bring us menus after our drinks had arrived. The waiter gave us dinner menus but there seemed to be a lunch menu that wasn't offered to us. A couple sitting next to us ordered burgers that were not offered on our menu. Why weren't we given the lunch menu? I didn't complain since it was my Mom's birthday and I didn't want to make a fuss. long wait. order... loooooooong wait. The entrees were $5-8 more expensive than they should have been. Pumpkin Ravioli (2 inch squares) came 4 to an order ~$23 or $24. The filling was a little too pumpkin spiced. Not worth > $20. Maybe ~$17 would be reasonable. Chicken parm is also priced around $23 but with a side of $5 pasta made the dish close to $30. Who serves chicken parm without pasta? If I want to spend $30 on an Italian staple, it should be executed perfectly or at least be novel. The spicy pasta with seafood was fine. It was very salty though. Duck confit risotto was over-salty too. I appreciate the creativity, at least. long wait. given check... long wait. We spent over $200 for a lunch. We had ordered 4 main entrees, an app, a side of pasta for our toddler, a beer, some coffee. If we had gone to Via Napoli, we could have had a similar meal for much less. I think something is wrong with management/BOH. TL;DR - Dark. Food is average. Long wait times. Too expensive. Given dinner menus for lunch.
- A great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2014The ambience was better than I expected. The food was excellent - a mix of old and new world Italian which was much to our liking. The wine list was terrific; everyone in the party enjoyed the meal and the service. It truly is a lovely restaurant for a quiet meal or to celebrate a milestone birthday, which we did. Many thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMMM!OUT2muchVIPDined on 11/13/2014Husband and I went for lunch on a quiet Thursday. We had been there for dinner but never for lunch. The menue looked a little pricy for lunch but then our excellent waiter told us we could get half portions on many items. I don't usually review what I order because people have very different taste, but I must talk about the Pumpkin Ravioli. They are to die for! Beautiful restaurant in an area you would not suspect. A must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining at macaroni'sruthatmacDined on 11/8/2014This was my first time, and it so far exceeded how great I was told it was. The restaurant is just beautiful, the food was awesome, and I can't wait to come back. We will try for thid weekend. Best of luck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My opinionangelDined on 11/8/2014My table was by an exit, draft, traffic coming through. My salmon was crispy, so disappointed and the appetizer I was not impressed with either. But I have to say the service was the best ever!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014We had a reservation for a late lunch. Since it was after 3 PM we were both rather hungry. We ordered the Scallops from the entry list. Our meal consisted 4 scallops in a creamy sauce with a few tidbits of asparagus and radish. Since we were both still hungry, we both had dessert. The food was delicious and the service was excellent, but we left the restaurant still hungry and had a lunch bill was $25 each. I drove straight to Wawa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightfully PleasantMiniDined on 11/5/2014Had a great experience, we will definitley be going back.Special Features:
- Northeast Philly's best kept secretOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/4/2014Undeniably the best restaurant in NE Philly. Amazing Veal Primo, Lamb chops, grilled ceasar and special salad of the day.Special Features:
- excellent foodaprime619Dined on 11/1/2014I have never had a bad meal or service here, The food is amazing and the best around It is like center city atmosphere in NE Philly We had a drink in the new P Square lounge it is beautiful nice decor and a nice addition to the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster ravioliOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014The best lobster ravioli that I have ever tasted...great ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014Great food, good place for parties, I will recommend this place to others. Would like to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCathyDined on 10/29/2014Excellent Food, wine, and impeccable service...and located in NE Philly, no need to go into center city to find a great restaurant...this is our new favorite!!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014The food was very good. The restaurant was very noisy - our table was essentially in the bar section with football on the TV, so definitely not date ambiance. Also our table was underneath an air-vent which was blowing extremely cold air - way too cold for a woman in evening dress.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem in the NortheastTC625Dined on 10/24/2014Downtown restaurant tucked away in the Northeast. The food was excellent and service was impeccable! Prices were on the high side, but well worth what you pay. Best Tiramisu we have ever had! I would highly recommend Macaroni's for a romantic evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentthehappycoupleDined on 10/23/2014We had dinner Thursday night for our anniversary. I had the Veal Primo and my wife had the lobster ravioli, both outstanding. Our waiter, Anthony, was great, very professional. His memory was astounding. Appetizers were delicious as well. Will definitely eat there again. Can't wait till warmer weather to try the outdoor patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014all the foods were distincley, home made italian, tasting. very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey GoodKICNBACVIPDined on 10/18/2014The service was impeccable. The food was excellent. The prices were equal to Center City Philadelphia.Special Features:
- greatfoodDined on 10/11/2014We had a great time and the food was amazing. We loved the new bar area that they built and would definitely go back. My only complaint would be that I called ahead of time to say that there would be 3 birthdays that we were celebrating and they had said they would bring over a piece cake for each person. At the end of our meal, our waiter did not even ask us if we wanted dessert or anything and did not mention the piece of cake for the birthdays; so I was very disappointed about that.Special Features:
- Great little Italian spotSickNaastyDined on 10/8/2014Macaroni is a great little spot in northeast philly. Right as you walk in the feeling of being in a top notch restaurant located in a bustling downtown neighborhood overwhelms you. But the best part is that it is in a quieter part of philly, away from center city. The service was great and quiet helpful while the food was fantastic. A bit pricy but it was definitely worth it. The Veal Primo had everything one could need in a dish and the desserts were perfect to end the night. Definitely a good place to check out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDoslocosguysVIPDined on 10/7/2014Tried this on a whim and Boy were we surprised...The service...food and atmosphere was AMAZINGLY GOOD! Food tasty and hot...Server made the right suggestions and not over bearing....Definitely a repeat place... Prices were moderate..My Lamb was done perfectly and tasty! Only complaint...little noisy for this atmosphere..Special Features:
- A little pricey but it was worth itDisappointedDined on 10/4/2014Visited Saturday night, had 7:45 reservations, we were seated promptly. Service was terrific!! Food was fabulous, we had the steak special. It was done to perfection for both myself (I like medium) and my husband (he likes a more well done steak). We just thought it was a little pricey for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back for more.PappyDined on 9/7/2014This spot is a star in the culinary wasteland that is NE Philly. The service was terrific and the restaurant was spotless. Really nice menu and clever specials. Our meals were terrific from start to finish including service.Special Features:
- we enjoyed our mealyummyforthetummyDined on 9/6/2014It was too dark to read the menu, I think you need to add some lighting.Special Features:
- paulaDined on 8/24/2014An outstanding restaurant. Notably elegant for a small neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in NE Phillyaprime619Dined on 8/17/2014The food here is amazing I would come here just for the roasted peppers alone great food , great service can't wait till they open the outside areaSpecial Features:
- GreatMapobxDined on 8/16/2014Very good food, well prepared. Very nice and efficient wait staff.Special Features:
- Great foodMissy67bmcDined on 7/31/2014A great phila gem! Outstanding food. Friendly staff quaint environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 249 reviews are from the Macaroni's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great foodLexicanfield313Dined on 7/27/2014I had the lobster ravioli, my hubby had crab and my daughter had penne vodka. All were delicious. Food was spectacular. A little pricey but totally worth the $$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedlove2eatDined on 7/25/2014I was a frequent customer when this restaurant was operated by the original owners. Friends recommended it so we gave it a try as it is always good to find a close by restaurant that serves good food. The restaurant is beautiful and the service was great. Selections on the menu were varied and expensive considering they did not serve any vegetable with my entree. Our appetizers were better than our entrees but we all were (4 of us) of the opinion that we wouldn't return.
- FreshblondefoodieDined on 7/10/2014Macaroni's is an absolute gem in the northeast. Appetizers, salads, entrees, specials, and desserts were absolutely delicious and COMPLETELY fresh. As a group that dines out every Thursday night, my friends and I all agreed everything was prepared to order with in house preparations. When we were there, we noticed that they are in the process of creating an outdoor space. It was huge, adorned with a bar. This could be a great addition to the spring and summer months for outdoor eating....We'll be back!Special Features:
- RR65Dined on 7/5/2014Food was very good; I particularly enjoyed the Tuna Steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowMangiaVIPDined on 6/28/2014Everything was outstanding !!! From the food to the martinis to the service. Can't wait till they open the out door patio barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent night out spotshelbysimon08Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I went to Macaroni's to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and we were not disappointed by the place at all. The service was very good and the food was excellent. Everyone in the place was pleasant, and the prices were reasonable. Overall, it was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- TRAVELBUGVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food and presentation were very good - The bread with the peppers is a nice touch and is brought to the table complimentary. Listen to the specials, as they seem to have many and our waiter seemed very knowledgeable. Two of my table-mates had pasta which looked very good and plentiful. Portions are a nice size, although I would have liked a little more on my plate (I had the Chilean sea-bass special). Restaurant was clean, big bar area and definitely seemed like there was enough staff which is why I don't understand why our waiter seemed to drop the ball once our food arrived? At that point everything fell apart for us. Your waiter can made a big difference no matter how good the food. I even had to ask for the check-no good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedAnthonyVIPDined on 6/27/2014We found that many dishes were over the top great while some others were so-so, especially considering the cost. This was true not only for this meal but over time as well. Had the same dish one time and it was great and another time it fell short. Will I go back, yesSpecial Features:
- rs0678OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014As always the food was spectacular. The bar has some nice signature cocktails as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service suckedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014The same time that we had booked for our reservation the restaurant had a private party . They basically completely ignored us and ruined our anniversary meal . They at the very least could have pretended that they cared about the money we spent . The food itself was the only redeeming qualitySpecial Features:
- Second Time AroundSkirschDined on 6/15/2014This is the second time we have been to Macaroni's and enjoyed it just as much as the first time. The food is always excellent and the staff is pleasant and on top of things, but you don't feel like they are rushing or suffocating you. Love the atmosphere of the restaurant and very excited to see they are building a patio with nice size bar. We will definitely return for a third time.Special Features: