9315 Old Bustleton Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19115Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.macaronis.net/
- Phone: 2154643040
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am -4:00 pm Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gianni Primavera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Macaroni's Restaurant
Now open for LunchContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Macaroni's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)special occasion (39)romantic (31)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (15)notable wine list (13)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- FreshblondefoodieDined on 7/10/2014Macaroni's is an absolute gem in the northeast. Appetizers, salads, entrees, specials, and desserts were absolutely delicious and COMPLETELY fresh. As a group that dines out every Thursday night, my friends and I all agreed everything was prepared to order with in house preparations. When we were there, we noticed that they are in the process of creating an outdoor space. It was huge, adorned with a bar. This could be a great addition to the spring and summer months for outdoor eating....We'll be back!Special Features:
- RR65Dined on 7/5/2014Food was very good; I particularly enjoyed the Tuna Steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowMangiaDined on 6/28/2014Everything was outstanding !!! From the food to the martinis to the service. Can't wait till they open the out door patio barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent night out spotshelbysimon08Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I went to Macaroni's to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and we were not disappointed by the place at all. The service was very good and the food was excellent. Everyone in the place was pleasant, and the prices were reasonable. Overall, it was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- TRAVELBUGVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food and presentation were very good - The bread with the peppers is a nice touch and is brought to the table complimentary. Listen to the specials, as they seem to have many and our waiter seemed very knowledgeable. Two of my table-mates had pasta which looked very good and plentiful. Portions are a nice size, although I would have liked a little more on my plate (I had the Chilean sea-bass special). Restaurant was clean, big bar area and definitely seemed like there was enough staff which is why I don't understand why our waiter seemed to drop the ball once our food arrived? At that point everything fell apart for us. Your waiter can made a big difference no matter how good the food. I even had to ask for the check-no good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedAnthonyVIPDined on 6/27/2014We found that many dishes were over the top great while some others were so-so, especially considering the cost. This was true not only for this meal but over time as well. Had the same dish one time and it was great and another time it fell short. Will I go back, yesSpecial Features:
- rs0678OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014As always the food was spectacular. The bar has some nice signature cocktails as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service suckedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014The same time that we had booked for our reservation the restaurant had a private party . They basically completely ignored us and ruined our anniversary meal . They at the very least could have pretended that they cared about the money we spent . The food itself was the only redeeming qualitySpecial Features:
- Second Time AroundSkirschDined on 6/15/2014This is the second time we have been to Macaroni's and enjoyed it just as much as the first time. The food is always excellent and the staff is pleasant and on top of things, but you don't feel like they are rushing or suffocating you. Love the atmosphere of the restaurant and very excited to see they are building a patio with nice size bar. We will definitely return for a third time.Special Features:
- skipDined on 5/31/2014The service and food was excellent. They made you feel that you were a king. Waited on you hand and foot.Special Features:
- JoeCDined on 5/30/2014My wife and I have been to Macaroni's before and so far it has not been disappointed. Experience has been great for a quite dinner with your wife/husband and even our children who also have enjoyed it. Every time we go there, we always run into someone (friends) that we know and it is nice that other people that we know also liked. The last time there we, my wife and I were celebrating our 27th wedding Anniversary and the food was great. My wife had the Veal Primo and I enjoyed a perfect cooked Ahi Tuna steak. We shared a lobster salad that was amazing and so was the entire dinner. We definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014This restaurant is a beautiful place with absolutely the best food!! It is the best kept secret in the Northeast! I will go here for any occasion!Special Features:
- A Pleasant Surprise!pgmaherDined on 5/21/2014What a nice restaurant! It's location and appearance from outside may make you overlook this treasure. But once inside you'll notice an upscale ambiance that you wouldn't expect. The staff was very courteous and professional. The food was delicious. Overall it was quite a pleasant surprise. My only somewhat negative comment would be the quickness of the service. I prefer a slower pace but that may have been due the the early hour of my reservation and the fact that it was mid-week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!!Foodie1Dined on 5/17/2014I have been to this restaurant several time and will keep going back. The food is delicious and the service is outstanding. They have a seasonal special menu and their wine list is great. Any questions I have ever had about the wines or the ingredients that were used, were answered immediately. Great place for a romantic dinner for two or a group a friends looking to enjoy a delicious meal!Special Features:
- Not badvalerieDined on 5/11/2014Good food good service a bit on expensive side. Atmosphere not bad but small noise level was a bit high too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected gem in NE PhillystaccamDined on 5/10/2014Food was very good. We had a table of 7 and all enjoyed everything that was ordered.Special Features:
- Macaroni'sDickDined on 5/6/2014As always, at lunch or dinner the food is great, reasonable and professionally handled like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. Since the update, it is very attractive also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceIrol8210Dined on 5/3/2014You get the center city vibe without having to travel to center city and deal with the traffic and parking issues. Also great food and service! My only gripe is that the atmosphere seems "cold" though, and my husband agrees. If you can get past that....it's great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMangiaDined on 5/3/2014Everything was amazing... We had drinks first at the bar. Our bar tender Joey is a true mixologist (try the limoncello martini) our waiter tony was on point but never over bearing. (Get the veal chop Milanese) can't wait to go back (get the creme brûlée pie for dessert)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another good birthday dinnerBunnyLadyVIPDined on 5/1/2014Good portions of well prepared italian dishes . Great peppers with bread. Polenta just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014This was our first time dining here. We definitely will come back. Food was AWESOME . Staff was friendly and on point with service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOP SPOT!! MUST EAT HERE!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014This restaurant has it all!! Great food, great service, and an elegant place to dine. I hate when people go to a restaurant and they say that the food was great, but the price was too high. It just doesn't make sense. At Macaroni's, the food is GREAT, and the price is extremely fair for the portions and the quality of food. I can't wait to eat here again!!!Special Features:
- Great Italian restaurantKls0427Dined on 4/26/2014Menu was varied, offering pasta, seafood and meat. Food was very tasty and of high quality. Enjoyed the ambiance, the cocktails, the wine, and especially the food. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our foodcrackcrabDined on 4/25/2014Friendly, attentive and very professional staff...The food came out of the kitchen HOT. The salads were very good. The caesar with achovies was delicious. The chicken siciliana was hot and spicy just like my friend likes. The deserts were nothing special. They are a bit pricey, save this one for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Lost something at dinner and called the restaurant the next day. Spoke to the owner who said he would ask the server if it was found and call me back in 30 minutes. It is 4 days later and I am still waiting for that call. Also we were charged for items we never received.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014The food and service at Macaroni's are always good. Be aware that you will be paying downtown prices for a restaurant next to a laundrymat. The inside is very nice but the location leaves a lot to be desired. We had two other couples with us who had never dined here before and they definitely suffered sticker shock when the bill came.
- Good food, pleasant peopleStephenVIPDined on 4/11/2014We were seated right away and found they were keeping the front doors open because some people had complained that the restaurant was too hot. As this was a 7:45 reservation my date and I both found it chilly and I asked if the doors could be closed and the hostesses were happy to oblige. 30 mins. later they were open again. The food was tasty but there were very long delays between courses. I fear those delays had more bearing on the texture of the scallops than actual overcooking by the chef. I waited a long time for a drink refill which was finally delivered by one of the hostesses. In the waiters' defense, he had a table of 15 or 16 also, but 3 parties were seated after us and were served and completed their meals long before us.
- Love this place!skelly221Dined on 4/11/2014ALWAYS impeccable service and oustanding food. Dimly lit yet not too dark, perfect ambiance and terrigic drink selection. Been there at least once a month for the last 2 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLASSYOUT2muchVIPDined on 4/10/2014THE RESTAURANT HAS A CENTRE CITY VIBE IN THE NORTH EAST. GOOD FOOD, NICE SERVICE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!`OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014We had a wonderful diner! Started with a Shrimp & pea Risotto with tomato and saffron broth - tremendous! I had a Ciopinno - clams, mussels, shrimp, calamari and crab meat. My wife had a wonderful pasta with Jumbo crabmeat. Great waiter, great ambiance - we'll be back!Special Features:
- Never had a bad mealPhillyfoodiegirlDined on 4/4/2014Every time we have a special occasion to celebrate or just want to have a nice dinner, this is where we go. Food is excellent, service is outstanding. Never had a bad experience and I've been here plenty of times. I would recommend and have recommended this restaurant to anyone..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Northeast Restaurant.SeashoreDiamondsVIPDined on 3/29/2014The food was absolutely delicious. Service was great.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceAnthonyVIPDined on 3/28/2014Price is only a concern when what you're paying for isn't worth it. This Restaurant is significantly overpriced. Not only is the food overpriced, as the quality is subpar, but paying center city prices for a little restaurant in the northeast is absurd. The service was mediocre at best and the clientele in sneakers and jeans. Again, not for these prices. Food quantity was more than fair, but quality very poor.
- The following 213 reviews are from the Macaroni's Restaurant reviews archive.
- The food was the best ever,skipDined on 3/23/2014The food was the best ever, service outstanding, the bar and restaurant second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014My only comment is it's a little too expensive, will 'save' it for special occasions only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodSasBonDined on 3/15/2014Food is always very good and unique at Macaroni's. It's a nice diversion from all of the chain places in the neighborhood. The service is friendly, the restaurant is clean and nicely set. You are never rushed. Just sit and enjoy fine dining. Everything is good, so you never have to worry about experimenting. We highly recommend Macaroni's. It's a great place to have a nice, elegant, dining experience for adults. Try the eggplant stack appetizer ... really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, atmosphere, andloriDined on 3/14/2014great food, atmosphere, and service-this restaurant is a don't miss love it every time!Special Features:
- Mostly good...LoveToEatOutDined on 3/12/2014Our group of 8 had a nice meal. The wait staff was very attentive and professional. The ambience, etc. is great. A few minor details could have been better: the tables are higher than usual, with regular chairs (makes you feel like a kid at the table); asked for light sauce with my veal entree (it was served drenched/swimming in sauce); Tried the tiramisu for dessert, and while the taste was decent, parts of it were still frozen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food....Expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2014Food was great, service was great.....but was pricey for a North East Philly location. Zaccone's on Cottman Ave has just about the same menu for less... plus it's BYOB. Lower your prices and you will be mobbed...especially with your new Patio.
- Nothing left to say...Popo369girlVIPDined on 3/9/2014Always a pleasure. A dining experience from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.