1619 S. Kentucky
Amarillo, TX 79102Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.macaronijoes.com/
- Phone: 806-358-8990
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - Close, Saturday: 5:00 - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Will Owens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Macaroni Joe's and it affiliates offer the most premier catering in West Texas. With thousands of selections to choose from, we can host an event for 20 to 2500 people. From formal seated dinners to casual buffet settings we can meet all of your catering needs. Call today for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Macaroni Joe's loves to do parties. We offer various private dining facilities to accommodate groups of 8 or more. Please limit group size to 56 people. We can also customize special menu's to satisfy the most discriminating diner. Call today for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Nic Barton 806-358-8990
- Entertainment: Vino Lounge and Bar, Macaroni Joe's most relaxing setting, has 2 LCD TV's to show the Game of the Day. We also offer live music on Special Occasions and Holidays.
A word from Macaroni Joe's
Macaroni Joe's is a locally owned and operated establishment and has been serving its customers since 1999. Come enjoy the finest dining that Amarillo has to offer. We specialize in world fusion with an emphasis on Italian Steaks and Seafood. We have a Wine Spectator award wining wine list, with over 400 selections from around the world. We are proud to offer the most well rounded wine program in all of West Texas. We are the only restaurant in the region to provide a House Sommelier to assist you with your wine selection. We are Amarillo's Premier Dining Destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Macaroni Joe's - Best Restaurants in Amarillo ›
Macaroni Joe's reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (2)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- TexastexasDined on 6/3/2014Great surprise during road trip! Wanted a romantic dinner for our ongoing anniversary celebration. This far exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 18 reviews are from the Macaroni Joe's reviews archive.
- Family FavoritePickEaterDined on 4/19/2014We have been coming here for years. I have moved away, but whenever I visit my family we try to make a trip here. The green chili chick farfalle is the best. Portion sizes always allow for taking home some leftovers. Appropriately sized wine menu, but I'm not a wine aficionado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent FoodMellowOchreDined on 3/21/2014Pretty decent food but slightly on high side for portions. Service was a little slow but not derilict.Special Features:
- CheesywesternriderVIPDined on 8/30/2013In Amarillo for a horse show, and I must say that it's not my favorite city, but none the less we booked Macaroni Joe's via Open Table. If you like fake ivy on the wall, and dark restaurants, then you're going to love this place. Food was OK at best. I'd recommend going to BL Bistro over this place, wishing I'd gone there both nights....
- knockout in AmarillojonnyuVIPDined on 3/18/2013What a great experience in Amarillo the home of the free 72oz steak! Why go there when you can come here and have a real deal meal! I had the pork osso busco, what a treat, also the wedge salad is one of the the best i ever had, it had along with blue cheese and a spicy dressing it also had capers and small torn up pieces of procuitto, out of this world. The house wine was Vina Robles 2009 Cabernet, what a great red wine, they also have a small but great selection of sherry and port.Special Features:
- We found Macaroni Joe's onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012We found Macaroni Joe's on the Internet and really didn't know what to expect. We were very pleased! The food was delicious and the atmosphere was very relaxing after a day of shopping. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- We go there on a regular basis.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2012We go there on a regular basis. It has consistently been a good experience. Certainly on our top list for restaurants in Amarillo.Special Features:
- Would be great even in DallasLifetimeVIPDined on 8/11/2012Stopped over in Amarillo on way home from Colorado. Called some Dallas friends who had lived in Amarillo and they suggested Macoroni Joe's. It sounded like something you would expect in Amarillo. Huge surprise! Food was original and superb. Interior a bit over the top Italian but the service was excellent. Server was experienced and made some great suggestions. Menu was very diverse. We had nachos on wontons that were excellent. I had green chili chicken stew that was really good and wife loved her sea food dish. Macoroni Joe's would be a regular restaurant for me in Dallas. Unless you want a steak that is bigger and tougher than you can eat sold at a truck stop by a guy wearing chaps, for Amarillo it's Macoroni Joe's!Special Features:
- Sommelier was helpfulJudiVIPDined on 6/12/2012In dining alone, I only needed wine by the glass. The waiter offered very little in the way of California Chardonnay to go with my delicious chicken pasta with prosciutto and peas. The sommelier happened to walk by and I asked if he had a reasonably priced CA chard. He offered me a nice Piedmont selection. Had he not happened by, I wouldn't have had a nice accompaniment to my dish. The house made balsamic viniagrette was good, but the greens were nothing to write about as they were straight out of the bag with only a couple of grape tomatoes and a little chopped olive.Special Features:
- Noisy on Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012I wanted to go to Macaroni Joe's for Valentine's Day because it's a very romantic place and NORMALLY very quiet. My husband and I were put in a room with a ton of other people and it was very loud. We had a hard time having a conversation. I've eaten at this restaurant several times though and the food and service are always great. It's a really good place for lunch with groups.Special Features:
- This is a wonderful restaurantAmarilloDined on 2/11/2012This is a wonderful restaurant overall. I was however, disappointed that they did not honor my request to sit "side by side" or at a 4 top table. I requested this in my initial reservation and then again as I arrived. My wife and I were seated at a 2 top and advised all the 4 tops were reserved for 4 (and I agree they should be). However, 5 tables around us (4 tops) were eventually occupied by only 2 customers. The wait staff was great as well as the food; I was just disappointed in the reservation and seating scenario.Special Features:
- The Best Restaurant in Amarillo TXOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/1/2012Upon entering Macaroni Joe's you'll be pleased with the very inviting atmosphere of this restaurant. The bar just off of the entryway is inviting and attractive. There are several dining rooms, my favorite being the one directly through the entry. There is an additional dining room and then a couple of private dining areas for parties. I was seated and ordered a bottle of wine. They decanted without being asked and even offered a glass of champagne to sip while I waited for the wine. The service is impeccable and the food is fantastic. I had their special which was a bone in ribeye cooked to perfection exactly how I requested it. If you are in Amarillo you should make your way to Macaroni Joe’s. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Always gotta stop there rollin'OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2011Always gotta stop there rollin' through town any direction!Special Features:
- Great food and even betterBillDined on 9/19/2011Great food and even better service. What a surprise to find such a nice place on a 3 week road trip across the western US.
- What a great find! OutsideOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/14/2011What a great find! Outside you're in a strip mall, inside you might be in Italy. They have designed the entry so you feel as if you've just entered a grotoo. Excellent Italian food, with a smattering of other cuisines. Fried green tomatoes may be the best I've ever had, and I've had a lot as I order them where I find them on the menu.Special Features:
- They claim they are TuscanChrisinhoustonVIPDined on 10/31/2009They claim they are Tuscan in style but what does Sashimi have to do with Italian fare? There is also a big influence of S. West seasonings and ingredients like NM green chili and the odd addition of Cajun spices. My wife started with the fried green tomatoes which were good, and followed with a nicely flavored tortilla chicken soup (Italian???). I had the shrimp bruscetta which had 4 nice shrimp atop some rather average baguette slices and smothered in some kind of Tex-Mex queso cheese sauce. My NY strip steak was great but a downgraded by a overpowering Mole sauce. My wife had an good pasta. The wine list is huge and extensive but a tad expensive for the lackluster menu. Who would order a $200 bottle of wine to go with a $15 entree?Special Features:
- We were just driving throughOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2009We were just driving through Amarillo and found Macaroni Joe's on Open Table. This worked out perfectly! Great for just passing through but also a change of pace from the typical restaurant in Amarillo. The interior is very quiet with dim lighting and a faux Italian village feel. The food was very good and the wine list is extensive. We had Ryan as waiter and he was excellent! Very attentive and informative, but also not hovering so you never felt like he was watching you eat. Very good!
- Too spicy, I do not like spiceyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/30/2009Too spicy, I do not like spicey food,the chicken was so hot I did not enjoy it at allSpecial Features:
- The Main Dishes were delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/22/2009The Main Dishes were delicious, the service was perfect and the atmosphere was soothing. The whole pieces of roasted, sweet garlic gave a nice punch to the Confetti Spaghetti. I will defiantly be insisting that my husband bring me back for our Anniversary in March.Special Features: