618 S Route 59 #120
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.macarenatapasnaperville.com/
- Phone: 6304208995
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lunch Hours: Restaurant available for Private Events
Contact Victor Borras at 630 420 8995
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: John Borras
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Macarena Tapas
Macarena Tapas was opened by Executive Chef John Borras in 2007. Whith an emphasis on traditional yet creative Spanish tapas cuisine, the menu incorporates both classic favorites and original new dishes. Macarena has a contemporary flare, but encompasses a welcoming, traditional Spanish tapas atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Macarena Tapas reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (25)romantic (16)special occasion (15)good for groups (12)great for lunch (9)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Fantastic once again!!PerkyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Keep up the good work! The Crabcakes and the scallops are 2 of the best things on the menu. The fried goat cheese fritters are the bomb! The only suggestion I would make - develop a specialty drink menu (something other than sangria).Special Features:
- Spanish Gem!LibbyVIPDined on 8/29/2014I've dined at Macarena Tapas many, many times. I love that it is in a strip mall outside of Fox Valley Mall but the second you step in your in a little Spanish paradise. Everything from the ambiance to the food is great. The only reason I rated them the way I did is while the service is great, it is some of the slowest I've received consistently each time I go. While I like to take my time dining, each time I'm waiting...and then waiting just to be assisted. It can be frustrating however, it doesn't keep me from going back.Special Features:
- Food & servicemclinceDined on 8/27/2014The food was amazing and the service was excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerDiningDebDined on 8/23/2014Initially upon entering I felt the restaurant was smaller than I imagined however yet quaint. My friend and I were seated at a high top that offered plenty of room for all our food choices. All the dishes we selected to try were fabulous! I would say I you are looking for a more casual tapas with excellent service and great food options give Macarena Tapas a try I think you will be pleasantly surprised!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING TAPAS EXPERIENCE!OlyaZDined on 8/22/2014GREAT food, cozy atmosphere, excellent service. All in all, one of the BEST Spanish restaurants I've ever been to! It's hidden in a strip mall in Naperville, but well worth seeking out. Another has opened in St. Charles. Run, don't walk, to this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!wmcgeeDined on 8/22/2014I'd never had tapas before, but after eating at Macarena Tapas, I will be sure to eat it again. Great food! I want to try the sangria next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We had dinner here and the food was very good. In addition, the staff was very nice and attentive. I would recommend to anyone looking for some great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas loversTapas4twoDined on 8/8/2014Food was delicious especially the macaroni and blue cheese. Service was prompt friendly and efficient. The peach sangria refreshing for a warm summer evening. Have eaten here many times and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Food & ServicemclinceDined on 7/29/2014The food and presentation is amazing and the service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!AllisonDined on 7/22/2014You wouldn't think much of this place driving past the hidden strip mall that houses it, but it is amazing! The atmosphere is warm, the staff is friendly and hilarious, the tapas are DELICIOUS! (And the sangria isn't bad, either!) Best part? Teachers get 30% off their entire table's bill! (And there are always Groupon deals). I'm so glad we found this place- we will most definitely be returning! Best tapas of the night were the spicy potatoes, hands down! Beef tenderloin was good, and husband liked the mussels. All plates are plentiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for intimate date!CarolandRickDined on 7/19/2014Love going on a date here. Intimate, low light setting. Great food and nice to have time between courses. Food is ALWAYS outstanding. A bit noisier than usual and wish they could do a bit better with acoustics, yet you can still hear your date talk without yelling. We enjoy going to Macarena's and will be there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gabiDined on 7/11/2014What a great find for tapas. The food was amazing, the owner visits with all the tables and is very knowledgeable about Spanish food and wine. It's also BYOB which makes it even more fun!!!Special Features:
- great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Wonderful food and great serving staff. The Sangria is excellent, and the tapas to die for. Definitely worth coming back.Special Features:
- DeliciousCheliDined on 6/28/2014Food was great and delicious. Great atmosphere and sangria was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExcellencePHOTODined on 6/27/2014Macarena Tapas Restaurant has always provided us with a friendly staff, a quality wine list, efficient service and delicious food. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Sexy Tapas and CocktailsWiningDiningGirlDined on 6/24/2014I have dined at Macarena Tapas multiple times and the service, tapas and cocktails are outstanding. Unassuming from the exterior, the atmosphere inside is warm and inviting with sexy lighting, modern, comfortable décor. House sangria + specialty versions are perfect to begin a relaxing dining experience. Macarena's variety of cold and hot tapas are outstanding in both taste and presentation. The noise level is conducive to good conversation and the staff respectfully checks-in, but leisurely dining and lingering over dessert is encouraged-- no rush to turn tables here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeinieVIPDined on 6/21/2014Pricey & acoustics are horrible! The laughing table of 6 ruined our meal.
- Wonderful tastesOpenTableBDFVIPDined on 6/19/2014We loved the different tapas -- served on different types of boards and dishes so all were exciting. The restaurant is small, but not too crowded at lunch so try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best tapas in the burbsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Great food and service..definitely a great restaurant. Highly recommend it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't judge a book...Erick3211Dined on 6/14/2014This place is truly one of the best hidden gems in Naperville. Excellent food and service, one of my favorite places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to like it but...JgaltDined on 6/14/2014I'll keep this short and to the point. Pros: decent decor, several good wine choices, great goat cheese dish. Cons: slow service, mediocre overall food quality, poor mixed drink quality. I would have a hard time recommending this place to friends. Perhaps go for a glass of wine and the goat cheese tapas plate and then hit up another restaurant for dinner... that's what we ended up doing after our overall impression of our first 30 minutes dining there.
- Excellent tapas experience!TAH3456Dined on 6/14/2014A group of 5 of us went to this restaurant to celebrate Father's Day weekend. Outstanding service! We made reservations and when we got there, were seated right away. Our waiter waited on us immediately and the food kept coming with no delays. The food was excellent and the Sangria was very good. Yummy crusted bread was served throughout the dinner. Scallops were delicious but just a little small (that's the only reason why I rated food as a 4 star rather than 5). Garlic shrimp, was delicious, garlic potato salad, delicious! Definately glad we chose Macarenas Tapas for our Father's Day, my family loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodLovetoeatDined on 6/13/2014Authentic cuisine and great good you will want to come back for sure !Special Features:
- Naperville's best kept secretJon10Dined on 6/7/2014This is without a doubt our favorite place in the area. The food is always amazing and service is top-notch as well. The scallops are probably the best small plate I have ever had and would rank high among best dishes I have ever had. If Macarena Tapas was located along the river walk in downtown Naperville instead of in a strip mall off of Rt 59 you would never be able to get a table. The quality of food and skill of the Chef surpasses any of the more high profile Chicago restaurants located in downtown Naperville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strip mall?....you'd never know it!KKISDined on 6/6/2014Escape from the frantic suburban life for awhile. MT is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodUSCGCWODined on 5/31/2014The food and sangria were awesome. Sound level a little highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for small groupWineandfoodandwineDined on 5/29/2014Lots of interesting options. A couple of items we ordered were not available. Gets a little pricey for just two people. Smaller group would allow for good variety at a reasonable price. Enjoyed everything we ordered, especially the goat cheese on toast.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 162 reviews are from the Macarena Tapas reviews archive.
- Excellentluv2gooutDined on 5/17/2014We have dined there three times and every time the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tightmotherof4Dined on 5/17/2014Had reservations on saturday night, we were brought right to our table.....but forgotten fot a while. This place was very bust and had only 1 server that I saw. He, at that, came to us when he wanted, not when we needed him. This place is small. Tables very cramped. Hard to walk between them without hitting someone.Special Features:
- Mothers Day Dinner SuccessAnonDined on 5/11/2014We probably ordered around 12 tapas for 6 people. Everything was shared and everything was good. Some tapas I liked better than others but I did not regret ordering anything as it was all fun to try. The service was great. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. They brought dishes out quickly and promptly cleared empty dishes. After finishing our meal they even brought out a free desert for our table to share. We had a $15 off coupon but instead they gave us 15% off, which was an even better deal. My only complaints are that we were unable to order one tapa because they were out of it, the noise level was a little high at times, and the plates were a little small to eat off of. All in all, it was a great experience and I would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelectableLovegreatfoodDined on 5/11/2014Macarena Tapas is our favorite restaurant! We absolutely love enjoying all of the different flavors from the wonderful dishes. We have never had a dish that we did not like. Victor and the staff have done an amazing job with their menu, the facility, service, etc. We always recommend this restaurant to others who greatly enjoy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub-par tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/10/2014We were excited to try a small tapas place, thinking that the size of the restaurant would allow for the kitchen to really focus on turning out good food. We were very disappointed by the dishes we had, including the bacon wrapped dates (the bacon was rubbery and tasted frozen) and scallops wrapped in bacon (same-- nothing tasted fresh). The goat cheese fried balls were good, but not even a reason to return. It took a long time for our server to greet us and the food did not deliver. We will not return; next time we have a craving for tapas, we'll make a reservation at Meson Sabika ahead of time instead.
- intimate and fungrazerDined on 5/10/2014I keep coming back to this place that's different from most other restaurants and never disappoints. It's fun to try out new tapas dishes so I never have the same meal twice. The service has always been friendly and helpful. Love to introduce others to this place.Special Features:
- Fabulous, as always!MichelleDDined on 5/10/2014This is our fave place to go, by far. We go here for any and all holidays and occasions. This time was just as great as it always is. Fabulous food every single time and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 times in a monthtigrasDined on 5/1/2014Came with my cousin from Los Angeles and I had scallops. She made sure we returned. My husband eats scallops at most restaurants and so we went to Macarena and had scallops for a warm dish and had a fabulous cold tapas with cold salmon. Now my husband is dreaming scallops. He is trying to figure how the scallops became sooo wonderful. TigrisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food...Hidden GemleonflowDined on 4/26/2014You wouldn't know it from the location (in a small strip mall next to a Cici's Pizza), but this place is SO GOOD. The ambiance and decor are cool, and the food is probably the best in the suburbs (on par with Bien Trucha). Lots if clearly markers gluten-free choices. This was our second time there and we will definitely be back. If you can swing it, sit at the bar instead of the tables as the menu is a lot cheaper that way. Our favorites: Red Sangria or Mojitos for drinks, scallops, bacon wrapped dates, goat cheese croquettes, beef skewers, and the broasted potatoes.Special Features:
- It was just OKyogamamaDined on 4/26/2014I had bought a groupon for this restaurant and my husband and I love tapas so thought it would be a great date night without the kids. The ambience was not bad and although our server was nice, he was very slow and seemed a little confused at times. The food was delicious, though. My husband and I both enjoyed our meals and I absolutely loved that the had items clearly labeled on their menu that were gluten free and vegan. Bravo! I put mg phone out next to our check so our waiter would scan my groupon and he never did and then we couldn't find him so got frustrated, paid the bill and left , without ever using the groupon.Special Features:
- Fantastic food!PerkyVIPDined on 4/18/2014This is probably the fourth time we've been to Macarena Tapas. The food is extremely good. Among our favorites: fried goat cheese fritters, scallops, crab cakes, spicy potatoes, and asparagus. Our waiter mistook our "goat cheese" order for the goat cheese bruschetta - so be sure to say the entire name of the dish. The bruschetta is still good, but we wouldn't have ordered both. Service was just ok this time, but has been good for past visits.Special Features:
- My FavoritePleasedDined on 4/11/2014ALWAYS look forward to having dinner at Macarena Tapas in Naperville, IL. The food is amazing and the service couldn't be better. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebration dinnerkwalkerDined on 4/11/2014We went for a celebration dinner and as always it was phenomenal! It was my fourth visit to Macarena Tapas and I've never been disappointed in food or service! I would recommend it to anyone looking for good food and nice people in a cozy restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.