618 S Route 59 #120
Naperville, IL 60540Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.macarenatapasnaperville.com/
- Phone: 6304208995
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lunch Hours: Restaurant available for Private Events
Contact Victor Borras at 630 420 8995
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: John Borras
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Macarena Tapas
Macarena Tapas was opened by Executive Chef John Borras in 2007. Whith an emphasis on traditional yet creative Spanish tapas cuisine, the menu incorporates both classic favorites and original new dishes. Macarena has a contemporary flare, but encompasses a welcoming, traditional Spanish tapas atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Macarena Tapas - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Macarena Tapas reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (13)romantic (13)good for groups (11)great for lunch (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great mealHockeymomDined on 10/18/2014Starting with the goat cheese fritters and ending with their banana dessert this meal was amazing! Fish tacos, bacon wrapped scallops & more. We will definitely come back when visiting this area in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas Mania!jrh2601VIPDined on 10/17/2014Been here a few times now and we love it. Wife and I would go to another local Tapas restaurant called Meson Sabika. Macarena is a great spot with delicious food and fantastic service.Special Features:
- tasty finger foodsavory2sweetDined on 10/4/2014Macaranas Tapas is a neighborhood gem hidden in an unassuming strip mall. Though small its atmosphere is cozy and welcoming to both those looking for a little romance or just want to kick back with some friends while enjoying their delicious take on Tapas. I recommend the goat cheese fritters, bacon wrapped dates and bacon wrapped scallops. You will defiantly need a reservation because seating is very limited. Its only downside it that the wait staff are required to do their own bartending. Things would go much smoother if the wait staff just waited tables and they hired a bartender. But if your tired of the same old chain restaurants this little gem will make your taste buds smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was afraid to eat the foodKathyDined on 10/4/2014The tapa my friend had was actually swimming in grease--we tried to to pick a couple of potato/peppers out of the grease but was difficult. This reminded me of the little canister of bacon fat which my mother kept on the kitchen counter back in the 60's. I was afraid to eat more than 1 of the goat cheese tapas which I had--I don't have the vacation time to spare if I become ill and can't get to work. The bread was dry and just so so. Extremely over priced even if food was good.Special Features:
- Something DifferentDatenightVIPDined on 10/4/2014We tried about 6 different items that we're all pretty good. I think the key to reach outside your comfort zone you may not like it but it will open up new horizons. Overall we enjoyed it but our hostess needed some lessons in customer service.Special Features:
- Best Tapas in Town!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/3/2014Really really good food and beautiful presentation! Service was excellent from the moment we walked in the door. The owner was extremely attentive to everyone in the restaurant - and took very good care of us making wonderful suggestions.
- Just okBoomerdog1Dined on 9/27/2014Service was lackluster. Our server was also the bartender, and possibly mgr. he made us feel as if he was doing us a favor by waiting on us. Food was decent, some dishes were excellent. Desserts were very average. Ate here 2 years ago and food and service were much better then.
- Terrible locationAmigaVIPDined on 9/27/2014We first discovered Macarena Tapas at their St. Charles location. We enjoyed outdoor dining & good food there. For convenience we tried the Naperville location. The restaurant is in a strip mall in Naperville. It's dark, uninviting. The tables are teeny tiny. Wouldn't go back to that location. Will stick with St. Charles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this placesblllDined on 9/20/2014Great food, outstanding service, and the birthday deal is wonderful. Our favorite place in Naperville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic once again!!PerkyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Keep up the good work! The Crabcakes and the scallops are 2 of the best things on the menu. The fried goat cheese fritters are the bomb! The only suggestion I would make - develop a specialty drink menu (something other than sangria).Special Features:
- Spanish Gem!LibbyVIPDined on 8/29/2014I've dined at Macarena Tapas many, many times. I love that it is in a strip mall outside of Fox Valley Mall but the second you step in your in a little Spanish paradise. Everything from the ambiance to the food is great. The only reason I rated them the way I did is while the service is great, it is some of the slowest I've received consistently each time I go. While I like to take my time dining, each time I'm waiting...and then waiting just to be assisted. It can be frustrating however, it doesn't keep me from going back.Special Features:
- Food & servicemclinceDined on 8/27/2014The food was amazing and the service was excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerDiningDebDined on 8/23/2014Initially upon entering I felt the restaurant was smaller than I imagined however yet quaint. My friend and I were seated at a high top that offered plenty of room for all our food choices. All the dishes we selected to try were fabulous! I would say I you are looking for a more casual tapas with excellent service and great food options give Macarena Tapas a try I think you will be pleasantly surprised!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING TAPAS EXPERIENCE!OlyaZDined on 8/22/2014GREAT food, cozy atmosphere, excellent service. All in all, one of the BEST Spanish restaurants I've ever been to! It's hidden in a strip mall in Naperville, but well worth seeking out. Another has opened in St. Charles. Run, don't walk, to this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!wmcgeeDined on 8/22/2014I'd never had tapas before, but after eating at Macarena Tapas, I will be sure to eat it again. Great food! I want to try the sangria next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We had dinner here and the food was very good. In addition, the staff was very nice and attentive. I would recommend to anyone looking for some great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas loversTapas4twoDined on 8/8/2014Food was delicious especially the macaroni and blue cheese. Service was prompt friendly and efficient. The peach sangria refreshing for a warm summer evening. Have eaten here many times and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Food & ServicemclinceDined on 7/29/2014The food and presentation is amazing and the service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!AllisonDined on 7/22/2014You wouldn't think much of this place driving past the hidden strip mall that houses it, but it is amazing! The atmosphere is warm, the staff is friendly and hilarious, the tapas are DELICIOUS! (And the sangria isn't bad, either!) Best part? Teachers get 30% off their entire table's bill! (And there are always Groupon deals). I'm so glad we found this place- we will most definitely be returning! Best tapas of the night were the spicy potatoes, hands down! Beef tenderloin was good, and husband liked the mussels. All plates are plentiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for intimate date!CarolandRickDined on 7/19/2014Love going on a date here. Intimate, low light setting. Great food and nice to have time between courses. Food is ALWAYS outstanding. A bit noisier than usual and wish they could do a bit better with acoustics, yet you can still hear your date talk without yelling. We enjoy going to Macarena's and will be there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gabiDined on 7/11/2014What a great find for tapas. The food was amazing, the owner visits with all the tables and is very knowledgeable about Spanish food and wine. It's also BYOB which makes it even more fun!!!Special Features:
- great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Wonderful food and great serving staff. The Sangria is excellent, and the tapas to die for. Definitely worth coming back.Special Features:
- DeliciousCheliDined on 6/28/2014Food was great and delicious. Great atmosphere and sangria was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExcellencePHOTOVIPDined on 6/27/2014Macarena Tapas Restaurant has always provided us with a friendly staff, a quality wine list, efficient service and delicious food. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 174 reviews are from the Macarena Tapas reviews archive.
- Sexy Tapas and CocktailsWiningDiningGirlDined on 6/24/2014I have dined at Macarena Tapas multiple times and the service, tapas and cocktails are outstanding. Unassuming from the exterior, the atmosphere inside is warm and inviting with sexy lighting, modern, comfortable décor. House sangria + specialty versions are perfect to begin a relaxing dining experience. Macarena's variety of cold and hot tapas are outstanding in both taste and presentation. The noise level is conducive to good conversation and the staff respectfully checks-in, but leisurely dining and lingering over dessert is encouraged-- no rush to turn tables here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeinieVIPDined on 6/21/2014Pricey & acoustics are horrible! The laughing table of 6 ruined our meal.
- Wonderful tastesOpenTableBDFVIPDined on 6/19/2014We loved the different tapas -- served on different types of boards and dishes so all were exciting. The restaurant is small, but not too crowded at lunch so try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best tapas in the burbsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Great food and service..definitely a great restaurant. Highly recommend it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't judge a book...Erick3211Dined on 6/14/2014This place is truly one of the best hidden gems in Naperville. Excellent food and service, one of my favorite places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to like it but...JgaltDined on 6/14/2014I'll keep this short and to the point. Pros: decent decor, several good wine choices, great goat cheese dish. Cons: slow service, mediocre overall food quality, poor mixed drink quality. I would have a hard time recommending this place to friends. Perhaps go for a glass of wine and the goat cheese tapas plate and then hit up another restaurant for dinner... that's what we ended up doing after our overall impression of our first 30 minutes dining there.
- Excellent tapas experience!TAH3456Dined on 6/14/2014A group of 5 of us went to this restaurant to celebrate Father's Day weekend. Outstanding service! We made reservations and when we got there, were seated right away. Our waiter waited on us immediately and the food kept coming with no delays. The food was excellent and the Sangria was very good. Yummy crusted bread was served throughout the dinner. Scallops were delicious but just a little small (that's the only reason why I rated food as a 4 star rather than 5). Garlic shrimp, was delicious, garlic potato salad, delicious! Definately glad we chose Macarenas Tapas for our Father's Day, my family loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodLovetoeatDined on 6/13/2014Authentic cuisine and great good you will want to come back for sure !Special Features:
- Naperville's best kept secretJon10Dined on 6/7/2014This is without a doubt our favorite place in the area. The food is always amazing and service is top-notch as well. The scallops are probably the best small plate I have ever had and would rank high among best dishes I have ever had. If Macarena Tapas was located along the river walk in downtown Naperville instead of in a strip mall off of Rt 59 you would never be able to get a table. The quality of food and skill of the Chef surpasses any of the more high profile Chicago restaurants located in downtown Naperville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strip mall?....you'd never know it!KKISDined on 6/6/2014Escape from the frantic suburban life for awhile. MT is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodUSCGCWODined on 5/31/2014The food and sangria were awesome. Sound level a little highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for small groupWineandfoodandwineDined on 5/29/2014Lots of interesting options. A couple of items we ordered were not available. Gets a little pricey for just two people. Smaller group would allow for good variety at a reasonable price. Enjoyed everything we ordered, especially the goat cheese on toast.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentluv2gooutDined on 5/17/2014We have dined there three times and every time the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tightmotherof4Dined on 5/17/2014Had reservations on saturday night, we were brought right to our table.....but forgotten fot a while. This place was very bust and had only 1 server that I saw. He, at that, came to us when he wanted, not when we needed him. This place is small. Tables very cramped. Hard to walk between them without hitting someone.Special Features:
- Mothers Day Dinner SuccessAnonDined on 5/11/2014We probably ordered around 12 tapas for 6 people. Everything was shared and everything was good. Some tapas I liked better than others but I did not regret ordering anything as it was all fun to try. The service was great. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. They brought dishes out quickly and promptly cleared empty dishes. After finishing our meal they even brought out a free desert for our table to share. We had a $15 off coupon but instead they gave us 15% off, which was an even better deal. My only complaints are that we were unable to order one tapa because they were out of it, the noise level was a little high at times, and the plates were a little small to eat off of. All in all, it was a great experience and I would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelectableLovegreatfoodDined on 5/11/2014Macarena Tapas is our favorite restaurant! We absolutely love enjoying all of the different flavors from the wonderful dishes. We have never had a dish that we did not like. Victor and the staff have done an amazing job with their menu, the facility, service, etc. We always recommend this restaurant to others who greatly enjoy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.